Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

((Yes, I meant you. I was poking Alex because he was encouraging the lack of ooc/ic difference.

People will get confused.))

What does "ooc" mean?

What does "ic" mean?

What are they short for?

I'm clueless.

Wait.

Is it out-of-character and in-character?

Suddenly, the definition resurfaced all the way from the bottom of the deep ocean of of my mind.

I thought it had drowned.

I'm not 100% sure what those mean either way.

Edited by Geometry Dash YouNoob

What does "ooc" mean?

What does "ic" mean?

What are they short for?

I'm clueless.

Wait.

Is it out-of-character and in-character?

Suddenly, the definition resurfaced all the way from the bottom of the deep ocean of of my mind.

I thought it had drowned.

I'm not 100% sure what those mean either way.

((Stuff that isn't narrating your characters actions/words should be in double parentheses, like this.))

((Stuff that isn't narrating your characters actions/words should be in double parentheses, like this.))

Oh.

I see.

*jumps in face* No you don't.

Where we left off, we went shopping, bought lots of stuff, Aurora ate the chocolate again, and we actually had a good night.

The next morning, I woke up extra-early. It was hard, considering my breed. Anyways, I woke Aurora and Moonglow up, and we got to work. We started by putting food away. Then we gave Aurora her things, and hung the mana shards.

The house was beautiful enough in broad daylight with the shards.

"Imagine how fascinating it will be during the night."

By the time we were done, it was only eight o'nine in the morning.

I had planned some things for today, and with our timing, I decided to start early. We started our series of things with a trip to the homeless shelter, where I made a great donation of one thousand coins. (Don't ask where, how, when, or why I got so much money.)

Next, we went to the library to see if there was anything useful we could find (there wasn't).

For our third destination we went to the market and got some string and stuff.

Finally, we went to the forest to find things such as apples.

Then we went home, and decided that we should all go fishing.

With fishing rods.

This is going to be seriously awkward...

I asked Moonglow and Aurora if they wanted for me to make them fishing rods of their own, which, at the time, I thought was one of the dumbest ideas I ever had, considering the fact that I'm a dragon.

"Sure! I love trying new things."

"Yes?"

I actually ended up making their rods very well, and within the first five minutes after we started fishing:

"Mom! Dad! Look!"

Aurora caught a large blue-finned tuna. We decided rather quickly that this one was a keeper.

"Good job, Aurora!"

Moonglow caught a medium-sized bull trout but had to put it back because, unlike some people, we actually follow rules, even though we're dragons.

I simply find it pathetic how humans generally have to follow rules but some don't, yet us dragons seem to listen more than those people despite having more freedom than just about any other living thing.

Pathetic.

Anyways, I tried as hard as I possibly could to catch a fish, but thing jusT kept happening (accidentally flinging the fish into the air, broken line, etcetera...)

Finally, something started pulling.

"Whoa, this one's pulling real hard... must be something huge.

*begins to lift rod* Let's see what this guy is..."

I continued to pull the rod upwards...

The pressure was getting to everyone...

To Be Continued

((Don't worry, I'm not stopping here. I'm just making it into two posts so it can be a bit more... I don't know.. dramatic, I guess?))

I don't see why everyone's gonna be upset if I don't add parentheses every now and then, but I suppose it won't hurt...?

((*takes a deep breath*

It is against the board rules to talk out of character without parentheses. Even if your character is yourself. Hell, Alex does it. And if Alex says that you have to, YOU HAVE TO. Because he's the OP of the thread. You have to listen to him, even if you don't want to, or you won't be allowed to post here *is scared about the consequences of that statement*.

AND STOP DOUBLE POSTING

JUST EDIT YOUR RESPONSE))

Edited by MyaMouse

When we left off...

The three of us did a lot of things, including fishing. I was reeling one in, and the pressure got to everyone.

~ On to the story! ~

I pulled the line out of the water, and guess what was on it?

A guppy.

Let me say that again:

A guppy.

G-u-p-p-y.

They don't even occur naturally in the area, so why the heck...

*starts chuckling*

"Aurora, don't start, please..."

"Alright, Aurora, that's eno--"*starts laughing* "Sorry, I can't help it..."

"It's just... Aurora catches a big tuna, I catch a decent trout; but you? You get a guppy. A guppy! This is just hilarious."

Looks like I'll never be hearing the end of this...

I need to start fishing like any other dragon would do: sort of just grabbing them right out of the water.

"Okay, I'm getting tired. Not tired of you, or what you're doing, but I'm just tired. Let me get some sleep, and quit giggling like little seven-year-old humans."

"Okay, Aurora. Let's allow your father to get some sleep. I heard he has something for you!"

*whispers* "No, I don't!"

"Oh, boy! What is it? What is it? Whatisitwhatisitwhatisitwhatisit?"

"Okay, enough! Please! At least long enough for me to get some sleep!"

*goes elsewhere*

*goes elsewhere*

Finally, some peace and quiet... now I can get some rest.

*loud snoring*

*loud snoring*

*loud snoring*

*flips over*

Several hours later...

*loud snoring*

"Hmmm...? Already time? Ithinkishouldgetmoresleep." *random gibberish*

*proceeds to loudly snore*

((Okay, I literally had to double post because it wouldn't let me edit my last post.))

When we last left off...

I was humiliated.

And I slept.

((Mutch descripshunz.))

~ On to the story! ~

*still snoring*

"Come on now, Adam."

*yawns, stretches, then gets up*

"Now you won't be able to sleep when you actually have to, since you took a five-hour nap..."

"As a matter of fact, I will be able to. I'm not sure whether or not you've noticed--"

"--I have noticed..."

"--but I am a Pillow Dragon."

*sarcastically* "Exactly! and because of that, you'll be able to sleep whenever you want!"

"Is there really any need for the sarcasm?"

"Yes, in fact, there is."

*loud sigh*

*louder sigh*

*load roar*

*louder roar*

"OK, really? So you're going to mock me?"

How did I not notice until now that my mate and daughter are capable of being extremely immature?

((Now for whatever reason I'm imagining a Black Tea dragon drinking tea, in a tuxedo and top hat. I have a rather vivid imagination, don't I?))

"Alright, alright. I'll stop."

"Do you think I should try flying for the first time?"

"That's not a half-bad idea."

I'm actually hoping he fails. Not that I want him getting hurt, just... um... well... you see...

Rude.

"Could I try flying, too?"

"Of course you could. No one's going to stop you from at least trying."

"I guess we should start somewhere flat, so we don't hit a tree or something on our way up if we do manage to take off. Of course not the desert, though; the desert is flat, but, well, you know... cacti. I think that would hurt; am I wrong?"

"You are most definitely not wrong. That would be rather painful. How about we start over on that plain?"

"Sure. That seems like a nice starting point.

Forty-seven septillion yoctoseconds later...

((A yoctosecond is one-septillionth of a second. So, in other words, it was forty-seven seconds. I just decided to make it seem like an unnecessarily long time before you, the reader, read the stuff inside these parentheses. tongue.gif))

"Wait... Don't you think we should try flapping our wings first, before actually flying so we know we're not just basically going to be hopping around like fools?"

"I suppose..."

*immediately manages to flap wings* "Oh, yay! It's already working!

*tries to flap wings* Come on, you stupid wings... Work! "I'm sure this is going to end up being exactly the same as when I tried to use my telepathy: I'm literally going to be all over the place, rolling, roaring, doing everything that isn't flapping my wings.

Wait... I eventually succeeded, didn't I?"

"Yes, and that's when I thought you were simply crazy..."

"Okay, okay... no need to go into the details." *continues to attempt to flap wings* "Okay, come on, you stupid things... Cooperate..."

This is just humiliating.

At this point, I shouldn't be surprised. I've only been living my life as a dragon for about four days, and I've already been humiliated more than I was in my thirty or so years living as a human being.

*tries as hard as possible not to burst out laughing* "Heh... heh... HAHAHAHHAA! This is pathetic!"

*sarcastically* "Thanks for the encouragement, Aurora."

*also sarcastically* "You're welcome, Dad!"

Finally, after a long, humiliating hour and a half, I managed to flap my wings.

Yay, I guess?

I couldn't feel proud, though, because Aurora was still laughing, and Moonglow looked as if she were about to join in on the teasing.

"Okay, would you please stop for a day or two? I'm trying as hard as I can to do stuff. Sorry I ever walked Aurora four days ago."

"Adam, we never meant to make you regret becoming a dragon, we just... um... well, you see...

We're sorry. We'll try to keep in line for a while."

"Thank you. Now I need to focus on flying. I'm not going to get very far in life until I learn to fly. Try to show some support...

please."

"Alright, we'll try to show you our support."

"Aurora, first I'll let you fly, or at least try to."

"Thanks, Dad!" *starts running*

*jumps*

*begins to flap wings midair*

So far, so good...

"Should I start trying to take off?"

"Sure!"

Nah, I don't hope he fails.

I wonder if there's someone who reads every little bit of my mind...

That would be uncomfortable.

Meanwhile...

"This is amazing! I'm flying! Oh, and what a view this is!

Hey, what's that? I think I'll follow it..."

Meanwhile still...

"Come on, you can do it!"

*faceplants for the twenty-fifth time*

"Well, as you humans say, 'third time's a charm'--"

"Well--wait a minute...'you humans'?

Also, I've already failed twenty-five times, not just two."

"Right..."

*begins running as fast as possible (not very fast because Pillow.)*

*jumps*

*flaps wings*

"Hey, I think I might be...

Yes! I'm flying! Finally!"

What to expect next time:

An encounter with a pluffra, and more!

See you next time!

-GDYN

A flood of relief washed over Addar as Vylainne simply nodded and went along with what they said about keeping Alex contained. No doubt that she was thinking of some way or another to bend him to her will, but that was a problem for later. For now, all the mattered was that Alex would be under her control and she understood the dangers of his powers. For a moment, Addar pondered just how long the queen could keep Alex under her control. His wit wasn't sharp now, but it could grow clearer as he grew up. There was also the high chance of Vylainne losing control of her kingdom in the centuries, perhaps less if something horrid were to happen, to come. She wouldn't hold power forever and Alex would have to be dealt with one way or another. No, now was not the time to think such dreadful thoughts. They would deal with the issue as the time arose, now now. Shaking the gloomy thoughts out of their mind, Addar rested their gaze on Vylainne as she spoke, their mouth forming into a line in the process.

"Removal from the public eye is all that is necessary," Addar stated with a nonchalant wave of their talons. "It is not the abilities I am concerned about, it is the hatchling's mere presence. Alex gained his powers after being exposed to the Guardians. The hatchling simply being here is dangerous enough, either kill him or place him somewhere were he will have contact only with those who know how to deal with his kind, which of whom are very few in numbers might I add." The death of a hatchling was a huge lose to the world but it could not be helped. If Skoal became too troublesome, he would have to be removed permanently. The world could not handle dragons who were not born to handle the element of time running amok. He needed to be either taught how to conceal himself from the world and control his powers or he needed to be taken care of in the quickest fashion possible.

"Take no courtesies when dealing with the hatchling," Addar said as they gave the queen a harsh look. "I care little for violence, but I am more than familiar with the power of an untrained Guardian of Nature, make sure he is secure when you are dealing with him. On that note, may I inquire as to how you obtained such a hatchling? They don't grow off of tress you know."

(these are so short help)

((Why do I feel like making more already?

That's it. I'm making more.))

When we last left off...

I started flying! Yay!

Also, Aurora was most definitely was enjoying her flight.

~ On to the story! ~

"Are you having fun yet?" *passes me*

"Was that rhetorical? I'm having the time of my life up here!

Whee!" *spins*

"What is that?"

"It appears to be...

...just as I thought! A pluffra!"

Dragons of my own kind...

Interesting; that must mean we're in the mountains...

Perhaps I should fly with them for a little?

"Moonglow, I'm going to follow the pluffra for a little, just sort of as an observation. Try and find Aurora."

I went over to follow the pluffra.

It turns out that's also what Aurora was doing, coincidentally enough.

"Hi, Dad!"

"Hi, Aurora. Go find your mother, and head home. I'm going to observe this pluffra for a while. Let her know, please."

"Okay. I'll go to Mom now." *barrel rolls then turns around*

Hmph... show-off.

Hmm... nothing unusual, it seems...

So I observed the pluffra for quite a while, and eventually we had reached a mountain. It appeared they were going in for the night, so I headed home.

After about another hour and I was over the plain, so I started lowering myself. A minute later, I was home.

"Hello, Adam. Did you find anything interesting?"

"No, unfortunately. We eventually went to a mountain, and there was a cave there. Must've been their home, since they all landed and went inside."

"Did anything else happen?"

"Besides seeing a Sunsong Amphiptere, no.

"A Sunsong Amphiptere? Isn't that the same breed of dragon as the one that started all of this business?"

"Yes, in fact, it is."

"Something tells me that bad things are going to happen soon..."

To Be Continued

What to expect next time: An encounter with the Sunsong that started everything, and me spending some time with an old friend.

((Do I have to write more stuff? Pwease don't teww me I have to wite mow stuff.))

((No need. Just wait to encounter the Sunsong until after the timeskip smile.gif ))

((No need. Just wait to encounter the Sunsong until after the timeskip smile.gif ))

((When is the end of the timeskip?

It better be soon.

I want to show that Amphiptere what she's messing with.))

((When is the end of the timeskip?

It better be soon.))

((We just have a few more interactions to go, until the timeskip happens. So yes, soon. Now all questions and stuff go into the OOC, please))

Vylainne

The Ice Queen smiled, remembering the memories as though they happened mere days ago.

" How Skaol ended up in my dungeons... hm..." Should she tell Addar the whole story? No doubt they would prod and find out sooner or later.

" You know very well from where I came from; A small tribe out in the mountains. The tribe was centered around hunting; it was our livelihood. We hunted to eat, to trade, to stay warm, to create shelters, everything. And consider yourself lucky that you are even hearing this." Vylainne added warningly. " I keep my origin confidential for very specific reasons. But you do know that I came from that tribe. But well, I was quite the ambitious hunter." She smiled again at the memory.

" I wanted to bring something entirely new to the table. Something spectacular. And I found an egg inside a cave. Eggs were often either eaten ceremoniously or used as decoration. My chieftain forbid me from doing anything with the egg, and hid it before I could react or anyone could see it. From that egg, Skaol came.

" You're probably wondering how a Guardian of Nature was summoned in the cave. Simple! The Trios at the time-Shetne, Labes, and Vronti, all still hatchlings as far I know or care-tested out their powers. I don't know why, but that's how the egg got there. Why it misplaced the egg is beyond me.

" My chief attempted to raise Skaol from birth, but soon word of the hatchling leaked and a rival tribe raided us. They kidnapped Skaol and killed almost everyone. I took those who survived and went to destroy their camp to take the him back, and as a result only I escaped the burning camp alive, and was so... alive... from the attack that I volunteered to train in Shetne's army. Once I became Queen, I went back into the territory, among the scorched ruins, and found him; he called the ruins home, and he returned there from a hunting trip while I was searching for him. I seized him, and well, he's been in my dungeons ever since.

" So that's the story of Skaol. I know of his power, which is why I kept him locked up." Also so he's out of the way so conquest is easier. She added silently to herself-ah, the glory of long-term plans! " Ironfrost Keep has a multitude of solitary cells, and it is extremely isolated. I can lock him in its depths and no one-not even himself-will ever see the light of day. He will simply vanish from history."

Vylainne was pleased with herself. She always considered her younger self to be too ignorant and inexperienced to look back on for any reason, but that story was always a refreshing one, because of her accomplishments.

Edited by skwerl56767

Pyro

The magi accepted my apology with surprise, to my surprise. I wonder, what kind of story do you think he has if he's surprised at an apology? And I turned my head to the side slightly as he said that Tinselwings didn't bother them much. What did she do?

Still, my task was complete, and I needed to join up with Amara and co, so I dismissed the thought and landed back on all fours to walk back and tell Tinselwings to go seek out Mira and Skies to go and tell Amara where to meet up with us.

Suddenly, an orange blur zoomed past, "shouting": "There's a pair of huuuuuuge dragons in town! Do something!" then flapped off, very powerfully, too. I blinked-especially since that gust the dragon made caused my eyes to dry-out of my thoughts and looked around. The town isn't *that* big, so where.... Oh.

I looked at the towering black heads, in such a contrast to the light blue sky, it's a wonder that I didn't notice them without looking around. Or maybe it isn't such a wonder. I'm not the "physically" observant type.

Despisises. They seem nice enough, though, so I walked over to where they might see me better, raised my head to look at them, then shouted:

"Hello!" with a friendly wave, doing that tail-balance thing again, though it was surprisingly harder to do on sand than wood. I got down, then walked the rest of the way to the grass. Skies had stopped scolding Tinselwings, and was now kind of trying to make himself appear smaller, looking fearfully and suspiciously up at the Despsises. Well, he is a magi....

"Skies, go and find Amara and the rest of her group and tell them we're back. Tinselwings, go to the east side of town, if you see Mira, Basii, Empyreal, a ghost, and a wolf-eared boy, then tell them that I'm going to leave soon," I said. Skies just... Looked at me before slinking off, glancing nervously at the two huge dragons to our left.

"What about you, lazy?" Tinselwings grumbled, refusing to meet my eyes. She was still laying on the grass, front limbs sprawled in front and her right wing hanging out with a bit of ice that I hadn't noticed until now ridging the base of her limb.

"I'll be buying a few supplies for detecting magic and such. I have to find a way to get this dragon form off me."

... I mean, apart from the calming glow, ability to use raw mana, and "possiblity* of flight, I really don't have as many advantages. In fact, I'm sure that the only reason that we hadn't had any poachers trying to kill me is because of the fact that we were in a group. Plus, no opposable thumbs, reaching into small spaces is such a pain, and urg, the monthly.... Nevermind. I smiled to myself. So, it's been over a hundred years and I still had the habit of conversing in my thoughts.

Shetne

The Ice Dragon nodded understandingly as the morning light illuminated his semi-solid form and revealed his more translucent nature. Vylainne was harsh enough already; apparently cuddling didn't help.

" I doubt that Vylainne will give up her place on the throne easily. If she does find a replacement..." He flinched, as the mere thought of it pained him. " Then they will be as ruthless as herself.

" Vylainne... I can't even call her my mate anymore. It brings back bad memories. My gullibility, my cowardice; it cost me my life, my kingdom, everything! And worse, I can only sit back and watch her destroy what I have worked so hard to maintain." Shetne looked at Larry, pondering to himself. " Only an Ice Dragon, who can match her strength and cunning, can overthrow her, and keep her off."

Somehow, Larry understood. All that horror he went through, all that shame he feels now. "I-it's okay..well, maybe not OKAY okay, but I am sure it will get better someday..." He got a little closer. "Hey...has any dragon ever tried? And have you ever found somebody like that? I am sure there is somebody..."

((Short post is short))

((" Shetne stared so intently at Larry, that his mighty kingly stare pierced the veil over his soul and made him jump 5000 feet into the air proclaiming:' I will be the KING!'" xd.png But no really, I feel like we're barely inching toward the finish.))

Shetne

" No." Shetne said a little sourly. " No one bothered to go up against Vylainne, especially since she has so much power. I remember one poor soul who challenged her to solo combat; he literally lost his head. Another one was turned into an ice sculpture to be posed in the throne room. Most non-Ice Dragons don't stand a chance." He cocked his head, thinking. " Though... there was one dragon... no, that never made any sense."

((Presumably))He noticed the young Ice giving him a long, hard look, and the former king sighed. " Well..." He said a bit reluctantly. " Admittedly, once, I was desperate, and a particularly aged Nebula boasted that she could read once's fate in the stars she gazed upon. Like the constellations told the stories of others and not themselves. I told her to find out what would happen to Vylainne.

" She said that... I would die. Not how, or where, or why, but that I just would. Then she said that afterwards I would choose an heir to the throne. I thought that was insane, like somehow my dead body would appoint a king." He chuckled. " And yet here I am, speaking to you. But this Starweaver, as she called herself, mentioned something else: the Darkness will consume itself.

" I wasn't sure what she meant by that; but in reality, she never answered my question. All she did was make me stare into the future and anticipate my leaving." Shetne shrugged, staring at the rising sun. " Seers. Starweavers, Webreaders, Firegazers, whatever they call themselves, they always make you leave with more questions than answers.

" I spent a long time trying to find a hidden message in her words, but I came up with nothing. so all I could do is hope that someday, my mistake would be corrected; by myself, by a friend, or even a complete stranger, it didn't matter as long as it was done."

Edited by skwerl56767

Vronti had been curled up on his rather uncomfortable throne, reading an interesting story about humans being turned into dragons verging on a war by a supposedly intelligent and most definitely creative, imaginative, and fanciful human author when he heard the doors creak. The thunder king rolled up the scrolls and put them back into the bag and tossed it into his chambers. He did his best to fix his posture as the threesome walked in, but when he saw who the dragon at the front was, he nearly fell out of his throne - again. "Leidan? Is that really you? Where in Valkemare have you been? We searched everywhere for you!" He nearly ran up to the Thunder but stayed still as to not make a fool out of himself. "And why is an Alpine dragon in my territory? It's not like Vylainne to have servants other than Pygmies, Ices, and Frostbites, so I can rule that out... But who are you? And aren't you terribly hot?"

((*collapses*

So

Did I do it right?

And sweaty-kind hot, because I reread it and it sounds like the other kind of hot

But that's just me))

((It is just you. I didn't notice it until you said something. xd.png))

Leidan

Lance-or Leidan, as his true name was-felt a surge of relief as the first words out of his King's mouth weren't " Why did you leave, you nincompoop?!". The Thunder executed a happy bow.

" King Vronti! I take it you read my note? I intended to spy on the Ice Clan for the benefit of our own kingdom. Thankfully, I bring no bad news... well, no really bad news." He nodded at Bismuth. " This is Bismuth, a Nhiostrife who was oppressed by Vylainne's reign. There was uh... a bit of a ruckus, and she intended to execute he and I. If it wasn't for his fire-breath, we'd be trophy heads on that dastardly queen's wall! Oh, and this is Flora, of course." He noticed the Spitfire doing a deep courtesy-as well as a dragon could, anyway. " If you don't mind, my King, could Bismuth stay with us? I promise you, he is no servant of Vylainne's. He could benefit the kingdom." Leidan gave Bismuth a joyful look, hoping the Nhiostrife wouldn't mind at least visiting.

Tinselwings

Her slightly "tarnished" right gold wing dragged slightly behind her as she made her way across the burning white sand. Anyone near her could have heard her low growls.... Though, of course, she was grumbling to herself and giving the occasional irritated flick of her tail. Tinselwings looked back at the village to see that, indeed, the black-furred silver was buying supplies, so at least she wasn't lying about that, but geez. Lazybones, you're bigger, so can find the Tsunami and others faster.

Still, the frozen hatchling walked toward the direction of the cave the others were at. She paused, moving closer to the tide so that she can cool her paws down a bit, then "shouted" :

"Hey, Pyro's back and wants you guys to get ready if you guys are going to go with her. She's prepping to go back to her keep down in the other continent wazzitcalled before heading somewhere else or something. I dunno, she's a traveler."

((Sorry it took so long. I was in a place where there weren't any computers I could use, and my Kindle was missing. I'll be able to write regularly until Wednesday, hopefully.))

Where we last left off...

I encountered a pluffra, went home, then had a discussion with Moonglow about the Sunsong Amphiptere.

~ On to the story! ~

He's gotta be dead. *pulls out chess set then sets it up*

*moves pawn* "I just don't get it. What did that Sunsong Amphiptere want with you in the first place?"

*pats Aurora, then moves knight* "I really am not sure. I have never actually hurt a dragon, and I don't know what else it might have wanted."

*walks into room* "I don't know what a sunburned chipmunk would want with you either. In fact, I don't know anything that's been going on for the past five years. And who are you, anyways? Why are you in my house? Has my house been overtaken by dragons?"

"What the--? Carl! You were gone so long, I thought you were long since dead!"

"I asked you a question, and would like an answer. Who are you? How do you know my name?"

"Oh... who are we?... where do I start?"

*continues to play chess while explaining stuff*

Two hours later...

"I find that rather difficult to believe, but sure. I do have some explaining to do myself...

Five years ago, I said I would go to sleep. And I did. I slept regularly, but when I knew everyone was gone, I would sneak out of my room and steal some food. The little one was very nice, by the way. Anyways, so I kept doing this until now, without you ever knowing I was even out."

"Hmm... interesting. And this 'little one'... who do you mean?"

*points tail to Aurora*

"I remember you! You were there on the night where I ate all the chocolate!"

*begins to munch on chocolate*

"Anyways... Carl, we were going to ask you to take care if Aurora while we're gone. We're searching for the Sunsong Amphiptere that started this whole business with me being a dragon."

"Oh. Okay. I misheard you the first time. I thought you had said 'sunburned chipmunk'... what kind of a fool am I?"

"I don't know..."

((Introduction time...

Carl is a dwarf crocodile. He's been a good friend of mine since long before I met Moonglow, when I first started doing sciencey stuff, when I was around fifteen. I had a very small dwarf crocodile and a black-eyed gecko, and after many years I managed to breed the two.

Black-eyed geckos can survive in extremely high altitudes, even when the temperature drops well below zero. Carl carried on the trait, and he has been very fun around winter. I was heartbroken, though, when one day he got in his room and went to sleep, and never came out up until this point.

He also inherited the trait with black eyes, and he also got a bit of the coloration of his father. He looks a bit like the Pokemon, Sandile.

Oh, and he would always eat my food, and I now know that he still does.))

Anyways, so Carl agreed to watch Aurora while we were gone, and then we took off.

*shuts door*

"Do you think he'll do okay?"

"You never actually introduced him to me."

"Oh..."

*explains stuff about Carl the same way I did a bit ago*

"Hmm... I think he'll do just fine. He is quite nice."

"Alright... thanks for making an OK first impression on him."

"Okay then... you're welcome, I guess?"

"I need to remember where the mountain with the pluffra was... I think it was about ten miles northwest of the plain. And the place where I saw the Amphiptere on the way back?... about five miles east of that. Where the dragon took me before this all started... two and a half miles east of the plain, about. I'm able to estimate that because it was going at a steady speed of thirty miles an hour, and I was asleep for four minutes forty-five seconds, no more, no less, and I fell asleep fifteen seconds into the flight. Should we head towards the mountain where it took me?"

((Oh yes, did I mention I'm really good at math? Well, if not, I am.))

"Probably... Perhaps this has happened before? The transformation, the Sunsong Amphiptere?"

"Perhaps..."

Meanwhile...

"Okay... Aurora, was it? So I have to take care of you. And yes, you may have chocolate, but limit yourself to about... I don't know, two ounces? That's an eighth of a pound: that'll be more than enough."

"Okay."

"Y'know, If you actually get to know me, I can be a real fun guy.

And guess what? Your father told you all about me. So prepare!"

"Yay! What are we gonna do?"

"We're gonna play chess. I'll set up the board. Feel free to eat a bit, only a bit, of chocolate in the meantime. Let's settle with fourteen point one seven four seven five six one five five grams. That's exactly half an ounce."

*grabs 1/2-oz bag, opens bag, dumps chocolate inside, then starts nibbling on it*

"Good enough."

Two minutes later...

"Alrighty, then! Time to play! You're white.

Your turn!"

Meanwhile still...

"Is that it right there? With the cave with the purplish glow?

"That's the one."

"Alright." *lands silently*

*lands silently* *whispers* "Okay, so keep your guard up. We don't need anything else weird to happen, such as the exact opposite of what happened to me... that would be somewhat uncomfortable.

Owww... Speaking of uncomfortable, why do I suddenly hurt?"

*thinks about what I just said* "Yes, indeed. That would be uncomfortable, no offense to your former species...

Also, I have no idea why you're feeling pain all of a sudden."

"I don't care a whole lot whether or not you're being offensive to h--

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow...

--to humans." *begins to walk into cave*

"Alright. Let's--"

"--Try to quiet down...

ow ow ow ow ow"

"How about you do so yourself?"

"Do you think I'm not trying?

Whatever. I'll try to not make lots of noise. Now let's both stay silent--hey, I hear something."

"But what? What even happened to him? Aren't you a bit worried?"

"I don't know. What does matter is that the foolish human was taken care of. And of course I'm not worried! He foiled my plans five years ago, and he has finally paid."

"Alright, I've had it with this! Doing horrible things to the human race just because you're mad that you can't harm your own kind thanks to some heroic man... I'm not doing this anymore.

I only did this for you in the first place because I didn't want to get hurt. Now I know that you're not going to hurt me, because you are weak.

I QUIT. Good luck trying to dominate the world or whatever, because I'm the only one who's actually helped you. I'm out o--"

*BANG*

*thump* "Why would you..."

"DO NOT talk to me in that manner! You shall be my slave for as long as I want, and you will RESPECT me. Titan! Block the tunnel!"

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"What I said was no. I feel the exact same way she does about humans: I like them, and enjoy being around them. When you took me away... I wanted to kill you right then and there.

But did I? No. I felt like I could finally trust someone.

I was wrong. In fact, I think I should just take you out right now..."

"Wait! No! Please! What are you d--"

*THUMP*

"Come on. Let's get out of here."

"Yes, finally! My life of slavery is over!"

*turns to Moonglow* "I feel happy for those dragons: they're finally free. I think they're headed this way!"

*STOMP*

*STOMP*

*STOMP*

*STOMP*

*turns head towards me* "Oh, hello. Who are you?"

Alright... New dragons to meet... I enjoy that, unless--hey! That's a Sunsong Amphiptere behind the big one! *pins Sunsong to ground* "Finally, I can get even with you..." *sways tail*

"Get off of her!" *shoves Moonglow*

"Enough!"

*gets off of Moonglow, then sits straight up*

*slowly gets off of the Sunsong, pokes Titan, then sits up* "But..."

*sits up*

"Could you all at least try not to be so hostile? We've all had rough lives, but fighting isn't going to get us anywhere. Now please, without any further fighting or hostility of any sort, apologize to each other."

Wow, being a father has really given me an edge on this sort of stuff.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry?"

"Thank you. Let's introduce ourselves to each other now."

Several hours later, after lots of explaining and things...

Everyone was surprised and amazed, also speechless.

"I saw you when you raided that organization five years back. I felt really bad as I watched your friend fall to the ground... You're very courageous. Sorry, for... well, everything."

Meanwhile, back at the house...

"I'm a bit worried, Uncle Carl."

"Worried? Before, your father has been gone for weeks at a time. I'm sure they'll be fine.

Ready to start our eleventh game of chess?"

"Now is not the time..."

Back to us...

*walks into cave*

Five minutes later...

"Moonglow! Come here! I think I might have found out why I've been hurting so much!" Oh, wait. We're not all stealth-mission anymore; I can stop trying as hard as I possibly can to not say "ow".

"Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow..."

*facepalms* Oh, my. "I'm coming!"

Two minutes later...

"A Cassare dragon... but why would that be the cause of your pain? They nullify magic."

"Exactly. Magic."

"But that means..."

To Be Continued

((Well, that was an excruciatingly large amount of stuff.

Does that make up for the big gap between chapters?))

What to expect next time:

Lots of studying having to do with magic.

See you next time!

(( wacko.gif ))

Larry listened intently. "So...you have yet to choose an heir. I see why you wouldn't, seeing Vlyainne's massive influence. If I could, I would, but I am probably too weak." He chuckled. "Plus, I need to make sure Veronica is alright. No matter how tough she is, I need to make sure she is alright." He sighed. "Sometimes, I wish a fortune teller would come to me and tell me how SHE fealt..." He more mumbled that last part, diving his chin more into his hands.

((Just lightly bumping it forward

Haha, I WILL BE KING!!

Oh yes, Larry, you will))