kitsune93

New Holiday Dragons?

Then how about giving us a playtime with past events? I'd like to edit my unholy mess of a wreath, my very bland tree, and have more fun with my snowfort and gingerbread house.

Concerning the snowfort and unlocked decorations: Can we just have all the Decos unlocked, as well with the tree? Since, you know, the voting period is over for the trees now.

We all had so much fun with those events, I think it shouldn't be too much trouble activating them again, would it? I don't know since I have no idea what your code looks like.

This way we can have fun, and you can have the time to work on your planned features.

I would like for the original "final" designs to be kept, but being able to work on them again would be fun! C: Also any version afterwards won't be permanent, in the sense that if you work on it again and save, the other will be lost, but the original "final" designs from the voting period, etc, will always be there. Any new design can still be saved, but saving over it makes it poof forever.

I will simply insert my opinion. I don't like having any more holiday events. The little of the events make it exciting and also one tends to value the rarity of the dragons since it is, well, rare. Although the idea of inserting more holidays in between may sound fun, I'm not sure what holidays are suitable for the site setting which is medieval. I don't mind having a holiday from different countries or culture like say, Thanksgiving (which we do not celebrate) or Hanukkah (which is for the Jews) as long as it fits the setting. Example only and not a suggestion: Perhaps sharing in a feast for Thanksgiving.

smile.gif Apart from that, carry on with the discussion!

I would like for the original "final" designs to be kept, but being able to work on them again would be fun! C: Also any version afterwards won't be permanent, in the sense that if you work on it again and save, the other will be lost, but the original "final" designs from the voting period, etc, will always be there. Any new design can still be saved, but saving over it makes it poof forever.

I don't want my tree or wreath kept the way they are:

user posted image

user posted image

I want to fix them up to look nice. I was in the middle of making a black canvas for my wreath when I lost power for a few days. After the power came back, the event was over and my wreath was saved like that sad.gif

More holidays? No.

A chance to redo past holiday events? YES! I would love to be able to play around with these again. Whether in the long span between Valentine's and Halloween, or at any other time deemed suitable by TJ. I would love to repair my gingerbread house and change my tree and wreath around.

I don't want my tree or wreath kept the way they are:

user posted image

user posted image

I want to fix them up to look nice. I was in the middle of making a black canvas for my wreath when I lost power for a few days. After the power came back, the event was over and my wreath was saved like that :(

What I mean is, you can still fix them up and it will show to the public, but your original design is still saved on your end and the new one you make won't be permanently kept if you decide to change it.

The original design wouldn't show to the public if you redecorate XD I just meant it would show for you and you'd be able to revert back to it, but new designs won't be actually kept.

Then again, maybe they could still show to the public? Maybe it could be a choice? They could see the redecorated one and the original?

Why not represent random Holidays of different countries? I mean, honestly, I'd LOVE for there to be some gorgeous arsed (not sure if we are allowed to curse lol) St. Pats dragon with lovely green and clovers! And I think some American Independence day dragons would be pretty. Though, I'm not really that patriotic, red/white/blue look good together, and think of all the outcomes as far as fireworks related? It's a shame New Years is so close to Christmas in most every country. I'd LOVE to just see some fireworks inspired dragons, I almost don't even care from WHAT countries holiday.

I am not meaning to sound biased as far as "oh, you're suggesting all American holidays"...yes I am, only because.. I -AM- American, and know more about our holidays or what ones we have over other countries! I know very few holidays from other countries.

What I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE, are "Day of the Dead" dragons (no offense to anyone here) with a MAJOR MAJOR inspiration from sugar skull type designs!

I mean, even if it's not a FULL fledged holiday. Like, St. Pat's is not glorified nearly as much as Christmas and such, so it's more of a "low key" holiday (though it's one of my fave's, other than Halloween), but it'd still be cool. And, it's not something that has to be done -every- year. Or, if it is....perhaps instead of like a week long of drops (or 5 days..3 days? I forget what holiday drops are!) Maybe..less. Long enough for people from all zones or schedules to hopefully get at least one or two.

Uhm..those are my suggestions! Again, it can be a sparse thing. Maybe..Since we already have what, Christmas, Valentines day and Halloween (I am really surprised there are no actual Easter drops, it's just as celebrated as Christmas..), perhaps 1 or 2...-MAYBE- 3 random "other" holidays a year. 3 might be pushing it, though, it would all really depend on the length of time the eggs drop for and all that.

....Just going to add, one more time, that I would LOVE TO SEE ST. PATRICK'S DAY DRAGONS...

Green is not my -most- favourite colour, but I AM ATTRACTED TO IT! My eyes are always drawn to gorgeous greens, and though I am not Irish in any part (that I know of lol).....my birthday is the day after St. Patrick's day so xd.png

GREEEEN DRAGONS! OR WHITE ONES WITH CLOVER!!!! LOTS OF CLOVER!!!!...I'm not all a huge fan of a bunch of green/gold though :/ I think too much gold is tacky. OMG if only I could sprite sleep.gif

Please no other holidays. There is going to be an issue of fairness in that certain regions don't get represented and even if they do it's going to have aesthetics from one country and not the other which may celebrate the same holiday but a different style of it. Also if we were to be very fair evey other day would be a holiday and there would be overlapping holidays. In short too much drama.

Please no other holidays. There is going to be an issue of fairness in that certain regions don't get represented and even if they do it's going to have aesthetics from one country and not the other which may celebrate the same holiday but a different style of it. Also if we were to be very fair evey other day would be a holiday and there would be overlapping holidays. In short too much drama.

^this^, very much.

There's nothing to stop a brilliant green dragon showing up in March and you could call it whatever you like !

I would like a non-religious holiday, something more magic related.

I think this game needs more background (and that's why I can't wait to see encyclopedia xd.png).

What about something to celebrate Summer Solstice. It would look so Celtic and ancient to my eyes xd.png And it would give us something to do in June.

Summer Solstice is on 21th June, when we usually have nothing since there is the DC birthday in May.

I think this game needs more background (and that's why I can't wait to see encyclopedia xd.png).

What about something to celebrate Summer Solstice. It would look so Celtic and ancient to my eyes xd.png And it would give us something to do in June.

Summer Solstice is on 21th June, when we usually have nothing since there is the DC birthday in May.

Support!

I'd like it to be free of cultural references. You mentioned the word "celtic". Do keep in mind that MANY other cultures also have special celebrations about the summer solstice, for example Kupala or Xiazhi for China.

And this perfectly illustrates why I dislike the idea of more holidays. Valentine's and Christmas are arguably more widespread but still have western origins. Halloween is less widespread and not a worldwide celebration as you think. Again, I think to be fair we have to include many other cultural celebrations and that just opens a can of worms.

AND - as has been said many times, most eloquently by socky somewhere in another thread, it is quite pleasant to have a chunk of the year where we DON'T have to worry about missing something !

Ain't broke, no fix please xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

No thank you. No more holiday dragons, please. Three are special, more would just be . . . too many.

Why not just make up our own DC-specific holidays, then?

You get fairness, you get fairness, everyone gets fairness.

I would LOVE to have a DC-holiday. Maybe only one, though, apart from the birthday. OR maybe it could involve the birthday? Maybe secretly that's what we're celebrating when we celebrate DC's birthday. :P I think it's a good time for having a holiday, too, since it's far enough away from Valentine's (and Easter) and Halloween.

course that would mean that there might always be a DC-holiday-specific dragon to release. o3o

I'd like to see a late summer festival that takes place in like.. late july. The events as they stand now happen in feb,easter, oct, and dec. The birthday thing is in may (i think?), and we have had something happen along the lines of larger releases during the summer, but those two arent really events so much as "hey, something happened".

Releases that happen for those types of events, could happen as a theme.. for example, be picked because of different themes (color types, biome or weather themes.. there are plenty of options for themes). Instead of it always being the same themes, its something that could alternate a bit, depending on what the artists decide they want the event to be.

I would actually love to see a St Patricks day dragon! Or day of the dead Dragon, great idea.

Summer event sounds really great too.

Yes, yes, please! A DC Holiday in Summer would be wonderful!

I suggest to celebrate DC Birthday in June and make it as an Holiday because there is already a standard relase on May and (maybe) TJ would like to have more time between relases.

Early May: Normal May relase.

21th May: It would be nice if there could be a topic in the news section to celebrate DC and to formally give instructions and previews about the event that will occour for it in June.

from 14th to 21th June: An Holiday-event like to celebrate DC with New Holiday Species (they could be inspired to Water breeds since it's Summer or Fantasy breeds since it's to celebrate DC) and a minigame or event. There would be Nothing so elaborate like the Christmas holiday because people are usually on vacation with few internet during summer, so we should need something easy that doesn't require a lot of time to partecipate. I would also support a longer time to relase these type of Holiday dragons for the same reason: 5-6 days should be fine to let everyone collect this summer holiday dragon, even if they're on a tent in mountain.

Pro:

- We would have relases both in May AND in June

- We would celebrate DC Birthday with a wonderful and elaboreted dragon every year

- We would have a mid holiday in the long period between Halloween and S. Valentine

- We could celebrate an "holiday" without make any cultural preference.

Cons:

- People will fear to miss this Summer holiday and an unique CB dragon. (But I think that there is this fear for each holiday)

- DC Birthday would be celebrated a month later.

Edited by Naruhina_94

from 14th to 21th June: An Holiday-event like to celebrate DC with New Holiday Species (they could be inspired to Water breeds since it's Summer or Fantasy breeds since it's to celebrate DC) and a minigame or event. There would be Nothing so elaborate like the Christmas holiday because people are usually on vacation with few internet during summer, so we should need something easy that doesn't require a lot of time to partecipate. I would also support a longer time to relase these type of Holiday dragons for the same reason: 5-6 days should be fine to let everyone collect this summer holiday dragon, even if they're on a tent in mountain.

I suggested July mainly because our younger users/college types, depending on location are still in school that late into june. Up here for example, kids (k-12) are in school until about june 23. I know a few states south of me, they are out in may, but go back sooner as well. This also gives the staff who handle events a little more time to work on things (several are in school/college, and later in the summer is likely easier, since they wont be focusing on getting their spring courses finished).

I suggested July mainly because our younger users/college types, depending on location are still in school that late into june.  Up here for example, kids (k-12) are in school until about june 23. I know a few states south of me, they are out in may, but go back sooner as well. This also gives the staff who handle events a little more time to work on things (several are in school/college, and later in the summer is likely easier, since they wont be focusing on getting their spring courses finished).

We finish school on 9th June in Italy, thanks for explain this xd.png

July is ok for me, but I fear that people will be even more isolated in tent without internet in the middle of the summer. Aferall we're used to school-time relases.

That's why I see the beginning of it as a better period cool.gif

Edited by Naruhina_94

Out of curiosity I looked up medieval fairs. Though originally there was a strong religious connection in medieval Europe and England they were principally commercial affairs. They could be held at any time of the year. So if we wanted to do a medieval fair type event, themed however the organizers came up with but unique to DC's lore, that seems fitting to me. It could include a themed release rather than holiday dragons, and some kind of "fair" event. It could move from town to town in our world as we develop the world background and could be fun. So, if we like late July, who says there's not an annual fair somewhere in DC land in late July?

Out of curiosity I looked up medieval fairs. Though originally there was a strong religious connection in medieval Europe and England they were principally commercial affairs. They could be held at any time of the year. So if we wanted to do a medieval fair type event, themed however the organizers came up with but unique to DC's lore, that seems fitting to me. It could include a themed release rather than holiday dragons, and some kind of "fair" event. It could move from town to town in our world as we develop the world background and could be fun. So, if we like late July, who says there's not an annual fair somewhere in DC land in late July?

I'd be in support of this. That way users who were in charge of designing the holiday would have a certain theme to work with, but would still be able to exercise their creativity in the event depending on what area of DC/town the fair happened to land in that year.

That sounds like fun. I'm quite in favour of an invented "DC-world" holiday rather than a real-world holiday - *much* less controversial. smile.gif

I would be okay with that. Although I am still iffy on whether we need other holidays at all. I'm content with the three we have as of now.

Also if we have one, I'd rather that we have it in July because I personally dislike ot when there are events in a row-while the DC birthday isn't a holiday it's still an event-and also because for those people whose school ends at late June that means at that time we have the final exams. I do not want to inconvenience those people-as well all know, holidays last about a week and I shudder to think of someone unable to focus in that time because they had to catch some eggs. July is better for me.

Edited by ylangylang

"Yes" to more events and event dragons, "No" to more holiday dragons which represent holidays from the real world.

I would like to celebrate DC canon "holidays". I personally do not celebrate Christmas, Valentine's Day and/or Halloween. Back when I was still living in Germany I was forced to celebrate Christmas because I was living with my family. In Germany you also have many Christian holidays and most shops are not open on Sundays, which I do not like.

I would welcome the removal of the holidays we currently have and the introduction of own holidays for the DC world, nature or spirituality themed. 'Moon Ceremony', 'Day of Trees', 'Maturity Circle' for example - um, whatever.