Kirito

Supernatural

"Uh sure why not not."he reached for the cup looking into it putting it up to his nose smelling it and then up to his mouth and chugged it down the drink tasting like regular coffee but he senses coming back. He cracked his neck and fingers " Man dude you now what you talking about but some people said they lived here and said I can stay." He then thought about the what he said before he gave it to him " The energy we use comes from inside of us it basically feeds off our life force but it eventually replenishes after a while, but use to much and you burn from the inside out."

((Lucifer and Tanner are about to join the party biggrin.gif))

Lucifer and Tanner stood in an awkward silence. "You wanna go to the coffee shop down the street?" Lucifer asked finally. Tanner shrugged. "Sure. Let me just get this stuff on..." he said, pulling his windbreaker over his tattered shirt. He tugged on his gloves, flexing his fingers before concealing his tail. "Alright. Let's go."

Lucifer grinned. "Great!" He then proceeded to drag Tanner the two blocks to the coffe shop. He let go just as Tanner almost regained his balance, causing Tanner to stumble through the door and land flat on his face. "LUCIFER, YOU FREAKIN' IDIOT! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Tanner shouted.

Lucifer merely raised an eyebrow. He could sense an abundance of supernatural creatures in the shop, not including Tanner and himself. "Come sit down, partner. No need to make yerself look even more stupid." Tanner growled animalistically. "This coming from someone dressed as a cowboy."

Lucifer ignored him and glanced around, drooping visibly when he saw Skinner sitting with another man he didn't recognize. "Why him?" He muttered. His eyes scanned the room. He could sense a werewolf in here somewhere... it had been a while since he had ran into one. The werewolves fascinated him, though that probably came from the fact that his mentor was also intrigued by them. Maybe he could find a way to talk to the one in here...

((Oh my gosh, I wrote this a first time and accidentally deleted it so I had to write it AGAIN tongue.gif))

Edited by polaristar

Skinner glanced up and the mug was gone. He looked up and panicked at the boy downing the drink all at once, "no nO NO NO NO!", he yelled as he set the mug down. He was speechless, staring at the boy with his mouth open in surprise. Did he realize what he just did?, "Dude!", he yelled then looked around the mostly empty cafe. Or maybe it wasn't so empty. It was hard to see with the all the electronics in the area fried. The only light was coming from the dim lights that were powered by the back up generator humming in the back ally. He lowered his voice before continuing, "You didn't let me finish it", he hissed over the table, "that was just meth and coffee."

Oh well. If the kid dies it's his fault, not Skinner's. What did he think he needed all those weird things he asked the waitress to get him? He glanced up at the sound of a rather rude outburst and immediately looked back down at the table. Goddammit he cursed. It was the jackass cowboy guy and some other chap. Great. He thought this place was concealed enough to keep a low profile. Nope, everyone from the college seemed to follow one another.

(Don't worry wizards have a aren't really affected by drugs at least that's what I think I'm basing my character off of a series I'm reading tongue.gif)

He looked at the cup" uhhh was I not supposed to do that but I do feel good now though like I've got every ounce of power I lost and more!" He looked around seeing more people come in "hey aren't those the guys that were at the school to I mean the ones I saw jump off the building before me and you?" He also noticed the lower outage to as an ops come out of his mouth " Ya but the power that was me to didn't know it would affect such a wide range I didn't even put that much power in it."he laughed out loud picking up his staff "hey buddy you from Texas?"he shouted at him still hyped up.

Tanner, sensing the obvious dislike between Lucifer and Skinner, decided it was best to move away from the crazy cowboy. "I'm just gonna go... sit somewhere else..." he said. "You -" Lucifer declared, grabbing Tanner's wrist, "- need to relax." Tanner yanked away his hand forcefully, accidentally ripping the glove in half, causing it to fall to the floor. He gasped in horror, ignoring the question from the man at the other table.

Tanner's previously covered scales were now visible. They were jet black, with swirls of gold. His scales glittered and seemed to dance, even in the dim lighting. "Dang it, Lucifer! Look what you've done!" He hissed.

Lucifer gulped visibly. The last thing he wanted to do was anger the dragon man. "Sorry. Pure accident!" He stuttered. Tanner snarled in a distinctly dragonlike way.

Tanner was mad. Ok, so maybe that was an understatement. He was fuming! Mad enough that his inner dragon had came out to play.

Kill them! They won't know what hit them, and your secret will be safe. It hissed in maniacal glee. "No no no no no..." Tanner murmured, clutching his head. He couldn't let the dragon inside of him come out. Because whenever it did, death followed.

(((It's Wizard Meth though. Skinner made it)))

Skinner looked at Aaron in disbelief, "Thats becasue you just drank meth you moron", he said, there wasn't even anything special about it. It was a psychostimulant and caffeine." He couldn't believe this kid. He was blindly trusting and impulsive. A dangerous brand of idiot in his opinion. Skinner sat back and drank his coffee. He would now have to explain that he no longer needed the strange ingredient he asked their waitress for. He thought more about what Aaron said about how his power works, "That system sounds terribly inefficient", he commented. Skinner couldn't imagine using XM that drained his life as well.

Skinner impulsively kicked Aaron in the shin when he started yelling across the restaurant at the people he was trying to avoid talking to. God he was going to have to dine and dash to get away from all of these freaks. The connotation was only solidified when the cowboy ripped the glove off of the other male. His skin was black and scaly and, well, not like skin at all. He recognized the color and pattern as the dragon he saw plummeting off the roof earlier. He guessed anyway. It was dark then and it was dark now. All he knew was that he had a strand hand and was pissed at Wild Bill. He turned away, uninterested in the fiasco happening in the corner.

Edited by padfoot

Luna popped her head back up over the countertop when she heard a distinct growl.

Literal hackles raising as her fear rose, her skin darkened as her coat started to come out, her eyes yellowed but she managed to hold back her fangs and claws...

She ducked back down just in time for her wolf ears to spring up.

"Now? Really?!" She thought.

Luckily for her, Daniel walked back in right then, doing his best to act casual. He had found a flashlight while he was in the store room and had come back out with a packet of Mentos, by some miracle.

"Here you go. Is everyone alright?" He asked, glancing around the room with the weak glimmer of the flashlight as his only guide.

His eyes caught on metallic scales, like molten gold swirling through oil.

He shuffled his wings slightly under his shirt- stirring them just enough to feel the air, which was his own personal method of "reading the room". Most true angels had telepathy, but his only seemed to work when either his wings were out on display or moving- even miniscule amounts worked well, like now.

Imagine his surprise when he realized what a variety of creatures had suddenly walked into the Starbucks.

He sighed.

"Okay, what's going on? I can feel the dark magic rolling off you two."He started bluntly, crossing his arms and looking at the alchemist and the magician before he turned to the other pair, though not directing towards them per se. He just honestly didn't know why so many supernaturals were gathered in one place. "Also, humans own this place, so if you're looking for a fight, please take it outside. I don't want to have to explain to the owner why the shop was broken to bits AGAIN." He finished.

He noticed a third newcomer in a corner of the shop, but he hadn't been able to get a strong reading from her like he had the others, so he assumed that she might not have anything to do with this.

Edited by makenziec123

He turned around looking at him stunned " hey what was that for jeez and am I ganna have any other side affects die to what you just gave me?"he asked looking at the counter as a flash light beam hit the guys hand and saw a flash bounce off "Ya were cool well at least I am and dude what's up with your hand?" He said walking away from the table and to the guy with the weird hand he focused a bit sending out sensory tendrils covering the top of his staff with his sweater to hide the glow of the runes to see what the guy was until he noticed that there were to supernatural beings behind the counter. Which knocked some sense into him his face became solemn and he became aware of everything around him. He looked back at skinner "I never got your name?"and in a slight whisper he added " be ready there are at least five other supernatural in here."

Lucifer could sense the powerful, unearthly magic rolling off the man that had just walked in. Some sort of nephilim, probably. He noticed Tanner was holdong his head, a pained expression on his face. What was up with him?

Tanner groaned in quiet agony as his dragon side grew louder. He knew it would unleash itself, whether he wanted it to or not. With that realized, he bolted out of the store, stumbling to a flickering streetlight. His animalistic roar echoed throughout the quiet streets. His wings tore through his jacket, and his tail freed itself. Tanner's formerly calm eyes were now glowing with a dragon's fury. He roared again, his tail lashing back and forth. The dragon had been unleashed.

"I never told you" Skinner said with a shrug, "So? I deal with weirder censorkip.gif than everyone in here daily", He said. Why was this kid so itching for a fight? Eighty five percent of confrontations can be solved without resorting to physical violence. Well at least this roof was conveniently filled with people that didn't care what anyone else was. Wait, no. Everyone in here was acting like they had never seen anything other than a human. What? Did Aaron think he was the only one that said he could use magic or that the scaly fellow is th only dragon? The world is filled with things like them, bigger and smaller.

Speaking of bigger, the scaly one suddenly growled and dashed outside. To change into his twenty foot dragon form no doubt. Skinner merely picked up his mug of coffee and moved to a table farther away from the front. He was human after all. You didn't have to be creative to kill him. However, he was worried about someone calling the police or worse, Skinner getting a envelope with dragon boy's name on it. that wouldn't be that hard. I have read of a few ways to catch or kill dragons he thought as he watched the transformation outside and jotted some notes down on a old leather pad he produced from his back pocket. Knowledge is power after all.

Edited by padfoot

"Uh I don't know if I want to chase him or that or what ever."he questioned himself " what happened to the nice calm city of new York with one or two murders here and there and a little mugging in between."he said sighing and then taking a deep breath" And you two behind the counter your secrets out so mine as well be ready for a fight to. And what do you think your doing?" He pointed his staff at him.

Edited by Kirito

Luna sighed, knowing there was now use in hiding behind the counter any more, so she let her nerves take the wheel and felt her wolven form flow to the surface- like paint on canvas, she easily melted into the huge, snow white canine and swirling black henna-tattoo-like marks on her pelt.

She pattered out on wary paws, coming to stand defensively before Daniel's feet, her broad shoulder at about hip-level of the tall bean-stalkish boy.

Of course, brave idiot that Daniel was, almost as soon as Luna stopped in front of him, he had dashed out the door after the dragon.

It wasn't until he was outside that he realized he had no idea what to do from here.

So, on instinct, he pushed his wings through the nearly unnoticeable slits in his shirt, one of his wings white as the moon above and the other as dark as the abyss.

Nephilim have always been unnaturally strong- and Daniel was no exception. He probably didn't weight more than a buck twenty at his heaviest, but when you're a nephilim... sometimes it's the strength of your soul that really counts.

(((The NYPD hold the record for most arrests leading to death)))

Skinner glanced up from what he was writing and looked up at Aaron. He was pointing his staff at him and muttering some latin. Skinner's brow furrowed. He was threatening him now? He remained calm, "What? I'm writing", he pointed to his pad, "better question would be what are you doing? That particular formula is just for illusions in general. So it could do what you want. Or it could make it look like King King is back". He nodded to the staff still pointed at him, "NOw I would appreciate it if you didn't point that at me in such a dangerous manner".

Rena stayed silent as the events began to unfold, debating on whether to be entertained or worried. When the hybrid began to shift, however, even her interest had been piqued and a coy smile formed across her lips, but slipped away when the others began to take action. Shrugging to herself mainly, she sat back in her seat and propped her feet up on the table. For now, she was just going to bear witness and if action was necessary then maybe she'd step in.

((Thank you makenzie for actually noticing I posted... that or I was largely ignored by the others... *shrugs* Anywho...))

He scowled at skinner and turned around and walked out the door calmly and looked at the hybrid when he noticed the presence of a ghost or phantom or what ever it was. He spoke into the air felling kind of stupid "Uh hello I'd your out there it would be much appreciated if you helped us out." He looked at the half angel " hey nice wings what can you do?"he said grinning.

"Um. I fly? And sense certain emotions and things when I move them?" Daniel replied somewhat uncertainly and blinked.

"Shouldn't we be trying to help him right now though?" He asked and gestured towards the dragon.

((You're welcome smile.gif I know I always hate feeling left out. Also, if you guys don't mind, call me Mak smile.gif ))

When a voice began echoing in Rena's head, she began to scan the area feeling for where it might have originated. Of course, it wasn't difficult to find the recruiter as he had just asked the werewolf and nephilim to assist in subduing the hybrid. Sighing, Rena phased from her seat and outside then strode up to stand next to the magician. Tapping him on the shoulder, she waited until he looked into her blood red slits and merely made a biting motion.

"Don't treat me like I'm some kind of ghost or something. I have a physical body."

As she finished her explanation, large black wings sprouted from her back, red veins running through the webbing adding a darker look that just straight black wings. A tail extended from her rear, the last foot or so gently resting against the ground. Scales rode up from her finger tips, along the top of her hand and forearm and thickening until they reached her shoulders. Claws extended from her fingertips and curled into fishhook shapes, honing the same black and red combination as her wings. Finally, a pair of horns stretched out from where a human's temporal lobe would have been and extended out behind her head, almost forming a Romanesque-style crown.

Once her own transformation was complete, she paused for a moment and then reverted back to her original state. Sticking her tongue out at the boy and taking a few steps forward.

"If that Nephilim can't handle this on his own, then he's a poor excuse for a demon/angel hybrid. In my tongue, Zeganths are not worth the energy of using our true form. Also, if you are pondering what Zeganths means... simply, that dragon hybrid is a censorkip.gif*** child in my kinds eyes, breeding with a human is a forbidden practice and those who do are usually exiled."

"Ummm wow ok well exile that's a little hard don't you think I mean we're only humans and why are you her for entertainment."he laughed out loud looking into her eyes " nice eyes by the way and stunning transformation also did you just trash talk the half angel aren't they supposed to have god on there side or something?"he said turning away from her and turned back to the dragon readying himself for an attack.

"Nephilim are the children of angels and humans. Anyone could tell you that." Daniel bit back bitterly. "There is no proper name for an angel/demon child, but I can assure you, an angel and a demon would never get along well enough to hold a conversation, much less have a child." He finished, his wings flaring up with his temper at the semi-racist statement. Such a child would never even survive that amount of power- it would burst into pieces before it was even conceived.

Luna, still inside, glanced around the room. Her hackles were still raised, making the regal she-wolf look even larger than she already was, but she decided to try and communicate with the people in the room.

Concentrating, she let the henna-like markings on her fur slide off and onto the floor- like shiny, darkly colored mercury.

Then she twisted and turned the pencil in her mind until the words finally formed;

"Does anyone have even the slightest idea what's going on right now?"

((Also, zakku, have you started season two of RWBY yet? I'm tempted to watch it but I also want to just spend one day bingeing so I don't have to wait for the next one xd.png))

Edited by makenziec123

"Oh? Forgive me, but you smell of both. Anyway, yeah, I was just gonna watch for entertainment. Only if the Zeganths managed to best all of you and proceed to attack me would I step in. Of course, you all might be dead, but what concern should I have for a bunch of strangers?"

Maybe that was too harsh, but at the same time, she didn't want to just fall in line like some puppet and the master was this scrawny little mage that would make a nice little snack. As if to further indicate her unwillingness to assist, Rena walked back into the shop and looked at the partially transformed werewolf behind the counter and then at the menu.

"Nothing you should concern yourself with. On the other hand, would you mind getting me a... venti hot chocolate with a shot of caramel and whipped cream on top? Throat feels a little dry."

((I have and, in my personal opinion, I think it has been going fantastically so far. The episodes are averaging 13min in length, the longest so far being 19min. Not a lot of action is going on, but there are some nifty little fight scenes. Anyway, what you decide is totally up to your own opinion. I watch them as they come out, but bingeing wouldn't be a horrible idea... assuming you can wait for like... 6-8 more episodes to be released.))

Skinner ripped a few strips of paper from the back page of his pad and stuffed them in his pocket. He closed his notebook and slipped it into his breast pocket for easy access later. He watched as a girl told off Aaron and marched into the coffee shop. He hadn't heard the conversation but he assumed it had the same attitude as Skinner's. He wasn't going to risk his safety becasue a boy was geared up for a fight. Come to think of it, Aaron was acting rather rude to him. And to think that Skinner was the reason that he was even able to fight. He smiled when the new girl ordered a hot chocolate. Judging by such a calm demeanor as a dragon Godzilla-ed it up outside, Skinner could guess that she wasn't human either. Damn, it was rather refreshing to see a normal person for a change. He had been around so many fae tonight he couldn't wait till he was able to relax around a bunch of his kind in class tomorrow. Skinner jotted his phone number on the pieces of paper as he observed the events in the shop. He looked at the new woman when she finished placing her order, 'SO how do you know these chuckle****s?" he asked.

Whether the werewolf was actually going to respond to her order or not, Rena turned to look at the other boy who had approached her with a raised brow. Twisting on the ball of her foot, Rena faced the direction of entertainment and casually leaned against the counter. With a smirk, she blew a strand of hair from her face before letting out an obviously exaggerated sigh.

"Know them? You make it seem like I've been to a multitude of house parties with them. Simply put, I don't know them at all, I just sensed a great deal of magical energy gathering in one location. Figured it might be the reason behind this dark energy lingering in the air, but a human wouldn't be able to notice it now would he?"

From the corner of her eye, she peered at Skinner with the same blood red slits that distinguished her heritage from the rest of the Dralven. Blood red with a hint of gold towards the pupil. Looking back out at the dragon hybrid and the nephilim, Rena began to tap on her cheek as if contemplating something.

"What are you, exactly? I smell human, but there is magic lingering around you. Alchemist? Enchanter? Potion Maker? Physically weak, but magically adept. There's also darkness in it. Perhaps a Necromancer? No, too menacing."

Suddenly and with very little warning, Rena had moved within the boy's bubble, her nose close enough to his neck that he would be able to feel the air being taken in and pushed out as she breathed. Her nose twitched ever so slightly, rabbit-like in fashion, until she inhaled deeply and slowly exhaled.

"Large amount of dark energy recently encountered, demon-like. Almost became a fight. Also encountered Dragon Song (referring to the monster you were fighting). Be extremely careful, they are stronger than they appear. Younglings of my lineage face them as a sign of maturity, shows they can become either hunters or warriors. Depends on the kind of Dragon Song they face. Regardless, who was that demon who's scent lingers heavily on your body? I believe he might be the origin of this dread that is beginning to spread across the city."

Edited by zakku_uchiha

Tanner was lost in a swirling pit of black and red. The first time it happened, we was terrified. Until he realized what had occurred. His dragon, as he liked to call it, had siezed control of his body and was currently running rampant, doing who knows what. Luckily, he knew how to regain control. But it usually took a little while. A little while later (or at least what he thought was a little while -he wasn't really sure), he finally was able to see what was happening. He was roaring at the others that had come outside.

Get out of my head! He yelled silently, shoving against the dragon inside of him.

Never! Causing death and destruction is just to much fun! It hissed maniacally.

Tanner shoved the dragon down, temporarily gaining control again. "Go!" He rasped at the small group. "Before it comes back!"

To late, bird brain! It snarled, once again taking control of him.

It darted forward towards the small group, tail poised and glinting with deadly poision.

"NO!" Tanner growled, siezing control of his body once more. He stumbled to a stop, his tail and wings drooping in exhaustion. "It's me." He panted, slowly raising his hands into the air. "It's me."

Lucifer raced out of the shop, watching in shock as Tanner lunged for the group. He stopped, just shy of the group, his tail and wings drooping. "It's me." Tanner panted. "It's me."

Lucifer watched with interest. What had happened?

((Makenzie, maybe Daniel could kinda "hear" some of Tanner's thoughts while this is happening and explain it to everyone else?))

((Sure, that would make sense smile.gif What should I use as the explanation?))

Daniel huffed as the girl left, stirring the air slightly with his wings to see if he could get a glimpse at what the dragon was thinking.

"Get out of my head!" He heard it yell. Confused, he flapped his wings harder, so he could hear better.

Never! Causing death and destruction is just to much fun! He then heard another, much more sinister voice reply.

Daniel, still confused, kept trying to work out in his head what exactly was going on, and was nearly lost in thought as the poison-tipped tail glinted just a short distance away from him.

He felt more than saw Luna as she darted past his legs, obviously moving to protect him from what she thought was a threat.

"Luna, don't!" He cried, lungeing forward just in time to tackle the huge wolf to the ground. Her fangs had been mere inches from the dragon-man's shoulder as the kinder version of himself seemed to take over.

"Don't hurt him. It's okay." He began to explain "He seems to have to have two different entities inside of his mind- one that is extremely violent and one that is... well, kinder. More... human, I suppose. Anyways, it seems that the more aggressive one is only triggered by anger. He should be alright for now." He finished, releasing Luna so that she could sit normally and register what he had just told her.

~~~~~

Luna didn't really know how the other creature expected her to make her a cup of hot chocolate while she was still in her full wolf-form. Sure, she could manipulate her tattoos if she needed too- but mostly as either weapons, decorations, or for communicating when she couldn't speak.

Sneezing at the girl, she paced slowly in front of the doors- ready to burst out if she needed to.

Which, incidentally, she did.

Edited by makenziec123

"I'm sorry..." Tanner murmured. Why did the dragon have to take over now? He wondered to himself. He was knocked backwards by a large wolf... thing... who was stopped by a boy with wings. Maybe they could fly together sometimes. "I don't know what happened. It usually takes a lot more than that to set him off..." Tanner said uncertainly. What had happened? What had caused the dragon to be set off? Was he losing his edge? He couldn't let that happen again.Tanner wasn't about to let people die - again - because of him. He had to figure out what happened - and why. It couldn't have just been his scales being exposed... right?

((Basically he has two sides - his rational human side and his viscous dragon side. The dragon side will take over when he loses his temper/becomes to angry. He has no control over himself at that time because the dragon is pretty much all of his dragon instincts rolled together into what he calls "the dragon".))