TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

Contributed only 31 eggs from different Two-Headed breeds, mostly 2nd gens. At least the same amount didn't gave any egg.

(Used the opportunity to rename some of my Twin Hearted family what I wanted to do for a long time now.)

A drop in the ocean, but sent four 2g two-headed eggs off to the AP ! Only one of my pairings refused to cooperate

Did it!  I had hardly ever bred my 2-headeds, before.  I also had about 50/50 results -- 11 no-interests, no-eggs or refusals, and 10 eggs for the AP!

Definitely made me notice I have some naming to do!  Also, I have about 6 or 7 females with no mates, oops!

Edited by Kelkelen

3 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Oooh, I'll look forward to these coming through the AP :D 

Hopefully we bred enough to notice. I ended up with almost 60 more from mixed pairs. I could still breed hundreds of Splits, but I am tired. So happy hunting to all 2-head lovers! :D

On 2/5/2022 at 9:35 PM, Moriaty said:

There are just never enough to form an actual wall because people pick them up too quickly, even if it's a wall of 200 I'm sure they'd go a lot quick-lier than a terrae wall.

you'd be surprised how quickly my 200-egg terrae walls go lol! for a dragon considered a common, i don't see them in the AP very often, unless it's CB eggs.

anyway, i tried to breed some reds along with my terrae this time around and i got like 50% no interests, so there goes that idea. but i'm looking forward to the salts-followed by two heads-followed by terrae wall this week.

10 hours ago, steeve said:

you'd be surprised how quickly my 200-egg terrae walls go lol! for a dragon considered a common, i don't see them in the AP very often, unless it's CB eggs.

anyway, i tried to breed some reds along with my terrae this time around and i got like 50% no interests, so there goes that idea. but i'm looking forward to the salts-followed by two heads-followed by terrae wall this week.

ha i'll look forward to your wall! XD walls in AP is almost equivalent to code hunt day for me

I still think red would go faster than terrae though. I've seen your terrae wall a couple of times, at least they do take over the AP briefly...reds are never going to be able to do that if it's only 200.

Salty wall! Well, half-wall, think I missed the start. I have waaay more Blacktips than I need thanks to these walls, lol. 

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Salty wall! Well, half-wall, think I missed the start. I have waaay more Blacktips than I need thanks to these walls, lol. 

I really kinda have to wonder just how many blacktips on the site are now related to one of mine; since I started hoarding and massbreeding them, I've sent something like 20,000 blacktips to the AP since 2018!

Lots of 2-heads in the AP now. The first that I bred have started to filter in, but my heavy breeding is yet to come.

would anyone like to coordinate a terrae massbreed with me this week? i was planning on breeding all my lads on Thursday and it would be nice to have some new terrae eggs for myself to hunt in the ap ; )

I'll gladly breed my Terraes! They'll qualify for this month's raffle requirements too, it's always nice to get more raffle-requirement eggs into the AP. 

I've been trying to breed to the AP and I get a few eggs, then 'no interest, no interest, no interest, no interest'... 

I was trying to breed pygmies today, BSA yesterday...

I bred most of my Terrae to the AP, and then decided to breed some more Earth-element dragons for this month's raffle requirements. In all I sent about 50 eggs to the AP, most 2g but a few messies thrown in.

10 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I bred most of my Terrae to the AP, and then decided to breed some more Earth-element dragons for this month's raffle requirements. In all I sent about 50 eggs to the AP, most 2g but a few messies thrown in.

and i bred about 100 2g from holiday/purebred terrae into the pile :- )

now i'm working on my 3g+ lineages lol. can't wait to go through this wall!

is 50 actually considered a massbreed? I always thought it needs to be over 200 or something. just realized that I send almost 100 xenos into the AP everyweek. And almost 100 2G descendent of CB codes too.

huh

7 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

is 50 actually considered a massbreed? I always thought it needs to be over 200 or something. just realized that I send almost 100 xenos into the AP everyweek. And almost 100 2G descendent of CB codes too.

huh

i think anything that can create a wall for any amount of time and consists of the same species of eggs can be called a massbreed. it's all subjective.

I wouldn't even say a mass-breed needs to be all the same species (despite the thread title), just that someone (or many someones) bred a lot over a short timespan.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Personally I'm not a huge breeder in general, so for my playstyle any sort of 'breeding a group of dragons in a short time frame' I think of as a massbreed. 

On 3/3/2022 at 3:00 PM, Moriaty said:

huh

I'd say 50 counts as a small massbreed. You don't need to be a 1000-pair maniac clogging the AP for hours/days straight for it to be a massbreed. :) 

Tossed a good number of Xenos and Florets into the AP just now, many are a bit messy because I was trying to breed for myself but kept getting wrong breeds.

On 3/5/2022 at 7:25 PM, Shadowdrake said:

Just bred about 300 earth-element eggs for the raffle.

After noticing a real scarcity of earth-element dragons in the AP, I am engaged in the same activity. So far I am nowhere near your numbers and probably won't end up with more than 100 or so. Still I am doing what I can.

That was a beautiful Mint wall! (Mostly gone now) And I got a few really nice messies from it. 

image.jpeg.059548a3d21c68b46517cd6c79911ef1.jpeg