kitsune93

New Holiday Dragons?

Relasing only the same CB dragon every year would have no-sense.

This game is about collecting dragon, so we need new dragons every year!

Imho a breed of holiday is exclusive because it was only available as CBs during that year and so, represents the year that they were found in.

How can you say this and asking at the same time to have always the same dragon every year??? At this point why are we asking for more holidays? We could call this new holiday "the endless relase of X dragon".

We would just waste an entire month that could possibly give us a new dragon. This isn't an holiday, something that change every year, it's a vicious circle. Why people are always so enthusiastic of new holiday relases? Because holiday dragons are usually done in secret and they're beautiful. If you give the same dragon every year it will be the most boring thing I could ever imagine for an adoptable game where new things are essential.

New things and the chance to not loose the old ones.

We're proposing a new holiday, and people who are saying no to this it's because they're scared of loosing a new CB exclusive dragon BUT at the same time they don't want to solve the problem by making old breeds avaliable CB in future. WHY?

Why do you accept the same dragon to be proposed every year for this summer holiday and don't do the same for the other holidays? We're celebrating the holiday itself, NOT the year and NOT the dragon.

HOWEVER it doesn't matter. Sorry if I brought this back in the wrong topic, let's talk about the NEW holiday that we would like to see. We agree to disagree, so please let's not talk about other holidays anymore for now. Thanks and sorry, again.

So, I'm the only one right here you wouldn't be satisfied to see the same CB dragon every year to celebrate an important event? i mean, I would always enjoy new events and games, but the most usefull part for the game and the rest of the year is the relase of an entire new breed.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I don't think you quite understood what I meant, if any at all. But here are the explanations.

Actually, it does. If the focus is on the minigames and not the dragon collecting part itself. Personally if you think collecting dragons are more important, then it'd be nicer to have regular dragons, which we can release multiples of and are found year-round than another exclusive dragon that only breeds in that time.

How can you say this and asking at the same time to have always the same dragon every year??? At this point why are we asking for more holidays? We could call this new holiday "the endless relase of X dragon".

I was referring to your snide jabs about how you want other holidays to be released as CB despite the spriters telling you over and over again that they.do.not.want.that.happening. It has nothing to do with how THIS particular holiday has to function.

We're proposing a new holiday, and people who are saying no to this it's because they're scared of loosing a new CB exclusive dragon BUT at the same time they don't want to solve the problem by making old breeds avaliable CB in future. WHY?

No, you got my point completely wrong. I am against this example being used to cause drama for the other holidays.

Why do you accept the same dragon to be proposed every year for this summer holiday and don't do the same for the other holidays? We're celebrating the holiday itself, NOT the year and NOT the dragon.

Because I'd rather have that then having say, 2014 summer dragon, 2015 summer dragon, 2016 summer dragon drop in the cave for the duration of the week before the new one is released.

Personally I am fine with finding bred ones in the AP. There are only so much I can do with catching the old ones (not that my scroll goals require them anyways, I'm full on my holidays), waiting for them to grow up, catching more, wait for them to grow up, while keeping in mind not to reach the limits so that I won't be able to stock up on the new ones. I am not okay with the cave filled with CB old holidays which not only detract from me having the only chance in a year to get CB metals-surprise, surprise, people trade other things during that week that have nothing to do with holidays-and also, it gets boring. Look at the Christmas release. 3 days of nothing but the Christmas eggs? Boring, Imho.

And I would have to disagree with your "NOT the year" comment. Sure, the focus IS on the holiday. But the year it is on is important as well. There are quite a lot of differences between Christmas I experienced as a 7 year old and Christmas I experienced as a 20 year old. It means "I was here for the holiday in x year".

To be honest, I'm not sure if we need a new holiday at all, as in my opinion regular releases are far more important in that they're more versatile (not connected to a single theme), can be released forever, can have multiples, can result in hybrids in the future, can breed outside of their time, and ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING ABOUT THE COMPLETED LIST.

Edited by ylangylang

This game is about collecting dragon, so we need new dragons every year!

We would just waste an entire month that could possibly give us a new dragon. This isn't an holiday, something that change every year, it's a vicious circle. Why people are always so enthusiastic of new holiday relases? Because holiday dragons are usually done in secret and they're beautiful. If you give the same dragon every year it will be the most boring thing I could ever imagine for an adoptable game where new things are essential.

New things and the chance to not loose the old ones.

HOWEVER it doesn't matter. Sorry if I brought this back in the wrong topic, let's talk about the NEW holiday that we would like to see. We agree to disagree, so please let's not talk about other holidays anymore for now. Thanks and sorry, again.

So, I'm the only one right here you wouldn't be satisfied to see the same CB dragon every year to celebrate an important event? i mean, I would always enjoy new events and games, but the most usefull part for the game and the rest of the year is the relase of an entire new breed.

NO, we DON'T "need" another holiday dragon for a fourth holiday every year. We have three h9olidays with new dragons every year already, and frequent regular releases. Many here do NOT want another of those.

This would be a compromise between having only an event (as many people REALLY value the break from having to be on line for a holiday, and those who want a dragon as well. The same special one, available only on a very few days each year would bridge the gap.

But if this suggestion is ONLY about having another holiday complete with a new holiday dragon each year - my vote is very firmly a NO.

The issue you need to address, Naruhina, are these, because I am not quite sure what you're saying.

1. Why do we need this?

2. Assuming that we do, are there going to be new dragons released every year?

3. Assuming that we do, are the old summer holiday dragons going to work the same way as the current holidays, or are they going to go down a different route? Why and how?

4. Assuming that all of this is somehow figured out, what are the breeding patterns of these new holiday dragons?

These are the questions I need answers on.

Edited by ylangylang

I don't think the idea of having the same summer holiday dragon as a cb drop every year is feasible. That would be boring for the users and for the spriters. I think people would quickly start clamoring for new ones each year, which would lead to the summer holiday dragon being just like the current holiday dragons. So you get a no on that from me.

I don't think we should have another holiday dragon that works just like the Halloween, Christmas and Valentines dragons by dropping exclusively for that holiday then being breedable in subsequent years. I think three is enough. I don't want to lose an opportunity for a regular release to another holiday. So a no on that from me too.

That was why I suggested a themed release of regular cave dragons each year with the summer holiday. It would not be an exclusive holiday dragon. It would be a couple of regular ones, on a theme to go with the event. That way we don't have another special holiday dragon tying up one of our months to get new regular dragons, we don't have another busy week of people trying to line up all their past dragons for the week of special breeding. It's more relaxed for those people who vacation every year away from internet. Much less pressure on them.

The issue you need to address, Naruhina, are these, because I am not quite sure what you're saying.

1. Why do we need this?

2. Assuming that we do, are there going to be new dragons released every year?

3. Assuming that we do, are the old summer holiday dragons going to work the same way as the current holidays, or are they going to go down a different route? Why and how?

4. Assuming that all of this is somehow figured out, what are the breeding patterns of these new holiday dragons?

These are the questions I need answers on.

1) Because there is a long waiting time from S. Valentine and Hallowen and it seems that some people would like to fill it with a new DC holiday, not related to any real culture. Ask to the OP why he/she thought about it. People like to see events, games AND new holiday dragons, that are nice and valuable since they can be find in cave or in AP only for a week per year. We don't NEED this. As we don't need telport, incubate, multiple Holidays and a new site skin. We just like them because they add interest and fun to the game itself. I would prefer to wait for a new amazing holiday dragon than what we actually do in June (nothing).

2) Yes, new dragons relased every year keep players to collect them. Actually I can't wait to see new Halloween dragons, but what's the point if there will be relased only Graves in cave as the previous year? It would be boring, indeed. I already know how it looks and I've already tried lineages with it. I wish a new dragon to be relased every year and loo how the hatchie grows up is fun.

3) The old summer holiday dragons will work as the majority of user will prefer.

Are they scared to miss the holiday summer time? They will probably want to have the old summer holiday dragons avaliable as CB all years.

Do they just want an extra holiday that doesn't resemble any real festivity? They will simple don't care and wish they could only be found CB in the year they will be relased.

The fact is that allowing to find them as CB every year doesn't harm anyone. To Lock them in a single year create problems for new users, instead.

So I wouldn't mind if there would be an event with mini-games from 14th to 21th July where you could find old summer holidays dragons AND normal dragon in cave. It will be a little more difficult to find them, but it's understandable since the year before they had 3 days of no-stop relase only for them. On 21th July here would be a new holiday relased for 3 days (or even more since during summer period people are usually on vacation).

The year after both old summer holiday dragons could be found in cave during the event-week.

4) I saw that people are hoping to let them breeding true through the year, but honestly I wouldn't support that. If they're meant to celebrate a specific holiday they should be true breedable only near that period, like all the other holidays.

Let's say that the first summer holiday dragon will be a seven-heads dragon. This seven-heads dragon could breed with pinks, moonstones etc during the entire year, but it would only gives pinks, moonstone and eggs of the partner. It would give you seven-heads eggs only during the week of its holiday.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I don't think the idea of having the same summer holiday dragon as a cb drop every year is feasible. That would be boring for the users and for the spriters. I think people would quickly start clamoring for new ones each year, which would lead to the summer holiday dragon being just like the current holiday dragons. So you get a no on that from me.

I don't think we should have another holiday dragon that works just like the Halloween, Christmas and Valentines dragons by dropping exclusively for that holiday then being breedable in subsequent years. I think three is enough. I don't want to lose an opportunity for a regular release to another holiday. So a no on that from me too.

That was why I suggested a themed release of regular cave dragons each year with the summer holiday. It would not be an exclusive holiday dragon. It would be a couple of regular ones, on a theme to go with the event. That way we don't have another special holiday dragon tying up one of our months to get new regular dragons, we don't have another busy week of people trying to line up all their past dragons for the week of special breeding. It's more relaxed for those people who vacation every year away from internet. Much less pressure on them.

Okay, I think this is a good idea, but then, do we really need to call it a holiday? Can't we just call it the "summer theme" instead? Do we also need minigames and such?

Because there is a long waiting time from S. Valentine and Hallowen and it seems that some people would like to fill it with a new DC holiday

Some people don't, so that point's moot.

I would prefer to wait for a new amazing holiday dragon than what we actually do in June (nothing).

We can have a June release. Again, I don't see why we can't work with Fiona's solution, or just regular releases, I'd rather have a dragon or two or three that can be gotten year round instead of some new exclusive that I can't breed properly until the next year.

The fact is that allowing to find them as CB every year doesn't harm anyone. To Lock them in a single year create problems for new users, instead.

No, but that's what comes with something being exclusive, which being a holiday dragon automatically entails. If you're going to not make it work like another holiday dragon despite calling it a holiday thus giving it an arbitrary value, why don't we work with Fiona's solution instead. And to be honest, if the old CBs can be gotten every year, I don't see the point of participating. Some people don't care for minigames, and even if they did, what's the point of clamoring for the new ones on the day of the holiday, who cares, you can still get it next year when it drops in-cave. It literally sucks out the specialness of it all.

So I wouldn't mind if there would be an event with mini-games from 14th to 21th July where you could find old summer holidays dragons AND normal dragon in cave.

Okay. That doesn't solve the problem for people who wait the entire year to get a better chance at CB rares. That to me sounds ridiculous because it will cause drama-"why can't we have straight CB holidays" "why can't we have just normal dragons"-and because people will probably neglect the holiday dragons gotten by breeding.

Normal breeds can just be increased in normal months. As you can see we had many relases with only 2 dragons in 2014. August gave us only 1 new dragon.

So I would suggest to increase the numer of dragons relased per time. 3 new breeds each months would increase a lot the normal breeds relased and would hold better the Completed long list issue. We had 3 dragons relased togheter in July ( Blue-Banded Dragon, Carmine Wyvern and Cassare Dragon were released). I didn't see anyone complaing it.

Call it whatever you want. This is a DC-holiday theme and I would like to see people enjoing it forever and not just for one year. We collect dragons, not mini-games.

No, but that's what comes with something being exclusive, which being a holiday dragon automatically entails.

You decided this. Being an holiday dragon meant to have only 2 for each holiday in scroll some monthes ago, but look! I have 9 Yulebucks right now. I think that the "exclusive" meaning should be given by the fact that they are true breedable only for a week near their holiday because it's the only restriction about them that wouldn't have sense to change.

We already have Snow Angels laid in 2013 (HM prizes). We have multiple CB holidays with the Halloween dragons who can be collected en mass. We shouldn't have an Holly breeding in June because it just doesn't have sense. (Vampire are an exception because they could actually kill/abandon the egg instead of turn it, and the egg itself would't be "breed" by them).

Edited by Naruhina_94

Normal breeds can just be increased in normal months. As you can see we had many relases with only 2 dragons in 2014. August gave us only 1 new dragon.

So I would suggest to increase the numer of dragons relased per time. 3 new breeds each months would increase a lot the normal breeds relased and would hold better the Completed long list issue. We had 3 dragons relased togheter in July ( Blue-Banded Dragon, Carmine Wyvern and Cassare Dragon were released). I didn't see anyone complaing it.

I still don't see why we can't have more dragons that are normal while releasing more dragons per release plus another release in June AS WELL. We can do both. Increase the number of dragons AND have a new release in June. Of course this is assuming that most people are not overwhelmed by having 3 dragons, because I know some people have a hard time with them, so there's that. I still don't see why 1 new dragon that's pretty much a breed fodder for the rest of the year should have precedence over 3 new dragons that are breedable and permanent every year, or perhaps as Fiona suggests, new normal dragons plus a holiday dragon.

Call it whatever you want. This is a DC-holiday theme and I would like to see people enjoing it forever and not just for one year. We collect dragons, not mini-games.

Exactly. We collect DRAGONS. That's why I'd prefer a NORMAL RELEASE instead of a holiday.

I think that the "exclusive" meaning should be given by the fact that they are true breedable only for a week near their holiday because it's the only restriction about them that wouldn't have sense to change

Another common factor of "exclusive" that you KEEP missing and REFUSING to address: they don't drop in-cave outside of their chosen year. As long as they DON'T do that, I'll be fine with it. I hardly think that you have 3 CB Yulebucks, for example.

I still don't see why we can't have more dragons that are normal while releasing more dragons per release plus another release in June AS WELL. We can do both. Increase the number of dragons AND have a new release in June. Of course this is assuming that most people are not overwhelmed by having 3 dragons, because I know some people have a hard time with them, so there's that. I still don't see why 1 new dragon that's pretty much a breed fodder for the rest of the year should have precedence over 3 new dragons that are breedable and permanent every year, or perhaps as Fiona suggests, new normal dragons plus a holiday dragon.

Exactly. We collect DRAGONS. That's why I'd prefer a NORMAL RELEASE instead of a holiday.

Another common factor of "exclusive" that you KEEP missing and REFUSING to address: they don't drop in-cave outside of their chosen year. As long as they DON'T do that, I'll be fine with it. I hardly think that you have 3 CB Yulebucks, for example.

Why don't cancel all holiday if you want just normal dragons at this point? xd.png

Holiday period are fun, people require them. Not me, this topic isn't mine! Holiday dragons are precious, look beautiul, have an alt sprites and celebrate something. They're not normal, but I think they worth 3 normal dragons. I would love to see normal dragons relased in the same month of holiday relases, but I think it would be overhelming. Try to imagine 3 new normal dragons relased at the beginning of December AND the holiday breeding week before the 24th. I wouldn't envy those who have to coordinate all these relases o.O

I don't want 3 CB yulebuck. I would love even just ONE CB !

Why don't cancel all holiday if you want just normal dragons at this point?

Because they're already a part of the game? That's a huge difference from suddenly making a new one.

Holiday period are fun, people require them.

I'm iffy about the "require" part. People like them, not NEED them. It's not like people are going to DIE without a new holiday.

Holiday dragons are precious, look beautiul, have an alt sprites and celebrate something

Are you saying that normal dragons aren't precious and beautiful?..............alt sprites that most people cannot get access to and HARASS the spriters for?......and yes they do celebrate things but that's not really a good reason for making a new one, imho

I think they worth 3 normal dragons.

Yeah, that's what you think though. Do tell me why people aren't as enthusiastic about making even gen lineages with holidays alone-that's because they have the breeding period restriction.

I would love to see normal dragons relased in the same month of holiday relases, but I think it would be overhelming.

You think that would be overwhelming but 3 dragons or 4 being released at the same time is not?....blink.gif okay lol

Try to imagine 3 new normal dragons relased at the beginning of December AND the holiday breeding week before the 24th. I wouldn't envy those who have to coordinate all these relases o.O

I think what Fiona means is something more like 2~3 dragons being released at once, one of which is a holiday dragon and the other two aren't. Please correct me Fiona if I'm wrong.

I don't want 3 CB yulebuck. I would love even just ONE CB !

What you WANT isn't a good reason for making an entirely new event though. Which is why this link exists.

Honestly, I can't find a single argument that logically explains why a new holiday is needed other than "it'll be fun!" and "because I want to!". Both of which are not actual explanations, unlike, say, the existence of BSAs which make it easier for users. I'd even venture to say that a new holiday would make it harder for users as it, again, takes up the spot for a normal release in exchange for something that cannot breed its own for a year.

We usually play for fun, indeed... and if holiday events are fun I don't see the point. I support one more holiday, that's all. If you want to hear more motivations go and ask to the OP or the other people who want it. I want it because is fun ad holiday dragons are usually nice. I would like to have another event-time. As I said, we don't NEED them, but we don't NEED to play, too... I just think that a mid-year holiday would give us something nice to do in summer. I wish to see summer holiday dragons, isn't that enought? Or we MUST have only winter-theme holiday dragons? I love variety AND I think it would be good the game!

Are you saying that normal dragons aren't precious and beautiful?..............alt sprites that most people cannot get access to and HARASS the spriters for?......and yes they do celebrate things but that's not really a good reason for making a new one, imho

Pff... don't put in my mouth words I didn't told. I love normal dragon and that's why I've proposed to relase more of them per month. If we have something to celebrate than yes, we need an holiday time.

We're already "celebrating" 1th April and Easter with just little games/jokes. A summer Holiday should be more intense and give us a new holiday dragon every year, imo. And I would love a DC only holiday, so what's the best moment than June / July? As I said S. Valentine and Halloween are far from each other.

You think that would be overwhelming but 3 dragons or 4 being released at the same time is not?

It's a different type of organiziation. A normal relase should last 3 days circa. An holiday breeding time should last 7 days of breeding with auto-AP eggs + 3 days for the new holiday dragon AND there is the event with mini games. It's really more huge to coding! It envolvs many artists, people who write the games and the events and I'm not even talk about Raffle! How can someone collect 4 new dragons (male and female for each one) and still have time, incubate and influence to handle an Holiday time? I think it would be easier to leave holiday month just to holiday relase, OR relase just 1 normal dragon.

It's what users want that keep the site alive. A manager asked to new employees what's better for the company. They replied "good publicity", "innovative features", "modern ideas". None of them gave the right answer: "customers".

Edited by Naruhina_94

We usually play for fun, indeed... and if holiday events are fun I don't see the point.

Yeah, but Holiday dragons aren't the only type of fun I can have. Why must it take precedence over others?

Pff... don't put in my mouth words I didn't told.

And I did not put words in your mouth. By putting the holiday dragons over the "normal" ones, even saying that you'd prefer one of them to 3 of the normal dragons, you DID suggest that they're not valuable, not as beautiful, etc.

We're already "celebrating" 1th April and Easter with just little games/jokes.

April Fool's day and Easter do not have dragon releases. If it is just a summer mini game, say building a sand castle, I wouldn't have any problems with it. In fact I think that'd cause much less drama than yet ANOTHER holiday dragon.

It's a different type of organiziation. A normal relase should last 3 days circa. An holiday breeding time should last 7 days of breeding with auto-AP eggs + 3 days for the new holiday dragon AND there is the event with mini games.

I don't see anything in your suggestion that doesn't suggest that somehow, the preparation for "normal" dragons and holiday dragons cannot be done together. Plan for the normal dragons. Plan for the holiday dragons at the same time. Plan an event. That's not something that's mutually exclusive. I don't think anyone would like yet another raffle during the summer, either, and that's an idea I haven't heard anyone talk of yet. Except for you. Nor have people agreed to have the new summer holiday drop for 3 days straight.

How can someone collect 4 new dragons (male and female for each one) and still have time, incubate and influence to handle an Holiday time?

Simple, because the normal dragon will be around forever, instead of the other holiday one, so I would imho, have one of each normal dragon, instead of 4, incubate, influence, and then make space for the holiday dragon, which wouldn't be around forever.

Done.

It's what users want that keep the site alive.

So we should do every.single.thing that every.single.user clamors for without looking at the pros and cons? Okay. Make all my eggs gold. Right now.

Edited by ylangylang

I think what Fiona means is something more like 2~3 dragons being released at once, one of which is a holiday dragon and the other two aren't. Please correct me Fiona if I'm wrong.

Yes, you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying 2 or 3 regular dragons. No special holiday dragons. While I like special holiday dragons as much as the next person, I just thought with the extra pressure people feel in the summer time with vacations and everything it would be better to do normal, permanent cave releases instead of a special holiday dragon. I'm sure they'll still want to rush to get the new dragons, but there won't be any of the added press of breeding past summer holiday specials that only breed true in that week.

We'd have a low key event, some kind of medieval fair perhaps, or a small carnival. Something simple and fun. Or maybe make past events more accessible for that week. Something simple.

Yes, you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying 2 or 3 regular dragons. No special holiday dragons. While I like special holiday dragons as much as the next person, I just thought with the extra pressure people feel in the summer time with vacations and everything it would be better to do normal, permanent cave releases instead of a special holiday dragon. I'm sure they'll still want to rush to get the new dragons, but there won't be any of the added press of breeding past summer holiday specials that only breed true in that week.

We'd have a low key event, some kind of medieval fair perhaps, or a small carnival. Something simple and fun. Or maybe make past events more accessible for that week. Something simple.

I would like that! If people have troubles on having a new holiday in summer time your solution would be great for June (which has currently no relases at all). The new holiday could be done in May for celebrating DC Birthday, for example.

Thank you! I would be quite happy with this.

Others have already expressed a preference for late July. May is the birthday month, and I don't think we want to change that. June is a lot of pressure on families with kids getting out of school and some have a lot of exams. Plus it's really close to the birthday celebration. I was thinking mid to late July would be the best time.

Others have already expressed a preference for late July. May is the birthday month, and I don't think we want to change that. June is a lot of pressure on families with kids getting out of school and some have a lot of exams. Plus it's really close to the birthday celebration. I was thinking mid to late July would be the best time.

I am personally a bit iffy on June as well because a lot of college kids have their finals duRing June.

The normal relase of July could be moved to June. No events, just 3 new dragons that will be avaliable forever. If the relase is done on the first days of the month it shouldn't interfere with exams. We already have a relase in July so... I wold like to see one in June, if it's possible.

This this this this. NOT another holiday dragon that shows up only once CB.

Fi I think I love you wub.gif

And I'd say it's a dead cert that the CB release of past holiday dragons IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN - the spriters are agin it, and they are only being reissued as HM prizes. So can people PLEASE stop asking for it.

If the spriters are against any relrelease of old holiday dragons... well, we need to respect their wishes.

THAT being said, a summer event of somekind along with one of the dragon releases, would be fun. Even if they were just ordinary release dragons, I am ALWAYS good with new dragons to hoard.

This this this this. NOT another holiday dragon that shows up only once CB.

Fi I think I love you wub.gif

And I'd say it's a dead cert that the CB release of past holiday dragons IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN - the spriters are agin it, and they are only being reissued as HM prizes. So can people PLEASE stop asking for it.

I'm sorry but I think that TJ should have the last word on this topic about old holidays, and you can't ask me to shut up if I think there is something wrong with the game. The last time I've checked my opinion worths something, so I'll continue to share it as you do.

I hope to find compromises that could help both parts and not just one. I truly feel sorry for those who will sign up the next year: 18 differents breeds that they will never be allowed to have as CBs? Nope, I don't agree with this. (And I'm not even counting Vampires, Frilled and Old Pink)

However if this topic is changed from "new Holiday Dragons" to "More relase/Events in Summer time" It should have its own new topic, imo.

Edited by Naruhina_94

If we must have another holiday -- and I would still prefer we didn't -- then I like Fiona's idea very much. Going through the whole holiday madness yet again in the summer is not something I feel a need for. If there was a new holiday dragon each summer I would feel obligated to collect it and breed lineages with it. That is what I do -- collect and breed dragons. But I really don't want that added pressure and it would take away the relatively relaxed time that I can now use to expand some of my other lineages and create new ones.

If we must have another holiday -- and I would still prefer we didn't -- then I like Fiona's idea very much. Going through the whole holiday madness yet again in the summer is not something I feel a need for. If there was a new holiday dragon each summer I would feel obligated to collect it and breed lineages with it. That is what I do -- collect and breed dragons. But I really don't want that added pressure and it would take away the relatively relaxed time that I can now use to expand some of my other lineages and create new ones.

This. And sure TJ will have the last word - but I doubt if he wants to lose his spriters. I know (if I could even DRAW !) that if I thought my wishes wouldn't be respected, I'd not sprite anything.

I didn't ask you to shut up, Naruhina_94, by the way. That would be rude. I said can people please (note the please) stop asking for this. It isn't relevant to this discussion anyway. But you were the one who brought it up - again:

Maybe this will also show people how much beautiful is don't have troubles in lineages even if you missed an old holiday and maybe it will help to reintroduce old CB holidays in cave during their breeding time, somehow.

YOU see something (several things, as I recall !) wrong with the game, Naruhina_94. An awful lot of us don't.

To be honest, I'm fine with having just one dragon per release. We have so many dragons already it's hard to keep count of them, so I don't think we really need 4 new breeds every time there is a release. If you guys want a regular, summer themed new dragon, I don't think there is any problem with that.

That said, I'm all with Fiona. I'm fine with having some cute event, like a sandcastle, or something along those lines, but not a holiday release like the ones we have on Christmas and Valentines (etc), an egg that will only be released ONCE and never again.

Sometimes, less is more. Right now we have three grand events every year, Christmas, Halloween and Valentines. Each of those events is stressful to plan and work out, specially for people who are working and have families to tend for. Summer is particularly nasty as people get vacations and like to go on holidays. I wouldn't want to have to plan my holidays accordingly, knowing I won't get another chance ever again at a CB of that specie.

In the end, I think something that is actually fun, would grow tedious and annoying.