Kirito

Supernatural

Skinner was in the courtyard in the center of campus when he heard the police sirens. Unsurprising because a few men rushing into the courtyard and yelled something about a gun. Skinner wasn't going anywhere. He may be good at what he does but he isn't bullet proof. It wasn't his business anyway. He was going to finished his lunch and continue writing in his notebook.

Edited by padfoot

Sirens rang through the town within minutes of Vorn's outburst.

"Great. Just what i needed today."

He could already see a police cruiser hitting the turn at the end of the street, so Vorn booked it behind the college, out of the sight of spectators, and onto a fire escape. His hand slid along the rail as he climbed the fire escape with little enthusiasm. When he reached the top, he could already see officers arriving at the college.

" Dammit. Just dammit. Now theres a police report of a dwarf with a gun. And how hard am I to pick out of a crowd?"

Vorn sat down and took a few breaths. " I wonder where that Aaron kid is. It would help to have someone in the school, maybe figure out what was stolen." He plotted to himself.

Normally, he wouldn't be all too curious about something like this. But what had piqued his interest was the seeming lack of anything worth stealing in the school. And the disturbing person who payed him.

He peeked over the side of the building into the alley way to confirm that nobody had followed him, and took a gulp out of his flask.

He observed the window where he had cut his hand and the mysterious figure had entered the building the night before. It looked like they had replaced it already. Not surprising, wouldn't want to scare students with the thought of an intruder in the school.

Aaron walked out of the class and into the court yard having felt awkward enough he had to burrow supplies but on top of that he had no lunch and his wallet was in his back pack and he was carrying his staff with him which he was not going to hide with an illusion spell. So instead he decided to wander around and see what he could find anything that caught his attention.

That's when he heard the sirens debating on either going time look or just walk away. "Well I don't have anything else to do so I guess I'm going that way." He said making a sharp turn around the building and slightly jogging to where the sounds were coming from.

As Willow drifted, she found herself making her way back to the college. She wasn't exactly sure why she was drawn there but as she did make her way closer, the wailing sounds of sirens caught her attention. Her curiosity won out as she started forward, looking around for what was going on. When she finally did notice some men in uniform, she stopped to watch them run around a building, looking around for some reason or another. After briefly watching, she snorted and turned away, deciding to look around for something more entertaining to do. She wasn't sure what yet but something had to be better than this.

Skinner closed his book and stood with frustration. All of his yelling and gun threats was bad for his progress on the homework he missed. If he worked through lunch, he would be able to drop off his ingredient list in his mom's drop box. He needed a good grade in Exotic Chemistry. He packed up his things and started for the library.

On his way, he caught sight of a younger kid with a long bundle of day glow orange fabric slung over his shoulder. Other than the color, Skinner didn't find it very strange. "Must be on the lacrosse team", he guessed as he entered the main building.

Skinner took a seat in the quiet library and smiled. There wasn't a soul in the room and that was exactly what he needed to get some work done. He spread his stuff out across the surface of the table to avoid any strangers sit at his claimed table.

After a few minutes of futile searching, the police took statements from witnesses and left.

"Great. Just great. Why did I have to pull a gun." Vorn groaned.

The fire escape rattled as he descended back down it.

"Fuggin... kids... just should've walked away.." He grumbled bitterly to himself. His boots hit the ground with a cloud of dust. He brushed off his shoulders and walked down the alleyway. Nothing of interest showed itself when he peeked past the walls, so he proceeded out into the streets. The college was a danger zone for him at the moment, so he opted to head to the coffee shop.

The change jingled as it hit the counter in front of the horrified young man. The poor young man's jaw was dropped, his hands shaking in horror as he deposited the money slowly into the cash register. This massive man in front of him looked as if he were flowing with lava. He had no pupils. This was no normal man. He pushed box of cigars towards this monstrosity.

"This will suffice." A deep, guttural voice came from the mouth of Dhagon. He slipped the cigars into his pocket and proceeded out the doorway, ducking as he went.

Police cars passed him, slowing down as they went. Slowing down, but not stopping. Who would anger this mountain of a man? Dhagon walked down the street silently. Crowds of people crossed the street a block ahead of him. If my informant was correct, several of the uniques haunt the local college. I will investigate.

After a few minutes, he stood across the street from the building. It seemed that people were shook up. Something had happened recently. "Hmm." The man was strongly out of place.

No sooner than she had turned, Willow stopped short as she nearly bumped into a tall man that had joined the crowd behind her. Apparently, the police arriving had made more people arrive and this man was one of them who had stood by to watch. She opened her mouth to apologize for nearly bumping into him when a sudden headache struck her. She raised a hand to her head as a sudden anger rushed over her, causing the girl to gnash her teeth slightly. Why was she so irritated? She usually only got so angry around things that were not pure in nature.

Sirens pierced her sensitive ears, and she shrunk back into shadows. The stark light of day was still revealing, but most humans were stupid enough to mistake her as a dog. That was a benefit. Raven had always been a curious being, and she decided to follow the shouting.

Rain transformed the weapon back to it's original shape, then sheathed it. Brushing her hands of the imaginary dust, she stepped forward, examining the bodies. Well, what was left of them anyway. The human forms had dissolved to dust; while their demonic entities had been destroyed by the pure light arrows. Satisfied, she stepped back, spreading her wings. Time to make sure Raven hadn't gotten herself into trouble.

Dhagon's head snapped to the girl who had bumped into him. His white eyes gazed at the young girl.

"Hmm. No need to apologize, little one. Do you attend this college?" He asked her gently.

Vorn was walking into the alleyway when his head began to hurt. He peeked his head back out. A massive man stood in the crowd. When he looked away the headache subsided, but it returned as soon as he glanced at the man.

"The actual censorkip.gif is that thing.." Vorn creeped out of the alleyway, down the street, and into a closer alleyway to the man.

Aaron circled the people hearing things about a short man with a gun. "No it couldn't be he actually pulled a gun in someone."he said grinning walking away when he felt a chill run up his spine and a massive headache came over him but he shook it off continuing to walk away as he looked around.

"Well that was weird that felt disturbing."he said clutching his staff tighter on instinct. After a few minutes he released his grip and walked into a park sitting on a brown bench that was under a big oak tree avoiding the spelt what ever it was on the other side set his staff beside him and let his head hang down a bit.

Edited by Kirito

Raven whirled and snarled, hearing someone behind her. But, there was no one there. She snuffed the air, picking up a new scent curling its way out of the alley now in front of her. She crept forward, then peered around the corner. Unlike a normal wolf, she had silver eyes, much like her angelic friend. This was retained in both human, and wolf form. But few people knew that a wolf's eyes were gold, unless it was a juvenile.

Rain sorted through the millions of thoughts that arose around her, narrowing down to only on mind. Raven's. She was on the other side, near the college. Now why would she be there? Well, that meant she would have to walk. The area was much to populated. Going as far as she thought she could without being spotted, she landed and folded her wings to her back. Now she appeared normal. But, her very aurora was one that sent chills down your spine. It wasn't gentle, like the other angel's. Hers was cold and sharp. She was a warrior. Her silver eyes were always sharp and cold, mirroring her auroa.

Having Finished all the college work he could stand, Skinner opted to do some...extra research near the back of the library. He loved that the college was so full of people like him and his family. That meant there were plenty of secret little hideaways and cubby holes. Skinner was looking for one now, a very well hidden one. A familiar one. In the reference section there was a Latin to English dictionary. Once found, Skinner flipped the book open to page five seventeen and read what was translated, "Aperiesque ostium damnant", he said, adding all the proper tongue rolls and goofy pronunciations. It it was pronounced in regular Latin, nothing would happen. Lucky for him, he didn't speak regular Latin.

The shelf that held the encyclopedias that no one uses suddenly stopped being. There was no dramatic puff of smoke or sliding bookshelf. That stuff was magic and therefore, crap. The atoms that made up the books and shelf began to vibrate an a different frequency. The Entire shelf to his left vanished, making way for a old oak door. He stepped up to the wooden door. Again, there were no magic words recited, it was just a door. He pushed it open as the shelf was rematerialized behind him, sealing him from the outside world.

Inside, he was in the very small, exotic creature reference section of the college's library. He loved this little room. It was about ten feet across and completely round. Shelves lined every inch of wall space that vanished far over his head. He looked around and smiled, he was alone. Usually there was another student like himself working to finish his otherworldly homework. Skinner climbed on of the track ladders and started looking for the references he needed.

Edited by padfoot

With her head throbbing, it was really difficult for her to listen to the man's words. He sounded kind enough but between her fury, it was hard to peacefully collect her thoughts and respond. "Yes... I mean, no. Not really." She frowned and pulled a bit on her white hair, shifting her hat slightly on accident. "I take a few classes here. But I'm too young or something..."

Jason got up from the bench stretching from side to side "well I better get back to class but I don't have time for minor magics class I already know all of the stuff they teach in there, but I guess I have to go to pass."

He picked up his staff slinging it back on his back and walked back to the collage wondering what caused that chill and headache and who or what would have trigger it.

Edited by Kirito

Dhagon nodded at the girl. Her reaction to him was an immediate giveaway that she was a unique. She was clearly experiencing head trauma, which happened to uniques when he was nearby. He smiled at the girl.

"You okay, kid?" He asked, sounding fairly genuine.

His pupiless stare was disturbing and uncomfortable to even glance at. Most people didn't look at his face out of pure intimidation. That generally worked to his advantage.

His fist tightened. No. Not the time or the place. Too many witnesses. Make a note of the name and face.

"What's your name, if you dont mind me asking?"

The shelf vanished again and Skinner stepped back into the realm of mortals. His bag had gained a few pounds with the various reference volumes he checked out. There was no library system for hidden libraries. It's just common courtesy to return the books after your finished. Right now, Skinner had a report to turn in.

He got to the second floor as soon as a cluster of scientists let out. Skinner grumbled sourly as he had to fight his way against a flood of people. He was glad that he never carried anything bulky like some of his profession. He knew people that went as far to carry birdcages and alchemy tables into ordinary life. He guess that in NYC, anything is considered normal.

Finally, he reached his mother's office. He knocked twice and waited. No answer. He tried to peer through the frosted glass with no success. He waited exactly twenty seconds before drawing his cigarrete holder and tapping it on the doorknob. There was a click and the the door swung open. Skinner put his holder away and stepped into the dark room.

The lights inside lit on their own as he passed. More of his mom's show off magic. It switched off for someone that wasn't blood related to her, of course. She wasn't one to display her oddities of being a witch. Skinner dropped his report in the IN box on her desk. For her other students, She taught physics and ancient history in the college, they usually had to turn in their work either in her class or in her IN box in the teacher office. Skinner checked his watch and swore out loud. He was going to be late for Psychology if he didn't hurry. Skinner took one more look around his mom's office before shutting and locking the door behind him. He needed to get across campus fast. He lit a smoke to accompany him on his walk.

Edited by padfoot

"What?" Willow asked, finding it hard to focus with the pounding in her head and the ringing in her ears. "Oh... yes." She replied hesitantly. Her name? "It's Willow," She replied, finding it difficult to even move. But she managed, stumbling past him slightly, away from the college. "Sorry, I need to leave," She stammered out before breaking into a sprint, cradling her head. She managed to flee a short distance before sharply turning into an alley and crashing into a bit of trash before flopping into a mucky puddle. The young unicorn curled up into a ball, cradling her head as the pain started to retreat, although painfully slowly.

It took him 20 minute to reach brakebills since he was cough up in his own mine going over the events of the night before and today trying to put it all together. He pushed open the glass doors walking to the stair case and climbing up "Why does this class have to be at the very highest room?"he said finally reaching it noticing the aura of energy coming from the room walking in ignoring the teachers greetings. He took his seat seeing his staff next to him and putting his head down.

Vorn stumbled backwards as a young lady came shooting into his alleyway.

"Bloody hell kid!"

She seemed to pay him no mind as she cradled her head in a puddle. He dragged her out of the muck and sat her up against the wall.

"You okay?" He asked, not really expecting an answer.

Vorn looked around, but nobody appeared to be disturbed.

"Getting jumpy, Raven?" Rain crossed her arms, a smirk plastered across her face. "Shut up," she snapped, folding back her ears. "What's going on?" The wolf shrugged. "No clue, thought maybe you knew?"

"Funny you mention that."

"Then why'd you ask me?" Raven sighed and shook her head. It didn't matter. "From what I'm pulling, it turns out it was a shooting?"

"That's comforting. What's wrong with people? A college campus? Really?"

"Well, Raven, you should know better than anyone that some people are just sick in their heads." The wolf's muscles tensed. "Yeah."

Willow bared her teeth briefly at the stranger, unable to hear or understand properly. She nearly fell down again but managed to at least stabilize herself slightly to look down at the man. "Y-y-yes," She stuttered, tearing her hat off and rubbing her ears to try to calm herself down. That usually worked, at least slightly. "...no. Not really. Head hurts."

Rain turned away from her, her head cocking in confusion. "What is it?" She hushed her. An odd sense of power had caught her attention. When she tried to focus on it, her head began to throb. Raven crept forward cautiously. "Rain?"

Skinner slipped into his Psychology lecture hall a few minutes before it was scheduled to begin. It wasn't like it would begin on time anyway, his professor was insane after all. He would learn anything if his psych professor was mentally stable. He walked up the stairs and across and semi empty row. the lecture hall was set up in a raked seating arrangement where the professor spoke on the small raised stage in the front of the room. He sat a far as he could away from the projector or the podium. He didn't want to ruin the lecture.

Skinner spread out his things to claim the desk space on his left and right. Not like there was a shortage of seats, It was close to midterms and the numbers in each lecture had been slowly dwindling. Skinner flipped open his regular black and white composition book and found an empty page to start today's notes.

Vorn was slightly taken aback as the girl bared teeth at him in an aggressive manner. She answered his question though.

"Me too.. I've got to book it out of this general area, so yeh want to come with me to the coffee shop? Maybe a drink'll fix that headache." Vorn appealed to the girl. He held out his hand in an attempt to help her up.

Maybe coffee could help. It would do her some good to at least move, right? She nodded slowly, replacing her hat on her head as she slowly pushed away from the wall. Her headache was starting to die out slightly but it wasn't going away nearly as quickly as she'd like for it too. "Yes please," She replied, taking the hand with a short nod. Hopefully the headache wouldn't disrupt her magic at all. She wouldn't want to suddenly revert to her real form outside of the park.