Thuban

Trader's Canyon

It should be, although I'm not quite sold on introductory points.

No, It should be like the encyclopedia, everyone starts at the same level... 0.

And in regards to a starter pack.. I'd rather not do that. If there /needs/ to be a bsa starter pack, new players shouldnt get it until they have raised x number of things successfully. Like.. halfway to bronze. By then they should have enough of a grasp on the game to not kill the silly things, and it gives them time to have also saved up some points to spend of their own. I want to say there was discussion at some point where it was decided new players wouldnt get access until bronze trophy level anyhow (but im not sure if it was here or chat honestly)

No, It should be like the encyclopedia, everyone starts at the same level... 0.

And in regards to a starter pack.. I'd rather not do that. If there /needs/ to be a bsa starter pack, new players shouldnt get it until they have raised x number of things successfully. Like.. halfway to bronze. By then they should have enough of a grasp on the game to not kill the silly things, and it gives them time to have also saved up some points to spend of their own. I want to say there was discussion at some point where it was decided new players wouldnt get access until bronze trophy level anyhow (but im not sure if it was here or chat honestly)

I'm 100% with everybody starting at the same level. It is on the zero that I disagree.

And I'm 100% against people not gaining access until they have a bronze trophy.

I'm 100% with everybody starting at the same level. It is on the zero that I disagree.

And I'm 100% against people not gaining access until they have a bronze trophy.

The problem with starting everyone at same points: At most, I'd only be ok with like.. 2 weeks of points at most being handed out. Enough to get like 4 commons...which covers most of the BSA dragons that would come in a starter pack anyhow.

Not getting access until Bronze trophy didnt mean they werent getting points. Their points would be banking up from day one, just waiting for them to get their access. That I remember specifically coming up. I dont particularly care about when people would get access though. Heavily medicated.

(btw guys, currency isnt tradable between users, since it came up in a different thread...)

The problem with starting everyone at same points: At most, I'd only be ok with like.. 2 weeks of points at most being handed out. Enough to get like 4 commons...which covers most of the BSA dragons that would come in a starter pack anyhow.

Not getting access until Bronze trophy didnt mean they werent getting points. Their points would be banking up from day one, just waiting for them to get their access. That I remember specifically coming up. I dont particularly care about when people would get access though. Heavily medicated.

(btw guys, currency isnt tradable between users, since it came up in a different thread...)

If I recall correctly (dealing with kidney stone, obsessively checking the clock to see when I can get the next pain killer pill, so STAY STRONG, SISTER! ) the idea was to give everybody enough points to make possible to get Prizes two months later or such.

I admit that I'm a bit of a maniac against anything that limits newbies'access. Actually, from many posts, I get the idea that they are quite more computer/Internet/forum savvy than the majority of the veterans.

I'm not sure I see the problem with newbies having to wait until they've reached bronze. Number one, they're still accumulating currency, even though they can't see it, so it's not as if they're being ripped off that way. Any genuine newbie is going to have plenty of new dragons to raise that they can just pick up from the cave or AP. They won't run into a wall of needing dragons that they can't seem to catch quite that quick, especially since the number of common breeds we have just keeps increasing.

(a nice side-effect, not the main reason for this at all) Plus, it'll throw a spanner in the works of multiaccounters. xP To gain access to the store with the multi, they have to spend some time raising dragons on it. (I know currency and dragons obtained that way aren't tradable, but it won't prevent multis from being useful for those determined to use them, such as getting high priced lineage bases faster by using two accounts and then sending the 2nd gen offspring to the main, or even having lineage projects completely contained on the multi)

I'm not sure I see the problem with newbies having to wait until they've reached bronze. Number one, they're still accumulating currency, even though they can't see it, so it's not as if they're being ripped off that way. Any genuine newbie is going to have plenty of new dragons to raise that they can just pick up from the cave or AP. They won't run into a wall of needing dragons that they can't seem to catch quite that quick, especially since the number of common breeds we have just keeps increasing.

(a nice side-effect, not the main reason for this at all) Plus, it'll throw a spanner in the works of multiaccounters. xP To gain access to the store with the multi, they have to spend some time raising dragons on it. (I know currency and dragons obtained that way aren't tradable, but it won't prevent multis from being useful for those determined to use them, such as getting high priced lineage bases faster by using two accounts and then sending the 2nd gen offspring to the main, or even having lineage projects completely contained on the multi)

OK I didn't think of that, sounds reasonable.

My pet peeve is only with some people going on about newbies-not-being-able-to-care-for-eggs. The same people that make me go "oh my under which rock have you been during the last 20 years?" while reading their posts.

Yep, my mistake, amended (I think).

Tier 5 (Metals):

Gold - 1:1 (6 months)

Silver - 1:0.83 (4.98, rounding to 5 months)

Copper (all three colors) - 1:0.67  (4.02, rounding to 4 months)

Prizes (all species, all colors) - 1:0.67 to 1:0.83  (from 4 to 5 months)

Tier 4 (Holidays):

All Holidays - 1:0.5 (3 months)

Tier 3 (Trios and Unbreedables):

All - 1:0.33 (1.98, rounding to 2 months)

Tier 2 (Multiple CB Color Morph and non-Trio BSAs):

"Random" version of multi-colored - 1:0.08 (about two weeks' worth of points)

"Specific" version of multi-colored and all others - 1:0.24 to 1:0.33 (6 weeks to 2 months)

BSA (not Trios) - 1:0.08 to 1:0.12 (2 to 3 weeks)

Tier 1 (Everything Else Available):

All - 1:0.04 (about a weeks' worth of points)

Is ^this^ correct?

Jumping in to this topic late, so if this is stuff that's already been discussed, don't mind me.

Why are prizes worth less than golds? It's true that golds are the kings of in cave rares, but prizes are so rare they aren't even in the cave. Shouldn't they at least be at the same level?

Coppers seem quite high--they appear in trades way more than golds/silvers, probably 15:1 if not better. If you put them that high I don't think anyone would bother. I'd suggest, rather, that they be dropped to tier 3. Speaking of, tier 3 brings up another point; shouldn't rares like blusangs, xenowyrms be in there? Yes, that'd be setting a loose rarity level, but if newly released dragons weren't available in the shop until a few months after release, their rarity or lack thereof should already be fairly clear.

Tier two also seems unnecessarily complex compared to the very basic other tiers. Why not simply make it BSAs and rare forms of alternate dragons (normal forms shunted to tier 1)?

Last but not least... what if dragons could shift through the tiers, at least to a moderate extent? Dragon breeds could shuffle through tiers 1-3 based on how rare the cave deems them at the start of each new month. Allows a bit of flavor and following of the current cave and trading trends without shunting anything into ridiculously expensive prices. Tier 4 would stay reserved for holidays and 5 for true hardcore rares (only golds, silvers, and prizes at the moment, although open to more if another true high level rare is released).

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

One of the things that pushes the prizes down is how they breed. They breed so much easier than golds, so it makes sense that they should be considered more common.

The main argument I've been pushing is simply that we don't really want to be spending years and years and years just to be getting basic sets. And this is while remembering that prizes aren't the only thing in the store. There's holidays as well, and any new player is going to have to get every single previous holiday they want from the store. And don't forget all those tantalizing potions and similar items. To me, if we want the store to be utilized to its full potential (people being willing to spend currency on the potions and dragons that are available in cave) the amount of time needed to get the basics of what is only available in the store needs to be as un-astonomical as we are willing to make it.

We players that have been around for a while and have most of the holidays need to remember the people who join after the store is theoretically implemented. Some of the numbers I've worked out for how long it would take for someone who needs everything to get ultra-basic sets of the store-only dragons are just appalling. DC is a collecting game, it's only reasonable for people to want to "collect them all".

Oh man I would love if I could get some of the older CB Holidays. I don't care how long it takes me, honestly. Being able to have CB Hollies alone would be just... mindblowingly amazing.

I'm not the most enthusiastic fan of the store (I would prefer other options) but I think it is fair to bump the topic, to avoid confusion.

Whereas I am a fan of it as the best / fairest possible way to allow people to earn prizes and so on (and maybe even past holidays.)

As long as we don't end up with grinding mini-games and the like.

Whereas I am a fan of it as the best / fairest possible way to allow people to earn prizes and so on (and maybe even past holidays.)

As long as we don't end up with grinding mini-games and the like.

If everybody loved yellow, what would happen to the blue? I prefer the mini-games, we can agree on disagreeing smile.gif

I just think that this topic needed to be bumped to avoid having people thinking that money was involved.

I was kind of liking it having sunk, because as soon as its bumped, I have to pay attention to it tongue.gif

(i'll be largely out of reach after july 18th.. and so answering new questions will be difficult.)

I was kind of liking it having sunk, because as soon as its bumped, I have to pay attention to it tongue.gif

(i'll be largely out of reach after july 18th.. and so answering new questions will be difficult.)

Oops. I'm sorry sad.gif

No worries, by all means, if you want to actually continue the topic, and tackle things, go for it. But after the 18th, its going to be really hit or miss if questions come up that need answering from me specifically tongue.gif

I need to transfer the pricing to the first page.. if you guys have settled on that.

Tier 5 (Metals):

Gold - 1:1 (6 months)

Silver - 1:0.83 (4.98, rounding to 5 months)

Copper (all three colors) - 1:0.67  (4.02, rounding to 4 months)

Prizes (all species, all colors) - 1:0.67 to 1:0.83  (from 4 to 5 months)

Tier 4 (Holidays):

All Holidays - 1:0.5 (3 months)

Tier 3 (Trios and Unbreedables):

All - 1:0.33 (1.98, rounding to 2 months)

Tier 2 (Multiple CB Color Morph and non-Trio BSAs):

"Random" version of multi-colored - 1:0.08 (about two weeks' worth of points)

"Specific" version of multi-colored and all others - 1:0.24 to 1:0.33 (6 weeks to 2 months)

BSA (not Trios) - 1:0.08 to 1:0.12 (2 to 3 weeks)

Tier 1 (Everything Else Available):

All - 1:0.04 (about a weeks' worth of points)

Is this the finalized pricing? Would like to move it over to first post if it is.

Edit: went ahead and moved it to the first post. There was something someone had brought up that I had promised to go back to, but I'm sorry, I cant remember. Any other issues/concerns need worked out? Still avoiding talking about mini games (they have a place, but arent a priority, since its likely they will need to be worked out by staff behind the scenes tongue.gif)

Edited by Thuban

What would the price of CB hybrids be? Hypothetically.

Edited by Tango

I think 1:1.5 (9 months) would be good. Also, I propse 1:2 (12 months) for Alts, due to their rarity when bred.

Edit: I thought she was talking about 2G hybrids. And Alts. Oops.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

What would the price of CB hybrids be? Hypothetically.

IF they were going to be allowed to play a part, they would probably be at least a years worth of points, however, TJ has made comments in the past about not being ok with them being a thing.

Prize dragons are way more likely to happen than CB hybrids. I'd rather not have CBs of breeds that were never intended to be CB becoming anything close to the "norm."

Edit: First post of this suggestion covered that actually, near the bottom tongue.gif

There IS however, a suggestion that was trying to make them drop rarely in cave...I'd suggest taking the time to read through the comments though before bumping it up, just to make sure you know whats been discussed tongue.gif

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=6890956

Edited by Thuban

Is this the finalized pricing? Would like to move it over to first post if it is.

Edit: went ahead and moved it to the first post. There was something someone had brought up that I had promised to go back to, but I'm sorry, I cant remember. Any other issues/concerns need worked out? Still avoiding talking about mini games (they have a place, but arent a priority, since its likely they will need to be worked out by staff behind the scenes tongue.gif)

Thanks for moving it. Still persuaded that's an acceptable compromise.

I know TJ has said he doesn't want hybrids being released as caveborns, but I've also seen people voicing their displeasure that the honorable mentions were worth more than prizes. If Cb holidays and prizes become available, CB hyrbids and alts will just take over the market as the next 2g prize.

I know TJ has said he doesn't want hybrids being released as caveborns, but I've also seen people voicing their displeasure that the honorable mentions were worth more than prizes. If Cb holidays and prizes become available, CB hyrbids and alts will just take over the market as the next 2g prize.

Not really, no. CB hybrids were never meant to be a thing... just a nice thing to include in the raffles. I doubt we will ever see them happen in anything other than raffles. I tried to keep them for as long as I could, and kept raising the prices in an effort to keep them as rare as I could to try to suit his needs. However, I really don't think that there is a way to include them in this specific suggestion.