Kirito

Supernatural

Tanner glanced over at the previously asleep man. "Ahh, so you're finally awake. I'd stay there though. I can't keep an eye on everyone if everyone is in different rooms." He said, giving a mischievous grin. "We do have a small problem on our hands, but it's totally under control. No need to worry. Rilain is going to take care of it, aren't you Rilain?" Tanner said, elbowing him as to say 'play along'. The poor man didn't need to be more stressed than he already was. And by the haunted look in his eye, he had a lot on his plate. "I'm Tanner." Tanner introduced himself kindly.

-----

Roxy prowled around the building, finally finding a fire escape which she scaled easily, making her way to the top. The last level revealed a window. People were in the room, so she crouched down, peaking into the room. She couldn't exactly tell what was going on, but she could hear everything.

"- have a small problem on our hands, but it's totally under control. No need to worry. Rilain is going to take care of it, aren't you Rilain?" A dragonic man asked, elbowing the guy standing next to him. "I'm Tanner." Tanner was addressing the other man in the room. All of the ones in there were probably supernatural - she didn't need her nose to know that. But what were so many supernaturals doing all together? That wasn't exactly normal, after all.

Not even a second had passed after Rena left the house had a tall, handsome young man entered the dining room from behind the parents. Cupping his chin between his thumb and index finger, the young man flashed a bright smile and chuckled ever so slightly. Rena's father turned and sighed, taking a seat just beside his wife and rubbing his forehead.

"That girl... If she were still a child, I would have punished her for storming off on her own like that, but I guess there are times when you must allow them to leave and think things through on their own."

Joining them at the table, the young man continued to look at the door with a pleased expression, almost as if he was expecting Rena to return at any given moment. Yet, Rena's mother knew the smile was for a different reason and she looked more displeased with the situation than anything.

"Your daughter is certainly magnificent. Wonderful reactions. They certainly are more intriguing when they are rebellious. Yes, she will make a perfect mate."

Rena's mother looked at the ground as her father heaved another sigh and turned to face the mysterious man. A stern expression and a small fire in his eyes, Rena's father cleared his throat and the young man returned his gaze.

"Understand, Lord Arlham, I do not mean any disrespect, but do not speak of my daughter as if she is some item. She may not be pure, but that does not change the fact that she is my child. For someone of your age and experience, I would believe that you would understand my perspective."

"Of course, young Eryc. I did not mean to imply that she is a mere item. No, your daughter is a jewel, a treasure that has caught my eye."

Rena's mother stood abruptly and left the room, but that did not phase Arlham in the slightest. Rather, he returned his attention to the door and brushed a hand through his hair.

"I will make my official introductions to her when the sun has set three times and just before the moon falls. Pardon my intrusion to your homestead, I shall return soon."

" The name is Leon Varus Jensen." said Leon. He looked toward the fire escape and sensed a presence. Leon smiled and looked back at Tanner.

"Guessing you and I are not so different fellow dragon." said Leon.

Meanwhile,

"So the boss has been released." said a girly voice playing with a knife.

"Yep... looks like things are going to get interesting." said Vez with a sadistic twisted smile.

"Should we meet up with him?" asked a deep voice.

"Nope the boss will come to us." said Vez

Edited by HellFireSouLess

It lost the trail. The Wendigo snorted, pacing left and right along the rooftops that overlooked the college campus. Too many scents, too many words mixing together and muddying up the savory aroma of the prey. Humans diluted the scent trail, breaking it apart with their own scents and spreading it in different directions in different areas. It confused the animalistic hunter, made it growl and grunt in frustration at having been eluded.

Jumping down from the rooftops, it hit the ground like a heavy machine, the concrete road beneath its clawed feet splintering through with a handful of cracks that didn't spread farther than a few inches. A handful of cars screeched to a stop, people frozen in their seats and uncertain if they should flee or remain where they were for safety. The Wendigo shot a hand through the nearest windshield, almost succeeding in snatching the vehicle's driver.

Now the prey ran, shouts echoing in the creature's ears as they fled for safety. Picking up the car it had damaged, it tossed the hunk of metal and glass. The car hit the ground some yards away and bounced once, twice, before rolling to a stop on its hood. Sirens began to scream through the air as the campus police rushed to where the Wendigo stood. Scraping the ground with its ragged claws, the beast hurried to flee. Too many sounds that clattered against its sharp ears.

Mommy....

It disappeared around a turn in the road, scaling a short building with strange symbols nailed to the boards above the doorway, and losing the pursuing vehicles a few blocks down.

Food.... The creature was bitter for losing its special meal.

~~~~

"Alright, everybody! I know it's a few weeks into the term but I'm terrible with matching names and faces! So, let's have a little musical number, shall we?" Casani chuckled, a wide smile brightening her facial features. Some students quietly groaned but she wiggled her index finger with a tsk. "I know, I know. You've all done this before at the start of the year. Bear with me though. At least I'm bothering to know all of your names. Or would you prefer that I just didn't care and started calling each of you by individual birds?"

Students shook their heads or gave a muttered "whatever," in response. "Good! Um.... Let's have the left side," she started, moving forward and indicating with her arm where the middle of the students rested. "Let's have the left side come up to the board. I'll put on some music and you lot can either try to guess the name and composure of the song or do a little jig with it instead. Do remember, you'll be earning participation points if you give an answer or dance."

More grumbling. Casani smiled with a silent laugh, watching as students from the indicated half of the room grudgingly (or enthusiastically in a rare few) got up to stand before the whiteboards. Moving to her computer, Casani fumbled a little with the machinery before she started playing a very familiar melody. Within a few moments, a good number of the students standing in front grumbled out "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

"Good, good. Who's the composer?"

"Mozart." A fewer number of voices spoke up in response this time.

"Mozart is a composer but not the composer. Who's the original writer for the lyrics of the melody?" Casani questioned, her glowing demeanor now seeming to tone down as she began to enter into her role as a professor.

A hand timidly rose up from the mass of students at the front and the Bard nodded at the student. "Uh... Wasn't it Jane Taylor?"

"Yes! Very good! Now! Next song! All of you at the board can have a seat and those in their seats from the right side of the room, come take your place in the spotlight!"

Tanner smiled. "Nice to meet you, Leon. Not too different, no. You have dragon blood, right? But you don't look dragon. At least not like me." He said, chuckling. "If you don't mind me asking, why were you collapsed on the side of the road? Oh, and I made you a sandwich." Tanner said, reaching out to give him the food. "Figured you'd be hungry."

Edited by polaristar

Rilain stood in front of Dracula, blade bared. Centuries of hoping and praying that the man would never return had all been fruitless. Somehow, the beast had returned. Rilain had sealed him once before then, back when Dracula had assisted in the Black Death. He had been the cause of over a thousand murders, all dedicated to a sickness that was already spreading.

That's when he had developed his taste for blood.

Now, the cloaked figure before him, the ancient evil, was chiding him and taunting him, knowing that in his current state, he was victorious.

"Oh, come now Rilain." Dracula said softly. "Isn't it glorious? You should be happy. I brought you Akane. Am I not just simply divine?"

"She came to warn me of you. She almost died."

"Pity. Seems death doesn't claim everyone who deserves it, am I right?~" He held out both of his arms, smiling. "I mean, I'm still here. Don't you wish I wasn't? I know you do."

"Shut up." Rilain commanded, holding out Dracula's sword. "Throw me your weapons."

"Awww.. do I have to?" Dracula said playfully, holding the sword and gun close to his chest. "I've grown quite attached to them."

"Give me your weapons." Rilain repeated.

"Very well. Take them." Dracula hurled them up into the air. They landed behind him, shattering.

"What...?" Rilain said, confused.

"Those were just normal weapons I infused with a bit of my magic to make them convince you they were Nephilim. Come now, Rilain, you're too easy to fool."

"How did you..?" Rilain said as Dracula took his sword from him.

"Darkness has its perks, Rilain. Whereas your abilities rely on truth, mine rely on deceit, and I'm a very good liar." Dracula patted the man's armor. "Very nice. Ah, it's good to have you back, my beloved Atro."

"Now leave."

"I don't think so, Rilain." Dracula said, pouting. "After all, I have five very good targets in a weakened state right in this city and I have my blade."

Rilain shoved his sword through Dracula's chest without hesitation, lifting the man upward. His other hand was gripped on Dracula's sword arm.

"This won't kill you, but it will make damn sure you're just as wounded as you wounded Akane." Rilain swore. "Get the hell out of my sight, Dracula. Bring your armies. Bring your powers. I will slay you."

"You're... very.. persuasive." Dracula coughed up blood, grinning. He flew backward off of the blade, out of Rilain's clutches. "That actually hurt a bit. But not as much as it used to. Is your sword losing its luster?"

"I don't wish to kill you, Dracula. We are still brothers, though you have done things that make me wish we were not. Why can you not turn away from your current path?"

"I've gotten too much blood on my road to simply clean it away, brother." Dracula said, sighing. "However, I shall retreat for now. I have some... associates, to collect."

Rilain watched as Dracula flew off, laughing, his black blade gleaming in the moonlight.

"I'll kill you if you continue, Dracula." Rilain swore. "Why can't you just give it up?"

----

Rilain reentered the upstairs room, headed to the window, and grabbed the young girl outside without hesitation.

"I'm not in the mood for eavesdropping and trespassing. Do you have a reason to be here or are you just in the neighborhood?" Rilain sighed, lifting her over to a chair and dropping her on it. "Well. Make yourself comfortable."

He sat down in the chair, head in his hands, pensive. He stared longingly at Akane.

She was currently breathing heavily, her body shaking with the effort. He held out one of his hands, a yellow light emitting from the palm.

"Please.. please be alright.." he whispered to himself continuously.

(( I'm actually working on sketching anime versions of Akane and Rilain, and maybe Dracula. ))

----

"Where have you all BEEN!?" Dracula asked furiously.

He was sitting in what appeared to be an empty warehouse, head held lazily in his hand, the other hand scratching his chest where he'd been stabbed.

"Veeeeeeeezzz..... Allinaaaaaaa.... where the hell are you six? Did you really think I forgot about you?"

Edited by Thaelasan

Roxy yelped in surprise when someone grabbed her and sat her in a chair. "Oww! Watch the ears!" She said indignantly. "And yes, I have a reason for being here. Glass rained down from a window in your apartment, giving me this -" She lifted her shirt slightly to show him the long, shallow cut on her torso "- so I came to investigate and see if I could help." Roxy said, adjusting herself on the chair. Her tail flicked and her ears twitched as she watched everyone with eager green eyes. She hoped they wouldn't kick her out like everyone else had - her faith in living beings was fragile as it was. Being sent away again might send her over the edge.

Skinner watched as Prof. Casani called the entire left side of the class to the board. Skinner knew that meant one thing, He was going to have to do the same thing. Name the artiest or dance? Skinner pondered silently as she embarrassed the left side of the class. Skinner was a bit worried since he couldn't really do either. He would just have to try to stay under her radar or something.

His chance to fly as low as he could came pretty quick when she called his side of the room to the front. Unlike the other students, he took the longer route to the front of the room. The route that lead him as far away from her computer as possible. He didn't think of that while he was in his seat. He flinched when the speaker he passed under rang with feedback. Exotic Matter does not like electronics. He stood at the furthest end of the white board and waited. He hoped that this would be over soon.

Leon sensed the murderous intent had vanish. Leon smiled at Tanner.

" Yes my brother I am dragon. I am a Emerald Wyern." said Leon.

Leon looked at everyone in the room. He saw that a little fox was sitting next him. Leon smiled at the little, for it is the first time he had ever seen one. Leon stood up.

"Well I might collapse again, yet there is something i have to show you Tanner." said Leon. Scales formed around Leon and Purple aura seem to engulf his hands.

" This is my element earth, or i should say earth's poison." said Leon. As the power faded he dropped to one knee. Leon looked at the girl when he dropped, looked in her eyes and smiled.

"She is not so different from me. She knows what means to be alone." said Leon in his mind.

"Oh, great. Another Zeganths has been added to the little group of merry old men or perhaps it's very old men. Eh, what's it matter. Pardon the intrusion, by the way. I was around and some familiar stenches led me here, figured I'd pop in and find out why there's so much dark aura in the area."

Rena was sitting in the busted window, scanning the room and with her blood red eyes, her nose twitching as she took in everyone's scent again. A few new persona's had arrived. One being a fox morpher, another nephalem that Rain seemed to know very well, and then an additional dragon-human hybrid. Rain had a desperate, worried look on his face as he seemed to tend to the downed nephalem before him. Lover possibly? Sister? Their scents seemed similar, but there was definitely another masculine smell that seemed identical to Rain's own scent.

"Sibling rivalry? What, you steal his girlfriend or something? Is that why she smells like both of you as well or is there something else I'm missing?"

He looked at the person who had just jumped trough a window and then at the two dragons " this little group keeps on getting weirder and weirder. "He said walking over to the new bees And who might you be and how did you find us?"he questioned her leaning down to eye level " and what about that vlad guy and rilain?"

(I'm assuming we're still an rilain home or base.)

Leon got up and sat next to Roxy.

"You longer have to afraid little one. " said Leon smiling.

Tanner looked a Leon, impressed. "That's amazing!" He exclaimed. He looked over to Rena. "Oh. It's you." He said, a slight frown on his face. Tanner turned back to Leon. "At least your dragon qualities are much less... noticeable." He said with an impish grin.

-----

Roxy looked at the man that was now sitting next to her. She offered him a small smile. "I'm Roxy." She said quietly. "What's your name?" Roxy asked. Her tail twitched slightly, and she longed to be in her fox form where she could watch quietly from the shadows. People on general made her skittish. After all, they always cast her out for being herself. Why would they do that when they always told their own kind to 'be themselves'? Mortals, especially humans, puzzled her.

"The name is Leon pleasure to meet you Roxy." he said quietly back to her.

"So who is she?" asked Leon in wonder and pointing at Rena.

[[i'm going to assume that the feedback is also something that Casani can hear, alongside the rest of the class. If I'm wrong, let me know and I'll fix my post.]]

Casani watched as the two halves switched roles, jumping in surprise as a bit of feedback shrieked from one of the speakers at the other end of the classroom. Shaking her head, she waited for everyone to be situated before speaking again. "Okay, how many of you can tell me what this song is and who wrote it?" Soft notes played from the speaker, a melody known as Pachelbel's Canon in D. She let it play until students began to either dance in very pathetic ways (earning a low hum of laughter from the class) or blurted out whatever guesses came to mind.

Some got the melody correct but the composer wrong and vice versa. A few others correctly named both parts of the question. Finally, she stopped the music and chuckled. "Alright, you may all have a seat again. Now, who's going to volunteer to come up here and partake in another activity?" For a few moments, no students came up but, slowly, a small handful got up and joined Casani at the front. "Good. But I still need one more...," she trailed off, eyes roaming the class until she settled on a fifth student. "Scammer, was it?" she started, pointing at Skinner. "Please come up and join us again."

Tanner sighed. "That's Rena.Part dragon, part something else, and a real pain to deal with. Doesn't like half dragon half humans like us." He said bluntly. "That about sums it up." He chuckled.

-------

"Nice to meet you. You're part dragon, right?" Roxy asked before continuing. "I can transform into a fox. Hense the ears and the tail." She said, chuckling slightly before gasping and clutching her side. She could feel the warm blood from the gash and frowned. "Gonna have to fix that." She murmured.

Leon's eyes darken towards Rena. Leon saw what happened to Roxy, and saw that it was more than just a wound.

"Roxy this might hurt a bit i want you to take my hand?" asked Leon politely.

Roxy took his hand timidly. "What are you going to do?" She asked somewhat suspiciously. Her trust was not easily gained, so allowing the dragon boy to help her was unusual. But she was hurt, so the help was needed.

-----

Tanner watched with a small smile as Leon offered to help the small girl. He noticed that Leon seemed kinda... protective... of the fox girl. It amused him, actually. But he certainly wasn't going to interject. Leon needed friends, it it looked like Roxy did too.

"Your wound has a little poison on it, I am going to remove it. The poison is preventing the wound from healing." said Leon. Leon took a breath, the poison came out of Roxy and into Leon. Leon saw that there was some medical supplies on the table next to him. He bandaged the wound. Leon realized when he did that to Roxy that the poison went in him instead.

"There we go." said Leon as he finished helping Roxy. After helping Roxy, his eyes turned to Rena.

"Pure bloods huh?" said Leon trying to hide his scars on his back and eye. Leon was silent and quiet after that point.

"If she finds out who I am she might as well try and kill me. I am no position to fight." said Leon to himself sweating and nervous.

"What do I do?" Leon asked himself. Leon was not just thinking about Rena, but what would Tanner think.

Aaron stood in the corner of the room watching everyone interact with the new kid. He observed her from the background " she doesn't seem to be a threat although how did she find this...... particular set of individuals?"he thought to himself. He walked up to the group " How did you find us and why us there poison on your wounds?"he questioned her trying not to sound how would you put it rude no that's not it harsh.

Rilain turned, frowning.

"Yes. Roxy is most definitely the most troubled individual in this room right now." he said gravely, pointing at Akane. "This is my beloved Akane, the priestess and the shrine maiden which took my heart away centuries ago. She's in much pain, and exhausted most of her power to fly here as well. Dracula fought her several times along the way. She may not live."

He rubbed her hair from her eyes slightly as he continued to heal her.

"In any case." he said. "That's all I can do. I have healed most of her physical wounds. I need more energy. Can anyone else here heal while I rest and get my powers back? And try to fix this barrier?"

"Thanks." Roxy said. She saw Leon's obvious nervousness about Rena. What had happened to make him distrust her? Then it clicked. Tanner's comment about her disliking hybrids. Leon and Tanner were both hybrids. But she could smell no hostility coming from the girl. She turned to the new guy when he asked her a question, walking closer. She whimpered slightly and took a few steps back. "Umm..."She squeaked. "I followed my nose and I don't know?" Roxy said uncertainly.

-------

Tanner watched as Leon helped Roxy. Leon tensed up when Tanner mentioned that Rena disliked hybrids. "Oops..." He muttered. He put a calming hand on Leon's shoulder. "She won't hurt you. Rena doesn't particularly like us, but she would never attack you - or me. Especially not me." He said to the distressed man. Tanner turned to Rilain. "I can only heal myself. It happens extremely fast, and I cannot control it."

Edited by polaristar

Leon gently pick up Roxy and put her next to him.

"Be nice Arron i know you not trying to, just be nice." said Leon smiling at Roxy.

"It is fine Tanner, just i have had my share of run ins with pure bloods. They seem fine now Tanner, but they do turn." said Leon remembering that day again. Leon's face was filled with regret and pain.

" If only I knew." said Leon to himself.

"He slanted his eyes at here you followed your nose?"he asked but turned around as rilain spoke. He walked over to him looking down at the women " I'm not good with healing or medical work but I can assist with the barrier if you'd like and I would appreciate it if you would hand over my staff so I can start. I don't want anymore uninvited guest's I don't think you want any to from what just happened with vlad or Dracula or whatever."

"Very well." Rilain replied, handing Aaron his staff from the floor where he'd left it. "I'll move my magic back from the barrier to assisting her."

He held out both hands, focusing. Soon, beams of light were emitted from his hands, shrouding Akane in a warm, comforting embrace which helped with the healing process.

----

Dracula tapped his foot impatiently.

"I know you're here...~" Dracula said, frowning.