Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

Terra smirked. The brute was so stupid, she could see a pair of dark colored Pygmy Dragons attacking him. They seamed rather annoyed, and where trying to poke out the Brutes eyes. The dragoness searched, and found a small indention in the soft ground. She snuck up on the nest and focused, until she could see witch egg held the strongest hatching. Quickly snatching it, she grabbed the brute with her spell and teleported them both home, egg in tow.

Edited by Dragonessdown

Terra smirked. The brute was so stupid, she could see a pair of dark colored Pygmy Dragons attacking him. They seamed rather annoyed, and where trying to poke out the Brutes eyes. The dragoness searched, and found a small indention in the soft ground. She snuck up on the nest and focused, until she could see witch egg held the strongest hatching. Quickly snatching it, she grabbed the brute with her spell and teleported them both home, egg in tow.

---(Jemek)---

"Thanks. Those two little things were really nasty." Jemek flopped on the floor, the rocks in his belly producing a loud bonk when they landed. "Ow."

Well, we are out to have one of those things Her eyes glowed a dangerous red as she stood on her haunches, holding the tiny egg is her front claws. She let her power trickle into the egg, awaking the hatchling and forcing it to grow restless Hatch....

Well, we are out to have one of those things Her eyes glowed a dangerous red as she stood on her haunches, holding the tiny egg is her front claws. She let her power trickle into the egg, awaking the hatchling and forcing it to grow restless Hatch....

---(Jemek)---

Jemek was content to just sit and watch, grabbing the occasional rock to swallow.

((I'll let Doc respond to the desert situation first.))

Vylainne

What?! The Ice Queen glared at the dragon, whom she slowly began to recognize. She finally sat down, still glaring.

" Hello, Addar. Are you telling me you're the one who gave me these stitches?" She was about to pin "ugly" next to "stitches", but the thought of having gaping scars the rest of her life frightened her. She forced herself to calm down.

Addar was not the type of dragon you could just yell at. They lived for who knows how long, seen who knows how many things, and has who knows how many hatchlings. And they aren't even hatchlings anymore! She wasn't sure who Addar was, or where they came from, but she appreciated the amount of experience they had in healing. Though, they can be difficult to deal with. She noticed Alex sitting nearby.

" Alex! Weren't you in the dining hall? Don't tell me you came out just to see me." Vylainne said, flattered. He was an obedient little servant, wasn't he? On the thought of obedience, she was reminded of the rebels. Arrogant scum, all of them. At least she had this flashy Moonstone with her; as long as she kept his step-hatchlings locked up in her Palace and her kitchens full of chocolate, there was no way he would be leaving.

Edited by skwerl56767

" Alex! Weren't you in the dining hall? Don't tell me you came out just to see me."

---(Alex)---

"I couldn't just sit by idly and not lend a helping hand. Addar needed some help with gathering some things, so I helped. It's the least I could do."

You all know who he is

I stormed out of a cave. I wasn't indiginous to the forest, but my parents lived here and so I did too. I had recently got my wings, and I heard noises and as I ran out I saw the vine dragon who lived nearby get flung away. I snuck behind the two holding an egg that didn't belong to either of their breeds and hid behind them. I got teleported along with them and hid in the back of their cave. What were they doing to that poor Pygmy egg? Were they... Forcing it out? No, it would die or run away or...

I continued to hide, out of sight. My black coloration helped, although the blue firey fringe of my barely developed wings could give me away. I backed deeper into the cave but I could still see. What the hell...

(Ugh, bad Addar post and horrifically bad Bismuth post. I tried.)

"I would listen to him. He's pretty old and has a lot of knowledge on healing." Addar swung their head around at the Moonstone, a frown tugging at their lips.

"That's 'they' to you, boy," Addar hissed, slashing their tail in aggravation. Honestly, Alex's assumptions were becoming tedious rather quickly. At least he had enough brain power to tell the queen to calm down, not that with her single thought process of, "kill, revenge, kill" she was anything below not listening to a simple command. Thankfully, when her angry gaze landed upon Addar, who offered back an equally stern glare of warning, she calmed down somewhat.

"Hello, Addar. Are you telling me you're the one who gave me these stitches?"

"That is a safe conclusion to come to," Addar said simply as they picked up a cup of tea, blowing away the steam drifting off of it. "Don't give me that pathetic look, they only reason we're even in this situation is because you decided to go headlong into battle with, what was it you said? Ah, that's right, a Nhiostrife Wyvern. I don't even need to ask what happened to get a good picture on why you're hurt." Addar lowered the cup onto the ground, glaring over in the queen's direction in the process. They doubted that she would live for much longer, perhaps a few decades at that, considering just how hot-heated and bloodthirsty she was. However, that did not change that fact that she was currently in their care and it was their job to keep their patients safe and alive. They couldn't force Vylainne to do anything against her will. If she wanted to go off and get herself killed by some nobody, fine. History would learn from her mistakes and move on, but that didn't change the fact that Addar felt the need to lecture her. She was older than Alex but still a child in their eyes. She was a hatchling throwing a tantrum because someone finally stood up to the bully she was and hit her back. If her kingdom was to survive, she needed to learn there was more to life than brawn and heedless tactics.

"What were you even thinking?" Addar questioned as they stood up and took a few steps in the Ice's direction. "Why would you put yourself at risk when you could of sent warriors in your stead? You're a queen, not a soldier, you shouldn't be running off provoking people to attack you, especially timid wyverns who breath extremely hot flames in desperate conditions. You are lucky that Nhiostrife didn't roast you alive. I'm not always going to be conveniently located where ever you find yourself injured to patch you off before sending you off in harm's way again. You have to be more careful if you want to see your kingdom thrive. Otherwise, you'll be dying in some ditch while revolutionaries or rival forces will be tearing down your palace and placing your crown on some stranger's head You'll be lucky if they're even a native breed." To be honest, Addar cared little for what breed sat on the ice throne. Hell, they wouldn't care about the kingdom if its collapse didn't affect lives negatively, but they had a good idea on what Vylainne wanted to hear so they went ahead and gave it to her. Turning their back to the queen and the Moonstone, they picked up the tea cup delicately as they listened to the queen and Alex softly banter.

"Pfth, 'need' is a strong work, young one," Addar said as Alex mentioned his assistance. "You mean you barged into me out of nowhere before I could do anything. The only thing you did was get the ingredients for the tea, boy, don't overestimate yourself." Padding over to where the queen was standing, and placed the teacup next to her. "If you want to soothe any ache in your throat, you can," Addar said, motioning towards the teacup before marching back over to the kettle. They halted themselves once near the kettle and opened the lid as they peered down at the contents. They frowned at what they saw, clicking their tongue as they thought about whether they should send Alex out to get more tea or make do with what they had left.

----

The groaning of the disfigured, shambling creatures did not cease as Lance and Bismuth heaved the boulder in front of the entrance. A game soon began where Bismuth would have to stop assisting in moving the boulder and spit a jet of blue flames onto what monstrosity peeked its head into the cave. Bismuth wasn't sure just how often this sort of thing happened, but guessing by the way the Spitfire seemed to be expecting the abominations, he could conclude that it had happened enough for her to get in the habit of pushing a boulder in front of the entrance. The closer the boulder got to blocking the entrance, the more horrifying creatures Bismuth could hear outside. His entire body went pale and he soon began to shake uncontrollably. At one point his mind was full of nothing but panic and he stood in font of the crack the demons could enter through and burst forth a dazzling array of flames into the horde of beasts before him. The vile creatures let out disgusting hisses as they flailed around while their decomposing corpses burned a bright blue, leaving the same stench Vylainne made when she burned in the air. Just as the boulder was about to close, Bismuth collapsed, gripping his scalp with his wings as he lowered his head, closed his eyes and tried to shut out the reality of the situation. He kept telling himself that nothing around him was real, that the entire day had been an dream and he was going to wake up in the Alpines like any other day. But when he opened his eyes, everything was the same. His breathing hastened and just when he was about to cry out in hysteria, a bolt of energy suddenly flew into the cave. Bismuth cried out, backing into the corner with his eyes wide with fear. Each breath he took shook his body and his vision began to blur. He didn't know what to think or do so he did the only think he could do: stand in horror as he watched the events before him proceed.

---(Alex)---

"Hey, wait. I got the water for you, too. Though it's equally insignificant, it doubles the amount of things I helped you with."

Lance

The boulder was finally moved into place, and the Spitfire returned, still hysterical. Lance notice Bismuth's wide eyes.

" OH thank goodness! Thank you thank you thank you! Cacti are in the back, loves." She began to leave when Lance stopped her.

" Now wait a minute, what was that?!" He practically shouted. She turned and gave him a incredulous look.

" You mean you don't know, Thunder?" She asked. Lance looked at Bismuth, then back at her. Her tail twitched.

" Come over here and I'll explain, love." She said. Once they had settled down(well away from the blocked entrance), she came back with several leaves and cacti grasped gently in her teeth. She set them down, glanced cautiously back at the entrance, then began explaining.

" It's an ol' Black Marrow. Or so I've heard. See, one day the sweetest Black Tea barged into here, much like you lads, and left a message that the dead were rising."

" The dead... rising?" Lance wondered aloud. ((Hah hah, Dead Rising...)) " Yup! They were following some Black Marrow around. I've only seen the army once or twice, but I smelled them plenty of times. Not a stench you'd want to forget." She bent down and crunched on some thick, long, spiny leaf. Instead of eating it though, she took the cut end of the plant and squeezed its juices all over Bismuth's hurt wing. " There you go, love. It's from the aloevera plant. It should help you heal those burns." She tisked. " You're one of the few fire-breathing dragons I've met who've actually burnt themselves."

" So wait, are they outside right now?" Lance asked frantically. " Are we trapped in here?!"

" I'm afraid so, love."

" But, but... I need to get to the Thunder Kingdom!"

She just shrugged. " They usually leave after a few hours, though judging by that projectile..." She glared at a distinct mark on the wall of her beautiful cave. " The Marrow himself might have spotted us. It might be a while, loves."

Vylainne

" I became Queen because I was a soldier." Vylainne huffed, accepting the tea anyway. She tried to suppress her growls, aware that she might tear up her healing throat, even though indignant, angry thoughts were flying about in her mind like a gale.

" Addar, since you saved my scales... again... " She muttered that last word. " Would you mind if I promoted you? I imagine you'll be leaving soon, but I thought you might appreciate not having to listen to incompetent Frostbites again." She looked at Alex. " Speaking of which, I should return to the Palace. Who knows what chaos is taking place while I'm gone." She tried not to think about how many punishments she would have to dish out, while healing. Sometimes she wished she had smarter servants, but then their willpower would be horrendous to deal with.

It's much easier to rule over simpletons than geniuses.

Edited by skwerl56767

---(Alex)---

"Well, I needed to return to the Palace anyway, so I'd be happy to help you get there, my Queen."

((By the way, telepathic speaking doesn't hurt your throat. Might want to change that bit.))

"Hey, wait. I got the water for you, too. Though it's equally insignificant, it doubles the amount of things I helped you with."

"What do you think the water was for, child?" Addar inquired, rolling their eyes at Alex's comment. "Even if you don't know how to make tea, why would you even mention the water if you're going to call it 'equally insignificant'? Don't try to boast your assistance in this, a mere hatchling could have done the same." Although with you're attitude and behavior, I'm not sure I would be able to differentiate between a hatchling and you. Addar resisted the temptation of trashing the Moonstone further, which was particularly difficult, and instead heaved a sigh as they shook their head at the kettle in front of them. There was enough for another cup or two, but based on Vylainne's restlessness and Alex's eagerness to obey her every whim, Addar suspected that there would not be enough time for more tea. How funny, they though they were going to spend an hour or two discussing Alex's powers and the responsibility that came with them.

Now that I think about it..

Addar stole a glance in the queen's direction as the tip of their tail twitched anxiously. It would be wise to inform of the queen of her servant's newfound power, but then again, she may and try to use Alex for something incredibly dumb like try to take over the continent. It wouldn't work, of course, but it would cause unnecessary deaths and Addar wasn't going to put such a moronic ideal past her. Despite the fact that the queen who could take the information in the wrong way, Addar could not help but imagine the destruction that could be wrought if Alex was not controlled. His powers were weak but they would only grow in time and as much as Addar was disgusted by the way Alex blindly followed Vylainne, they knew that if she could control him, then she could keep an eye on his powers, control him if need be. If that's what it took to keep Alex under check, then so be it.

"I became Queen because I was a soldier."

"And you won't stay a queen without acting like one!" Addar shot back, glaring sternly over in the Ice's direction. They duly noted that she was drinking her tea, something that made them snort with approval before turning their attention back to the kettle. The queen and Alex seemed prepared to head back to the kingdom--why they decided now was a great time was beyond Addar--so drinking any more tea would be impossible. Such a shame really, cold tea was just awfully. Addar muttered a few words, extinguishing what was left of the fire before snatching a bottle off the strap crossing over their chest. They poured what was left of the tea into the bottle and settled the bottle back onto their strap. They picked up what dishes they had laid out and began to wipe them clean with cloth obtained from their back.

"Addar, since you saved my scales... again... Would you mind if I promoted you? I imagine you'll be leaving soon, but I thought you might appreciate not having to listen to incompetent Frostbites again."

"Oh? Trying to get me to stay now, are we?" Addar asked as they looked up from their work with a hint of a smirk on their lips. "Hm, I don't know. I quite enjoy incompetent Frostbites sending me out to fetch perfume and wine ingredients for some snobby nobles who will be did in five years after choking on some chocolate-dipped strawberries." Addar chuckled at this, shaking their head as they examined a teacup they had just cleaned. "As long as you don't throw those ridiculous gold coins your people insist on valuable at me, I think a promotion wouldn't hurt." Satisfied with their care, Addar placed the teacups and the kettle back into their back. Now all that needed cleaning was the teacup the queen was drinking. Addar didn't dare to take it from her. After all, taking tea from someone was rude and the queen would probably bite their hand off if they tried to forcefully take it from her.

"Since you two are so set on returning to the kingdom right this minute, might I make a request?" Addar asked as they turned their expectant gaze on the queen. "I need to speak to you once we are back at the castle, privately." Addar glanced over at Alex, letting his eyes settle upon the Moonstone for several moments. They hoped the Moonstone, nor anyone else, would try to eavesdrop on the meeting. Would be possible to ask if the queen could wring anyone's neck if they tried to listen? Considering how she was like, such a request might not be farfetched. "What I have to say is important, but I do understand if you have to hold off on the discussing to tent to more urgent matters."

----

It took a moment for Bismuth to register what happened. The boulder was over the entrance, Lance and the Spitfire appeared to be talking, and the undead couldn't get in. His ears were ringing and everything but the sound of his own heavy breathing sounded distant to him. He could still hear the gurgling groans of the monsters outside as they feebly clawed the boulder with their disgusting disfigured talons. Bismuth pulled himself onto his feet as he tried to calm himself. He managed to make his breathing less fast-paced, but he could feel himself trembling still. Those things, whatever they were, shouldn't of existed. Just looking at them felt wrong. Why anyone would want to live somewhere where they came around ever so often was beyond him, but yet, the Spitfire continued to live in her glass cavern. It's beauty was one to behold, but it did not make the ugliness of the guests outside any less untrue. When the Spitfire motioned for the two males to come sit with her, Bismuth obliged, walking over towards her while he bit his lip tightly.

What the Spitfire had to say was not comforting to say at the least. A Black Marrow running around raising the dead? Bismuth wasn't sure if he was still sleeping or not. That sounded like something to come out of some sort of twisted fairytale. If the Spitfire told him the same thing early in the day, Bismuth would have thought her mad, but considering there was undead beings clawing at the boulder outside, he couldn't say anything against her. Bismuth wasn't paying attention to what the Spitfire was doing with the cacti, so when she suddenly poured juice on his wing, he jumped a little, growling as his burnt wing began to sting furiously.

"There you go, love. It's from the aloevera plant. It should help you heal those burns. " You're one of the few fire-breathing dragons I've met who've actually burnt themselves."

"Most fire-breathing dragons don't get chased by an angry Ice that can freeze your wing mid-flight," Bismuth countered, his voice having an edge to it. Immediately, a look of guilt fell over Bismuth's face. "I-I'm sorry," he said, relaxing his muscles and lowering his head. "Today has just been... pretty rough." Bismuth sighed as they cringed at the sudden pain flowing through their wing. Based on what the Spitfire said and the way the undead were still banging on the door, it appeared as though they were going to be trapped in the cave for a while. Bismuth gave Lance a worried look. Poor Lance, he seemed to set on going to the Thunder Kingdom. Hearing that they would be delayed was probably devastating news to him.

Edited by Doctortear

---(Alex)---

For the most part, I was able to ignore Addar's attitude. It still annoyed me a bit, but, I didn't really acknowledge it. Instead, I was quite keen on returning to the castle. I needed to make sure Veronica had listened to me. But I couldn't leave Vylainne alone, not in her current condition.

Caulxir

Anger filled the Marrow's face as he saw part of his army burnt with blue flames - probably the ones from a Nhiostrife Wyvern. The fact that he didn't hit any of the dragons inside the cave didn't ease it - though it was more frustrating than anger-inducing. His mindless minions began to claw on the boulder blocking the entrance, as if they thought that they will do something with it. Those filthy mortals were really getting on his nerves - Caulxir had to think of some way to make them pay for their deeds.

After a short while of thinking, somewhat disturbed by the minions who still seemed to be messing with the entrance, an idea came to the necromancer's mind. He remembered about quite simple, yet deadly spells that would come in handy in the current situation. The Marrow dispelled his spell on one of the dragons that was scratching the rock - it was still fresh, as it was one of the citizens of the village that he recently raided. Then he grabbed a death shard and a magi shard carried by his servants (he has special section carrying the shards) and cast the spells:

"Fulyo Tarra! Chalio Rozk!"

The first one established a sort of barrier in a small radius - about 5 meters - around the corpse, which let through only living matter. The second one fastened and increased strength of decomposition of the corpse. This way he created a sort of deadly magical gas sphere, filled with toxins from the decaying body. He highly doubted that any dragon would come through that alive, as the gas would slowly start to feast upon the scales and skin of any trespasser.

Grinning at his genius idea, Caulxir commanded his army to move forward. Let's see how you deal with this... Tee hee hee! He thought and started laughing maniacally.

((Mouse, they are at their desert home))

((Wait. I'm pretty sure Jemek described it as a cave. Is it not a cave? I can change it... Just describe it for me.))

((Wait. I'm pretty sure Jemek described it as a cave. Is it not a cave? I can change it... Just describe it for me.))

((I'm pretty sure it was a cave. Dragoness said that.))

((Cave in the desert, a rocky part. The cave is deep, cool and has running water in the back. They live near the edge near the forest))

((Cave in the desert, a rocky part. The cave is deep, cool and has running water in the back. They live near the edge near the forest))

((So we were both right.))

((yupps))

Setting on her rocky edge, she pours more power into the egg, getting impatient. Suddenly, the egg rocks once, then shatters as a tiny hactling flops out onto her claws.

((Theres you kiddo Alex))

((yupps))

Setting on her rocky edge, she pours more power into the egg, getting impatient. Suddenly, the egg rocks once, then shatters as a tiny hactling flops out onto her claws.

((Theres you kiddo Alex))

---(Jemek)---

"Aww, it's cute." Jemek found a pebble and gave it to the hatchling. "Hungry?" He asked.

((Yay adorable tiny pygmy!))

You Know Who He Is

Holy shoot! What?! Did it hatch?

A discarded eggshell was kicked towards me. I resisted kicking it away from my toes. A tiny pygmy dragon was held up in a way that I could see it. I wanted to take it and run, but I barely knew how to fly yet, and who knew where we were? Well, probably the Brute and Desipis.

Edited by MyaMouse

Vylainne

The Ice Queen said nothing, simply acknowledging Addar with a nod. Seeing them cleaning up the dishes, she promptly finished her cup and handed it back to them.

" Consider it done. I'd rather keep my gold for other purposes anyway." She said, pausing. " And you can request away, Addar. I'll be sure to keep the doors closed." She turned, stretching her wings tentatively. They had large holes in them, and it still hurt to flex them, so she would have to resort to walking. Not like she hasn't done it before.

Eager to leave, she left the cave. " If you're coming, come." She said, directing it to no one in particular.

((Uh, time-skip for a few minutes? xd.png Since Doc is going out of town and Alex doesn't seem to have a set destination, I'll just drag them with me.))

Blade

Commander Blottail snarled and swiped the air in front of my nose as a warning, and I readied myself, the words of the ignition spell on my lips.

But we were interrupted by a frantic pygmy.

" The Queen! The Queen! She's back!!" It sputtered.

" What?" Blottail and I both said at once.

" BACK! She's back!" The pymgy roared and fluttered about the room like a bat with no hearing, screaming the words over and over. Blood Echo dashed to the dining hall's entrance, only to back out suddenly.

" She's melting!" He spat.

" Thanks, you ungrateful beast!" Something blue and charred showed up and kicked him aside. He hissed, scattering away over several bodies. I was surprised at the sight.

It was the Ice Queen all right. But she wasn't half as healthy as she used to be; no icicles hung from her, and one half of her face was molten, along with several large patches of her body. Her wings were tattered and broken, like shattered ice, her scales burnt like she had danced on embers.

I don't think I've seen her so mad in all her life.

" What is THIS?!" She shrieked at the scene. I could only imagine it; bodies everywhere, the only ones being alive a bunch of strange dragons she probably didn't know, Blottail, Blood Echo, and myself; the two latters covered in blood. The table was upended and broken in hundreds of places, and there was not plate of food on the table that hadn't been touched. Shed scales, blood spots, and piles of smashed food, everywhere. Burnt marks, pieces and pillars of ice, frozen plants and enemies; it was a horrendous mess.

And I was in the middle of it.

" 72:6 went mad, your Highness." My commander said dutifully.

" I went mad?!" I hissed. Yeah right, like I was the only insane dragon here! What about Blood Echo? Or the trespasser?!

The Queen picked her way toward us, eying me. I noticed two dragons in the doorway behind her, but I payed them no heed.

" You did this?" She asked coldly. I stood firm, not wavering my hostile gaze. She turned to Blottail. " You're sure it was 72:6?"

" Positive, my Queen. When I came into the massacre, she was conducting spells."

" Spells?"

" Yes, my Queen."

I don't think I've ever Blottail not yell before. Then again, how long have I been here? A day? Three days?

" Attack me."

What? I wondered. Did she just say that? I didn't want to make her any madder than she was, but disobeying wouldn't help either. I hesitated.

" Do it! Do it! Do it!" Blood Echo chanted.

"Zukzen Shivier!" I commanded, holding my paw out and allowing a ball of solid ice, almost as large as my head, to form. But I didn't throw it. The Ice Queen looked on in interest.

" So you do know spells." She mused.

" Only recently." I put in.

" And suddenly you're honest too?"

I didn't say anything. She suddenly looked intrigued. The pygmy had stopped flapping about now, and was instead hugging the rafters, shivering.

" Blood Echo, Blade, back to your quarters. Now." She turned to Blottail and began talking about something involving "cleanup" and "training", but I didn't hear her. Blade! She called me by my name! I was supposed to be 72:6, right?

Blottail huffed at something the Queen said, but I didn't catch it, instead throwing the ice ball behind me and numbly following Blood Echo back to the barracks for battalion 6. Everything has been so... weird... I wasn't sure what to do anymore. Though I knew one thing: I wanted more mana shards already.

((Not sure what to do with Lance's perspective. Right now they're just sitting there, waiting. Unless I get some ideas, we can do a time-skip with them as well.))

((FINALLY THANK YOU BLADE SOMEBODY CAN RESPOND))

Hewey looked up when the Ice Queen came in. He liked the food fight, and the queen was holding it up. He picked up some now mixed glop and launched it at the back of the queen's head and watched it splat

Yopple, C, and Luswold ((who was shaking in a corner)) looked up at the queen.

"Queen Vylainne. It has been a while. Not as pretty as you were, are you?" He snapped, not meaning her to be pretty at all. C whistled, and Luswold almost screamed.

((Gonna bring Larry and Veronica back once Alex posts))

---(Alex)---

"Well this is a pleasant surprise. It would seem you now have two magic wielding dragons on your side, my Queen. Oh, Luswold. Good to see you're still intact and uneaten. I'm surprised that gluttonous Guardian of Nature hasn't tried eating you yet. Oops, was that out loud?" I added sarcastically. "Don't worry, I won't let him eat you. If he does try, well, I have something that'll help me save you."