Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

Vylainne

The Ice Queen just chuckled. " Suicidal, because of chocolate alone?" It surprised her that Alex serves her so diligently, when it seems he practically worships chocolate. " I guess I can't let you go then, can I?" She sat down and wrapped her tail around her paws, her tired mind working out a solution that she desired. " Allow me to ask you, Veronica... where do your loyalties lie?"

Shetne

The Ice instantly relaxed when confused questions just came tumbling from the stranger's mouth. So he was just an innocent passerby! And it seems he knows Vylainne.

" What is your name, young one?" He asked, his Bloodbound voice echoing with power. He sounded scary, but Shetne in truth was a very level-headed, humble, calm dragon; calmer than an isolated woodland meadow. And it seems he hasn't changed since he died.

Edited by skwerl56767

Veronica thought. "Hm, my loyalties...whoever doesn't try to kill me and take me prisinor? That's one. Also, maaaaayyyybbbbeeee somebody sweet, and loyal themselves, and...yeah, that stuff." She curled her tail, holding her orb close. Her own orb, filled to the brim with untapped energy...the thought was amazing. All that power, in a convenient spot on her tail. She could whip Hewey into shape! Not like she cared about the fat GoN anymore. Speaking of which, she seemed to be running into fat dragons almost constantly. Wasn't carrying all that blubber hard on their survival?

-------sleep.gif----------

Larry was literally shaking with fear. Now he was face to face with who looked practically like a god...he looked up, the fear obvious.

"M-My name is Lawrence, but...j-just cal me Larry, i-if you want..." He shakily responded, slowly getting up. His legs were wobbling, he was so afraid

((Terras mana orbs are of all colors, she is a shiny xd.png))

Privately, Handsome marrow, no need to worry about these two. My bodyguard, and a thief in training. Merely pets. She turned to the other two I know of a nearby town, we could expand our hoards greatly.. She smirked, tip of her tail twitching in excitement. It was a desert town, filled with human and dragon mercenary's. There was loot to be had!

Vylainne

She simply stared in disbelief. Was it possible? Was it that easy? Surely Veronica was playing games with her! Then again, it wouldn't be the last time a dragon asked for shelter with such a low price. Veronica was also a bit vague on just how she considered someone "loyal".

" Well, if it will keep my servant from killing himself for petty reasons, you may reside in the Ice Palace. You just need to follow a couple of rules, or I will set my guards on you." She gave a stern look at the Moonstone.

" One, everything I say, goes. Period. Disobedience is not tolerated. This includes asking unnecessary questions.

" Two, Respect me and your superiors. Luckily for you, " She glanced pointedly at Alex. " You will be in the care of a loyal servant, making you Head Maid. Your only superiors will be the commanders and myself.

" Three, you may not take a mate unless I say you can take a mate.

" Four, this palace is like a citadel; that means any attempts to escape from my care will result in a literal dragon-hunt. You will be caught. This means if you are caught trying to escape, you will be punished.

" Five, you may not attack anyone or anything; being caught with a weapon is also punishable."

Vylainne then smiled, almost sweetly. " Only five rules; do you like that? More freedom then the other kingdoms. Now, punishments range from imprisonment to death. Simple as that. And since you will be in Alex's care, I will go a bit easy on you." She held her head a little higher; something about proclaiming the rules made her feel so powerful! " Both of your quarters will be in the tower attached to the servants' quarters. Down the right hallway, first door on the left, then go through the door at the end. If you need help navigating, just ask another servant. They should know this place like the back of their paw.

" So? Will you join the Ice Clan?"

Shetne

The Ice Dragon almost laughed; what an innocent little thing!

" I am King Shetne, former ruler of the Ice Clan. Though, you probably know my mate, Queen Vylainne, better than you know me." He studied the Ice in curiosity. " You're rather young, to be serving as a guard; right now you would be an apprentice. Escaping duty? Or are you not from these mountains?" He tapped him on the shoulder lightly with his tail in a reassuring, almost playful, manner. " Do not worry, I used to skirt my duties as well; I am more of an artist than a fighter. Contrary to who is in power now."

Edited by skwerl56767

Mere moments after the large boulder had been rolled away from the entrance, a rancid stench rushed into Bismuth's nostrils. He let out a snort of disgust, stuffing his muzzle under his wing as the repulsive scent wafted into the cave. The wyvern's companions let out gasps of horror as they along with Bismuth backed away from the cave's entrance. He could see a cloud with a verdigris tint collect above a collection of rotting bodies. The gnarled corpses twisted in awkward positions were enough to make Bismuth want to vomit. Some of them had their maws open in a silent scream while others stared off into the distance with either glassed over eyes or empty eye-sockets. Bismuth averted his gaze away from the perverted sight as he swallowed the bile building up in his throat. Things only became worse when Lance pointed out that the old Spitfire's scales were curling up like sour milk. Bismuth muttered a prayer to the gods under his breath with an uneven voice. How in the hell were they suppose to get out of the cave now?

"Rotting flesh... my cave has no other entrances... Nhiostrife! Your fire!" Startled by Flora's suddenly exclamation, Bismuth stared at her blankly as he tried to compute what she said. His fire? What about it? His blue gaze tore away from the Spitfire and turning towards the bodies outside. He glanced over at each of his companions' faces with a quizzical before staring at the floating rot once more. Did she want him to breath fire upon the bodies? What would that accomplish? Bismuth opened his mouth to question the plan but closed it once he saw a spark of realization flicker in Lance's eyes before he leaped forward to grab a hold of boulder than was slowly beginning to roll over the entrance once more. Bismuth formed his mouth into a line as he took a step towards the entrance. He had no idea what Flora was suggesting, but it seemed obvious to both her and Lance that whatever she was thinking would probably work. If that was the case, why bother asking what she had supposedly though of? The situation was dire and questions were only make the situation more difficult. With a quick glance at Lance and Flora, Bismuth took another step forward before arching his back, opening his maw, and letting forth a jet of brilliant blue flames over the cloud of rot and the bodies it hovered above.

----

The pygmy returned in due time with a dark bottle wrapped in their arms. With a whoosh of her wings, the pygmy landed in front of Addar, offering the bottle to them with a timid bow. They offered the pygmy a few soft words of praise which was enough to bring a faint grin on the pygmy's face before a Frostbite nearby ushered for her to come to him. She gave Addar a few words of apology before heading off to assist the Frostbite. Just as Addar was about to return their attention back to their patient, a Nilia pygmy flew in front of Addar before landing with a respectful bow.

"The queen has requested your presence," the Nilia said as they looked up at the White before them.

"Ah, so she hasn't forgotten," Addar said more to themself than to the pygmy in front of them. They frowned as they glanced down at the Pyralspite in front of them. They couldn't just leave the male to die off on his own, but, unlike with the queen, this dragon could be healed by more than just Addar. They could attend to their meeting with the queen while some other healer took care of the Pyralspite.

"Send for a healer to take care of this fellow," Addar said as they motioned towards the orange male laying before them. "Several of his bones are broken, he has some open wounds, and I wouldn't count internal bleeding out of the factor. If he wakes up, make sure the healer gets the bottle beside him. Thank you for informing me of the queen's request." Addar gave the pygmy a short respectful nod which was returned in kind. The pygmy, grasping the bottle firmly in their hand flew off in search for another healer to tend to the Pyralspite. Sighing with relief, Addar picked themselves up and marched towards the queen's throne room. It took them around ten minutes to scour through the many hallways in the palace, barking unintelligible curses at bewildered guards who managed to bump into the White all the while. When they finally did arrive at the throne room—noting that there seemed to be no guards around which was everything but reassuring—they gently opened the door, allowing nothing more than a soft creak to emit from it. Much to their dismay, Alex, perhaps the dragon they least wanted to be around while the meeting with the queen proceeded, and a female Moonstone who looked quite irritated. Addar kept their mouth shut as they closed the throne room door behind them. They stalked over to the back of the room, not caring to conceal their presence, and stood silently as Vylainne and the Moonstones spoke. It would be quite rude of them to interrupt while they were talking. After all, they had arrived first. As soon as the Moonstones were done speaking with the queen, Addar would request for the queen to secure the room for unwanted eavesdroppers before starting the meeting. For now, all Addar could do was sit and wait. They grasped their staff between their talons and gazed calmly at the proceedings of the conversation before them.

(Lame post is lame. Just a head's up for those who may take this the wrong way, Addar isn't sneaking into to the throne room. It wouldn't be odd if everyone noticed them enter. They're simply sitting in the back to politely wait for the Moonstones to finish talking with the queen so Addar can start the meeting they wanted. c:)

Edited by Doctortear

Lance

Blinding blue flames darted past Lance in a stream of heat and light. The Thunder's side and wing were singed, but no major damage was done as Bismuth poured his fire over the bodies. Flora stepped back as the intensity of the flames hit her like a wave.

Very slowly, the stench began to dissipate.

" It's working!" Lance said excitedly, as he struggled to push the boulder back wide enough that Bismuth could toast the bodies outside. Once the putrid cloud had parted, the bright flames penetrated their source, and very quickly, promising results were shown. The new stench was burning flesh, but it was way better than rotting flesh.

Once Bismuth's fire ran out sufficient help was given to pushing the boulder back in place. Lance briefly wondered how exactly Flora managed all on her own with the darn thing.

" Oh, thank you loves! I-I've never had that happen before!" She stared disdainfully at the roasted corpses on her doorstep, and the burnt marks that had partly melted the glass they were on, warping the floor. " Oh, I needed to get a new cave anyways."

" Yes, thanks Bismuth!" Lance gave the wyvern a friendly smile. The Thunder knew that Nhiostrifes had spectacular flames, but he never thought they could be so handy! He should have made friends with him earlier. Though... Lance looked out past the bodies and over the desert sands, thinking. What if Bismuth didn't want to stay in the Thunder Kingdom? It was infinitely safer from a cruel ruler; King Vronti isn't exactly nice sometimes, but at least he wasn't a tyrant like Vylainne. King Labes was probably the nicest you could get without deception, but he doubted that either he nor Bismuth would be happy in the Magma Kingdom. But the Ice Kingdom owned almost the entire alpine region... It wouldn't be safe for Bismuth to go back. No way was it safe.

The Thunder glanced at Bismuth, as Flora rattled on about giving him some kind of reward in her kind, elderly manner. Bismuth was liked for sure, and the other desert dragons in the kingdom might also warm up to him. But being liked comes with a price, as someone might be jealous enough of him to try and use him as a weapon. Maybe Vronti could promise him domestic protection? No, because then Vronti could be a problem. Not that Lance didn't trust his king, but what if Bismuth didn't? Tensions could rise. And messing with royalty could be like running up to a dinosaur and flicking it in the eye.

Lance felt strung. What should he do? Bismuth was a friend, and should be treated as such, but either way he was heading into potential danger, and friends don't let each other run into danger.

Focus on one thing at a time. He told himself. He tried to force his worried face back into a smile.

" Let's get to the Thunder Kingdom. First priority is getting that wing fixed." He said.

" You'll need a guide; considering you didn't even know I lived here, I don't trust you to make it there alive." Flora said, rushing off to grab a few things.

" No no, really, we're fine-" Lance spoke quickly, but she cut him off.

" I have food, and I have water, and I have aloevera and some bandages. Don't worry loves, you'll be safe with me."

Lance sighed. " I guess she's coming with..." He said with a shrug.

((If Bismuth with just follow and there won't be any breaks in the journey, I'll just do a quick time-skip for how they get there. And I'll wait for Esko's/Alex's posts before I do another Vylainne post.))

((Ugh. Been too long. Here's a short(ish) post to unblock everyone.))

Quaksh and Co.

"Thanks," the Magi answered Pyro, flustered and awkward. He wasn't used to other people apologizing to him, as it was often himself apologizing for a blown up house or something similar. "Though really, it wasn't that bad." Quaksh assumed the Silver was talking about that Ribbon Dancer who had tricked them but he didn't want to ask to make sure. He daintily took the shards between his teeth, noting their types -- common ones at that -- and tucked them in the small satchel that hung on his side. From the same pouch he produced some scrolls he dropped on the table in front of Randal.

Frankly, the young man didn't really know what to do next either, and the overbearing Nebula practically on top of him wasn't helping him decide. His face was red as he sheepishly tried to put some order to the scrolls before him -- notes and spell formulas, no doubt. "Um, I was planning on doing some private study on the thing -- the spell -- since Mage doesn't seem to be the only one affected..."

Myrdon came to his rescue. "Honestly, I believe that there may be many other strange phenomena stirring about. I heard stories that sometimes souls, both dragon and human, sometimes stay in this land if their blood was spilled in battle!"

"That's a load of drake**** and you should know it," the Crimson Flare jeered. "Only hatchlings believe in stuff like that!"

A frantic fluttering interrupted their conversation as another Pygmy flew overhead, shouting, "There's a pair of huuuuuuge dragons in town! Do something!" The small dragon banked in a wide arc, using its narrow orange wings to increase its speed as it flew off after the delivery of its message. Before anyone else could, Quaksh took it to the air and the human reached over to protect the scrolls from being blown away by his wings.

What surprised the Magi was that he expected the Pygmy to mean Stone dragons or something. Instead, these were colossal dragons with dark scales and and hooded necks. The dragon had never seen a meaner face since they were ambushed by a horde of Cavern Lurkers a few months ago. But these things were like those dragons sized up about twenty times. Orange gems decorated the flank of the larger one, while the smaller one had brilliantly white gems. He thought he'd seen dragons like those before, but he couldn't remember.

"Huge dragons," he relayed to the assembled party below, "Black scales, huge antlers, gems on their body running along their sides."

Randal nearly spit his tea. He forced himself to swallow the drink before talking. "Desipis?! Why here? Why now?"

"Desipis," Myrdon repeated, relaying the name back up to Quaksh.

"Of course!" Desipis. Some of the most dangerous dragons around for their ability to cloud the minds of others and wreck everything in sight. The one time he had encountered one of these stray titans, he ran off pretty quickly and so did Mage, as they knew that these things ate magic for breakfast. "Though, why aren't they destroying anything? They seem more intent on exploring the town than anything else. They don't seem to be hurting anyone."

"I believe they are best left alone, then," Myrdon retorted, finishing off the rest of her meal. "I don't know about all of you assembled dragons here, but I believe we have a lot of work to do and we have to be going now. Pleasure meeting you all." Normally she wasn't one to push for getting things done, although the number of dragons looking at them was kind of daunting and she wanted to leave anyway. She watched as the human, taking her cue, gathered up the spell scrolls in preparation to leave.

((GODDAMMIT forgot about shininess xd.png Let's just say it didn't happen :I))

((Now time to write some shorty posts to catch up a lil with all the chars))

Caulxir

Caulxir grinned as Terra explained the purpose of two other dragons. A thief would always come in handy, even though he preferred brutal displays of raw power and show-offs, and if the Desipis thought that she needed a bodyguard then he didn't want to argue.

After the dragoness told about a city nearby, Marrow's eyes gleamed with excitation and he flew up to the front of his army. "If you say so, beautiful Terra, then lead us there! My army needs some reinforcements, anyway..."

((Guess these guys are ready for timeskip?))

Kiyan

All he could see was a vast darkness around with him floating somewhere in it. He could feel nothing - everything was empty, soulless, meaningless... This reminded him of a similar situation that might had happened before - but when? Before he was a dragon? No no no, what was he even thinking, he always was a dragon! Or was he?... Different thoughts came across poor Pyralspite's head after he fell unconscious because of the pain and blood loss, caused by angry Almandine. What really made him curious - or just as curious as he could be in current state - was familiarity of this place. It felt like he was here, but in another body, another incarnation... Suddenly, a voice echoed in his head, loud as roar of a dragon and clean as whistle of birds.

"I'm sure we'll meet somewhere in the future..."

Then, Kiyan remembered everything. It struck him like a lightning and panic took place where curious was before. He remembered that day when he became a dragon. He remembered what he was doing before that, his home town, his family... Why did he forget that? Why did the dead dragon do that to him??

Slowly but steady he began to wake up. It seemed that he was taken care of - there was a white dragon beside him who seemed to be watching over him ((that's some healer)). The Spessartine tried to move, but his body refused, as it ached all over and he was unable to move some of his legs and a wing. He let out a silent roar because of the unbearable pain and coughed up a bit of blood. He wasn't in a best condition, truth be said, and wasn't able to do anything. Kiyan just lied down, waiting for someone - or something - to help him.

Corr & Coo

As the Olive and his chicken tagged along, Coo eventually came back to Corr and laid down on his head, trying to get some sleep, it seemed. After some time Damia finally found an Albino, who didn't seem to know what he would need to do. Nevertheless, he the Olive dragon and his companion remained quiet and left all the talking to the black dragon Cicero and Damia, as it was their business. Meanwhile, the chicken fell asleep - probably she burned out all of her energy after being so active for quite a time.

Veronica

Veronica thought, rubbing her tail orb. Only five rules, yet they held strong...this queen, though seemingly a tyrant, had a knack for strategy. She admired the use of smarts and not brute strength, since she was a scientist herself. She was not allowed to leave, sure, but maybe it would be better then the orginization? Plus, not like she wanted a mate anyways, that would come later. She smiled and looked up.

"Strong yet few rules. A knack for smarts, that is." She stated, hoping to flatter the queen at least some. "I think I can do so. I feel welcomed." She curled her tail up, seeing her reflection. It would be fun, getting to boss others around. Maybe being Head Maid would be pretty cool!

((Confusing posts AH))

Larry

Larry was still shivering, almost gawking at the story. "Vlyainne, the Ice Queen. Rather biolent and scarred. Yeah, saw her." He rubbed his eyes. "You probably will not believe me, but I used to be human. A friend used a spell on us and now we are dragons...hehe". He hated saying 'friends'. He wanted it to be more, but not like wishes can come true..

Vylainne

The Ice Queen smiled at this. " Then you two are excused." She sat on her throne, looking about the room until she spotted Addar. She motioned for him to follow her and started walking back to her chambers; they did say that it was a private matter to discuss. On her way, she told a passing guard-who looked rather alarmed as though one of his comrades just died-to bump up security in her tower so no one could even get close enough to eavesdrop.

I wonder what is so urgent and private? Addar is usually pretty blunt, unafraid of throwing their opinion around. Vylainne pondered, as she finally arrived to her quarters. Well, even if it isn't anything major, I can at least take a nap while I'm up here.

Shetne

" A human turned dragon?" The former King wondered. " I have heard some strange things in my time, but that is not one of them. Then again, I never thought I would be trapped after death, either." He sighed. " Trapped, just so I could watch my kingdom crumble. To watch the mistakes I made in life play out before me, their consequences shaking the foundation of all that is good. So I suppose you and I aren't too different. Don't look at me like that, I can tell when one doesn't trust what they're doing." Shetne watched curiously. " So what is strained between you and this friend? Is it not a human dream to become a dragon?"

Edited by skwerl56767

Veronica

"Well then." The Moonstone/human/thing watched the queen and a White walk off. She sighed, watching her breath go up in a poofy white steam like thing. "So, chocolate boy, we should probably get to our quarters, right?" She turned and started towards where the queen told them their rooms were.

Larry

This dragon seemed terrifying and comforting at the same time, which was very weird. "Yeah, kinda hard to explain." He shuffled, looking down at his feet. "Seems like she would rather wage war then have an egg. That might have resulted in conflict with the other trios...." His ears perked at the next question. "Well, straining? Our friendship is still strong. Though, she left me alone to think about stuff...I understand she needs alone time. After all, alot.png has happened today." He pat the snow

Veronica

"Well then." The Moonstone/human/thing watched the queen and a White walk off. She sighed, watching her breath go up in a poofy white steam like thing. "So, chocolate boy, we should probably get to our quarters, right?" She turned and started towards where the queen told them their rooms were.

---(Alex)---

Not one to keep people waiting, I followed Veronica, since I had already forgotten where to go. I was stupid like that.

(Half a post of nothing but talking is a go.)

The scorching blue inferno galloped over the bodies, consuming everything in its wake. The blighted cloud began to disperse as the flames leaped from one corpse to another in a dazzling display of colors. Minutes passed by and the putrid stench turned to that of burning flesh as opposed to the foreign, sickening scent that sent bile up Bismuth's throat. Fire stopped tickling his throat and soon nothing but bright glowing embers emitted from his mouth. The wyvern promptly closed his jaw, pleased at his handiwork, and assisted Lance and Flora in pushing the boulder completely away from the entrance.

"Oh, thank you loves! I-I've never had that happen before!" Bismuth felt a rush of pride at Flora's comment and turned his head away from her in an attempt to hide the blush that suddenly appeared on his face. The heat in his cheeks increased further when Lance added, "Yes, thanks Bismuth!" Flora suddenly bubbled up and began to cheerfully prattle on about giving the two a reward of some sort, an idea that made Bismuth feel squeamish.

"I w-wouldn't have known what to do if you hadn't told me to do so," Bismuth admitted as he stared at the ground, scrunching his nose as the scent of burning flesh entered his nostrils. "There is no need to thank me or reward me for that matter." Bismuth ducked his head under a wing, trying his best not to show his fact to the others. The last thing he wanted was Flora to point out that he was as red as a beet. He wasn't use to so much positive attention and it was beginning to make him feel uncomfortable. Thankfully, Lance managed to change the subject before Bismuth's entire head turned scarlet.

"Let's get to the Thunder Kingdom. First priority is getting that wing fixed." Bismuth lifted his head, which was thankfully only twinged a slight pink, as he nodded at Lance's announcement. Flora had done her best to heal Bismuth's wing, but he wanted to get it to an expert before look at it before he did anything else. Just as the wyvern was about to say his farewell, Flora spoke up, declaring herself their unofficial desert guide. Lance tried to intervene with the Spitfire's statement, but she cut him off and made herself clear.

"Well, I guess we have no choice then," Bismuth said with a shrug as he strolled outside of the desert and leaped into the air. Bismuth, wincing at the pain shooting through his burnt wing, glanced over at the others with a lopsided grin. "So, are we ready to head off, or what? Daylight is burning."

----

Keeping themself in check, Addar eyed the Moonstones warily as the queen dismissed the two. They kept their eyes trained on the Moonstones momentarily before glancing over at the queen who motioned for them to follow. Rising up, Addar padded after the queen, not bothering to look at the Moonstones as they passed. They nimbly followed the queen to her chambers, dipping their head respectfully at the bewildered guard outside of the room. Once they entered the quarters, Addar discretely locked the door behind them before settling themselves down a little ways from the door.

"I can see you spared no expense lavishing your quarters," Addar commented as they observed the queen's bedroom. The elegance of the room was phenomenal. The money spent on the furnishings alone could feed s family peasants for months if not years!

"Color me surprised, there aren't are many skulls decorating your walls as I thought there would be," Addar joked as they let out a soft chuckle before shaking their head sadly. No, they didn't come to comment on the queen's tastes in furniture. There was no need to stall with terrible jokes, they needed to get down to business.

"I overheard some of the conversation between you and the Moonstones and saw how the male, Alex was it, acts towards you," Addar stated as they shifted their wings into a more comfortable position. "From what he said while I was healing you, I can determine that he is loyal to you, blindly so, and perhaps even reverse you. As much as I loath children blindly following someone they barely know I cannot help but feel as though this is one of the few times where such a thing isn't so bad, even if I still find it disgusting." For a moment, Addar closed their mouth and pondered their next words. Should they really tell the queen the truth? The chances of her musing Alex's power was great, but if she was not told by Addar themself and learned on her own, she could not be dealt with or told about the dangers of the male's power. She could seize the opportunity to do as she pleased and ignore the words of caution Addar had to say. No, they had to do this. They could not back out now.

"This... boy, he claims to have come in contact with two of nature's guardians, something that no child should do. He has informed me that, as of recent, he has gained the ability to slow down time, at least in his own realm of perception. I fear that he has gained the ability to twist and bind time to his will, an ability that is rare and can be exceedingly dangerous. Such a power is as much of a gift as it is a curse. He may, no. he will be hunted down if certain parties hear of his newfound power. Others will try to ally with him while others will seek to use him as a weapon. His power is great, but it is dangerous. I heed you a warning of caution as you seemed to have leashed him and you must beware of those who will seek to take him away from your grasp." Addar paused for a moment as they clicked their talons together in thought. They did not wish to condemn Alex to be nothing more than a slave bound to some cruel queen's whim, but what else could they do? Alex had already sworn his loyalty to Vylainne and was not keen on leaving her side anytime soon. Had he been wiser and affiliated himself with a more intelligent and kind leader who was placed in a position of power where touching them was near to impossible, Addar wouldn't have been so concern. But that was not the case, Alex had tied knots with a tyrant whose biggest accomplishment her entire reign was raising tensions between her and the other kingdoms unnecessarily. If Alex wanted to doom himself to live in shackles of ice, then so be it.

"His power is yours as is his life," Addar said, gazing up at the queen before them solemnly. "I would ask that you do not inform the world of his powers and either bleed the life out of him or make this palace his prison, at least until some sense of responsibility has leeched its way into his mind. You are all children in my eyes, but is no more than a mere hatchling. Destruction and death will lie in his wake if you are not careful to what he is exposed to. I would also like to inquiry as to how you came up with a Guardian of Nature in your prison and I'd also like to ask why the one in the mess hall hasn't been tended to. They are dangerous creatures and cannot be allowed to roam in public!"

Edited by Doctortear

((Before reading this, please read

this: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=ST&f=25&t=167873 so you know some stuff.))

Here's how I became a dragon.

One day, I was doing my usual thing (walking Aurora, donating to charities and shelters, and watching the hilarious sight of Moonglow hatchlings and Heartseekers around each other). I was in the middle of walking Aurora, when she suddenly sat down and started to growl. I heard a faint noise, but had no idea what it was. I looked up, and saw what looked like a bunch of red-and-yellow blurs.

Crimson Flare Pygmies. I was sure this wasn't going to be anything bad, so I convinced Aurora to stop growling. We continued on the walk, when I saw another blur above me. This once was much bigger than the others, though, and it was all multicolor, mostly purple. I saw it again, but it seemed... closer. I didn't know what was happening, nor did I like it.

The blur kept getting closer and closer, and the next thing I knew I was being picked up by a Sunsong Amphiptere. Higher and higher I went, and I eventually fell asleep.

My sleep was brief, as I eventually was woken up when I was on the ground again. I was in the mountains, right next to a moderately-sized cave. The dragon motioned for me to come in.

I was somewhat hesitant, but I went in. The cave was illuminated with mana shards. It was beautiful. I followed the dragon to a wall. I had no idea what was going to happen, or why I was even taken here. I was about to ask what was going on, but then I was knocked unconscious.

No big surprise there. I always get knocked out for no apparent reason.

Literally every dream I had while I was out was some sort of flashback, but in each one there would just be a random Pillow Dragon at some point. I had no idea what the heck this meant. I still didn't know what was happening.

Then I woke up.

When I woke up, I looked around. Nothing unusual seemed to be going on. I didn't really bother to look down. Somehow I was back with Aurora, but she wasn't following me like she usually does.

I tried to yell to Aurora to come here, but what came out was what sort of sounded like a muffled roar.

Hmm, that was strange. Speaking of strange, why is it so much warmer than usual?

So many questions.

Suddenly Aurora was growling again. But what? What might she be growling at this time?

Aurora was still growling, then I heard a generally mid-high-pitched voice say, "Who are you? Why are you here?" I had no idea where it was coming from, it seemed as if it were coming from my own head... weird.

When I went over to the lake, things in a way started to make more sense, but in another way it made less sense. I looked down into the lake to see if there were any fish, but all that was there was a reflection of what appeared to be the face of a Pillow Dragon.

OK, what's going on?

I looked behind myself, but nothing was there. I looked into the lake again, and the reflection was still there.

OK, is someone playing a trick on me?

I didn't understand, but then I thought about it...

Perhaps... I myself... am a dragon?

If so, come to think about it, that would actually explain a lot. Aurora not following me, the roaring when I tried to call her, et cetera...

But how? How could this possibly be happening? I don't see why--wait a minute...

The Sunsong Amphiptere!

No, it couldn't. It was actually rather friendly.

Perhaps something snuck up behind me and knocked me out. Still, that doesn't explain this...

I'll think about this later: I'm starting to get rather sleepy...

Edited by Geometry Dash YouNoob

((just saying, but you might want to stay low for now. We're all prepping our characters for a timeskip right now, and at the moment, if a new character appears, in the castle or someplace as such, it might be probmatic.))

When we last left off...

I became a dragon, which is basically the plot of this whole thing. Oh, yeah, and I started sleeping.

~ On to the story! ~

Some time later...

OK, so I'm awake now. I guess I should check on Aurora?

On my way home, I spotted Aurora in the exact same place she was before.

Perhaps I should try using telepathy?

I tried as hard as I possibly could to talk to Aurora through telepathy, but I really just ended up making a fool of myself.

When I tried to get it to work, I was all over the place. Rolling around, roaring, doing everything but using telepathy.

"What are you doing..."

I figured out this time that the voice was from Aurora, using her telepathy.

This was humiliating.

Come on, you stupid thing. Work...!

Humiliating, and all-around pathetic.

Finally, Aurora heard me, and we started having a little discussion.

"Hi there, Aurora."

"How do you know my name?

"Err... Let me try to put this into words that won't make you think I'm simply going insane..."

Forty-two minutes later...

"Well?"

Aurora ran in the opposite direction, towards home.

About twenty minutes later, she was back, followed by Moonglow.

"What are you doing to my little girl?"

I had to explain what had been going on the exact same way I did to Aurora.

"I... I don't know what to say."

"Neither did I when I saw the reflection in the river."

"This makes no sense. Who are you?"

"I already told you."

"I mean, who are you actually?"

"I just said I already told you. Come on, let's go home."

"OK..."

"But how can we trust him for sure?"

"Aurora, just follow us."

"I'll lead the way."

So we headed home, and Aurora finally believed me.

((More coming soon!))

((I like how you specifically said, "FORTY-TWO MINUTES LATER" instead of, say, "about an hour later." laugh.gif ))

((Little time-skip.))

Lance

They traveled over the scorching desert sands, miles in the air. Flora wasn't one for much flying, so she landed occasionally to rest her wings and work her legs, but Bismuth and Lance rode the thermals-that is, the billowing pockets of warm air that buoy a dragon the same way salt water does for a human-the entire way, which barely required a flap from either of them. It wasn't long until they finally reached the Thunder Kingdom. Being a resident of the kingdom, Lance was the first to spot the territory markers; huge towers of rock carved and capped with metal lightning rods so that even during a storm, you just had to follow the lightning to find your way back.

" There we go!" Lance said brightly. " It shouldn't be far until we reach the palace."

It was true. Just by going straight, the group had finally found the palace, in the distance to their left; constructed mainly out of rock, it had the same lightning-rod-towers around it that were used to collect electricity to convert it into raw Lightning Mana. Pretty cool stuff. The Thunder wanted to yack on about all of the things the Thunder Clan does in the palace to Bismuth, but being from the Alpine region, he wasn't sure the Nhiostrife would even care, so instead he just pointed it out before banking lazily toward it.

Flora was the first to arrive at the gates, having been sprinting on the ground.

" It's Flora, dearie. A Spitfire female. You remember me, don't you?" Her telepathy floated up to Lance as he and Bismuth spiraled to land.

" I'm not worried about you, I'm worried about him." The guard said gruffly.

" Oh, he's fine." Flora glanced up at Lance.

" Not him, him" The guard looked pointedly at Bismuth. Butterflies fluttered in the Thunder's stomach. Would they not welcome him because he was from Vylainne's territory?

" He's a friend." Lance assured the guards, trying to keep the nervous quiver from his voice. The guard just grunted.

" Should we risk it?" His comrade asked.

" I don't know! King Vronti will have our heads if we let another unknown outsider in. I didn't like that Golden Wyvern!"

" But he's a Thunder, he's safe, right?"

" Hmph! You can let them in. I'm keeping my dinner rations for once." He turned away. His comrade gave him a disdainful look.

" Tell us your names first." He demanded. Lance took a breath.

They didn't know he called himself Lance. He could barely remember his old name as is. Hopefully they won't think he's just making things up.

" The Nhiostrife is Bismuth. My name is Leidan. I sometimes go by the name of 'Lance'." He explained. The guard's eyes went wide.

" By the blazes! Leidan, we thought you were dead! We scoured the whole of Jehumuh looking for you; get in there!" Lance just nodded as the two opened the gates, and a new nervousness brewed in the Thunder as they hurriedly escorted him and his two friends to the throne room. What would Vronti think of his sudden leaving, and sudden return? Lance doubted he would be pleased at all, or that he could believe a less willful story of kidnappings or whatever.

Lance tried to bury his fright of approaching the monarch, when he had basically deserted him and his Clan. Things could only get worse then. But if things did get worse, he hoped that Flora and Bismuth were kept out of it.

Vylainne

" That's a good point, I need some more skulls." The Ice Queen smiled grimly before listening to Addar some more. What he had to say stunned her, to say the least. Alex, a time-bender? Very few dragons have been known to even successfully tap into the stream of Time Mana that supposedly flows around Valkemare, who weren't Guardians of Nature or Avatars.

The things she could do...

She listened to Addar a little more before pondering to herself. It would be too easy to just kill him, but he's such a loyal servant... then again, it won't be the last time she imprisoned someone within the palace without their knowing it. She simply had to keep his abilities under wraps, so she would be the only one able to harness them.

So that part was easy. But what of the Guardians, Addar asked? Well... it seems she couldn't hide them forever from their prying eyes.

" The fat one should have been pushed out of the dining hall by the guards by now. Skaol, on the other hand, is a mere hatchling; I have kept him imprisoned for many years. Chances are, his futile abilities will barely leave a scratch on any dragon." She met Addar's stern gaze. " However, I will remove him if you feel it is necessary. After all, they're dangerous creatures." She quickly thought about the best place to even put Skaol. Hm... Ironfrost Keep wouldn't be a bad one, would it...? And speaking of cruel, merciless places, that wouldn't be a bad place to train Blade either.

Shetne

The Ice King watched Larry shuffle in the snow.

" Larry.... do you have aspirations? It seems strange that you would part with your friend to think alone." With those words, Shetne fondly remembered being this Ice's age, and his own ambitions. He never wanted to be a king, no, but he did want to become the greatest chef in the palace!

The same way his mate Vylainne climbed the ranks of soldiers, he climbed the ranks of humble craftsmen, first working with lumber but quickly falling in love with food. It wasn't long until he was serving the King and Queen at that time, preparing every feast and banquet they could throw at him. By the time the Queen and her mate died, he was appointed to be a ruler in their stead, instead of head chef. He was so astonished, and so inexperienced as a ruler, he was scolded several times by his underlings for helping them in the kitchen. But he couldn't just step away from a warm oven and flour-covered paws. Something about cooking and baking ignited a hidden passion in his soul.

Ehm... not that he could do that anymore... but he could at least find a way to satisfy that deep grief he had for the state of his Kingdom.

Edited by skwerl56767

"Like, a strong want? Not really...no, of course not!" He chuckled neevously a bit, rubbing the back of his head. "She's always like that, wanting alone time. It's okay, females need their privacy! Trust me, I know." He remembered when he once refused to leave her alone. That spot on his head throbbed for at least a week. Lesson learned; Never piss off Veronica, especially when she has a rather thick book.

"So...seems kind of mean, for Queen Vlyainne to kill you, her own mate. Not even human rulers would do that, even if they are power hungry and greedy. Your ex mate just seems...like a tyrant. Will anybody ever replace her?" The young dragonhumanthing wondered out loud, looking into the slowly rising sun

Previously...

We went home.

((Wow.

Very descriptive.

I can do descriptive evry not at all. Yes, that "evry" was an intentional typo, and the horrible grammar was also intentional

Did I mention that most of the stuff in italic is a character thinking to themselves? That's probably vital information.))

~ ((Anyways, back to the story...)) ~

We had a long talk inside the house. I asked how things were.

"Well... We're obviously just fine... totally."

"There's no need to be rude, Aurora."

"As you know, I've been through a lot recently, including... well, you know what. I'd sort of like to have some time to relax."

"So do I..." *rolls eyes*

"AURORA!"

"Okay, okay... I'm going."

"We weren't asking for you to leave, Aurora we were telling you to stop, because you were being very rude."

"You do realize that if it weren't for me, you would be with some abusive maniacs who don't know what they're doing, and you wouldn't have a mother. So try to show me some respect, please."

"OK." Why did I ever tell Mom about this?

"Thank you."

"Despite my breed, I am just as willing to help out as I was before. Do you mind if I go out and get us dinner?"

"I don't mind, although I would like to come with you so we can talk."

"OK. Aurora, you stay here. Be good, don't do anything stupid."

"Alright then. I'll be good." *makes adorable face*

"See you soon!"

I MUST EAT ALL OF THE CHOCOLATE.

((Oh, yes, did I mention Aurora is notorious for eating every last piece of our chocolate (when we have any)?

Well, she is.))

"Finally, some time to relax, where I can talk without anyone being rude."

"I've been thinking about it for a while, and I'm finally going to ask you: Do you think Aurora should be taken care of when we're away for a while?"

"Hmm... That doesn't sound like that bad of an idea, considering the way she's been behaving recently. I think I know just the guy..."

MEANWHILE...

YES, YES... ALL THE CHOCOLATE.*om nom nom nom nom nom nom nom NOM nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom*

((Back to me and Moonglow, talking about stuff.))

"He seems really nice. Perhaps I could meet him sometime?"

"That most definitely could be arranged."

Two minutes later...

"OK, we're at the market. Is there anything in particular you would like?"

"Hmm... Fish seems good right now."

"Alright... I have the fish. Is there anything else you wanted?"

"Hmm... We should get some mana shards for the house."

"I agree. It would be some beautiful lighting for sure. Oh, and did I mention that in the mysterious cave, there were some mana crystals hung all over the ceiling?"

"No, you didn't. Anyways, I think we should get some orange shards, some blue ones, and maybe a purple shard or two. Oh, and several multicolored ones."

"Okay. Interesting choice. Do you think we should get Aurora some things to play with? You know, to sort of keep her occupied when we're away, so she'll at least have something to do?"

"Perhaps. I'll go get a bag to put our things in."

Hmm... Maybe I should get some fish myself... Nah, I'd rather have a salad. After all, I should probably try new things. New ways of doing stuff. Like fishing, for example. It's not like I can use a fishing rod anymore, so I sort of have to use another method of fishing...

Come to think of it, I could use a fishing rod. I would just have to hold it with my mouth. It's still trying new things, in a way.

I'm still getting a salad. Now if only I could figure out what type of salad I'm getting...

Alright, that just about finishes our shopping...

Oh, wait. I forgot about Aurora.

I am such an idiot.

Maybe I'll get her some smaller fish...

And some snacks. We need snacks.

Oh, yes! And FRUITS! Those wonderful little delicacies!

Several minutes later...

Done! That should last us a decent two weeks or so.

Wait... Where's Moonglow?

"Moonglow? Where are you?"

"Oh, sorry! I got a little carried away with the shopping..." *shows bags*

"Same here." *puts things in bag*

"Oh, dear... All of this would total about two hundred coins!"

"Why are you so worried? I can easily afford this!"

We walked towards the exit. I lay a bag of five hundred coins in front of the cashier, and we were on our way.

When we left the market, it was already quite late.

Well, that's what I get for getting carried away.

I hope Aurora's okay...

"Do you think we should speed up our pace a little? I'm a little worried about Aurora."

"Oh, no... She's probably gotten into things she shouldn't be."

We rushed home as quickly as possible. It was hard to go fast since we were carrying so many bags and were somewhat paranoid that the bags were going to tear and everything was going to fall out.

One long hour later, we finally got home. I opened the door, and the first thing I heard was Aurora groaning. I looked down, and there she was, on her back, rolling around. She looked rather... err... stuffed.

"Aurora! Are you okay?"

I took a look around, and there were little chocolate bits all over the floor.

"Aurora... How many times have I told you not to eat the chocolate unless I give you permission?"

"Not enough, obviously... Aurora, come here."

Aurora rolled over to Moonglow. She was simply being her usual drama-queen self.

"Aurora, we both know, and so do you, that you can walk perfectly fine. Get up so you can eat dinner."

"I think... I've already... had enough for the night."

"I'll let you go outside for a minute. Do your business there, then come back in when you're done."

Exactly one minute twenty-seven seconds later...

"Okay. I'm ready to eat now."

So for once we had a nice, silent dinner, and then we all went to sleep.

To be continued.

((Okay, was that enough stuff in one post?

I hope it was.))

((Oh my god you are amazing! Do not change your writing style, PLEASE. laugh.gif ))

((*aHEM*

He needs to differentiate his ooc from his ic text. He can do that by putting his text in ((double parenthesis)).))

((Oh my god you are amazing! Do not change your writing style, PLEASE.  laugh.gif ))

Wait, did you mean me, or Esko?

huh.gif

Wait, did you mean me, or Esko?

*literally cracks and breaks from pressure*

blink.gif

((Yes, I meant you. I was poking Alex because he was encouraging the lack of ooc/ic difference.

People will get confused.))

Shetne

The Ice Dragon nodded understandingly as the morning light illuminated his semi-solid form and revealed his more translucent nature. Vylainne was harsh enough already; apparently cuddling didn't help.

" I doubt that Vylainne will give up her place on the throne easily. If she does find a replacement..." He flinched, as the mere thought of it pained him. " Then they will be as ruthless as herself.

" Vylainne... I can't even call her my mate anymore. It brings back bad memories. My gullibility, my cowardice; it cost me my life, my kingdom, everything! And worse, I can only sit back and watch her destroy what I have worked so hard to maintain." Shetne looked at Larry, pondering to himself. " Only an Ice Dragon, who can match her strength and cunning, can overthrow her, and keep her off."