kitsune93

New Holiday Dragons?

I'd maybe be ok with a really small summer event that re-releases the last valentines and christmas release for those who missed out. They could be mixed with other eggs in the cave, it should still be fairly easy to grab them, since only users who don't have 2 yet could grab them.

But I'm on the "no more holidays" side, it's nice to have half the year for regular releases and breeding projects.

No more Holidays Please! I'd so much rather have more REGULAR Releases than another set of dragons you can only have two of and who can only breed in their 'special' season.

But I'd like to be able to rearrange and play with the wreath and the fort and the tree and the love cave. I guess I'd be ok with the Faire or Carnival as long as it didn't take the place of a new Release.

No more Holidays Please! I'd so much rather have more REGULAR Releases than another set of dragons you can only have two of and who can only breed in their 'special' season.

Me too.

Not least because it is nice to be able to work on BREEDING for a big chunk of the year, without having to worry about space, getting what we need for holiday checkers, and so on and so on (though that was even MORE fun when new releases were SCHEDULED...)

Recently, there have been many holidays that have come to prominence in our society. We have become more aware of the existence of other beliefs and sometimes celebrate them too. Things such as Hanukkah, Chinese New Year are now quite widespread. I personally think that having dragons based off of these holidays would be quite cool. I'm not sure whether it would be offensive and/or inappropriate to do so, but if it's possible, we could always add more in somehow. It doesn't even need to follow our calendar exactly. Who knows when dragons celebrate their own holidays?

Recently, there have been many holidays that have come to prominence in our society.  We have become more aware of the existence of other beliefs and sometimes celebrate them too.  Things such as Hanukkah, Chinese New Year are now quite widespread.  I personally think that having dragons based off of these holidays would be quite cool.  I'm not sure whether it would be offensive and/or inappropriate to do so, but if it's possible, we could always add more in somehow.  It doesn't even need to follow our calendar exactly.  Who knows when dragons celebrate their own holidays?

yea this could be nice

the more the merrier i say!

i think in the middle of summer there should be some sort of holiday that dragons celebrate

Edited by blockEdragon

I'd maybe be ok with a really small summer event that re-releases the last valentines and christmas release for those who missed out. They could be mixed with other eggs in the cave, it should still be fairly easy to grab them, since only users who don't have 2 yet could grab them.

But I'm on the "no more holidays" side, it's nice to have half the year for regular releases and breeding projects.

Pretty much this. Holidays already require a huge amount of time and preplanning - I've been working on a Halloween project since the end of May, and I know some people start looking for holiday mates as soon as the holiday dragons grow to adulthood. I don't think we need another holiday. It's nice to have this window of downtime between Valentines and Halloween where we can just do normal stuff - raise releases, work on scroll goals, breed stuff, do experiments, w/e.

Taking a few months break from the holiday craze (Halloween, Christmas and Valentine events are all pretty close together) suits me pretty well - it gives me plenty of time to find suitable mates for my dragons to be ready for the next wave.

Besides, we already have monthly regular releases so there's plenty of stuff to collect (just see the current Herald thread) and while I wouldn't mind another holiday dragon, I can't really think of any important ones celebrated during the summer worldwide.

There are enough holidays already. They MASSIVELY disrupt everything else, and while they are fun, we REALLY don't need any more. It's nothing to do with being offensive or not, just - please, no.

There are enough holidays already. They MASSIVELY disrupt everything else, and while they are fun, we REALLY don't need any more. It's nothing to do with being offensive or not, just - please, no.

I agree, we don't need any more Holidays. Because for each limited Holiday release, we LOOSE a regular release. And I much prefer regular releases to the Holidays! Don't get me wrong, I like the Holidays, but 4 a year is more than enough for me.

Because don't forget.... The Prize dragons also cost us a new release, because nothing happens in January to accommodate them.

I'm find with October to February being "easy releases" (aka Holidays) because that's when people are most busy. But the summer....! Lets keep playtime, shall we?

Cheers!

C4.

I agree, we don't need any more Holidays. Because for each limited Holiday release, we LOOSE a regular release. And I much prefer regular releases to the Holidays! Don't get me wrong, I like the Holidays, but 4 a year is more than enough for me.

Because don't forget.... The Prize dragons also cost us a new release, because nothing happens in January to accommodate them.

I'm find with October to February being "easy releases" (aka Holidays) because that's when people are most busy. But the summer....! Lets keep playtime, shall we?

Cheers!

C4.

I oculdn't agree more. With the regular monthly releases, we're quite busy from March till September, and we usually have nothing but holiday releases in October, December and February (plus the raffle prizes) for the rest of the year. With a little luck, we get a release in November, but that's not a given.

Considering there are literally hundreds of finished dragon concepts on the public completed list alone, not to mention those we don't know about from the artists' section and maybe some more private projects, I really don't want to see another 1-breed holiday release that costs us a regular release that might feature several different breeds.

I wouldn't mind an activity during the March to September period. Not coinciding or connected to a release - just an activity. I would like one or more of the previous holiday activities we have already had opened for a short period. There are several other suggestions and ideas for this possibility, so I won't go into a lot of detail. I don't think we need another holiday per se, but an activity would be nice.

Also, as to the other world holidays out there, hasn't TJ already said that offering a dragon based on one of them for our present holidays would be fine? No such dragon has been offered, so he has no chance to put one in cave - or something like that is what he said, I think. So if you want a Kwanza, Hanukkah, or other holiday type dragon represented create one and offer it up.

Doesn't the Easter Egg Hunt happen during that period? wink.gif

And, yes, TJ stated that the holiday dragons may represent a non-Christian / non-American holiday. The Solstices, for example, are definitely not typical Christmas-y dragons. And the Heartstealers look like a mix of Valentine and Chinese New Year to me. smile.gif

Just wondering why new Holiday Dragons are needed, if we have monthly Releases?

Not really necessary to add new Holidays, don't you think?

Doesn't the Easter Egg Hunt happen during that period? wink.gif

And, yes, TJ stated that the holiday dragons may represent a non-Christian / non-American holiday. The Solstices, for example, are definitely not typical Christmas-y dragons. And the Heartstealers look like a mix of Valentine and Chinese New Year to me. smile.gif

Yeah, it does. But I keep hoping for something along the lines of "Christmas in July" or similar that allows us to revisit old events during the time between holiday releases. I should have posted "the May to September period" I guess.