Kirito

Supernatural

Aaron was startled awake by the sound of screeching chairs he looked around seeing the rest of the class walk out the door he grabbed his staff and walked out the door. "Man I'm hungry." He said hearing his stomach growl as he walked down the stairs and out onto campus grounds.

Rain looked up, sensing an interesting wave of emotions roll off of Raven. "Easy now. She probably has a good reason for not liking you." Raven mentally snorted. "Well it's a good thing I'm not playing games then!" She smiled brightly. Kill them with kindness. "So you caused it? And now you're on the lamb?" Laughing, she took a swig of her coffee. "We have a lot in common."

Skinner shovled his notes into his bag and slung it over his shoulder. Class was done and he threw away his coffee cup on his way out of the room. He didn't have class until later that evening. It was his least favorite class. Math 101. That's why he was taking it at dinner time. The professor didn't give a censorkip.gif, he just wanted to get home and eat like everyone else.

Skinner took a left when he exited the roof and walked the opposite way of all the other students. He had time to swing by his apartment and take care of some things. He had an experiment running in the refrigerator. He needed to work on the ruin posters he is working on. He needed to make a phone call.

Skinner unlocked his door with a tap of his smoking cigarette holder and entered his apartment. A pile of mail scattered with the motion of the swinging door. He collected the loose papers off the floor and filed through them. A thick brown envelope caught his eye. He ripped it open and dug inside. As he expected a stack of twenty dollar bills tumbled into his hand. Payment for his job last night. Four hundred bucks. HE should have gotten more after that thing tried to bite his head off. Then again, He did wreck an entire floor. He liked to think that he contained it to one floor.

Willow frowned and turned away completely, shifting her body away from the woman and to the wall instead. Considering she was still young, it was almost ironic such behavior was coming her. But considering her real age, it wasn't that uncommon. She turned to the dawf instead and began to rummage around her pocket for some money. "I should leave now. How much human currency do I owe you?" She often stole wallets from those she had mugged so money wasn't beyond her. She just needed to know how much to give since she wasn't sure what equated to what.

" Don't owe me squat kid. My treat." Vorn said with a smirk.

(( Really sorry for the one liner guys. I'm extremely sick atm and it's really hard to do anything that requires brainpower. ))

"Are you sure?" Willow asked, rummaging through a wallet. There were several sheets of paper and then several coins. Which was worth more? If he wouldn't accept the human currency, maybe she could repay him with something else. "Well, how about we come back again? Next time, I'll buy." She felt bad leaving unfinished ends.

Since class was over for awhile he decided to go home and grab his stuff and then be back for the rest of the day " well I guess I shouldn't worry about anything coming after me since they probably know who I am and what I can do right?"he though to himself walking down the streets of NYC his staff rattling on his back as cars zoomed by him.

(Ok. I posted my sheet over on the OoC thread.)

Tanner grabbed his gloves - specially made, of course. No regular old glove could withstand his scales. "I can't screw this up, not again." He growled to himself. Someone discovered he had wings, scales, and a tail, so he moved far away.

Tanner just wanted everyone to veiw him as normal. And if that meant hiding who he really was, then so be it. He folded his wings tightly against his back before pulling on a shirt and his windbreaker.

He concealed his tail as best as he could before sticking on some sunglasses and leaving his small apartment.

Maybe I'll go to the park, since school doesn't start 'till tomorrow. Tanner thought to himself.

He could already feel his wings starting to cramp and sighed. Maybe online college would have been a better option. But there was no going back now.

Edited by polaristar

Arata stood at the counter looking bored while Miyako was walking outside waiting for him,"When will this shift end..."He eyed the clock before taking several people's orders.Miyako was walking on the sidewalk humming a tune and looking around.

Nea yawned slightly, raising a covered hand to his mouth. His long, flowing cape billowed out behind him as he walked, the unusual colors and appearance attracting many gazes. It was honestly rare for him to walk out on his own, especially in broad daylight, but he had felt like he wanted to just enjoy the sunlight. He was, after all, celebrating his 25th year without his lamp falling into the wrong hands and it felt absolutely marvelous being his own master. Honestly, being a genie couldn't be more terrible. Whomever possessed his lamp he had to grant wishes for and he couldn't do anything to harm or kill them while they held it. Usually he bargained his way back into its possession by offering three wishes but he couldn't grant his own wishes at all. And the worst thing was that he had to stay very close to the lamp so it wasn't as if he could just bury the stupid thing.

With a sigh, he rubbed the golden arm decorations that physically bound his form to the lamp. He couldn't actually remove them and while the chains were invisible to the naked eye, the restraints still ached. One of these days, he was going to figure out a way to rid himself of the lamp for good. That would be a real dream come true.

Aaron walked into the apartment looking for his bag finding it in his kitchen. He grabbed it and sat on the couch " well class doesn't start for another hour or two so I guess I can hang out here."he said stretching out on his sofa. "And them maybe walk around brakebills campus for awhile tonight just to patrol and see if I find anything weird."

Tanner stuck his hands in his pockets as he walked down the street. He felt like he might be forgetting something. He had never been particularly forgetful, so when he did forget something it was a rare occurrence. But what was he forgetting? "I have my housekey, and I grabbed my wallet and - oohh." He murmured.

Tanner remembered suddenly that he had left his phone on campus when he was visiting yesterday. "Crap. Guess I'm going to the college."

He grabbed a taxi to the campus, flexing his fingers as he waited in the car. Finally, finally, the taxi arrived on campus. He paid the driver and hopped out, striding towards where he had left his phone. He spotted it at last.

"Ah ha!" Tanner exclaimed, grabbing his phone.

Edited by polaristar

Skinner had another job. He had gotten the call around ten. He was surprised to find that it was the college on the other end of the call. For the past week there had been eighteen 911 calls saying that a man in a long cloak had been stalking people. Skinner didn't find that too odd. It sounded like a job for the police instead of him. When the man on the other end said that there had also been eight deaths in the past two weeks, Skinner understood why he called him.

Each attack was between eleven and four in the morning. Almost every victim had severe postmortem bruising on the upper back. Cause of death was a single, surgical puncture to the back of the neck. Skinner wrote quickly on the pad next to his rotary phone. He had no idea what this could be. Sounded like it attacked from above, like a Roc or a Wrath. But the kill shot didn't fit. Well, maybe for a Roc it would. They usually will carry people away to never be seen again. Skinner would need some time for research and preparation

Around midnight, Skinner was on his way to the Breakbill campus. The man on the phone said that they would take care of it so he could work undisturbed. Good. Skinner wanted to lay low for a little while. He had his loud and wild phase in high school and he needed a break. All the stuff he thought he might need was in his leather pack on his back. Strapped to the outside of the bag was a banged up hockey stick. He packed relatively light for the job. Tonight was the night for recon. He had a vague idea what he was up against but until he saw it for himself he wasn't going to waste his time until he knew exactly what he was trying to kill. The guy on the phone had his money on vampire. Skinner hoped it was just a serial killer.

He reached the courtyard that extended off the side of the college. It was the smallest of the two. The door the man on the phone said to use was on the other side of the lit courtyard. He glanced around before starting across the lawn. It was damp tonight, like it was about to storm. He reached the door, "Do Not Enter. Extermination in Process" Skinner read the sigh out loud and chuckled. There was one taped to the inside of every door to allow Skinner to work in peace. He tapped on the door with his cigarette holder and he bolt clicked. That trick, his Dad's trick, worked on just about any metal lock. He loved it.

Inside, Skinner made sure the door was locked before heading towards the center courtyard. That was where the teacher was attacked the night before. She was alive but in critical condition. The doctors said that she was almost completely drained of blood. Skinner really hoped that this wasn't a vampire.

He uncorked a powder horn strapped to his hip and let a thin stream of black powder flow onto the floor behind him. Volcanic sand. Great for retracing your steps. Or check if someone is following you. The halls were silent except for the gently patter of sand hitting the floor. He set off into the dark, heading for the center courtyard.

Aaron woke up pulling out his cell his eyes straining to read the time noticing he slept the the rest of the day and class "well what are you ganna do about it?" He said getting off the couch and walking into his closet grabbing his hoddie swinging it around him shoving his arms through it.

"Time to get to work I'll have to call the library later to tell them I can't go to work today..."he grabbed his staff taking off the bright orange cloth holding it as he walked out the door the cool willow wood in his hands the runes he engraved in it started to glow a faint orange. He pulled up his hood walking to Brakebills.

When he got there he noticed signs on every door " what the hell? Extermination of what?" He walked up to the door he looked around him seeing camras and this door had one of those fancy locks that needed a professors key card. "This is to easy" he held his staff in front of him uttering malivaso a wave of electro-magnetic waves came from his staff short circuiting everything with in a 20 kilometer radius " that should knock out lights and camras but it looks like I'll need a new phone forgot I had it one me." He cursed under his breath while walking into the building.

Disappearing down one alley and reappearing in another was a simple feat for the genie. The dull, iron lamp tucked under his arm was closely guarded by him as he turned to look around at his destination. A college. Not exactly his cup of tea but college students were prime targets for the business he had found himself in. He'd personally never ventured to the college but apparently, his associates found many willing clients there. Maybe he could start branching out into other types of illegal activities more heavily aimed at students. Then again, students tended to have less money than he liked.

Strolling around almost idly, Nea turned to look at the surrounding buildings before making his way over to one of the doors. "Extermination?" He muttered, lifting up the sign in a hand. Well, it was late so there would be few students around to convince to buy his wares. He could always have a bit of fun . The paper burned briefly in his hands and the ashes fell to the ground before both the genie and his lamp vanished in a purple glow, only to reappear back on the inside of the door. With a slight shrug, he slowly walked forward, deciding to see exactly what kind of extermination was going on.

Miyako started to drag Arata towards the collage campus."Why are we going here?"He asked as they came closer."Well I want to check out the collage,"She explained,"And it's midnight everyone should be sleeping by now."The duo entered the campus and found a door that had ashes near it."Why are there ashes here?"He said as he knelt down and looked at them.

Nea continued to boldly stride forward, his forward pace not slowing or stopping as his body started to turn to smoke. It began with his feet and hands but gradually, his entire form had turned into twisted, purple and gold smoke. This smoke, unable to hold the lamp, caused the iron thing to drop to the ground with a clatter. But this form was only temporary as the smoke swiftly swirled around, forming the long body of a hooded cobra. As with all of his forms, this one kept his original purple, black and gold color. Of course, being a tiny cobra was of no use to him so it was only natural that his transformed state be a large snake, with his body rivaling the size of a full-grown crocodile. A golden tongue flicked out of his mouth as his tail coiled around the iron lamp. He'd hide it somewhere nearby then set about with some proper mischief before returning to it later. With a slight his, he moved over to a vent by the ground and peered into it before turning sharply to smash it with his body. The vent, being old and loose, crumbled and it was a simple matter to slip the lamp inside before continuing down the hall.

Tanner grumbled to himself, wondering why he had decided to come to the campus this late - oh wait! It was because he forgot his cell phone - which was now broken - yesterday. And now he was thoroughly lost, having wandered around for at least an hour. He considered flying, but it was still to bright in New York, even at night.

He finally found a door that looked like it might lead to the exit of the infernal school. But it had a sign hanging on it that read 'Extermination in Progress'. But what exterminator comes out close to midnight to exterminate a freakin' animal? Not that Tanner cared.

He muttered something about flimsy human construction and decided to just rip the door off its hinges. He failed to notice the camera in the corner of the hallway. He slipped through the mangled doorway and hurried down the hall.

It was quite creepy here at night. His eyes darted to and fro, searching for some unseen threat. Something wasn't right... A flash at the edge of his vision confirmed his suspicion. He sniffed the air, and was slammed with the disgusting scentl of something that wasn't quite human.

Another figure flashed at the edge of his vision. Tanner tensed, his tail twitching nervously. There was an unseen threat in the school, and he was alone.

Vorn grumbled restlessly as the barista, exasperated, herded him out the door at the closing time.

"I bought something... deserve to stay..." He mumbled under his breath.

Knowing he would not win this battle, however, he (You guys have no idea how hard it is to not use words like "Waddle" and "shuffle" when describing Vorn's walking.) hurried across the street and into the alley.

After a few wrong turns, Vorn unwillingly arrived at the college. Before turning back, however, he noticed an unusual amount of people entering the college so late. His eyebrow raised, Vorn decided to investigate, the nosey attitude attributed to dwarfs taking over.

He once again hurried across the street and stood outside the front doors of the college.

A loud sigh escaped him. "I'm more than a hundred years old, and my only source of entertainment is pissing around at a college."

Dhagon's blank face edged into a smile as he observed the college from atop a building nearby.

Hmph. Looks like the college serves to attract many odds and ends when the day begins to come to a close.

He closed his eyes and opened them to find himself, unsurprisingly, on the roof of the college. He contemplated which entrance would draw the least amount of attention.

Skinner paced through the halls silently, the only lights were the few florescent whining above his head every twenty feet or so. well that was the case before everything flickered off at once. Skinner immediately removed his holder from his mouth, "Voluxccur", he mutter. A small orb of light ballooned from his holder and hovered in the air in front of him. It surrounded him in a thin veil of light. Minor protection from the bogyman he was hunting. He paused for a moment to listen. He could defiantly hear something in the building with him. That was the problem though. The city noise. It had stopped. The next window he passed he stopped to look. The city that never sleeps, was dark. As far as Skinner could see there were no lights on. No distant rumble of the subway. No faint radio broadcasts. Nothing. The city was silent. What Skinner couldn't see was that every electronic within two hundred and forty city blocks was now ruined. Of course, that meant that all cameras, electronic locks, and lights in the school were also offline. That, of course, didn't matter to Skinner.

Finally, he managed to make it to the center courtyard. He shouldered the door open and extended his cigarette holder into the sky, "vitae depreh-...defrehen", he stumbled over the pronunciation and glanced at the notes he wrote on his arm, "vitae deprehendimus", he said. There was no visible indication that his experiment had worked. That was good. If it had detected anything, something would have happened. Skinner walked to the center of the grassy courtyard and dropped his bag. He sat cross legged in the grass and unrolled a cloth work area. He wouldn't want anything to fall on the grass and indicate that he had been there. There was a strange amount of fireflies blinking in the courtyard. Skinner shrugged it off though, fireflys are good luck, right?

Twenty or so minutes later, he heard a bang from the south side of the school that caused him to look up from the charm he was working on. He froze. Standing on the north side of the courtyard was a figure in a long, dark trench coat. Skinner swallowed and started to stand slowly, "Hello! I can see you, you know", he called to the silent shape in the darkness that remained, surprise, silent. Skinner blew through his holder and ejected the smoldering remains of his cigarette. Maybe it was just a serial killer. Which is good and bad for him.

Without warning, the thing closed the distance between them at amazing speed. Skinner backpedaled and all suspicions of a human perpetrator vanished. The figure's coat flung back, revealing that it wasn't a coat at all. It was a set of huge insectoid wing. The inner surface shimmered under his fairy light like mother of pearl. Strangely beautiful compared to what they were attached to

The beast was humanoid in shape. That was where the human ended. IT balanced itself on two, spindly black legs that pieced the ground it walked on like a needle in flesh. Skinner tripped over his leather bag and landed hard on his back. His holder discharged in his mouth and fired a pellet of fire at the monster. IT bounced off it's chest, illuminating the glossy black surface of it's skin. Two sets of tiny arms protruded from it's chest. Skinner cursed when the thing lept into the air and landed on top of him. It's head was like that of a dragonfly. Two black compounded globes sat on either side of it's head like tumors. It screeched and opened it's maw. Skinner barely had time to jerk to the left before a long spike fired from the creature's mouth and embedded itself in the grass just inches from his head. He could see that the proboscis was covered in tiny hairs. Much like the ones you would find on a house fly. It retracted it's weapon and glared down at Skinner.

Or at least he thought it was glaring. Kinda hard to tell with soulless bug eyes. Skinner shouted and swung his hockey stick up from where it slid when he tripped. He only just managed to get his hand around the worn, leather bound handle. The beast recoiled in surprise, screeching like something from his nightmares. Skinner scooted backwards to get from underneath the bug, which was bleeding some kind of clear liquid from where Skinner manged to catch it with his stick. He sat up and swung the hockey stick again, harder this time. It connected with the side of the monster's head, causing one of the thing's eyes to explode in a shower of thick, clear blood. It clutched at the side of it's face and turned. Before Skinner could even think about getting up, it was already scurrying away. "Hey!", Skinner yelled as he scrambled to his feet to gie chase, leaving his bag on the ground. It would be fine.

The beast, which Skinner decided to call Skeeter, burst through one of the glass doors on the east side of the courtyard. Skinner jumped through after it. It looked like it was trying to get airborne but couldn't becasue of the damage he did to it's wing. Skinner clutched his hockey stick with both hands and mimed a slap shot, "vimm impelerant!", he yelled. A smoky, shapeless apperition zoomed down the hall towards Skeeter. Who decided then to take a quick right. The experiment glanced off it's left side, spinning it off it's feet and through the window at the end of the hall. Skinner pumped his fist in a small display of victory and ran to the window. It couldn't have fallen far, this was the first story after all.

When he reached the broken window, he was surprised to find that there was no Skeeter laying in the bushes. Only broken glass. Skinner vaulted through the broken window, his boots crunching on the broken glass. Where did it go he thought, turning three sixty. All he could find was a fragment of wing and the signs of a struggle. Skinner frowned and reached for his cigarette holder. He groaned when he found that it wasn't in his pocket. All he had was his hockey stick, stupidly clutched in his hand. He must have lost it when Skeeter attacked him in the courtyard. Skinner extinguished his floating light and started around the side of the school, He would have to find a different door back inside.

Lucky for him. The power outage knocked out the door security as well. He thought he would be able to just open the door but no. It stopped fast. Duh people usually lock the doors of buildings at night with more than a security card. Those were for the daytime so they could leave the doors unlocked to everyone that is suppose to be there. Skinner tapped the glass gently with the blade of his stick and the door lock thunked open. He pushed the door open and headed back for the courtyard, he needed to pack up and leave. He definitely wasn't hunting a vampire. he would need to do some more research and draw up a new plan.

(((BAM! Had some fun)))

Following her little problem with the mutt, Willow had taken to trying to reclaim the college. Whatever had caused her headache, be it the man or not, seemed to have vanished as she was left to her own devices. Only a few people seemed to drift in and out but, after some time, it eventually settled into silence with only the flickering streetlight shining overhead. Then, all at once, that faded. Immediately, it struck her as something being off as not just one streetlight, but all of them had suddenly gone out. With a frown, she took a small step away from the table she had been sitting at, looking around in the moonlight. Actually, nothing was on. It was like the entire college and surrounding area had just shut down. Her clothes faded into fur as the young girl was reverted back into her small, true form and dainty hooves carried her across the dark area. Nobody was out and with all of the lights out, cameras would be out as well. That meant it was safe to travel in such a way and it certainly carried her farther faster to do so. Swinging her head around, she looked about, trying to find the source of what had caused the power to go out so suddenly.

Aaron ran after the banging noises" "what the hell is going on over there?"he running through the halls when until he reached a room that was opened looking at the broken window. He walked up to it looking out and then around the room and then back out"Hello!"he almost shouted then muttering"ignus infusiarus" a small ball of fire coming to life in his hand. Whatever was in here he wanted it to come to him not go to it.

Skinner finally made it back to the courtyard without so much as a chirp from his Skeeter friend. He crossed the grassy yard and reached his stuff. Right away he found his cigarette holder, flung not to far from where he was pinned down. He stashed it behind his ear and went to his bag. He frowned and nudged a overturned bottle with the toe of his boot, "Dammit", he hissed. That big cockroach knocked his stuff everywhere and ruined the charm he was working on. He sighed and rolled up his leather work space and tucked it away in his bag. He packed the rest of his things and strapped his hockey stick to the outside of his bag. He slung it over one shoulder and walked back into the school.

midnight twenty he thought as he checked his watch. That was plenty of time to be up all night. He was going to need it if he was going to track down Skeeter. He couldn't get that nightmarish monster out of his head. It was by far the scariest thing he had ever seen and he saw a disembodied head trailing her internal organs the night before. He climbed the stairs to the second floor, his fairy light illuminating the way and casting flickery shadows that made him jump. Once he reached the second floor, he headed for his mother's office.

His mother's office was the brightest room in the school. No, probably the whole block. With a unsafe amount of candles lit on nearly every available surface, the room was enveloped in a warm gold glow that made Skinner homesick. He was sitting at his mom's desk with a stack of books in front of him. There was a kind of thump outside his the wooden door and Skinner paused his reading. He shrugged and went back to his book. It wasn't like anything could break into this room, living or not. His mom and dad pumped so much power into the security of this office. If he wasn't related to them, Skinner wouldn't even be able to get in.

Tanner decided the best idea would be to run for where he thought he saw the courtyard earlier. He could fly if needed and there was a lot more space. He took of his jacket and sprinted towards the door, flinging it open and breathing a sigh of relief when he found himself outside. His wings twitched in anticipation. He sighed and took off his shirt, unfurling his wings with a sigh of relief. He freed his tail and peeled off his gloves, stuffing them in his pocket.

Tanner leaped into the air, flapping his wings. He surged upwards, surprised to see a number of people heading towards the campus. He decided it best to land, even though the poaer had gone out for no apparent reason. He flew towards the roof and landed on it with a loud thud. He cursed himself for being so loud and hoped no one had heard.

He looked around, seeing no sign of the creature from earlier. He relaxed, knowing that for now, he was safe.

Dhagon observed the dragon-esque creature burst into the air and land on the roof.

A veritable playground of myths. He thought to himself.

He blinked and was instantly behind the creature, which he now believed was a human-dragon hybrid. He kept his silence and in a flash put his thick, muscular arm around the creature's neck in a headlock of sorts. ((You're welcome to break out, but for the sake of getting a serious story going, i'd ask you to play along. I have no intent to hurt your character.))

"Keep your silence or lose your head, beast." Came out in a deep, guttural growl.