Kirito

Supernatural

(Hopefully he comes back soon.)

He lowered his staff " well then what do you want to do join this guy who will probably destroy you after you join him or maybe she'd more blood then he has already?" He said slamming the but of his staff on the ground the runes glowing brightly as he stared down skinner. "Isn't your job to protect people and people like us. I assume that's why your here isn't it?"

(((Doubtful. Think we need a plan )))

Skinner bit his lip. This stupid kid was ruining his angle on the situation. helping now and dieing later meant that he had time to lock himself in the secret library and research until he finds a way to kill this thing. If he even needed to. So far all he has done was talk big and threaten a lot. There was no real danger rolling off this guy other than his potential.

Then Aaron got all worked up and slammed his stick on the ground in an attempt to intimidate them both. Little runes began to shine all over his staff, giving Skinner (and whoever else could read runes) a chance to see exactly what this teenager was capable of doing. he uses Runic huh? Not too bad. Could be worse. he thought, lighting a cigarette in it's holder and taking a long drag, rigid, slow, incantations. Low power. He can't be more than seventeen or eighteen. Low threat. It was a simple analysis. Skinner learned some runes when he was learning from his mom but didn't take a liking to it. He always thought it was just set of symbols that did censorkip.gif. There was no exchange, no adaptability, low speed, and almost no room for experimentation.

Skinner had bit his tongue when when the guy started giving him a death glare. It would have probably been scary if Skinner hadn't inherited his height from his dad. He had been pushing six five since high school. He did, however, take offense to his last little remark, "you don't ****ing know me so stop pretending you do, Kid", he shot back, "I don't give a rat's ass what trouble you people get in to." He was way off. All Skinner did was hire out his unique set of skills to people that have problems that the police can't handle or figure out. As long as his employer was paying, he was down for hunting or stealing just about anything.

Edited by padfoot

(I suppose we can either take control of him for now or some how make to were we disappear or vanish."

"So what then your a hit man or something like that then prey on the weak for the rich?"he continued to stare at him coldly the runes on his staff shining a bright red now I don't like people who do that even if they are like me but we have a common enemy at the moment so I won't fight you today."he turned around and looked a Dhagon trying to come up with a plan as to either stop or run away from him. His mind raced as he tried to come up with one.

Skinner didn't say anything back to Aaron. He couldn't talk about his line of work in front of Dhagon. He couldn't risk tipping him off to his alternate motives. To top it off, he just lost an ally because he couldn't take a hint. He glanced at the symbols growing brighter and shifting to an angrier color, "Nice glow stick" He said with a smirk. The boy turned his back on him. Skinner reacted immediately.

Skinner broke into a full sprint across the roof. It was about a hundred yard dash to get back to where he left his hockey stick. IT was a hundred yards of open ground too. Plenty of time for the old dude to mow him down. He had a plan for that too. As he reached his staff and kicked the vent cover open, he turned to look at Dhagon, "Hey, rain check, alright?", he said, "Call me." With that he jumped down the ventilation shaft and vanished from the rooftop.

Back on the first floor, skinner came in too hot through the rabbit hole. When he collided with the metal locker door, it was ripped from it's hinges. Skinner followed right behind, only coming to a stop when his feet collided with the far wall. Skinner popped up and grabbed his staff on the way out of the area.

He left the school and hit the sidewalk at a brisk pace. His giant circle he created around the school for Skeeter will be enough to keep the lava skinned man at bay. At least that's what he hoped. Right now, he needed to get to his apartment. He would be protected there.

"Well I guess that's my cue."he slams his staff in the ground sending a minor shock through the roof hoping to shock the other guy as he runs to the edge and jumping off speaking two words "vento giostrus" a small cyclone catches him and sets him down as it disappears he jogs off into the shadows letting the power fade from his staff " well that show cost me alot.png of strength I'm so tired."he wobbled around as the power faded. But he had to get out of there fast he didn't want that guy coming often him.

Luna hung up her obnoxiously green apron and pulled her short white hair out of her cap.

She turned to look of at Daniel, seeing that he was almost done cleaning out a coffee machine that had malfunctioned earlier and spewed coffee beans out instead of the dark liquid it was supposed to.

"Hey, you walking back to the apartment or going the long way?"

Translation: "Are you going to walk home with me like a mundie or do you need to stretch your wings?"

The scrawny brunette paused in thought for a moment;

"I think I'll take the long way. Do you want me to stop at the store or anything?"

"No thanks, I think I might go for a little moonlit stroll."

She replied, her fangs sneaking out into her smiled to make a point.

The "secret code" had been Daniel's idea- of course, Luna had picked the phrases though- his... abnormality... was much more obvious (and controversial) than Luna's, so to avoid any more battle scars, he had sort of withdrawn on himself.

He only flew at night now, and usually he tried to stay in the near vicinity of his werewolf best friend- even if she couldn't fly, you'd be surprised how high she could jump and climb trees. They had even had a race once and he lost! A nephilim! A creature so "terrifying" that G*d sent down a massive flood over the entire planet to wipe them out!

Luna waved a hand in front of Daniel's face.

"Danny? You in there? We need the keys so we can lock up, remember?" She smirked.

"Huh? Oh, right!" He blinked, tossing her the keys while he clicked the machine back into order.

Edited by makenziec123

Aaron wondered around or what looked like staggering like a guy who had to much to drink not caring if he concealed his staff or himself "Damn I over did it this time..if I keep doing this I'm ganna end up killing myself."he passed the coffee shop that was near brakebills. Thinking about going in until he noticed he was already there.

He grabbed the handle hoping they weren't closed he needed somewhere to rest since his apartment was to far to get there in his condition " he looked through the glass to see if anyone was in there.

Miyako followed by Arata walked near Brakebills until they noticed a young man in front of a coffee shop.

((Sorry for the very short post I have a lack of imagination right now xd.png))

He turned around noticing the two people behind him but was to tired to say anything but look at them. He did manage one word "Hi."

(It's fine we can't really do anything lol.)

"Hiya!"She waved to him excitedly while Arata tried to avoid getting into this.He wasn't really a social person and tried to get away from people Miyako meet.He never thought Miyako as a friend but more as a "acquaintance."

He wobbled walked away from the door to them " do you live around here I need some were to stay and I don't have the energy to get home."he had a hard time making sentences let alone words but he forced himself up on his staff.

"Don't worry we live here."She said excitedly as Arata sighed."I guess you can come..."He mumbled looking at him.

"If you don't mind leading the way I might pass out at any moment."he grinned at her or at least try ed to hoping it didn't come out weird.

Rena sighed as she leaned across the counter, twirling a strand of hair around her finger. Business at this time of day was quite slow, so there were very few customers to entertain. It was more self-entertainment and making sure the dining area was clean. With their recent waiter, however, even maintaining the dining area was out of the question. So, it left her at the front counter, mindlessly twisting her hair into various shapes as she waited for dinner hours to perk up.

Skinner panicked his way down the sidewalk towards his apartment. He expected to be shot down any second by the demon man but it never came. He needed someplace to hide. Coffee shop. perfect He skidded to a halt and took a sharp right. He shouldered the door open quickly and ducked inside. Not noticing the crippled kid standing just inside, he slammed into the boy's back.

Skinner tripped over the falling boy and clattered into a nearby table. He tripped and sprawled backwards on the tile floor. He sat there for a moment, staring at the slowly rotating fan above him before sitting up quickly. He looked at the surprised group of employees and smiled, 'Hey, sorry", he said, standing up and dusting himself off, "Someone out there was trying to mug me." Believable, it was New York after all and he was almost mugged for his immortal soul. Or something like that. It was only then he noticed who the boy on the ground was, "Oh. It's you", he said, looked around for where his hockey stick landed.

"Why is it we keep bumbling into each other? "He questioned as he got up off the floor picking up his staff his head spinning "and how are you so full of energy it's not like that guy is coming after us what would he want with two collage students?" He said sitting down waving at Miyako and Arata as he set his staff aside " you wouldent happen to have any tylenol or something would you?"he asked skinner.

"I had a balanced breakfast," he said sarcastically at the boy's question, "Really now? He seemed pretty interested in making out insides outsides". He located his hockey stick not to far away. It had slid under a nearby table, "I had Sparkles exactly where I wanted him until you showed up with your 'Truth and Goodness', nonsense." He finally stopped talking long enough to look the boy over, Aaron, he thinks he said. He was looking pretty worse for wear and he smelled like charcoal and caramel. That could mean two things, that something was leeching directly off his life force or he cut through a taffy factory on his way here. Skinner instinctively pat his jacket pockets when he requested the mundane medicine, Tylenol, "No. Sorry, man", he said, "But I can whip you up something to help with your standing problem". He looked over at the two people he assumed worked there, "Can I have a latte with a shot of espresso. Not cream or sugar. Foam on top and a black coffee?", he asked, taking a seat, "Please and thank you." He kicked the chair opposite from him away from the table and silently motioned for him to sit down.

~~~~~~~

In a large park halfway across the city, something dark was brewing. A large oak tree was beginning to show rapid signs of decay. Mushrooms and mold creped up the darkest side of the trunk. Beetles and worms began to squirm from underneath the roots and from hidden cracks in the bark. the decaying stain on the tree began to collapse inward, creating a crude archway.

A very tall and slender man stepped through the rotting doorway. His skin was stark white and was highlighted with grey smudges. His eyes were large and mostly empty, the only evidence of a puple was the tiny orbs of white that seemed to float in their dark sockets He wore a tight fitting, silk like material that shone with a dirty light. His cloak undulated and seemed to move independently on his shoulders. he was followed by a cloud of grey smog that looked akin to the static on a television. The man took a deep breath and frowned. The city was not what he expected. Brightly lit and full of bustling life. Despite the hundreds of years of rot and decay he had been laying on the city streets, the great empire of New York should have fallen ten years ago with the amount of death he created. How were these humans still able to live in such a dirty city? "these humans have made a mockery of my very being", he said, his voice like a body being dragged on concrete, "I cannot permit such mockery". With that, he stared walking towards the sounds of traffic, his footsteps growing mold as he walked across the dew sprinkled grass.

Edited by padfoot

It had been a long day for Rena, few to any customers ever showed up and only two large parties needed to wait for seating to be arranged. So, once her shift was up and had clocked out for the evening, Rena phased through the ground below her into the tunnels below the city. These tunnels varied greatly from sewage, to electrical, subway stations, or old mining tunnels that were never closed up. In her case, she was in an electrical tunnel that exited into the subway station she needed to ride back home. Roughly a forty minute ride and then a few extra to walk to the front gate.

What she didn't like was the fact that her parents had to exaggerate their status of a thinning bloodline. A four story mansion that catered parties every weekend, housing several hundred other local Dralven or their individual species alike and always causing a stir with the males. Since her transition, Rena had practically been shunned, an outcast of the proud lineage.

When it occurred, Rena couldn't exactly remember, but her transition had not been entirely pleasant. A powerful Spawn had possessed her and during the exorcism, she had been 'killed' mid-transition. Upon awaking, lying on her soon to be grave, her parents were first relieved to find she was still alive. However, as time passed and her phantom abilities becoming more prominent, her same parents who had cherished her began to see a tainted being. A line that had been cursed by the Spawn.

Nowadays, Dralven aren't an uncommon race, but the original line, the purebreds, are the strongest. Even a first generation Dralven born a century ago from a new line doesn't bolster the strength or ability of a tenth generation newborn. Again, this is solely due to the thinning and mixing of blood that has been bred throughout the centuries.

------

Standing outside the front door to her house, Rena heaved a sigh and pulled on the handle, only to find that it was locked. Groaning, Rena contemplated phasing through the door over ringing the doorbell, which was her parents preferred method. Stepping off to the left, Rena looked at the button, a red octagon with the shine of a gem, wrapped by a dragon that was said to be their Ancient Father.

As her thumb depressed the button, a sound only the Dralven could hear rung in her mind. It was a low, soothing tune that hung in the mind for several minutes and if not reacted upon, became a high-pitched screech. Of course, her father took just enough time to respond so that the screeching could relay for a few seconds. Typical.

"Homework is done, work was slow, I had something to eat on my way home. I'll be in my room if I'm needed."

A mere nod was the only response she received before she headed towards the West Wing and up to the third floor where her room was. Overlooking the cityscape in the distance and the channel that separated the small island from the mainland. Before, she used to overlook the ocean, where if the timing was right you could witness a brilliant green flash as the sun broke the surface of the calm waters. Not that she was complaining about the move, she still adored the view, but Rena's parents didn't want her close to where they held most of their events.

((Poor Rena... xd.png ))

Luna looked back at the door just in time to see a whole group of people pile up in front of the door, then two guys knocked each other inside. A hockey stick went sliding under a table and they both smelled like magic, though one smelled almost sickly sweet- like a candy factory on steroids.

"Um. Sure. Danny, why don't you try and give them a hand?" She replied in slight surprise.

If she were in her wolf form her hackles would be raised right now. Magicians tended to give her a hard time. And by a hard time, she meant that they liked to poke and prod at her so that they could "better understand" her ability to change.

Daniel nodded quietly, walking over and pulling a chair out for the boy who was still on the floor.

"Here are your coffees, Mister...?" Luna trailed off as she walked over with a cup in each hand.

"For the love of Lupa please don't see what we are." She thought semi-worriedly.

He sat down in the chair skinner motioned to listening to him order something " I hope you know I have no cash on me I haven't been hired for a job in awhile and it wasn't my fault you were going to surrender and work for the dude jeez your all about self preservation aren't you."he moaned taking off his sweater and hanging it on the chair. That's when they came over with what ever it was and Handed it to them. She looked nervous or he assumed she did " I'm Aaron and this guy still don't know but I guess we're on a mutual understanding." He pushed his hair back from his face slicking it back. "Are you alright were not ganna bite your head of right?"

Edited by Kirito

(((I love Rena's situation. Its perfectly tragic)))

Skinner, Being the human he was, detected nothing special about the person serving them coffee. He smiled at the woman as she placed the cups in front of him, "Thanks, darling." He said politely, 'Now could I trouble you for a packet of Ginseng tea, some honey, and a dinner mint you you got 'em". He needed those ingredients but he didn't ask for them first. why you might ask? Well becasue he needed a distraction so he could add the stranger ingredients. He didn't want to look like he was trying to roofie the poor boy. Skinner waved Aaron's concerns of money away, 'Don't worry about it", he said, "Coffee isn't that expensive". He withdrew a sharpie from his back pocket and drew a simple little satanic symbol on the side of the mug, "You don't say? Soounds like you don't have any publicity...or a steady job", he said, glancing up from his work, 'how are you in college then?"

Once the waitress left, he went to work on the weird stuff. He uncorked a tiny bottle filled with blueish powder and dumped it in the latte as inconspicuous as he could manage. He took his own cup and took a drink of the bitter liquid, "So what were you doing on the roof?", he asked the boy sitting across from him.

Edited by padfoot

"I don't know weird things are happening and I thought I had to take the obligation and do something about it."he said watching him add things into the drink"Uh what are you doing and do I have to drink that?" He grimaced and then looked back up "And if you don't mind me asking what were you doing up there?"

(I edited the beginning of my last post and awsome start zakku.)

"I don't think we have dinner mints, but I'll look behind the counter for the other things." Luna replied, glad that the magic-man couldn't see her true form.

"I'll check in the back. I think I saw a box there." Daniel added as he too left.

((Sorry I'm in class when I post so I can't write as much))

(((Yeah I saw it, I just had to leave for class)))

Skinner snorted,"So being a good citizen? First mistake, tangling with something you know you couldn't walk away from", he warned,"I was smart. That guy liked me and gave me a choice; Die right then or die later. Obviously I couldn't find a way to kill him if he killed me on the spot. So I opted to join him and give me enough time to learn what I could use to beat him. Then you showed up and ruined my whole plan so I had to move to plan B; Flee and live to fight another day. Come on, man. This is basic strategy"

Skinner glanced back up when he asked what he was doing up there. His first impulse was to tell him to censorkip.gif off and mind his own business but decided that would be too rude, "I was chasing something completely different. Big firefly monster from Africa. Thought I had it trapped but it turned out to by that big guy", He said, stirring the coffee slowly with the thin, plastic stir stick. He looked up at the boy when he started questioning what he was doing to his latte, "Making it stronger. You don't look like you could stand, let alone make it home", he said. He resealed the bottle of blueish powder and stashed it back into his coat. Aaron asked what he was adding to the drink and he chuckled, "Long answer: methyl-alpha-methylphenethylamine. A Low power nerotoxin with psychostimulant properties", he rambled off with a smile, "Short answer: Crystal Meth". He knew that sounded scary but it was harmless once dissolved into the right liquid. He nodded to the cafe employees as they walked off to collect the rest of his requested supplies. He leaned across the table so he was not overheard, "This'll give you the kick in the ass you need to get home as well as speed up your regeneration of...whatever energy you people use. It's chemistry. I know what I'm doing. Trust me". That was the end of that.

As the night drew on and the sounds of guests within the house began to quieten, Rena found herself sitting atop the roof, looking out across the channel and into the city. Something seemed to be stirring within, she could sense it like the animals in the wild could sense danger approaching. That, and her slight connection with the spirits aided this sense. Dralven didn't typically involve themselves with the chaos unless it directly related to their undoing, so unless this sense of danger threatened their species as a whole none of them would bother lending aid.

Standing, Rena took a whiff of the air and immediately snorted. Dark energy was beginning to overwhelm her senses. Was it an endangerment to the Dralven or was it spiritually related? Looking towards the entrance of her home, Rena watched a pair of elves strolling down the sidewalk to their vehicle as if they had just left the worlds greatest ball (you know, the dancing kind, not the object) and revved the engine. Crouching, Rena took a moment to determine where it was she wished to travel and lurched forward, flinging herself into the air with little effort. A minute later she landed a top one of the many skyscrapers within the city and made her adjustments, lurching forward once more.

Landing in alleyway, Rena proceeded out onto the sidewalk and pulled her hood up, allowing her body to make minor shifts so her senses would increase. Green eyes darkened into blood red slits, her hair darkened into a charcoal color and her teeth sharpened. A forked tongue licked across her lips and gray scales formed under her eyes and across her nose. Unless someone was purposely looking, the minor changes would go unnoticed underneath her hood.

Nose twitching, she paused for a moment and looked around. Something piqued her senses and she wanted to know why. Coffee, a werewolf, a nephilim, the scent of magic, and the uncanny feeling of alchemy being performed. All within one location.

Second right, two blocks down and then a left, about fifty feet down a coffee shop. This late? Something must be going on.

Looking around, Rena made sure the coast was clear before lunging into the air once more, only to find herself right outside the entrance to the coffee shop a moment later. Stepping inside, Rena pulled her hood down out of customary politeness and walked up to the counter.

So, the two workers are the werewolf and the nephilim. Leaves the other two being the mage and alchemist. Are they plotting something? No, the dark energy lingers off of them, but they are not the origin... well... nothing to worry about anyway.

Looking over at the two males sitting together, she eyed the one who held the potions within his jacket before turning and sitting on the opposite side of the shop from them.