Ansela Jonla

Spessartine Pyralspite breeding plans

I think the female Tangars still look nice, as the orange and green go well together anyway, and the bits of orange that *do* show up are brought out by the Spessartine. c:

The males still look better, as they fill up the space better and balance out the space the Spessartines take up.

I'm finding that these look decent with pretty much anything, but nothing really makes me have to go breed them- they're nice, but not perfect, unlike some of thrones with other pyralspites.

The ones with luminas, tangars and graves really stand out, though. The colors really match.

I do really like that ember combo posted above. I also appreciate panthera posting them with shadow walkers, which I would have done if she didn't. smile.gif Because shadow walkers + everything.

But also, coppers + everything.

Posting these with the verdigris coppers because of copper breeding mechanics.

user posted imageuser posted image

I quite like it. Blue and orange conspiracy strikes again. smile.gif

Shadow Walkers + everything: might as well be my DC motto. wink.gif And omg, I must breed them with the Verdigris, they're gorgeous !

Peaches and cream!

user posted image

I like the poses together.

I *totally* thought about Albinos with them but never posted (well, it might have been for the Almandines)! They look good with the other two, but I think this pair might be the best. c:

The spessertine pyralspites definitely look the best with the most dragons. I'll have to work up the motivation to try lineage views of some I'm really interested in.

I thought about trying verdigris copper earlier and talked myself out of it, but that does look quite lovely. =o

Agreed with sci - the albinos are definitely best with these guys.

~

user posted image x user posted image

I think I like this... but I also like this below! Hmm, maybe some combination of all three.

I think I like this... but I also like this below! Hmm, maybe some combination of all three.

Orange and nebula brings out the brightness of the stars in the nebula. smile.gif

But then the second pair looks really good, i'll be doing some breeding soon :3

Now I have finally seen a dragon that I actually like with the Graves. I'll definitely be starting a line with those for Halloween!

So much this. When I was planning the Halloween lineages I wanted to hunt for this year, it was sooo difficult to find suiting mates for them and I actually didn't really like the pairings I came up with. Now I finally have a Grave lineage to collect. :3

This looks exactly as good as you'd think it does. (Male Green Copper)

Yum, yum, yum. I seriously love that pairing, TCA. I'm going to have to get me a whole bunch more spassartines to pair with my green copper army.

ETA: Um, quickie question... do these only breed true, or can one breed another's color? Or are you not saying yet?

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

ETA: Um, quickie question... do these only breed true, or can one breed another's color? Or are you not saying yet?

Why don't you try purebreeding them to check?

Ooh, I had not thought about breeding them yet. This is exciting.

Love finding out new things about these!

I just bred a purebred Pyrope and purebred Almandine, and the eggs came out the same color as the parents. Obviously not a large enough sample set to get any conclusive results on, but it's something. :3

Edited by Dimar

But wah! I don't have enough yet to try all the pairs I want to try?

Um. GoN... plans. Um Copper from the same biome plans. Copper from a different biome plans.

*counts pyralspites* I'ma gonna need a lot more.

I like them with Sunrise. The orange x bright pink/purple looks very unique. I thought of breeding him with an Alamandine, but decided to do a different, very pink, species.

I like this pairing (Sunstones! Is anyone surprised? tongue.gif ). Can't wait till my Spessartine grows! *.*

I like them with Sunrise. The orange x bright pink/purple looks very unique. I thought of breeding him with an Alamandine, but decided to do a different, very pink, species.

I tried looking at them with Sunrises (and Sunsets) and didn't like them (...or the Sunsets, which I thought I *would* like).