Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

((What's with the alot.png?))

I rolled my eyes. "That's not magical prowess, that's just tolerance for sillies," I reminded him, petting his head gently. He was sweet, and it was pretty obvious he liked me. "I need more magical strength to cast it. Or a censorkip.gif ton of mana shards, and Deki won't like me stealing all his food." Then I turned to Pyro, who had gotten up and had decided to make food. "Yeah, whatever. We should go to a town soon. We need more supplies." Deki was fine with mana shards, which were abundant in he region we were in, and the Fever Wyvern was fine with foraged plants. Deki had been trying to convince the other human, Nekonny, to eat mana shards, but that was a Deki thing. The poor boy wouldn't take it. I'm a vegetarian again, although eating meat as a Golden Wyvern wasn't the worst experience.

Edited by MyaMouse

Terra

The dark dragoness sighed in relief as the Marrow came back into sight. At first it was just convenience, but now... she could no longer deny she was overly attached to the deadly beast. His power was enchaining, more attractive to her than his appearance. Not that he was a slouch, Caulxir was a handsome creature. His horns powerful and defined, his wings oh so perfectly shaped.. And his raw power. Jemek was a brute of a dragon, but no match for the Marrows deadly beauty.

Terra rubbed her cheek on his, he was always so thoughtful about her body's frailty. Privately to the majestic male Thank you, I think I almost have my half of the spell down, I can't waite to try some of these others... Her gems shown brighter than ever, yet her smooth scales seemed even darker. They had found an old nercomancer, who they eventually overpowered, taking his spell book. It had some powerful things, but the most interesting was a theory that if the correct gas and raising spell where woven together by two mages, it could spread and reanimate a wide area. She had been studying, working on the gas spells as she had never used a spell of the sort. The dragoness leapt into the air, gliding down to the cave entrance.

Damia Co

Damia stepped out, and saw nothing awry. about that time, what appeared to ne a Spitfire dragon skidded to a stop in front of her. Its form waivered, as though it was a mirage. Momma hurry, there's a town, humans are being killed and.. The flustered dragonesses illusion dropped, leaving behind a young, full grown female vampire. The black blob by the door moved, and yawned "Little one it is not our.." Yes it is Cicero, I was human once! We go help! the shimmering dragoness cut the battle scared black off. He huffed at her, but didn't argue.

Edited by Dragonessdown

((Pyro just explained why they were using Chinese...))

Blade

It was a short flight to Ironfrost Keep. I often visited it, interested in the various torture devices that were strewn about. After noticing my interest, Vylainne decided that I should help "reduce the prisoner population" there, as she put it. Yup, I got to play Executioner at the keep. But it was only a tenth as much fun as it would be, had actual fighting been allowed. Noooo, you have to go killing in cold blood! What's the fun in that?

I zoned in toward a cluster of peaks and ridges, searching for a deep, flat-bottomed cirque. The first thing you always see is the path; a long wall of rock, with jutting edges to discourage climbers, winding in between peaks and through open caverns. The steep path then terminates into the cirque, with the keep nestled inside of it with the ridges and peaks surrounding it in a natural wall. The keep itself was a massive citadel, every window denoting one of its cells. And I knew as it came into sight that there was more beneath than above. The Keep above ground was almost literally the tip of the iceberg.

I landed on the icy snake of a path, just outside Ironfrost's gates, and plodded up to the Ice Guard; Vylainne didn't trust Forstbites out here. He recognized me instantly.

" O-Oh, hi." He said, quivering and attempting a more calm tone. All he did was sound as shaky as he was. " So, uh... um yeah, so you are... yeah, how's it going? I mean, no, that's not right...."

I just gave him a cold, hard stare, before pushing my way past into the Keep. He didn't stop me of course. I proceeded to the cell rooms, ignoring the reactions of the guards around me, instead keenly interested in the weapons hanging on the walls.

Fifth floor... that should be about right. I entered the room.

" It happens to-" A timid, feminine voice was instantly cut off as I entered. I scanned my surroundings.

Only Revera and the Spessartine Kiyan are here. Whisper pointed out. The Guardians of Nature are not. And who's that? Why is she familiar? Why is she a Frostbite? I turned to the guard. She was slumped over, acting guilty.

" Who hired you?" I asked privately. She jumped.

" Y-You're a girl!" She gasped. I lunged, sinking my teeth down on her neck and squeezing. Even through the armor, she felt the pressure and squirmed.

" Who hired you?" I asked again, more threateningly.

" The commander here did! The commander!"

I let her go. " Leave this place." I ordered, still privately. She promptly left. I went over and unlocked Revera and Kiyan's cells. In public telepathy, I said: " Follow me.", then left the room.

Should we kill them all at once? I asked Whisper.

No. It said. Too risky. Guardians of Nature aren't called such for nothing; what if they manage to escape? No, the other two prisoners must be done separately.

I hope they at least put up a fight. I thought.

They never will. She pointed out. A surprisingly few prisoners actually fight back; most just accept their fate.

Fate. I snorted. Coincidence. Ill-conceived notions. Everything happens for a reason. Even the darkening of my soul.

Maybe. Whisper didn't say anything else, so I fell silent. Everything does happen for a reason, right?

The city was falling into chaos.

Most times, if dragons dared try to attack Cudahsai, then the mages and guards could fend them off with ease. But the attack was so large, with such a high scale of damage, and such little warning, that the scaled beasts had the upperhand the second that beam hit the center. The mages did their best to keep them back, but not many fell before they reached the falling walls. When they got there, a Plated Colossus had smacked the wall down with ease, allowing the other dragons into the city. The folk there had no idea the attack could, or would be this bad. The mages kept their fire, but most of the magic fizzled in the field of the Cassares, which were normally so isolated that they were never spotted.

Fires raged, structures fell, and the great death pit was being shut down, walls being torn down and enslaved dragons being freed, joining the fray. The mages were rushing around, doing their best.

There were some peculiar sights to behold as well. One was a Magma carrying eggs with her as she fought. Another was a Pillow, who raged with insanity.

The most interesting and frighting sight was the masked wyvern, who's golden scales were splatted with blood. The dragon raged, spewing smallish beams on the city. Thank god not too often, but the attack as a whole was devastating. An older, more middle aged man looked at the beams with terror. Richard went up to the poor man. "What's the matter?" He asked, trying to rush along.

"Those beams. Beams just like them hit the city many years ago, when I was just a young'n. We dumped a bunch of Cassares into the pit, and a visitor went nuts. His eyes growed pitch black, he fired away, and the dragon he was travelling with had kept him from knockin down the whole castle. It fell a tower, but not much else." He shivered as he spoke. "Those beams look exactly like what that man released so long ago....that cannot be him, that's a dragon"

Richard looked befuddled. "Come on, we need to defend."

~~~~~

Ruby rushed down the hallways when he heard a distant singing. SAPPHIRE!! He yelled as he ran by, other servants afraid of what could happen to the Gemshard if he was caught. Especially by Jasper, the tyrant of the hallways.

He rushed up to a door and pressed his ear against it, listening...he heard it. Sapphire. His heart enlightened and skipped a beat, then brainstormed a way to unlock the door.

He found a guard nearby, sleeping on his shift. There was a key on him, and the Gemshard took it and shoved it into the keyhole. It worked! He swung the door open and panted. Inside was his mate, the blue Gemshard.

Sapphire! He exclaimed, running to her.

The soon to be mother could not belive her eyes. Ruby!

Ruby ran up to her and they interlocked their forked tails.

Are you okay? Did they hurt you? He asked.

No, did they hurt you?

Who CARES?! Tears welled up in his eyes.

I do! She licked his snout, and they intertwined necks, cuddling together. Ruby rubbed the bulge, giddy at the thought of being a father.

~~~~~~~

((HARLEY, IF IT IS SO OBVIOUS, WHY WONT YOU POINT IT OUT AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ALREADY?! IF IT IS OBVIOUS TULVIR DOES NOT HAVE THE BALLS TO CONFESS, THEN DO SOMETHING YOURSELF!))

He groaned quietley when Harley pet his head, his ears flattening against his head. Tulvir sighed, about to say something else when a new conversation started, ending theirs. "Sure. Why not." He mumbled, getting up and getting his scythe out. "If Deki complains about not being able to get fat, he can suck my censorkip.gif ." He commented. He did not care if the Magi was hungry or not. He ate to satisfy his taste buds, not his actual hunger. How COULD fat dragons survive anyway? They are not in any shape to survive.

~~~~~

Revera sighed. I know something you can do. Not be a whiny little censorkip.gif wimp and stop COMPLANING!

~~~~

"Well like I can belive that. Sorry Alex, but you have a soft spot for fat dragons. From what I have observed, the more their stomach can jiggle, the better. At least from you." She said, annoyed at his comment. "Not my fault my growth was sped up."

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

((Because teasing is fuuun.

But seriously she's been friends with him for like five years and that's long enough time to know one of your two best friends has an unrequited crush on you and she thinks it's funny to see his reactions to her few acts of affection

She really only loves him platonically

He really needs to step up his game))

I punched Tulvir lightly in the arm. "No being mean, jerk," I replied and stood up, slinging my bag back over my shoulder and turning to Deki. He was fine now, unlike his wasted state a few months ago. He didn't take long to recover; he only needed a few mana shards to replenish his energy. He wasn't as heavy as before since I've been making him walk more and no one else wanted to carry him. I squatted down and poked him. "Dek, wake up," I said.

((Sooo is it safe to say that Cudhasai is close to their location?))

((I wasn't sure how to put it in words for you, so I just drew it. tongue.gif I don't know the precise locations of anyone else. Huh, the Alpine regions is a lot narrower than I remember...

I was going to post, but I don't know if zamboza is going to have Kiyan respond, so I'll just wait.))

((Sorreh for the delay, things were happening and I forgot to write a post :I))

((Actually wanted to wait with Caulxir until Alex posts, but well...))

Caulxir

The Black Marrow smiled as he heard that Terra has learned so much of the necromancy spells they had found some time ago; his joy could be compared to a time when one earns the main prize at the local fair, except in this situation it would prove far more useful than some stupid competition reward. "That's great to hear, sweetheart" He replied to the dark Desipis as he went with her to the cave.

Before he entered the cave He re-cast a Shadow spell over his army to make sure that the sunlight wouldn't burn them - if he wanted to take over the world, he couldn't afford any losses! Nevertheless, everything seemed to be find and he could go after Terra into the cavern. "Well, what do you want to train first?..." Caulxir asked while rubbing his cheek on Terra's.

Kiyan

Kiyan curled as the Hellfire yelled at him, yet he knew she's right. However, he didn't have any power inside him to either respond or say anything to anyone. Suddenly, he could hear a voice he swore he had already heard before. The spessartine raised his head and recognized the the voice of guardian dragon that had been with them few months ago in the cell, even before they tried to run away from their previous cell, yet there was something odd about her - she wore a black and red armor completely covering her and some kind of weird aura was unfolding around her. She dismissed the guard that was watching over them and commanded Kiyan and Revera to follow her. " B-Blade? A-are you here to save us? The pyralspite foolishly asked the dragoness with a slight hope in his voice. He was weak from all those days spent in there and he was moving very slowly. If only I had something to it...

Blade

So Kiyan recognizes you. Whisper said. My tail twitched. No point in making small talk with the prisoners.

As we walked over to the open-air executioner's pit, I began to wonder just how much I cared about these dragons. Would it really be worth it to waste their lives? Vylainne wouldn't approve, but what would I care? I'm her death machine, and evil always backfires on itself; she would have to play it safe, no matter what I do. I could just let them go and laugh at the Queen's ignorance.

You could. Whisper said vaguely.

But then would that be worth it?

It would be fun to see the look on her face. And we both know just how fuuuuun cold-blooded killing is.

I huffed. It's only fun if you get some fighting out of it, but it's not like I could just turn them loose either. Hm, I could fight them? Make it look like a life-or-death situation, and let them go no matter what. I could make it look like they struggled and won.

Hm, nah, I'm not one to deceive. Being blunt is better than lying or cloaking the truth.

What could Vylainne do? Whisper echoed my thoughts. I smiled, though it probably wasn't visible past my heavy armor.

" Wait here." I ordered the prisoners, pausing in a hallway. I then went to retrieve the two Guardians of Nature, Skaol and Hewey, and just as silently I brought the two groups together. Giving yet another command to keep following me, I changed course toward the main gates

I figured they were going to start questioning me, but I was starting to enjoy my "mutism". Besides, Whisper kept me entertained enough.

((Dialog interval. tongue.gif))

Tulvir's ears pressed against his head when she lightly punched him. "Might as well." He grumbled. If he said something else, no good would come out of it, so might as well stay quiet for now.

~~~~~

Revera snorted. Yeah. Coming to save us. Hah. Sure LOOKS like it. She sarcastically commented, seeing the dragon walk off. Whatever they will do to us, it will not be very great. So might as well stop whining and accept whatever comes to us.

~~~~

Skaol and Hewey looked up when the Guardian ushered them out. Me thinks we are going to get beat Hewey moaned, his fat almost none existant. It grumbled, missing being big and hanging.

Yeah, no kidding. Looks like...this might be my end... The normally lou d GoN had mumbled, looking at his feet. He missed home. Despite the ruined looks of it, it was where he was born. He was taken by that worm, and he didn't even get the respect of dying there. He was not SUPPOSED to die, he was a Guardian of Nature! But, he had to accept this. No more struggles, no more screeching. He was done for

So, how will we be executed, guardian? He asked, sure that he was going to die

~~~~

Oh, that servant WILL pay for leaving his shift! The commander had recentley discovered that the pesky red Gemshard had ran from his work. Probably to see his worm of a mate. She looked for that door, and when she found it, she saw the guard sleeping. She raised her tail club and gave the guard a nice whack in the gut. WAKE UP, YOU HALFWIT!! You have a freaking JOB to do! That pesky Gemshard got in without permission!! She scolded, scaring the funyuns out of the guard. She then stomped into the cell to see the two cuddling. Ugh, love.

I have to explain, I needed to see her... He weakly said, only infuriating the Plated Colossus even more.

NO EXCUSES!! I gave no permission, and you disobeyed!! No meal for you tonight! And if you retaliate, your mate her will not get any either! She roared, and that got the Gemshard to not fight back. He was limply dragged out, watching Sapphire. She watched him get dragged off with pained eyes.

Please, stay safe. She said faintly, tears in her eyes.

Don't worry about me, I will be fine. Keep safe. He assured her as he was taken, and once the door was closed, Jasper threw him repeatedly against the wall for other servants to see.

Making an example of a disobedient servant! This should teach you to behave. She said, then stomped off, leaving Ruby to lay there.

~~~

Sapphire wept as she watched him get dragged. She wished for only the best, she wanted her children to know and see their father. And not in this terrible place. My children and my mate deserve better then this. She softly said to herself. Or her eggs.

Suddendly, she fealt something. A feeling she never fealt before.

The eggs were coming

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

---(Irupi)---

"You may have been human before... But not anymore. If you must have something done about it, let Cicero handle it. He's the expert fighter." Irupi ate some of the chocolate he had on him, getting some on his muzzle. "Whoops," he said, licking it off.

Damia

The shimmering dragoness turned around, glaring at the daydream A life is a LIFE, what dose it matter how they where born?

Terra

Well I have an idea... The darkdragoness wrapped her tail around his briefly, giggling. I think this one, the one that increases to power of anything you raise.. She flipped to a page in the book, it was quite complex but created simi intelligent zombies.

---(Irupi)---

"I just said, let Cicero handle it. I don't want to see you get hurt."

---(Nereis)---

The little dragon was perched upon Terra's head still, cleverly camouflaged into her black scales. "Let me see, mother!"

((So it seems zamboza has nothing to say. So little to work off of...))

Blade

We finally found ourselves going outside of the main gates. I continued a little ways and out of sight and earshot of the guards.

" So, how will we be executed, guardian?" It was Skaol. I turned to look at him.

" Would you like to be executed?" I asked dryly. " I can provide that. Then again, it would be more amusing to watch the Ice Queen panic due to the lack of dead prisoners." I tossed my head out toward the series of peaks in front of us. " Out you go. Don't waste my time here." I grumpily made off toward the Keep.

You know, you could join them. Whisper suggested.

And go where? I almost snapped. It didn't answer, submerging me into suspicion. I started examining the map in my head.

Go where?? Did Whisper know something I didn't? How could it? It's in my head! Then again, I wasn't even sure what it was; only that it was surprisingly helpful.

Maybe there was someplace I could go...

I shrugged, and spread my wings for flight. Vylainne probably wanted to give me something else to do. Goody. She turned me into a fighting machine, and I've hardly fought anything but rock-stuffed dummies! What a waste. Where was the war when you wanted it?

Edited by skwerl56767

Basii

Basii looked over the headline he got from that helpful girl Shemei. Shame that news from Galsium usually got here a month or so late, especially... Basii put the unremarkable brown paper down onto the chunk of green jade he used as a table and picked up the jewel that Pyro had told him to get. it was surprisingly well obscured, below her bed, with a gullotine standing sentinel if the trapdoor was unlocked erroneously. Even then, the key to open the steel and Cassare-scale-covered box was held in a jar at the rear of the cave the falconiforms lived in. That cave was massive and was carved into the side of a volcano, which also meant that there was lava everywhere in that glassy cave, but the location of the jar was at a tactical spot covered partially by the rock. After that, the key was to be disassembled and rearranged to fit the rim of the smooth indention. Penultimately, an odd “开” symbol needed to be traced out on the indention, and finally the box must sit for at least seven seconds before it could be opened safely. Good Holy Bahamut, and all this for a jewel. Basii looked at the scintillating jewel. Sure, the salmon/white/teal jewel was quite a wonder, since though it was obviously uncut, it still seemed to give off a flickering light, but all that effort into protecting this jewel was simply absurd. Basii studied it, then cautiously tested it again to see how much power it held. Again, he got a sense of recovering power, so still not too much. Basii looked at the newspaper again, saying that an army of dragons were on the march, and an army of undead were seen.

"Anything of note?"

Basii looked up to see an old green. She looked at him with an air of calmness and red eyes of major annoyance, wings folded at her sides and neck as tall as usual. His eyes flicked at her tail, which was thankfully still, before meeting her gaze. "Announcement of the advances of the armies have been brought to us, wise Sherry."

Sherry only blinked, but Basii saw alarm and panic pass on her face before her eyes narrowed in thought. "Fascinating. We leave at eight-hundred forty-five. With the delay, it would be startling if the armies had not attacked by now." Pause. "Armies?"

Basii had wondered if she noticed. "Yes, old wise one. Nothing completely confirmed, but three dragons were seen from the distance with another army, composed of what seems to be dead dragons." Hmm, he forgot to fancy his language.

Sherry ruffled her wings slightly with that same look of concentration in her eyes, then left the cave wordlessly. Basii wrapped his tail around his staff, and put the jewel into a small bag with a strap that goes around his neck. He looked out at the position of the sun, then grabbed and flipped through a spellbook and cast a spell to ensure that if the bag gets lost, he will know about it. Pyro had been terrifyingly vehement about bringing the jewel back if any problems occurred.

Sherry was waiting impatiently for him at the Stairs, where a certain Ridgewing was trying to keep herself from fussing over Sherry, with the latter twitching her tail occasionally and giving off a tremor that scared a few passing organisms. As soon as she caught sight of him, she leapt into the air. Basii rose from a running jump too, but not without glancing down at the grounds of Pyro's keep. Dragons milled about, mostly all in peace. Holy Dragon Bahamut, keep this land from being dragged into the ravages of war.

Life. Survival. Raising. War.

The last few months have been tough, to say the least. My first few days were a struggle, a confusion. Slowly, I'm getting used to it, and Rarer has grown. His eyes continue to grow stronger, and he can now speak basic language reasonably. This is progress. However, events have been occurring that have made things even more difficult. There's been a war. It's still occurring.

I've tried to stay out of it as much as possible, but situations make it difficult. I've been occasionally attacked and barely escaped with my life. It's been more difficult to find food. Things have overall been harsh, and I'm lucky.

I sit down, finding what seems to be a safe place. I carefully place Rarer on the ground. You know, Daydream Dragons aren't known for strength, so I can't carry him forever. Thankfully, he can walk now, but I still have to carry him in sticky situations where speed is involved. Sighing, I observe the surrounding area more carefully.

((Username, the war JUST started. Like, after the skip. It is like, a few hours old.))

So...you're setting us free?! His heart skipped a beat. If we meet again, tell me how funny that worm of a queen looked when she discovered this! He rushed out into the open air, with Hewey flying by his side. However, Hewey was looking back.

Why are you looking back?!

Veronica...Lawrence...still in castle. Hewey moaned, looking back.

Who CARES?! I am sure they will be FINE! Now let's go before we get caught!

~~~

Revera bowed, seeing that Blade was not running with them. Thank you, Blade. Good luck with the queen. She then sprang off in glee. Aragus here I co-

Oh right. Kiyan.

She looked back. KIYAN! You coming? We are finally free!

~~~

A little while later.....

Sapphire was curled around three large eggs. Her children. Ruby's children. Three healthy looking eggs, one looking a bit larger then the other two. She was upset that Ruby was not there to see them, but she had faith he would come for her. He always did.

((I am back! Sorreh skwerl, I'd reply but I needed a break :I))

Caulxir

"Hmm... I don't know if that's a good idea... The Black Marrow mumbled under his muzzle. It could prove useful to have minions that would actually be able to do more than blindly obey his and Terra's commands as it would greatly help the combat abilities of his army, but on the other hand he was afraid of one certain thing - what if they would create some sort of advanced consciousness and decided that it would be easier for them to live without their master? However, they needed his power to live and prosper... "Actually, if we limit the amount of zombies we create with this we could make them commanders of our army so it would be easier to manage it while battling... Let's do it!" Caulxir finally decided and grinned maniacally at his and his mate's idea.

Kiyan

The Spessartine was disoriented - he didn't like what was going on there. Blade letting them go was a good thing after all, but that's not what he expected after trying to save her from being a prisoner at Vylainne's dungeon. Nevertheless, he realized that it wasn't a good moment to complain and went after Revera. "Coming!" He replied to the Hellfire and darted to her. "So... what will we do now? He asked her.

Corr & Coo

"I stand with Irupi. If anyone should go, it should be Cicero, he's the only one who knows how to fight." Corr interrupted, yet Coo didn't seem to agree with him. She started to cluck furiously and peck the Olive dragon on his head. "Hey, calm down girl, you wouldn't fight anyway!" He told the chicken, yet it didn't calm her down. It seemed that she was angered just by the fact that he was too cowardly to join a fight.

Blade

I sniffed, knowing full well that I wouldn't tell anyone about Vylainne's reaction-after several months of dealing with her, I knew it would mostly be shrieking and shouting. I turned and took to the skies.

When I had arrived at the Ice Palace, it was exactly as I suspected.

First few minutes: " Come inside, you thing. The Queen wishes to see you. Don't give me that look! Eugh."

First hour or so: " How DARE you, VOIDBLADE!! You know FULL WELL what I asked you to do, and what did you do? What did you do?! You went and did your own little thing, because somehow, it's more important!! Do you have bees in your brain?! You pathetic servant! I should have kicked you out ages ago! What are you worth, huh?! What are you worth, you lousy, pathetic, useless-!!"

The next hour: YES! You did it, Voidblade! We're finally going to war!!

Whisper was cheering in my head, and I somehow felt relieved. As "punishment" for disobeying her outright order, Queen Vylainne was going to stick me into Lundith's ranks-yup, that Golden Wyvern she spared her best battalions to. It was practically a vacation for me; I got to go fight for hours on end, instead of sitting here, lounging about with nothing to do! It was like a dream come true. The best part? I get to leave straight away!

I double-checked in the reflective, icy wall in front of me that my armor was on securely, and that my metal claws were unsheathed and out of the way for now. I studied myself for a few minutes more while Whisper paraded on in my mind. Black and red soul, check. Black and red armor, check. Black metal claws, check. No current wounds, check. Crystal horn ring... check.

What about rations? Whisper suddenly asked. I looked over to my nest, and noted the large bag sitting in it, with portions of meat literally spilling out of it. Check. It decided.

I think I'm ready. I thought.

Then lead the way, Voidblade. Whisper said cheerfully. Lead the way.

((Here's another chance to interact if you want, Alex. tongue.gif))

((Yes please.))

---(Alex)---

I finally got tired of sitting around waiting, so I wandered off in hopes of finding something interesting to do. First, I stopped at the kitchen to grab some chocolate, some of which I ate right away, before wandering through the halls. I knew that eventually something interesting would happen.

Sure enough, after passing nearby Voidblade's room, I ran into Voidblade herself. I was one of the few beings who didn't really mind what had happened to her since we had met Vylainne, and in fact somewhat liked her new look. It was just scary enough that even my stupidity gave way in her presence, and I was fully aware that she could practically kill me with a thought. A single well-placed claw swipe and I'd be bleeding out, so I made sure not to upset her whenever possible.

So I tried to be at least somewhat serious while I was near her. "How are you, Voidblade?"

Blade

" Better than I have been in a while." I said without thinking.

Why are you engaging in conversation? We have a war to get to! Whisper snapped.

It's Alex. I pointed out.

What? That makes a difference?

For once, I ignored it, still speaking. " Queen Vylainne just deployed me to Frostcrusher's battalion, out in the desert, where Lundith and his army have been reported being. For once, I get to do something with myself!" I flexed my claws in excitement. " I would drag you with, but I have a feeling that the Queen wouldn't appreciate it, and that engaging in combat isn't your thing."And it's technically my "punishment". I added to myself. I then shrugged. " Then again, if you really want to go, I guess you could try talking the Queen into letting you, though it didn't work very well for me."

Shriek and scream, shriek and scream. Like it will solve all of her problems. Whisper agreed.

---(Alex)---

"Hey, if you think, for whatever reason, you'd need or want a healing buddy, I'd be more than happy to come with. You know how much I use healing magic, and how I helped you out with it back during that fight with, erm... what's his name, ah..." I trailed off. I just could not remember his name for the life of me. Then it came back. "Oh! Blood Echo, right? Was that his name?"

Blade

" Yes it was." I distinctly remembered the crazed Tri-Horn Wyvern, as I now know his species is. In fact, I know a lot more dragon species now than I used to. " I have a battle to get to, if you don't mind." I then turned and headed down the hallway, so I could leave for the war. I partly hoped Alex would follow me-he stuffs himself so large sometimes, he could roll over six battalions straight without effort! Well, that's not why I wanted him to come with... but the Moonstone did know a helpful spell or two.

---(Alex)---

"Hey, wait! You didn't tell me if I could come with you or not!" I hurried after Voidblade, not wanting to be left without an answer, and walked alongside her, trying to get her to give me an actual answer. "I'm helpful! Why should you have any reason to not bring me along?"

((I won't prevent you from making decisions for your own character. tongue.gif))

Blade

" It wasn't implied enough? If you want to jump into battle with me, I certainly won't stop you-you're too useful. But if you don't want to, that's fine as well-I'm sure Lundith has other healers kicking around." I shrugged. " He should, anyway."

I can't imagine you'll die early. Whisper joked. I was unsure about that-sure, I've trained a lot, but did I really have the skills I needed to keep me alive? Well... I guess there's only one way to find out.

---(Alex)---

"Oh, good. I was worried for a moment there. Well, I do have some other good news. I managed to make my passive healing spell more portable; instead of constantly drawing on my tail orb's magical reserves, it uses mana from other nearby sources, like a mana sponge. I'm not sure how it'll work with you, since you practically live off mana at this point, so I was hoping we could test it and see if any ill effects befall you."