kitsune93

New Holiday Dragons?

Yes, you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying 2 or 3 regular dragons. No special holiday dragons. While I like special holiday dragons as much as the next person, I just thought with the extra pressure people feel in the summer time with vacations and everything it would be better to do normal, permanent cave releases instead of a special holiday dragon. I'm sure they'll still want to rush to get the new dragons, but there won't be any of the added press of breeding past summer holiday specials that only breed true in that week.

We'd have a low key event, some kind of medieval fair perhaps, or a small carnival. Something simple and fun. Or maybe make past events more accessible for that week. Something simple.

That's my favorite solution, too.

We already have three major events - with something fun to do, plus breeding/catching/raising old holiday + a new holiday breed being introduced. We also have two minor events - the Easter Egg Hunt and the DC Birthday Event.

So, let the Summer Holiday Event just be a big release with several new breeds - the more, the merrier. Hopefully, that means less coding for TJ so he can spend some time for coding features instead. And we still get something special. In such a case, please don't make the "big release event" dragons be rare or too uncommon, or people who are on vacation or whatever won't be able to get them once they return. After all, we don't need another blusang or copper development for a bunch of dragons released all at once.

The normal relase of July could be moved to June. No events, just 3 new dragons that will be avaliable forever. If the relase is done on the first days of the month it shouldn't interfere with exams. We already have a relase in July so... I wold like to see one in June, if it's possible.

We can just have a normal release on June and the festivals in July. Idk why the festivals should overlap w DC's birthday, as that seems to literally take the meaning out of the word "summer festival".

And assuming that my exams are on the 17th, people need to study weeks before that, we don't study just the one day before the exams. I also agree with Fiona that it is a hectic time for others, like the kids returning from school, starting out your summer vacation, etc.

July makes more sence as it's the thick of summer and nicely put between the DC birthday and Halloween.

I had an interesting concept for a 'holiday' dragon that breeds more of its kind only one week of the year, but is available year to year. Rather than being a limited release, caveborns can still be collected by those who missed it because it comes out every single year. Since that seems to be the biggest issue people have with holidays, this idea of mine is more of an in-between. It's more like a seasonal dragon than a holiday, except its 'season' is restricted to only one week. I do have a situational reason for all this, so it's not just for the heck of it.

By the way my spriter for this seems to have disappeared, so if there's any spriters out there who want to work with this idea of mine I would greatly appreciate it.

Or a spriter for my halloween concept for future years since it's too late right now for it.

Anyone know how I find a spriter without PMing people randomly and possibly annoying them?

Edited by zaverxi

...I wouldn't mind a Midsummer holiday dragon myself. Or a batch of them. I even came up with two breed names relating to the holiday itself~ Bonfires and Maypoles. tongue.gif

I shouldn't be listening to classical music. Now I'm getting ideas for new Halloween dragons.

Edited by Beldarius

I would really like this. And it might help for dragons who didn't make the cut for the holidays, they could make it into a new holiday.

I like the idea of a midsummer festival with no new holiday dragons. Personally I'd put it starting on the summer solstice (21st June) because that's easy to remember as a date, and because I'd prefer not having an arbitrarily chosen date for a yearly festival. Either that or the Autumn Equinox, but that's 23rd Sept so probably to close to halloween.

I think someone wanted not June because of finals and kids getting out of school etc but tbh I am in the southern hemisphere and I've always had university finals over HALLOWEEN, which is a much bigger thing in DC due to zombie attempts and unlimited CB, so I guess I don't care about catering to people when it's perfectly doable.

Not sure if this has been suggested or not, but maybe something like a Mid year event where it will have a dragon - maybe a fireworks dragon? - that will come out every year during this time? That way, the newbies can still have this sprite and no one will miss out?

I still prefer regular releases to holiday releases, but I just wanted to say: if we add another holiday, I hope we just do release and don't try to throw another event in. Events are stressful on all involved and could mean even less regular releases because of the work that has to get put into them.

Although, I would be all for reworking currently holidays. Right now, all our holidays are pretty much all squished in together. Perhaps??? (I honestly don't know; it could go either way; it may mean just the same stress but all year instead of the end/beginning of the year) if they were spread out it would mean less stress on artists and TJ to implement them. (To be clear, I'm saying to get rid of or change the date of our current holidays so we can intersperse them throughout the year more.)

I don't mind a summer event, but I do NOT want another "Holiday" that adds more limited dragons. The 3 Holidays for limited dragons is quite enough for me, thank you very much! Even though I do love them.

Cheers!

C4.

I still prefer regular releases to holiday releases, but I just wanted to say: if we add another holiday, I hope we just do release and don't try to throw another event in. Events are stressful on all involved and could mean even less regular releases because of the work that has to get put into them.

Although, I would be all for reworking currently holidays. Right now, all our holidays are pretty much all squished in together. Perhaps??? (I honestly don't know; it could go either way; it may mean just the same stress but all year instead of the end/beginning of the year) if they were spread out it would mean less stress on artists and TJ to implement them. (To be clear, I'm saying to get rid of or change the date of our current holidays so we can intersperse them throughout the year more.)

Please no. I like the fact that they cluster a bit - we get time for regular releases in between (not to mention Summer Vacations... smile.gif)

Regular releases have been considerably neglected lately - we've not had one since - oh yes, before last Hallowe'en... sad.gif

I prefer more regular releases. None of the suggestion here takes in consideration different calendars than US calendar - I'll give an example, summer is in january for me, in july we have winter - so, again, the "holiday" will have no meaning in my culture - I enjoy the 3 current events because I like to celebrate with other people, but they don't have a particular meaning to me because in december is summer, we don't have halloween nor valentine's day here. I would like to see a holiday that is more universal than seasons or US festivities, if another one would be added to DC calendar. Otherwhise, I would love to see more new dragons releases.

No thanks !

And BTW no-one but the US cares about July 4th. Just saying !

Confession time: I live in the US, and pretty much my only opinion of the Fourth of July is MOAR FIREWORKS!! Though a firework-related Eastern dragon (we need more Easterns, TJ) would be cool, even if unrelated to July 4.

I'd prefer a regular release. In fact, I'd like a couple of regular releases that have more than one dragon. Let's have some more of those babies on the completed list come to life already instead of mouldering away and ignored...

Edited by MedievalMystic

Yes, we do need more Easterns.

Maybe TJ could exchange the next Easter Egg Hunt event to a mass-release of Eastern dragons? We'd still get to hunt Eastern eggs this way... wink.gif

Confession time

DO NOT LIKE EASTERN dragons >.< lol. though I do like the idea of a fireworks dragon related thing..... also I live in the US and honestly, 4th of July bores me

I hope we get another egg slot...or two...and more mass releases. By 'mass release' I mean 2-4 dragons tops. I don't think I'd want more than that released at once because of the limited slots. Then again...

It would be nice if TJ had a 'mass release' party once a year, where every day for one week a new dragon would be released. Yes, that seems to contradict the above statement, but it would be like the last mass release we had where you'd kind of have to pick and choose how you were going to collect the dragons. It seems to me that something like this would put the entire user base on a more even playing field dragon wise. Someone might snag a pair of dragons that you didn't get any of and that would encourage trade...I think. I don't trade much and don't pay too much attention to what's being said about it except in passing. All I know is that trading is somehow messed up. Maybe something like this could help that. Someone with a CB Prize dragon might not have gotten any of a certain dragon that turns out to be a very uncommon or even a rare. You snagged a pair. You can both get valuable 2nd gens from each other. Yeah, some people wouldn't get CB's of some of them and that might be an issue. Actually, it probably would be a huge issue, unfortunately. There's always a catch.

I enjoyed the last release of 7 dragons. It drove me nuts, but I loved it. I was sweating bullets the entire time, wondering if I'd miss any of the dragons, which I should grab more of, which I should grab less of, was one going to be RARE? My blood pressure was definitely up. It was exciting. What I miss on this site is excitement. Surprises. The unexpected. Things that get my blood up. For me, this kind of crazy release would be something I'd relish, just like the last one. Imo, what the cave is lacking is excitement. If TJ's going to release more dragons, I'm all for creative ways to do it, rather than the same old boring monthly thing or some new holiday. I do appreciate the monthly dragons, I really do, and I appreciate holidays. But it's expected. I think the site needs more of the unexpected, but that's just me.

However TJ decides to release dragons around here, I'm glad for every single one of them. I just really don't want another holiday dragon. I'm all for anything that will release many more of the regular dragons faster, or something along the lines 1-2 multiple releases at once a time or two a year. Something. NO to another holiday, please.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I hope we get another egg slot...or two...and more mass releases. By 'mass release' I mean 2-4 dragons tops. I don't think I'd want more than that released at once because of the limited slots. Then again...

It would be nice if TJ had a 'mass release' party once a year, where every day for one week a new dragon would be released. Yes, that seems to contradict the above statement, but it would be like the last mass release we had where you'd kind of have to pick and choose how you were going to collect the dragons. It seems to me that something like this would put the entire user base on a more even playing field dragon wise. Someone might snag a pair of dragons that you didn't get any of and that would encourage trade...I think. I don't trade much and don't pay too much attention to what's being said about it except in passing. All I know is that trading is somehow messed up. Maybe something like this could help that. Someone with a CB Prize dragon might not have gotten any of a certain dragon that turns out to be a very uncommon or even a rare. You snagged a pair. You can both get valuable 2nd gens from each other. Yeah, some people wouldn't get CB's of some of them and that might be an issue. Actually, it probably would be a huge issue, unfortunately. There's always a catch.

I enjoyed the last release of 7 dragons. It drove me nuts, but I loved it. I was sweating bullets the entire time, wondering if I'd miss any of the dragons, which I should grab more of, which I should grab less of, was one going to be RARE? My blood pressure was definitely up. It was exciting. What I miss on this site is excitement. Surprises. The unexpected. Things that get my blood up. For me, this kind of crazy release would be something I'd relish, just like the last one. Imo, what the cave is lacking is excitement. If TJ's going to release more dragons, I'm all for creative ways to do it, rather than the same old boring monthly thing or some new holiday. I do appreciate the monthly dragons, I really do, and I appreciate holidays. But it's expected. I think the site needs more of the unexpected, but that's just me.

However TJ decides to release dragons around here, I'm glad for every single one of them. I just really don't want another holiday dragon. I'm all for anything that will release many more of the regular dragons faster, or something along the lines 1-2 multiple releases at once a time or two a year. Something. NO to another holiday, please.

I DO agree. I loved that 7 day thing. It was scary. xd.png

I loved that 7 day thing. It was scary. xd.png.png

Omg, was it ever scary! lmao That's what I loved about it. My blood pressure hasn't been that high in a while around here. laugh.gif

Hey TJ, you hearing this?

As fun as the current holidays are, I'd rather not have more added for the simple reason that they already take up 3-4 months that'd otherwise be times for normal releases (since January tends to get skipped over due to the Christmas / VDay crunch). Now, if was a holiday that DIDN'T involve event dragons, but just a day specifically slated for a new normal dragon release and maybe an event, that could be fun. :3

I don't really feel we need more holiday specific dragons :S

They take up a lot of time and leaves no room for regular releases for such a long time.

However I do like the idea of a summer faire or carnival in the summer with a handfull of regular releases and maybe a small, simple event. I don't mind not having an event or 'special occasion' for a mass-release, but it could be fun tongue.gif

However I do like the idea of a summer faire or carnival in the summer with a handfull of regular releases and maybe a small, simple event. I don't mind not having an event or 'special occasion' for a mass-release, but it could be fun tongue.gif

No to this... Why does the the minority in the southern hemisphere have to celebrate your summer? IMO, i prefer a mid year celebration (last 2 days tops) that releases the same dragon each year, that way newbies don't miss out on getting a CB and fits in with everyone time of the year - as it don't celebrate a season, but a day itself....

(Also the reason why I wish there was a southern hemisphere version on the seasonal dragon. )

Edited by aussieJJDude

No to this... Why does the the minority in the southern hemisphere have to celebrate your summer? IMO, i prefer a mid year celebration (last 2 days tops) that releases the same dragon each year, that way newbies don't miss out on getting a CB and fits in with everyone time of the year - as it don't celebrate a season, but a day itself....

(Also the reason why I wish there was a southern hemisphere version on the seasonal dragon. )

Not everyone celebrates christmas in winter, and we do have that on DC.

I just think a carneval or faire would be a nice and simple thing which is appropriate to the time DC is set in, it dose not need to be a celebration of summer, maybe a traveling caravan or faire passing by once a year could be something too. A bit like what we had the last two years with the halloween event, just, less spooky and without the fate of the would on an edge smile.gif

I see your point with people on the southern hemisphere, but to me it is kind of the same thing as with timezones, I think it is fine that DC follows a specific point in the world as a reference to time and seasons.

Not everyone celebrates christmas in winter, and we do have that on DC.

I just think a carneval or faire would be a nice and simple thing which is appropriate to the time DC is set in, it dose not need to be a celebration of summer, maybe a traveling caravan or faire passing by once a year could be something too. A bit like what we had the last two years with the halloween event, just, less spooky and without the fate of the would on an edge smile.gif

I see your point with people on the southern hemisphere, but to me it is kind of the same thing as with timezones, I think it is fine that DC follows a specific point in the world as a reference to time and seasons.

Yes, but christmas time is centered around a winter theme. Even in australia, people use "icicles" and "snow" to decorate their home/tree/whaterevertheywanttodecorate. smile.gif

I don't see how time zones and hemispheres are the same. Even though one side of earth is in day time and the other is at night, people can have as much "collecting" time as possible with a 2 day period... smile.gif

I don't see how time zones and hemispheres are the same. Even though one side of earth is in day time and the other is at night, people can have as much "collecting" time as possible with a 2 day period... smile.gif

Seasons are a bit similar, you can collect just as many dragons during March as you can during September, no matter where you are from.

I just like the OPs suggestion of a "summer"-event, activity or occasion to have one or more releases of a few new dragons. Specially having it be something like the Summer Solstice since it was celebrated in the medieval as well and thus fits DCs lore. happy.gif

It dose not have to have a theme, I am fine with something neutral too, we do have 5 months of non-event months after May (where we have Dcs birthday, which usually involves something).