Kirito

Supernatural

(((Well Skinner is a self absorbed prick at this point in his life. There is good there, it's just buried by all the cynicism. He has his reasons though.)))

(((he is a lot nicer when he gets older)))

Skinner exited the ally and left the sounds of abnormal ruckus behind. He thought about leaving his phone number in the shop just in case someone ever needed a doctor. He decided against that, though. He didn't want to give the people he just robbed a way to contact him. He turned onto the road that would take him past Breakbills. The streetlights flickered on one by one down the road and continued behind him. The city must have the grid back online after that scrawny magician EMPed the city.

Skinner was debating moving away from NYC when the "A-WOOGA" horn of a very old car rang out behind him. Skinner turned just in time to see a Model T careening towards him. Skinner threw up his arms in a feeble attempt to protect himself as the headlights came bearing down one him. The Model T screamed with the sound of a woodchipper eating a toaster. Skinner risked a look over his hands. The car had split apart into its basic components and was now swirling past him like a meteor shower. Skinner spit out his Cigarette holder and whirled to see what kind of powerful science he was up against. The car reassembled itself behind him and slid to a stop a few feet away. Skinner stood there, stunned in the golden pool of a streetlight with his holder out in front of him like a prison shank.

~~~~~

Moander paused what he was doing (Which was another one of his putrescence signatures) and turned slowly. There was someone in his city. Someone old and new all at the same time. Someone that he had not encountered for a very long time. He hated that someone, whoever they were. Moander finished his tag quickly and replaced his pipe back into his mouth. He would need to do some looking around. Moander perused his lips and whistler a long, flat tone. His cloak sprang to life and seemed to crawl across his body, covering every visible part of him into a undulating, glistening black mass. A brightly colored Jewel scarab took flight from somewhere in the mass. to anyone watching, it would have seemed that the tall man burst into a buzzing swarm of black beetles and took flight into the sky.

~~~~~

Skinner took a few tense steps forward when the car finally shut off. It wa strange, as old as the car looked there were no signs of age. The engine ran smoothly, the paint was glossy and the windows were tinted too dark to be legal. Skinner opened his mouth to call out when the door burst open, causing the scientist to retreat a few steps. A man Skinner did not expect jumped out of the driver's seat of the old car. He was short, barely five foot. He was dressed old style. A pair of worn, brown pants. A black vest covered a stained white button up underneith. He looked like he was stained with various dark fluids. His long beird was no longer stark white. It had long adopted the colors of the mechanical liquids that have been soaked into the strands. The man wore leather boots and carried a toolbox.

Skinner wasn't sure what to do. All the man did was kick the wheel of his car and curse into the sky. Skinner was beginning to wish he was still in the shop. Something about this man was making the key around his neck bounce against his chest. The man suddenly twirled on his toe and pointed at Skinner, "OI! You! Magic man!", he yelled, "Can you tell me what city I landed in?" he asked.

Skinner was surprised and it was only when the man took a few intimidating stepped forward that he answered, 'Oh...Well your in New York City. Did you just say landed?", he asked.

His question, however, fell on deaf ears. The man had turned around and started back to his car. Skinner watched in amazement as the man's Model T dissolved and rearranged into a normal looking Taxi. The man opened the door and paused, 'you might wanna git outta dodge, Son", he said, "Storm's commin' "

Skinner snapped out of his trance and made a panicked noise that made the man look up again, "Who are you? Why are you so powerful? What the hell did you just do to your car...both times", he asked.

The old man smiled to reveal his yellowed teeth, "Names Weyland. That's all you need to know", he said, "Now scoot".

Skinner had to sidestep quickly as the car nearly drove over him a second time. He watched him go and noticed that the lights in apartment buildings and businesses switched back on as he passed in he yellow taxi.

Edited by padfoot

((Ah, to be a Phantom. Plagues and sickness don't affect her. xd.png ))

Rena cocked an eye as the nephalim spoke of keeping a watch on her. Simply because he couldn't read her or keep her in check? Of course, she turned her attention back to the dragon hybrid as he walked off to check on Aaron. Guess he didn't want an answer to his previous question. When she looked back at the new nephalim, he had gone off somewhere just shortly after he said he was gonna watch her.

Well, that lasted long. Guess we're not gonna fly out, either.

Poking her forehead with the tip of her index finger, Rena leaned back and allowed herself to phase through the ground until she hit the subway. Landing on a passing train, she used her wings to grip onto the edges as it sped through the tunnels and then exploded into the outside world moments later. A smog filled sky devoured the stars she wished to stare at, but the city lights would suffice.

Suddenly, a strong stench of both dark energy and rot filled her nose and she sat up. This scent was strong, recent, and very close.

Rolling off the side of the train, Rena caught the warm updraft and soared up into the air. Looking about, nose twitching in an attempt to catch the direction the stench was coming from, Rena wanted to find the source. Whatever it is, wreaked of death.

(( I adore Weyland already. ))

Rilain noted that now there were even MORE entities. He couldn't even put a number on them anymore. One of them had just left the area - that was for sure. Another one was attempting to leave... then a third suddenly appeared.

What the hell was going on?! He sighed, rubbing his head in frustration.

"You wouldn't happen to know if there's some sort of convention I wasn't aware of, would you?" he asked, turning back to the group with a feeble attempt at a joke. "Honestly, I don't understand what's going on. I don't LIKE not knowing."

"Sorry, I thought you were a true angel. They tend to enjoy beating me within an inch of my life for reason." Daniel grumbled shyly, but moved out from behind Luna.

He let his wings stir the air slightly, getting a better feel for the energy around him.

"Wait, Rilain," Daniel started when he noticed Rilain start to walk away. "None of us know what's going on exactly- but wouldn't it make more sense to search and work together?"

"Maybe we should just go somewhere safe and plan for now. Come up with a strategy. I mean, we don't know what exactly we're up against, but we do know that it isn't something good." Luna chimed in.

He looked at tanner"ya I'm fine thanks dude."and he pondered on Lunas idea letting it role around in his mind and then he responded. "Well what do you suppose then make a justice League then but with everything freaky and unnatural? "He said trying not to sound sarcastic and then looked at the tail around him " please remove your tail from my body."he said trying to get away trying not to be rude.

"I suppose..." Rilain fingered his chin thoughtfully, then put his hands back in his pockets. "Sure. Admittedly, Daniel, I have taken a liking to you. I haven't met many other good Nephalem since I left England. Not many followed me. So, as such, should anyone wish to harm you while you are in my care.."

He drew his blade quickly, the dagger switching into a claymore which he held effortlessly with one hand, his grip tight. This he already had bared in a fighting stance, almost within the span of an instant.

"I will let them understand I won't tolerate it... in very simple terms." he promised, smiling slightly. He then threw the blade in the air with a flick of his wrist. The blade transformed into its base dagger form and landed in his belt. He then turned back away from the two.

"Well, if you would rather plan for it - which isn't really my normal course of action - I do have a suitable place of residence..." he said, as he took off his sunglasses. His bright, white-blue eyes stared into the distance for a moment as he appraised his surroundings. Seemingly satisfied, he replaced his sunglasses and flipped back around to them, shrugging.

"Normally, what I do is simple - I run into things full force. It hasn't failed me yet. To show the enemy fear is to show them they may win. To plan is to give them time to retaliate. Spontaneous movements are necessary for survival. However, I will humor you. If you wish to plan, we may plan. Come..."

He gestured with a finger as he walked over to a nearby parking spot. He drew his dagger from his belt and raised it in the air. He then slammed it into the concrete, piercing through the asphalt as easily as flesh.

"COME FORTH!" he roared at the ground. Invisible to mortals, light began to coalesce around him. Quickly, it pieced itself together into the form of a vehicle formed entirely of energy. Soon, it stabilized.

"A gift from one of the many supernatural beings I assisted back in the days of the great wars." he remarked, opening one of the doors. The vehicle had turned into what appeared to be a good quality Mustang convertible. Of course, the color was white, as were all things with this man as it seemed.

"Please. Have a seat. Sometimes, I don't believe that flying is the best means of travel when it comes to comfort. Besides, I'm hoping we can drive past whatever this creature is... perhaps get a look at him before we go back to my domicile."

He gestured to the car as he got in himself, taking a seat comfortably.

Edited by Thaelasan

((Okay... what time of day is it? I was under the impression that it's actually relatively late into the evening. So... ))

(((It's been past midnight for a while, thats why Skinner is heading home)))

Somewhere on plane over the Atlantic Ocean bound for New York, USA.

"Why...why is it that i can never keep friends?" Leon said to himself in frustration. Leon began to ponder this question. As he thought about it tears start to run down his cheek.

"Why... all I want is to end this emptiness; this loneliness in my heart." said Leon with in tears.

*Bing* "Attention all passengers we will arriving in New York shortly. Please fasten your seat belts." said the captain.

Leon looked to his left and he could see it. He whipped away his tears, for he was in awe. "So this is New York?" Leon asked himself. Lights glimmering in the night sky, gigantic skyscrapers, and the Statue if Liberty.

"Maybe just maybe?" Leon told himself. Hoping that there is one person that could be his friend.

The plane finally landed on the airfield. Leon grabbed his things and hurried off the plane. He went down to the lobby so he could get his suitcase. Finally, after a ten minute wait he found his suitcase.

"Why do I have this feeling that I am being watched?" Leon said in a serious voice. Leon began to look around the lobby for anyone that looked suspicious.

"Now i feel as if I have more than one set of eyes on me." said Leon. He knew that if this was to turn in a fight he needed to get away from the airport as quickly as possible. Leon looked at the clock and saw that it was almost morning. He hurried out of the airport. After running for about 20 minutes he found an empty field and stopped running.

"Now we are away from innocent people...WHO IS FOLLOWING ME?!" exclaimed Leon as threw down his belongs ready for a fight.

Soon after he said that several dark figures began to appear.

"Six figures...there is no way i can take them on by myself. Yet i have always been alone." said Leon as he is cinched his fists. Flames began to consume Leon. Waiting to see if they will make the first move.

"Thank you, but I don't think there are enough seats in there for everyone. I'd rather fly, if you don't mind. I'll just glide above you as you drive." Daniel replied with a smile, feeling much more at ease now.

Even though Rilain seemed a bit old fashioned and extravagant, he liked him. He couldn't put his finger on it, but for some reason it felt... natural.

"Besides, I'm not sure my wings would fit in there and still allow room for another person next to or behind me. Unless I hide them under my shirt like I do when humans are around. But I'd really rather not do that tonight." He added, spreading his enormous black and white wings to their full length- nearly twice Daniel's own height. He stretched them out into a magnificent arc over his head, then let them go lax and drop so that only his delicate flight feathers brushed the ground.

"I wish I could just run beside the car, but something tells me that we might freak out a few mundies if they see a giant wolf with living ink swirling all over it." Luna smirked to herself as she climbed into the car.

"So you are Leon Varus Jensen i presume?" said a sadistic voice.

Leon's face was now in shock. "How do they know my name? i just arrived in New York and this is how it starts. Fighting the one thing i hate more than anything." said Leon.

"Do not worry, it will be quick." said the sadistic voice.

Leon did not know what to expect. All of a sudden he felt a sharp pain. The flames that surrounded Leon vanished. The sadistic person had punched Leon in the stomach. Leon fell to his knees, while grabbing his stomach.

"Tell your friends this if they stick their noses in to our business. You all find out how twisted we really are." said the sadistic voice.

Leon began to smirk when he said that. "Friends...i have no friends." said Leon getting up from the blow he had dealt.

"Well looks like you can still stand. My name is Vez." said Vez. He came at Leon again and punched him in the stomach. This time it sent him flying.

"Really Vez now look what you did." said one of the figures in a girly way.

Leon began to cough up blood. "They really want my life. I wish not to transform, last time I nearly." he stopped and ran as fast as he could.

"No time to think about the past, I most get out of here. I am to weak to fight all of them. For once in my life I can't fight my own battles." said Leon in his mind with tears running down his face.

The six figures vanished, as Leon looked back. He then clasped on the side of the rode.

"This guy Seems trustworthy enough but he could be playing something but I'll humor him " he thought to himself hoping no one read his mind cause he was pretty sure at least three of them could. He broke free of the tail getting into the car taking a seat next to Luna setting his staff facing up " I really need to make some secret dimension thing or space pocket for this thing it's way to clumsy to always carry it around now."he mumbled under his breath. Then spoke up as he admired the car"nice show and all but were exactly are we going?" Then school came into his head "Aw crap I'm so ganna be late tommorow " he thought to himself once again.

(Guess it's time to pick up hitch hikers yay.)

Edited by Kirito

Rilain shrugged in the car, unconcerned.

"Very well. If that's your decision, then I will not say anything against it Daniel. Though if you haven't noticed, your wings don't have mass unless you give them mass. They don't physically exist in our plane. I doubt they're an issue."

He started the car up, enjoying the sound of the engineering which ran it. Say what you wanted about humans - they had become fantastic engineers. Though this car was only loosely based off the original in look, the sound was the same. He turned on the headlights and began to drive off.

They coasted for a while. Fortunately, no traffic seemed to pass by them this time of night. As they drove along, Rilain had his hand outside, patting the side of the car. God, this felt just as good as flying sometimes.

Then as he continued along, he noticed something laying in the road. For some reason, this thing piqued his interest. He slowed down a bit, turning until he was in the shoulder of the road on the right side.

He got out, casually stepping out of the car, concerned.

"The ... hell?" he swore, completely confused. He stepped over to the mass of object that was laying next to the road.

"Yep. That's a man." he finally remarked, hand on his chin. "....Is he human?"

He scanned over the body for a moment both supernaturally and not before finally coming to a conclusion. He held up a single finger.

"My friends, we have a mostly naked, draconic man in our midst." he said, his lower lip out slightly. "This... is sort of unnerving. Sir?"

He poked the body with a boot, frowning. The man seemed to shudder and groan slightly.

"Oh. He's alive. How nice."

He leaned down to the man and sighed.

"Well, you see sir, I'm going to have to take custody of you for the time being as it seems you are currently in no position to defend yourself against the elements, let alone some form of evil. And as there seems to be danger in our midst that's growing, you're going to be under my care for a bit, o-kay~?"

He said the last bit with as much flair as he could, harkening back to his days with Akane. He placed his hands under the man's body and lifted him, carrying him to the passenger side. He then opened the door and laid him in the chair.

"Ah. He's going to get blood all over it, isn't he?" Rilain said, crossing his arms. He sighed, removing his jacket and placing it over the man's body.

"Please don't bleed too much.." Rilain walked back to his side of the car, sitting by the man casually. He adjusted the slumbering man so he would be more comfortable, laying a little horizontally in the chair.

"Now.. uh... I suppose we should head to my apartment, aye?" Rilain said as though nothing had happened out of the ordinary. He began driving again for a while until finally they were in front of the hotel.

"Don't mind the appearance. The top floor is actually very spacious. Trust me on this one. Daniel, go on and head up. The window will open for you." Rilain said as he retrieved the half-naked, dragon man from his seat and closed the door. As the last passengers left the car, it would turn back into light and disappear from view.

He headed into the building. The false doorman which he had created to keep appearances tipped his hat as the three would enter. Finally, Rilain entered the elevator, motioning for Luna and Aaron to enter at their leisure. He was still carrying the slumbering, bleeding man in his arms as though it was completely natural to him.

"Oh don't mind him. We'll get him patched up soon enough." Rilain assured, hoisting the man a little more comfortably in his arms.

"What is this I hear, voices talking in the mist." said Leon to himself. He tried to open his eyes yet all he saw were lights and buildings.

"Am I dead... is this how I am suppose to die. Dead with this emptiness in my heart. That I cannot seem to fill even if I try." said Leon to himself.

Out of nowhere he head a ding sound. As if he just left an elevator or something.

"We will get patched soon an enough." said a British speaking voice yet can barly make out what he said.

"I am still alive... thank you whoever you are." said Leon aloud.

Rilain heard him speak, yet could not make out what he had said.

Edited by HellFireSouLess

"Did you say something?" Rilain said, turning to look down at the man in his arms. "Hullo?..... Uh... very well."

Rilain shrugged slightly.

"Well, you look a little bit more stable. Can you walk? Or would you prefer I carried you a different way? Or do you enjoy the bride over the threshold style? I could certainly adopt something more fitting, should you need." Rilain grinned broadly.

Leon opened eyes and immediately struggled to get out of his arms. Leon fell on his stomach and screamed in immense pain.

"OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!" exclaimed Leon. He kept trying to get over the pain.

"Please do not do that ever...ever again." said Leon still trying to get over the pain.

Rilain sighed.

"Very well. I suppose you're in a state to make demands with regards to your current pain threshold. In any case, we're almost to the top floor. I'll grab you something alcoholic, if you prefer, to dull the pain, or perhaps something less adult, such as milk or juice? Don't worry about paying me back." Rilain said as he stepped into the familiarity of his room. "In any case, let's get you laying down comfortably."

Rilain moved to the side of the couch and gently placed Leon upon it, laying a blanket underneath the man.

"Alright, I'm going to ask that you hold completely still to make this work properly." Rilain commented, holding out his hands. "Doing this will remove my barrier so I need to concentrate on this and do this as quickly as possible. Luna, grab me some bandages from my bathroom, please. Room on the right at the back of the hall. Daniel, give me a bit of your power so we can accelerate the process. Or if you can't, just put up a good barrier so they can't sense we have a weak person in our midst. Aaron, bring me your staff so I can use it for a foci and avoid having to waste my sword's energy for now. I'm sure I'll need it soon."

He looked at all of them, then sighed.

"Can we do this QUICKLY please?" he asked.

Leon looked around the room. He saw that everyone was helping.

"Just who are these people and why are they helping me?" wondered Leon in his mind. "No these people are helping me cause they want to. So maybe just maybe this is what it is like. To have people help you out, to tend to the wounds." Leon told himself as he smiled and fell asleep.

Edited by HellFireSouLess

"HE SLUMBERS! Good. That means he's relaxed now. That will help with the healing." Rilain smiled, holding out his hands. He patted the man's arm slightly.

"Stay strong, young man. We shall assist you."

He walked in with every one else looking at the injured guy "it not like he can answer but how the heck does he end up half naked on the road?"jewelry said grabbing his staff and handing it over "please don't rune this one to I go through these like crazy but it takes so long just to make one.....also if anyone calls it a stick I'll kill them."he mumbled the last part looking down at the new guy " he is pretty busted up so I think we should hurry this along as well."

He slowly opens his eye.

"About that drink? Please alcoholic scotch pref please." and falls back asleep after saying that.

Across the night sky, stars glittered in their constellations. The moon outshone them, of course, causing the pin-pricks of light to twinkle with envy. A golden flash streaked along the dark sky high above the city of New York, followed by a darker light. The two bolts of energy twirled and twisted around one another, strands striking each other to erupt and cascade down in a shower of sparks.

The night is good for flying. The lights are pretty to us.

Yes. But not many are on for us to enjoy. Shall we turn more on?

And disrupt the slumber of many? That sounds like great fun. We have such nice ideas. Come. We cause mischief!

Kirit and Meztli lowered their altitude, flying below the rooftops of tall buildings to bounce from one room to another. Windows and walls did not stop energy, merely proved a slight obstacle until the Ying-Yang entity was able to shift through the plaster or glass. Entering through a bulb, the two streaks of energy rushed across electrical wiring, connecting circuits to make lights flicker on and off in rapid succession.

Darkness allows for many ideas. We love darkness.

And we love light! More light! More shadows!

Their gleeful shouts could not be heard by most beings. Cats and dogs did not know what their ears gathered. Most other supernatural creatures could not hear the entity either unless they took to human form. But their energy form was when they could utilize their favored abilities of flight and electrical manipulation. However, their human forms were not without their own little quirks.

One bolt, then the other, shout out of the electrical system, leaving the lights to flicker in their rapid rhythm. They flew to the next building and a third, waking people and animals alike with the sudden brightness of their respective rooms. Kirit and Meztli shouted with laughter, weaving around each other as they raced towards the sidewalk. The bolts struck concrete, a flare of sparks spreading across the ground. In their wake stood a small child, oddly dressed and with odd, two-toned, hair. If someone passed by, they would not be able to tell if this child was a little boy or girl nor would they be able to get a straight answer about where its parents were.

Little feet tapped against the ground as the Entity began to skip down the sidewalk, a squeaky, merry, song escaping its delicate lips.

((I'm just pretending that Tanner was following behind Daniel))

Tanner watched the scene with mild interest, knowing there was really nothing he could do to help. Guard... the dragon hissed quietly. "Hey Rilain, you want me to guard the door? I don't want to give the poor guy a heart attack when he wakes up." Tanner suggested, chuckling. Please. You won't scare him, idiot. He has dragon blood running through his veins. If you don't believe me, take a whiff of the room. The dragon said. Tanner took a deep breath and almost gagged at all the scents in the room. But the dragon was right. The man did smell dragon... ish. Not completely dragon. Wyvern, perhaps? Tanner shrugged. He'd ask the guy later.