Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

---(Nereis)---

Nereis held on tight to his mother's head in anticipation of her following after Caulxir.

((I don't know what that is, so the joke is lost on me.

I'm assuming Alex will just follow us around?))

Blade

He sure seems happy, for some reason. I thought. " Nah, I'm fine." I just remembered that I was supposed to go meet the Ice Queen, and instead I went and ate half of her mana stores.

I hoped she didn't need them.

I followed Alex back to the Queen, who was busily cleaning up the mess I contributed to, snapping at the strange dragons who were still there and barking orders at pygmies as they helped clean. I carefully picked my way around a shattered goblet and went to her.

" You needed me?" I asked. She looked up, suddenly looking very tired.

" Yes. Now..." She paused, thinking. " Not here. Come. My chambers are more private." I anxiously followed, trying to avoid tripping over something broken or dead.

We eventually arrived at the top of a large tower. The room was like a mixture between a nest and a small hoard of miscellaneous items. I eyed a few weapons, interest peaked.

If this is a hoard of personal valuables, then she has had a hectic life. Whisper commented. I didn't say anything, automatically searching at the same time for any mana shards. The Queen sat down on a bed made of fine cloth and wool.

" So..." She began again, seeming to recover form her apparent exhaustion. " Your commander told me you learned a few spells, and you showed me just that. What else have you learned?"

Can she be trusted? Whisper asked.

Should be. She's the Queen, and Alex is with her, so...

You don't even know Alex that well.

I know him well enough!

You better hope you do.

" I have learned two ice spells, a fire spell, and a lightning spell." I finally answered. If dragons were expressive, the Ice Queen might have raised an eyebrow at me.

" Oh really? How? You obviously didn't know them before."

" I listened for them."

" You listened for them." It was a statement, not a question. I just gave her a nod. She sat there, thinking. Long, uncomfortable minutes passed as our gazes remained locked. " How much training have you gone through?"

Now that question caught me off guard. " I'm still an apprentice..." I murmured.

" Good! Go outside, down the hall and on your right. There is a spare room. It is yours."

" Huh-?"

" Don't ask why I have it! Now go! I will wake you up at sundown to train you." The Queen waved her paw dismissively, and I backed out, baffled. The Ice Queen? Training me? Why? What did I do now?! I was being shuffled all over the place, like a package no one wanted. It was so bizarre.

I see opportunity. Whisper spoke up again.

Opportunity?

Think about it! You saw her hoard; you're going to get trained by an experienced warrior!

I didn't see any mana shards-

You would stop thinking about stuffing your face for one second!? Look, if she trains you... you could take down even the toughest of dragons. You could fight for days on end. You could run on nothing but mana the rest of your life. And if you're so concerned about mana, you could probably harvest pools of it without having to worry about hostile locals.

Hm... that's really appealing.

Also, souls.

Oh yes. Definitely souls.

Did you see what color the Queen's eyes were?

No. What was it?

Magenta. There were streaks of magenta.

I walked through the spare room before pausing, and then smiling.

" Magenta." I repeated. " She's afraid of something."

Seize the chance. Train with her. It'll be worth it.

" Yes it will." I said, kneading the bedding in the corner that served as a nest with my claws, before plopping down onto it. " Yes it will."

Edited by skwerl56767

---(Alex)---

I hadn't followed Vylainne and Blade, since Vylainne had wanted to speak privately with Blade, so instead I went over to Veronica. "How are you?" I asked.

For the supposed domain of the great Ice kingdom's queen and assorted peoples of power, the ice palace was rather chaotic. As soon as the small party, consisting of the grumpy healer, the mindless time bomb, and a walking burnt corpse, arrived at the castle, everything seemed to explode. The first few people who saw the queen had to stop and stare at her for a few moments before they could register who she was. As soon as they realized it was Vylainne standing before them, all of them shrieked loudly before clumsily scrambling away shouting, "The queen is back!" at the top of their lungs. Addar mumbled something under their breath as Vylainne barged into the dinning hall, yelling out in disgust before she began to interrogate the soldiers within it. Addar curled their lip in disgust as they entered the hall and gazed upon the various corpses sprawled around the room. What a complete waste of life. What act could permit the guards to slay to do many dragons? How many of the bodies scattered across the room were that of innocents? Did it even matter? All of their lives had been extinguished for some ridiculous reason that couldn't be justified in Addar's eyes. They gave the guard whose commander claimed had gone "mad" a disappointed shake of their head before shooting a glare in the guards' general direction. Even if the Guardian had gone mad like her commander proclaimed, he had failed his job by allowing her to go supposedly mad. He was just as liable to the death of everyone his guard had killed just as she was, but what was the point in explaining that? Children didn't listen to their elders or though the advice their elders provided to be useless. Addar would be wasting breath yelling at them. They turned their head away from the pitiful guards and began to sweep through the area looking for any signs of life.

Unfortunately, it seemed as though the castle's security was practically nonexistent. As Addar walked through the collection of dead bodies, bending down to press their claw against a dragon's neck as they searched for a pulse before moving on, several dragons had the gall to walk up to the queen and begin to sass her. Some Cassare had pranced up to the queen, his chin raised and eye sparkling with pride, and began to throw whatever insult their young mind could fabricate at the queen. Had Vylainne not become so enraged by the child's comments, Addar wouldn't have found the situation amusing. Why the queen didn't simply send some guards to carry the intruder away was beyond Addar. It was cute that the Cassare, and the Pyralspite who soon joined him, thought that intimidating a queen well-known for being brutal was a good idea. Addar rolled their eyes as they removed a claw from one of the cold corpses on the ground. They silently noted the Guardian, the one who had supposedly gone mad, walk up to the queen and speak with her. Addar watched as the queen motioned for the Guardian to follow her before the two walked out of the hall and disappeared for sight. The White quietly remembered the talk they were supposed to have with the queen and how it hadn't happened yet. It seemed as though they were going to have to either remind Vylainne about the talk or wait for her to remember on her own. No matter, either way, there was no one Addar wasn't going to speak with the queen on the matter.

Out of the corner of Addar's eye, they caught a glance of movement in the corner of the hall. Turning away from the queen, Addar bounded over towards the orange dragon crumbled into an awkward position a little ways away. With further inspection, Addar could easily see that their body had been battered or at the very least thrown across the room. Addar placed their talons on the male's body and gently began to run their talons against the Pyralspite's scales. Addar soon realized that several of the male's bones were broken along with his wings. He was bleeding on the outside but by determining just how severe his injuries were, they could conclude that internal bleeding was very much a possibility. They smoothly grazed their talons across the male's body, taking care to not puncture his skin, one last time to check for any other injuries. When they found none, Addar turned towards the nearest pygmy and requested her to bring them a bottle of strong, non-toxic, alcohol. The pygmy looked conflicted upon the matter but soon obeyed after Addar, rather harshly, insisted upon the matter. As the pygmy sprinted away, Addar sighed heavily before settling themself down next to their patient as their tail twitched. Mending bones was not beyond Addar's skill level but it was never pleasant. Everything would go much more smoothly if the male was not aware of what was going on as Addar healed him. That would make the operation all the more difficult.

----

As kind as Flora was, Bismuth could not help but resent the situation he had found himself in. She had offered more hospitality than most strangers would give and Bismuth was grateful for that, but nothing she could do or say make him feel any better about being trapped in a glass cave with a burnt wing, caused by an angry tyrant attempting to kill him, as an army of the undead wandered outside. Well, the undead army seemed to have vanished as Bismuth could no longer hear nor smell them. The wyvern let out a heavy sigh as he rested his head on the ground with a dull expression upon his visage. Lance and Flora had been going back and forth for a while now. Lance wanted to go to the Thunder kingdom and Flora insisted that it was too dangerous. Bismuth had tried to act as a mediator between the two but soon gave up in favor of simply watching them the two desert breeds bicker back and forth.

"Come on, I need to get to the Thunder kingdom!!"

"No love, not until I let you!"

"I need to leave! I need to speak to King Vronti!"

"Not happening, dearie. Now pipe down and eat your cactus."

"Look, I need to get to the kingdom. If I don't, Bismuth's wing might be permanently crippled. I can't have that happen. He could... he could... He could help the King!" Bismuth lifted his head up at Lance's comment, giving the Thunder a quizzical look in the process. Why did he struggle with saying Bismuth could help the king? Was there some other word Lance wanted to use but didn't or did he have some other agenda that Bismuth didn't know about. The wyvern licked his lips nervously and glanced sideways, shifting his feet uncomfortable in the meanwhile. He needed to trust his companion beforehand, but what about now? Bismuth knew little to nothing about Lance and vice versa. Who was to say Lance wasn't going to deliver Bismuth to the Thunder King to be enslaved or be the headpiece and the next feast? Bismuth could end up as a prisoner for all he knew!

" You really want to go out, love?"

" Yes!"

" You're sure?"

" Yes!"

" I don't hear anything... so it should be clear. Help me move it."

" Thank you." Bismuth frowned ever so slightly as Flora walked over the boulder blocking the entrance, beckoning the males to assist her. Lance was more than eager to help the Spitfire move the boulder but Bismuth was much slower than his companion. He had thought about their situation while he laid down and listened to Lance and Flora argue and, to be honest, he was pretty suspicious of the situation. He wasn't sure if he could put his trust in Lance or the king he served. Sure, Lance did help him Bismuth escape, but to what extent would his kindness go? Surely the two would go separate ways by the time they arrived at the Thunder kingdom? Lance would go to serve his king and Bismuth would go off into hiding in the Alpines praying that the queen would never find him. It wasn't a pretty conclusion, but it was the only one Bismuth could think of. The wyvern forced himself to stand up and limped over towards the boulder, wincing as pain surged through his body. He grasped the boulder with his good wing and back talons as he attempted to open the entrance.

(these are getting worse)

Edited by Doctortear

((You're still doing fine. Take a bit more time on them if you need to.))

Vylainne

The Ice Queen watched Blade go, pondering to herself. Things have been very strange lately, but maybe... maybe she won't turn into another Blood Echo.

That would be nice. To have her conversion succeed, for once. So far the only warriors she has groomed in such a fashion have been Ice Dragons, but there was something irritating about them... arrogance, maybe?

She twitched her tail, content to just rest in her chambers, but she felt something nagging at her mind. Like she forgot-that's right! Addar wanted to speak to her!

She yawned, getting up from her bedding. It would be so nice to just go to sleep for once, but being Queen meant she had to deal with the Ice Clan. Though things have never been so hectic before, aside from when Shetne ruled, and it seemed Alex hadn't followed her like she anticipated, so she couldn't go boss him around. The Ice Queen took her amulet off, aware that Addar might snap at her about it, and was about to slip off the metal claws when she remembered they were melted to her. With a sigh, she departed back to the throne room, where everything was actually clean and organized.

" Messenger!" She barked. She had to wait a few moments before a Nilia Pygmy showed up. " Go fetch me Addar. They wanted to speak to me." The pymgy's head bobbed up and down before they left, muttering the usual " Yes, my Queen".

Well, at least some of her servants were still normal.

Vylainne wrapped her tail around her claws, perched on her throne and waiting impatiently for Addar to arrive. She wanted to get back to her bed for once.

Lance

The Thunder groaned, and the boulder groaned with him, as the three dragons pushed it out of the way.

Almost instantly, a vulgar smell akin to rotting flesh penetrated the comforts of the cave, and everyone couldn't help but notice it.

" Ugh, what is that?!" Lance backed away immediately. Flora gagged and retreated as well.

" I-I don't know, it's never happened before!"

" It's putrid!"

Flora clamped a paw around her muzzle and peeked out past the boulder, with the literally visual stench creeping along the cave's floor.

" There are bodies!!"

" What?!" Lance fought desperately to keep from upchucking what little cactus he did eat. Flora recoiled from the entrance, her scales looking like they were peeling up at the ends. " Flora, you're scales!" He pointed out, but the old dragon already had a plan in mind.

" Rotting flesh... my cave has no other entrances... Nhiostrife! Your fire!" She gestured toward the bodies. It hit Lance almost instantly. Of course! Heat would kill the bacteria causing the decay! And Nhiostrife fire is some of the hottest around, being bright blue to prove it.

The boulder was starting to slide back into place, and Lance rushed over to support it. He didn't care how dangerously close he would be to Bismuth's flames; as long as he could make it a straight shot outside. He tore up his wing getting here in the first place, might as well make things a bit easier for the poor guy.

Edited by skwerl56767

Yopple snorted as he left the Queen to her buisness. "Now, since it seems like Alexander is brainwashed beyond help, we need to leave. Furisa seems to not be leaving Alex, and we cannot take Ludwig and Lumina without his consent. C, Luswold, we have to leave."

And the three flew out, Luswold panting.

((Well now I shall leave those three alone till the timeskip))

Veronica sighed. This whole thing was turning hectic. "I don't like it here. Why the hell is Alex so willing to serve this dragon? So many bad things for little benifit. He is locked in an unfair agreement. I want to get him out, but the queen will keep him here. And if she is keeping him here because of being a pretty moonstone, then she will probably want me as well. Larry, you go. I need to think about this alone."

Larry nodded. "Yes." And with that, he flew off. He had landed on giant cliff and watched the scenery around him.

((Now Shetene can come in and work his magic!))

---(Alex)---

Just for fun, I closed my eyes and looked around. I saw what could only be Vylainne sitting on the throne, glowing with impatience. I asked Veronica, "Would you come with me, please?" and headed to the throne room.

When I got there, I told Vylainne, "I must apologize for not coming sooner. I had believed that you desired to speak with Blade alone, so I did not wish to intrude."

Veronica looked up when Alex called her over. "Alright, this better be good." Instead of thinking about what she wanted to think about, she had followed the other Moonstone.

When she got in, she looked around. This was too fancy for her liking. "Okay......so this is the throne room? Fancy......" She also noticed the scarred but regal Ice dragon sitting on the throne, more feminine looking then Larry. Also with metal claws and a very angry look. "Jeez, what were YOU doing?"

Veronica looked up when Alex called her over. "Alright, this better be good." Instead of thinking about what she wanted to think about, she had followed the other Moonstone.

When she got in, she looked around. This was too fancy for her liking. "Okay......so this is the throne room? Fancy......" She also noticed the scarred but regal Ice dragon sitting on the throne, more feminine looking then Larry. Also with metal claws and a very angry look. "Jeez, what were YOU doing?"

---(Alex)---

"Veronica! Apologize. That's the Queen you're talking to."

---(Alex)---

"Veronica! Apologize. That's the Queen you're talking to."

Veronica rolled her eyes. "Like I give a damn." She snapped, eyeing the queen. "Nice collection of scars you got there. Are you the queen or a soldier keeping her seat wa-cool, rather?" She looked her over. She was not only partially melted, but scarred and metal clawed too. "So, Alex, can you explain why you brought me in front of metal claws here?"

Veronica rolled her eyes. "Like I give a damn." She snapped, eyeing the queen. "Nice collection of scars you got there. Are you the queen or a soldier keeping her seat wa-cool, rather?" She looked her over. She was not only partially melted, but scarred and metal clawed too. "So, Alex, can you explain why you brought me in front of metal claws here?"

---(Alex)---

"I was HOPING to introduce you formally, but that idea seems to have gone out the window. And as for why the Queen is injured, well, she had some things to take care of that she could only trust herself to take care of properly."

"I do not see why there is a need to introduce me. Plus, I am not your girlfriend you need to introduce to your mom or whatever." She then looked at the queen. "What buisness did you have to take care of, your majesty?" She pat out the words 'your majesty' like they were poison. "Thieves or something that you obviously were beaten by?"

"I do not see why there is a need to introduce me. Plus, I am not your girlfriend you need to introduce to your mom or whatever." She then looked at the queen. "What buisness did you have to take care of, your majesty?" She pat out the words 'your majesty' like they were poison. "Thieves or something that you obviously were beaten by?"

---(Alex)---

"Veronica. Shut up. Or do you want to get sliced up by those metal claws? I wanted to introduce you since you are a Moonstone like me. Queen Vylainne likes Moonstones, so she might forgive you."

Vylainne

The Ice Queen was humored by this bickering. It seems there have been other trespassers as well; a good reason to not leave a gaping hole in the side of your own dining hall. Alex seems to have befriended one of these creatures, who looked an awful lot like his stepdaughter. And, judging by their banter, they weren't related in the slightest.

" Thieves?" A smiled tugged the corners of her mouth. " It seems I have had an influx of cocky dragons that need to be put in their place." She swept down from her throne, not expecting to be met by two Moonstones before Addar arrived. " Introduced, hm? I've gathered enough just by observing her. She's awfully independent."

Vylainne stared down her snout at the female Moonstone. Veronica, her name was? " Do you have anything else to say before I dismiss you?" She said, tail twitching. Female Moonstones were pretty for sure, but they lacked the splendid contrast of males. They might make good maids, though. If they learn to keep their muzzles shut.

Edited by skwerl56767

"Anything else to say? Well, scar face, what do you want me to say?" She looked into the quee's eyes without fear. How culd this icicle sack scare her? She was never scared of strangers. Unless they tried to eat her.

((Make her a servaaant

Also, Larry is alone))

---(Alex)---

"Veronica! I told you, you should keep your mouth shut. Now go. Before I make you go just because I can and Queen Vylainne would really like that right now."

((Oh yeah. The whole Shetne ideal. I'll get to that. And "Shetne" has only two "e"s. tongue.gif))

Vylainne

The Ice Queen smiled. " Whatever you want." She said creepily. " After all, if you say something I don't like, I could just slice you to pieces. Now the question is, what to do with your body..." Interestingly enough, the Queen was just putting on a show, yet those words made her wonder if she could turn Blood Echo into a cannibal. He was already insane, after all. She also trusted Alex to keep Veronica in check, since he seemed to keep her out of trouble, rather than let her be in it.

She looked up when her suspicions were confirmed; Alex was more loyal to her, then that smug Moonstone. She flexed her molten claws, waiting to see Veronica's reaction, at the same time wondering what she should do with her now that she was within Clan territory.

Rising from the depths below...

He felt a jarring sensation. What was that? It was like... he couldn't describe it.

The Ice Dragon shook himself from dreams of Heaven, and looked around. Of course, if some animal or dragon woke him, surely they didn't mean it. He'd been asleep for years. He has probably been forgotten about. Even if he was seen, who would recognize him?

The Ice trotted through the rock and ice, and up to the surface. It was morning(?), as he could tell by the hazy grey sky getting brighter and brighter. There was a snowshoe hare bolting away, panicking as it felt his presence, but didn't see, hear, or smell him. Of course, being an Ice Dragon, he never really did smell... but he was a sight to behold, at least when he was alive. Unlike most Ice Dragons, who were blue, he had a misty whiteness to him. His faithful servants believed it was holy power. The humble Ice thought it was ridiculous, but the way he and his mate clashed seemed almost like an omen... white, almost clear scales, with her unusual dark blue and sharp claws.

Oh, why did he choose Vylainne? Blinded by her grace in battle? He believed in balance, he knew that, and what better way to balance his peaceful, humble ways than with an arrogant, bloodthirsty war-monger? Or perhaps he chose someone so radical it unbalanced the whole system. But wouldn't two radicals cancel each other out?

Shetne sighed. It certainly didn't make sense to him, now that he had paid the ultimate price. He lost the crown. He lost his followers. He lost his life. And since then, he watched his Trio allies get neglected, watched tensions rise, watched the borders restrict like a noose tightening around Ice Clan society; watched Vylainne climb power, and never stop climbing. He finally stopped watching when he couldn't take it anymore.

But for whatever reason, he was still trapped here, in the mortal world. All he could do was dream of Heaven, dream of meeting his mother, and his father. Dream of meeting siblings he never knew, both ancestors and offspring. Brothers, sisters, cousins... Shetne loved his family, even though he became the last one left.

You would have lived for longer, had you not been so ignorant. He reminded himself bitterly. He trotted on the snow, leaving no footprints and having no shadow. But Shetne, if he couldn't enjoy the afterlife, tries to go back to the mortal life as much as he can, so he made himself completely solid, almost deceiving anyone that saw him.

Aside from the lack of tracks and shadows. And smells. And a number of other bizarre traits. Being dead had its advantages, but right now it was just a cruel reminder of his mistakes and questioning of the existence of paradise.

Shetne heard something, and looked up. A little ways from the Ice Palace he could see so clearly, there sat a figure on a cliff. The figure was no doubt a dragon, so he went in for a closer look. He didn't mean to frighten to creature in any way, but as he approached the figure turned into a distinct Ice Dragon, and Shetne braced himself for the usual barrage the guards gave him, arching his back and flaring his wings slightly in his characteristic manner; though this dragon wasn't armed, and was alone. In fact, Shetne didn't even recognize him. A new recruit, maybe? Vylainne has militarized the palace since he left, he knew that for certain. Nevertheless, he remained cautious.

Edited by skwerl56767

(( xd.png ))

She was about to respond when...she heard something that, if she still had human skin, would make her whole face red. T-That's WRONG! What to do with my BODY?! She shook her tail. "My body is not to be touched. Now, you want to know something? Your servant here is suicidal. He almost killed himself because I did not eat chocolate. If you kick me out, then he will not be able to know I am eating chocolate, then will assume I am not, then will kill himself. You don't want your pretty servant dead, do you? Then figure out a solution while I am not kicked out."

~~~~~

Larry had yawned as he looked into the hazy morning horizon. He remembered when him and Veronica were partners, human, working with sciencey stuff. He was almost suprised when she took a magic route to try and expiriment. And look where it got them. He sighed and laid his head on his paws (?) and tried to fall asleep.

When a presence kept him awake.

He looked up to see a misty white Ice dragon come over to him. "Uh...hello? Am I supposed to be a guard? The queen never sid anything about me having to be a guard. Who are you? Do you need to know who I am?" These questions just flowed out of his mouth.

---(Alex)--

"Hey. What did Queen Vylainne say? I would highly recommend shutting up."

((alot.png))

Caulxir

"Indeed." Caulxir replied and a wretched grin appeared on his face. "It's settled! Call me Caulxir, the greatest necromancer in whole Galsreim!" There was no doubt he was one - mainly because the others were killed or enslaved by him. "Come now... We need to go to evaporate the living plague of this world!" He started laughing maniacally as he dashed down back to his army.

The dark dragon took to the air slowly, following the Marrow. So who do we destroy first, hmmm?

((Ahhh making the most of a ONE LINER))

Veronica's head whipped towards the fat Moonstone. "Excuse me, but the Queen said I could have some more speaking time before I was shoved out. Isn't that right, your majesty?" She looked towards the queen with sweet eyes and then turned back to Alex. "Don't you listen to your own queen?"

((Ahhh making the most of a ONE LINER))

Veronica's head whipped towards the fat Moonstone. "Excuse me, but the Queen said I could have some more speaking time before I was shoved out. Isn't that right, your majesty?" She looked towards the queen with sweet eyes and then turned back to Alex. "Don't you listen to your own queen?"

---(Alex)---

"Apologies. I must have misheard. I was distracted."

Caulxir

"I don't have any specific direction..." Caulxir replied to Desipis's words. "Especially after part of my army got destroyed..." He added, mumbling under his muzzle. The Marrow looked around, trying to sense where any bigger life sources were. A grimace appeared on his face as he didn't take note of any. He turned his head to the new comrades of him - it partly disgusted him that they weren't undead, but he actually needed some allies, living allies, that would help him reach his goal, and because they were willing, well... "Maybe you have a desire to go somewhere, comrades? By the way, may I ask you what your names are?" Caulxir asked while raising one of his brows. His sight rested on the female Desipis, who seemed to have great magic potential inside her. The Marrow already liked her for her directness and determination to get what she wanted - he could sense it, as well with the fact that it won't be hard for them to find common ground.

The dragoness noticed the deadly dragons gaze. She allowed her eyes to wander briefly, his wings where beautifully proportioned. I am Terra, last of the Shatter Shards. She left out the part she had killed her family for their mana!

((Sorry, pain meds messed me up))

((It's okay, no stress :3))

Caulxir

"Well, well, the last you say..." Caulxir said more than to himself than to the others and took a closer look at the dragoness just like she did with him, taking notes about her build and the overall look. Truth be said, the Marrow found her somewhat attractive with the orange crystals running down her neck and along her body, down to the tip of her tail that ended with a larger crystal than the rest. He also noticed that she seemed to find him attractive, which had never happened before - probably mainly because he killed any before she could show it.

Caulxir looked at the dragons that seemed to accompany her. A collosus and a dark pygmy, who refers to her "mother"... They will prove useful sooner or later, yes, no doubt. he thought, as if trying to convince himself, as he wasn't used to company of living dragons. A great mage and a beautiful lady was one thing, but her fellows... The Marrow decided not to think about it much, as time would tell what would happen next.

"Well then, fair Terra, shall you have a desire to go anywhere, tell me. We can't let the lineage to fade, can we?" A maniacal grin appeared on Caulxir's face. The presence of this particular Desipis surely fogged his mind, but nevertheless he knew that he needed a descendant, someone to teach the arts of necromancy... A hatchling of his own.