Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

((Erm, aren't you using too much mana...? To cast so many teleports in so few a time, and then now...))

((She hoards mana, she has years worth. She may not cast another spell for a year now, she gets quite inpatient. And mouse, I never clamed a gender for your little one, I was speaking of Terra. Terra is very killable, she sucks at dealing with groups))

((She hoards mana, she has years worth. She may not cast another spell for a year now, she gets quite inpatient. And mouse, I never clamed a gender for your little one, I was speaking of Terra. Terra is very killable, she sucks at dealing with groups))

((Oh

You italicized 'she' so I thought you were saying 'she lies' as in Soren lies))

((Oh

You italicized 'she' so I thought you were saying 'she lies' as in Soren lies))

((I did?

By the way Alex, ill be in my cave <3))

Little one, she lies. Your egg was abandoned. Jemek found you and tried to eat you, I am your mother now as she spoke, her eyes glowed red. The hatchling that left, would be in for a shocking surprise. She smirked as she created a ball of electricity, and set it to chase the intruding dragon. She turned back to her hatchling Come here little one, let me groom you As she spoke, she wove a charm into her words, binding the hatching loosely to her. Over time, it would become stronger and the dragon would be completely enthralled. She quivered briefly as one of her gems went dull, but the dark dragon worried not. She had plenty more to spare.

((Mouse, just run the ball into a few things, it will die out. Terra is evil aligned and will corrupt the pygmy.))

---(Nereis)---

"Y-Yes... Mother..." Nereis said. "But... Jemek doesn't seem like a bad dragon... I don't think... Uhh... No, mother, you're right. He would try to eat me. He eats everything, even stupid rocks." The binding spell already made Nereis share some of Terra's opinions of Jemek, especially her dislike for Jemek's taste for stones. "I can't believe I actually ate a pebble. How could I be so stupid?" Recalling Terra's request to groom him, Nereis obediently walked over to her.

---(Jemek)---

"What? But he... I... Terra, what did you do to him?"

Little one, she lies. Your egg was abandoned. Jemek found you and tried to eat you, I am your mother now

((I thoughr you meant Soren))

((I thoughr you meant Soren))

((I think Terra's saying, "Little one, she lies. Your egg was abandoned..." All out loud.))

((I think Terra's saying, "Little one, she lies. Your egg was abandoned..." All out loud.))

((That's what I said

But Dragoness says that she meant 'Little one,' she lies, 'Your egg was abandoned.'

I think. ))

((That's what I said

But Dragoness says that she meant 'Little one,' she lies, 'Your egg was abandoned.'

I think. ))

((I'm assuming that is the case.))

Terra winced lightly. Too strong, too soon. She gently groomed the hatching, lightening the spell a tad. Too strong can break a young mind, and she kinda liked the little thing. I did nothing but mature him a little bit he may be confused. She paused, looking at the grown baby. You need a name... do you like Nereis? She grinned, the little ones scales glittered darkly.

Terra winced lightly. Too strong, too soon. She gently groomed the hatching, lightening the spell a tad. Too strong can break a young mind, and she kinda liked the little thing. I did nothing but mature him a little bit he may be confused. She paused, looking at the grown baby. You need a name... do you like Nereis? She grinned, the little ones scales glittered darkly.

---(Nereis)---

"Yes, mother, that sounds nice." Nereis obediently allowed his 'mother' to groom him.

((What? He's just left the forest, by the coast on the main island... Is that not where she is?))

((Well, I was thinking that you were in the little patch of forest that was more to the right on the map. If you were in the even smaller patch surrounded by coast to the right, okay.))

Dmia

The albino looked over Hello, may I help you. Before the others could speak, Cicero stepped forward. "Yes, you may. My friend here, Damia, has a hatching with a skin condition, much like yours. However the poor thing has no oil, so she acquires an awful burn. We where wondering if you could allow us to purchase some extra oil from you?" The black dragon oozed charm as best as he could. Damia gave him a puzzled look, nut awaited for a response.

Terra

She smiled, and finished polishing the hatchling. We do not have to work today She had to bide her time, the hatchling must think that fighting and taking things is natural before he could be used. All dragons have a hoard, let us find something you would like She dove into their cave, altering the spell so the pigmy would be safe.

((Well, I was thinking that you were in the little patch of forest that was more to the right on the map. If you were in the even smaller patch surrounded by coast to the right, okay.))

((Oh shoot I just realized how long I haven't seen the DC map

Yeah, that's what I meant))

Sonya watched as the Black did his best to persuade the Albino, seeing as he really tried his best to be appealing. 'He really is determined to get this done.' She thought silently to herself. The Undine dragoness hoped that the Albino didn't mind their request, after all it was for a much needed cause.

Terra

She smiled, and finished polishing the hatchling. We do not have to work today She had to bide her time, the hatchling must think that fighting and taking things is natural before he could be used. All dragons have a hoard, let us find something you would like She dove into their cave, altering the spell so the pigmy would be safe.

---(Nereis)---

"A hoard? Sounds fun." Nereis followed after Terra.

((o: if Kiyan dies, who could become an undead Spessartine! That would be neat.))

Vylainne

The Ice Queen was ignoring everything around her, focusing on the challenger.

" I would like to see you try to defeat me, you dolt! I may not be able to use mana, but I'm still wearing my claws!" She took note that Addar had taken her armor off, but it was no use removing the claws-they had melted and hardened on her actual claws, so they were permanent for now. Besides, she would much rather have metal claws forever then rip her own nails out trying to get the metal off.

Mm... Vylainne Metal Claw. That was a nice title. Had a pleasant ring to it.

" If you're so confident you can challenge my title as Queen, why don't you try it?" She taunted. " I would love to rip open that pelt of an orange peel you call scales."

Blade

We had arrived back to the quarters. Dragons were mulling about in a grim silence as their comrades were tended to, due to the very injuries I caused. I had barely taken five steps when Commander Blottail suddenly arrived and pulled me to the side.

" I don't like this..." He grumbled. " But Her Highness is impressed already. She wants to train you herself."

" Huh?" I wondered. " But-"

" Queen's orders!" He barked. " Blood Echo will stay here, but your quarters will be near the Queen's. That way she can interrogate you all she wants. I would say 'pack your things', but you haven't accumulated anything yet."

" Wait, did she say why? I mean, why am I a point of interest all of a sudden?" I snapped, trying to push my craving for mana shards out of my mind. My commander looked pointedly at Blood Echo, who was attempting to play with some Frostbites who were backing away nervously.

" She sees another opportunity to do it right this time." He said.

" Huh?" I repeated, but he was already shoving me out the door.

" Just don't make her mad!" He snapped.

" But what am I-"

SLAM!

I started forlornly at the closed doors, before glancing down the hall.

Well, now what?

"And what queen would not have claws that are majestic and strong enough to take down enemies without metal help?" He taunted, trying to infuriate the queen. "Oh wait, you are too pitiful to defeat even a Cassare without help. And worst part is; I am half Magi, so I have capabilities that go farther then you think." He stepped up. "I am not challenging you for your throne. I have come here to rescue my friend here. And it seems I have more to rescue." He turned his head to Veronica, who was eating the chocolate Alex gave to her.

"Nfmrnrjfhdkenehe?" She tried to ask with her mouth full.

"Veronica, didn't your manners carry from human? Please." Larry asked politley, rubbing his tail with hers.

C had stolen chocolate from the Nilla pygmies and ate it like popcorn, eager for a show.

"Alex, I am scared." Luswold weakly got out while hiding behind his legs.

Damia

The Albino looked at the large, scarred black. For a hatchling? Of course, what do I need to do? The dragon felt sorry for the poor thing, he had rubbed his oil off accidently before, there was no pain like it.

Terra

They walked into the main cave. Terra had reshaped it over the years, rounding it out and polishing the crystals in the walls. Most of them had been charged somehow, and they glowed, artfully illuminating the veils of gold, silver, and other metals in the walls. First, she went into the brutes separate cave on the left. It was large, and gold nuggets and coins littered the floor, some of them pressed into the floor by Jemeks weight. In a corner, there was a large pile od gold and precious gems. Rubies and emeralds bigger than a mans fist, diamonds that glittered, and pearls that shone like the moon where a few of the items. There where rings, necklaces, even small pieces of dragon armor just to name a few things in the hoard. See anything here you like? And the next caves I will show you are storage, and our bathing room.

((I love caves, and just describing them as I see fit. So much fun))

Damia

The Albino looked at the large, scarred black. For a hatchling? Of course, what do I need to do? The dragon felt sorry for the poor thing, he had rubbed his oil off accidently before, there was no pain like it.

Terra

They walked into the main cave. Terra had reshaped it over the years, rounding it out and polishing the crystals in the walls. Most of them had been charged somehow, and they glowed, artfully illuminating the veils of gold, silver, and other metals in the walls. First, she went into the brutes separate cave on the left. It was large, and gold nuggets and coins littered the floor, some of them pressed into the floor by Jemeks weight. In a corner, there was a large pile od gold and precious gems. Rubies and emeralds bigger than a mans fist, diamonds that glittered, and pearls that shone like the moon where a few of the items. There where rings, necklaces, even small pieces of dragon armor just to name a few things in the hoard. See anything here you like? And the next caves I will show you are storage, and our bathing room.

((I love caves, and just describing them as I see fit. So much fun))

---(Nereis)---

"Hmm... Well... Let me think for a moment..." The Dark Myst Pygmy sat still for a bit, thinking about what he would want. "Well, I did like the gold stuff, those were very pretty, and the gems were pretty, too. I would like a couple of rings and necklaces, though, something about them is just really appealing."

((Edit: Forgetful Alex is forgetful.))

---(Alex)---

"Luswold, how about you go hide in the kitchen or something? I'll stay here with Veronica. Err, and Larry, I guess."

Edited by Alexander_Drake

Galzra

Well, this is interesting thought the Almandine as she watched the scene. This idiot actually has friends that want to 'save' him from the queen, eh? As much as she didn't like him for his attitude to Vylainne, Galzra was actually interested in what was going on. He either was under some sort of spell or was just plain stupid, in her opinion. It seemed that at least his fellows had their head screwed in. The Pyralspite thought what she could do about this whole situation. The fight was about to begin, that's for sure, but should she help anyone? It wasn't her concern at all, yet she hated Vylainne. She frowned as her thoughts began to delve even deeper in her own mind. She had a strange urge to help them, probably because of the hate towards the queen - she liked the Cassare who claimed to be a half-magi. Screw it. Let's just see what happens. Galzra laid down and began to wait for situation development.

Vylainne

" Oh really?" She sneered. " And yet your friends require your help to get out? I doubt you're much better than them! Simpletons who can't think for themselves! They need to have their paws held while they blunder about blindly in the dark." She hadn't made the connection yet that Alex was among these "friends" through her rage, and instead tossed a command at him over her shoulder.

" Alex! Go to my chambers. Fetch me the amulet with the orange eye inserted into it." Vylainne turned back to the Cassare. " You get to leave only because you are a contradictory mix, you mutt." She snapped. " Take these trespassers-your friends-away. Leave the Clan's territory. I've had enough of impure dragons for the week." She looked about the room at the trespassers, and spotted Galzra. " You should have left a while ago." She huffed, at the same time resisting the urge to scratch at the stitches Addar had given her.

" Well, what are you waiting for? Go! Leave me to clean up this mess." She stared disdainfully at her once-again-trashed dining hall.

((BEHOLD, my super long Blade post! This is what happens when I go solo. xd.png If you don't have time to read it all, she just goes and finds a mana store, eats about half of it(including all of the Death and Dark mana), gets even more insane, gives her conscious a name, and starts seeing souls(as in seeing colors in creature's eyes that represent their personality traits. If you guys want, I can put a stand-alone section in the Character chart that shows what each color means. The limit of this ability is that she can see the traits, but she can't do anything about them-it's similar to Alex's emotion-spotting ability.)))

Blade

My claws-of which I was still wearing the metal extensions-clicked on the ice floor as I exited the part of the palace that held the barracks. I asked a passing Nilia Pymgy, who seemed rather confused, about any mana hoards that are in the palace. He simply gestured down a corridor and left me to travel there.

As you might have guessed, I was more interested in gorging myself on the concentrated power, then to go meet the Queen.

As I proceeded down the corridor, with the morning light streaming down through the thin windows of ice, I heard echoes. It sounded like shouting. Probably just the queen getting after her servants again. I thought simply, taking a turn like the Pygmy said to do. I pushed through the doors.

A barrage of smells hit me. But it wasn't like a kitchen, or the forge. No, these smells were the smells of mana shards; tons of them, all organized on the right side and far end of the room. Ice mana was growing from the walls, making the room freezing cold, which probably explains why I couldn't really smell the other articles in the room-meat and vegetables, but mostly meat. Perishables.

I was in the refrigerator. I know, hah hah, in an Ice Palace, a refrigerator? But that's what it was.

I let the door close behind me, and pushed my way past the hanging meat to the shards. Oh, air mana! And lightning! And ice, tons and tons of ice. And a couple of other shards I didn't recognize. I picked up a dark, syrupy-colored one in my jaws, and crunched down on it.

Mm, it was sweet. Sticky sweet. It had sort of a tang, too, but after a while it faded into the background. I gobbled the rest of the pieces up, and munched on some more.

One piece of mana was fiery and spicy, making my tongue and nostrils burn. Another piece of mana made me so hyper, I felt like I could plow straight through seven walls, and still have the energy to power-flap to a mountain. Another piece of mana made me calm and sleepy. Another piece, and I had a strong taste of mint in my mouth. But nothing, nothing, beat that addictive syrup-mana.

I literally ate the whole reserve of it.

" What is this?!" I said aloud, tossing another piece of it into my mouth. " It's so tangy, and yet so sweet! Wait, what is that?" I spotted a dark-almost black-shard pile, hidden in the corner. More? I wondered, digging into it with a paw. I tentatively picked one up and snipped the tip of it.

Nothing. Then, an explosion of flavor! But it wasn't a describable flavor. It was a sort of haunting flavor, like it was strong enough that you noticed it, but not strong enough for you to define it. Ghostly, almost. I ate the rest of the shard, chewing it thoughtfully. Sweet? No, definitely tangy. No, it was spicy, not tangy. Was that a hint of savory, or a hint of tart?

Ad I crunched on the shards, one at a time as though they were a snack food, I started getting dark thoughts in my head.

You know what a soul looks like? My conscious asked me.

" No." I said to it.

Why don't you go find out? One missing Frostbite won't make a difference.

" Is that wise? what if I'm caught?"

You won't get caught. Believe me. As long as you stay quiet, you won't get caught.

I tossed the last of the black mana shards into my mouth and exited the refrigerator, full from all of the mana I had consumed. Though, interestingly, they seemed to metabolize a lot faster than actual food. I could feel insane amounts of energy pulsing through me, as my belly literally lightened real-time. I plodded around the palace, looking for any dragons-no, any souls-wandering about. I eventually came across two Frostbite guards, stomping down the halls and grumbling something to each other in agreeing tones.

I didn't stop them, but they stopped me. Their normally yellow eyes were a swirl of colors! The first guards was pink and brown, with a hint of yellow. His comrade was also mostly brown, but instead of pink he had broad streaks of light grey and magenta.

The two guards pushed past me without a thought or care into the world. I thought I was seeing things.

I picked up the pace, searching for something that could give me answers. I peeked my way into rooms, startling several of their inhabitants.

I barged into a particular room, spotting a slab of ice erect in a corner, with a mirror-like finish on it.

" EEK! Bluefang, someone's coming in!"

" HEY! Get out of here!" A male Frostbite charged me as I headed for the mirror. I snarled and sank my fangs into his throat without hesitation. His female partner stifled a scream and bolted, as I dropped the body.

Oh look, a soul. My conscious spoke up again. It's like it had a mind of its own. I stared at the body, examining it, and noticed a brightly glowing orb coming out of the corpse. It had swirling colors in it, like I saw in the guards' eyes. Was that the soul?

Yes. My conscious spoke again. Too bad you don't have the power to control them.

Oh really? I argued. Well why- I turned to the mirror, and stopped.

My eyes were colorful too! Mostly orange, with hints of light blue and pink. But over those bright colors, was a thick veil of black and red. Lots of it. Only when the veil parted for a second or two could I see the underlying colors.

What's happening?! Why are my eyes colorful too? I thought. Almost right away, I answered myself: It's your soul, Blade. It's your soul. And we want it to be black and red.

I never asked myself why I wanted it black and red, or who the "we" was.

I faced the orb again, and pawed at it. Like mist, it simply parted as my claws went through it, but once given the chance it reformed itself. It was like incense, or dry ice, in the shape of an orb.

Can I do anything with it? I wondered.

Not now. My conscience answered. But maybe someday, you could...

You need a name.

Like what?

Like... like Whisper.

Yes... I like Whisper. I am Whisper.

" I am Whisper." I repeated aloud, sounding like an idiot to anyone who might be listening in. I suddenly burst out laughing.

" The colors! I want to see more colors! I want to learn about them!"

Then follow me, Blade. Whisper said. I felt a tugging sensation, leading out of the room. And I followed it.

Edited by skwerl56767

((Oh censorkip.gif , Blade, no wait, Whisper, is becoming ever more awesome. All of my yes. She's having a way weirder reaction to so much mana, though she at least has a varied diet, unlike Deki.))

---(Alex)---

"Yes, my queen." I turned to head to Vylainne's room, and closed my eyes with a sigh, taking in the varied colors of emotions from all the Ices and Frosbites and Nilia pygmies, and any other species present in the palace. They were pretty.

As I neared Vylainne's room, my belly rumbled with hunger. "I should hurry," I said, looking around Vylainne's room for the object she had described.

I eventually found it sitting on a shelf, so I picked it up and started taking it back to Vylainne.

((Does Whisper want to say hi to the Moonstone? Maybe Alex's tail orb will attract her.))