Kirito

Supernatural

Tanner let out a startled grunt when someone's arm wrapped around his neck. "Keep your silence or lose your head, beast." He heard the stranger snarl. Tanner was quite sure that this wasn't a person, and was certain that this... thing... was an enemy. A silent growl rumbled in his throat. He relaxed his body completely, hoping to catch whoever it was off balance so that he could escape. The thing that puzzled Tanner most was how this being got on the roof. He was alone just moments ago, so how had this happened? Most likely teleportation of some sort. Mages could do it, but so could a number of other creatures. The worst of which were demons. They were said to be all but invincible, and that not even the poison of a dragon's tail could kill them. His father said these legends came from centuries ago though, and to take them with a grain of salt. But Tanner was also aware that he was in some major trouble, and if this creature had the bravery to attack the likes of him, then it must be powerful.

Vorn heard footsteps and a grunt from the roof.

Company, charming.

The dwarf returned to the access ladder he had previously reached the roof with. It had been patched with a simple padlock.

"Really broke the bank with security, this place." He mumbled sarcastically.

The lock clicked as he finished picking it, and the cage around the ladder swung open. The dwarf hustled up the ladder, quickly taking cover behind an exposed air duct.

As he peeked out, what he saw was... questionable at the least.

The large man he had seen earlier held some sort of dragon man in a headlock.

His revolver made a muffled click as he pulled back the hammer, ready for the worst.

The hybrid went nearly limp in his grip, and he struggled to keep hold of him.

"Here's the deal... Tell me where the rest of the uniques are and i'll purge you last. Sound fair?" He kept his grip tight on the nearly ragdolled figure.

Finally Skinner found a lead that matched the discription of his insect friend in a old hide bound book he found at the top of his mother's shelf. From the thick layer of dust, no one has opened it in quite a while. He found Skeeter on the first page. It was called a Adze. A shapeshifting under fae from African lore with the thirst for human blood and the ability to posses. Seems that when threatened, a Adza will shift into a swarm of fireflies to confuse and escape it's enemy. Perfect. The courtyard was full of them when I got there. he thought, trying to find a way to kill it. Finally, at the bottom of the page he found what he was looking for, "Adza are feirce by nature and there is no..know way to kill or defend from one", Skinner swore under his breath and sat back. So he was being hired to kill a unkillable firefly monster that sucked out people's blood and spinal fluid.

Skinner rolled up his sleeve and read the list of victim's names that his employer had given him. He had said that there was no pattern other than they were all killed between eight p.m and five a.m. Skinner's brow furrowed, that meant that it only hunted after the sun went down. that means that it must have a den where it sleeps. He shut the book and stashed it in his bag. He would have to do some more research when he got home. Unkillable meant unkillable but Skinner wasn't one for giving up. Especially where there is a pretty big lump of cash riding on said killing. Skinner untied the powder horn from around his waist and uncorked it. He poured the remaining volcanic sand into a empty jar and replaced it with a special blend of rock salt and church ash. He knew it was odd of posses the ashes of a burned church but this was a different time and insurance scam has no preference. He tied the horn back around his waist and positioned upside down it on his right hip. He was ready to go.

He was halfway done drawing a protective circle around the entire campus. He was careful to keep it as close to the shrubbery as he could. His trail was imperfect but that was ok. The church ash would fill in the gaps. He drew a tiny hallowed symbol in the corner of each doorway he passed with pumas chalk. In theory, since Skeeter fed off of humans, he assumed it was evil enough that improvised hallowed ground wouldn't allow it to pass. He knew for a fact those symbols worked on vampires. He had seen his dad draw those little symbols on slips of paper to slip into the shoes of his demon and vampire buddies when they came to visit.He glanced in both direction to check that he was alone. He was. Skinner turned on his heel and continued on his lap around the school.

Aaron decided to search the Court yard after he had walked around brakebills for awhile finding nothing. He reached the double doors leading outside his fireball emitting a faint orange glow when he saw two beings floating in the sky he paused at the door looking outside putting his fireball out "hope they didn't see the light he said peering outside. Seeing no one out there he walked out side pulling up his hoddie zipping it up.

He continued to walk around the courtyard when he saw somebody drawing a circle he speed up a little feeling no sense of danger but readying his staff maybe this guy had some answers most likely "Hey man what are you doing here this late?"

Edited by Kirito

(((They are on the roof. Not floating in the sky)))

Skinner was making his way around the back of the school. He was almost back where he started and he can complete the circle. Good. He was already sick of this job and it wasn't even close to being done. He walked to the row of doors that opened to the main north corridor to draw the symbols on the top corners of all the doors. He paused mid drawing when a flickering light caught his eye. From his position, he could look straight through the glass doors and into the courtyard in the center of the college. He cupped his hands around his face and pressed it against the glass. There was definitely something casting light on the other side of the courtyard. Skeeter couldn't be back already? Could he? The light went out. He must have shifted back to his trench coat form. Skinner had to admit, that was pretty clever to disguise itself as a murderer. That way it would just look like a bizarre homicide. He needed to finish this circle. If he finished it before Skeeter left, he could corner it inside the building and kill it. Or at least capture it. Skinner finished up the row of doors and picked up the pace to finish what he started.

Edited by padfoot

Tanner struggled to keep still with all of his dragonborn instincts telling him to attack. He was confused, to say the least. Uniques? Purging? He bit his lip, thinking. Then it hit him. Uniques - other supernaturals. Purging - killing them.

"Why tell you, if you're just gonna kill me anyways?" He grunted. "Besides, I have no clue where any other supernaturals are, that's your problem."

Tanner grinned wickedly. He had been stalling for time by talking. "One more thing. Most people don't like it -" he started, unfurling his wings and whacking the creature with his tail "- when you put them in a headlock!"

-----

Lucifer finished the spell he was working on. He was in the middle of a powerful potion that would make the drinker invulnerable for a short time. He turned to look at his blackboard and his gaze fell on his roughly made demon (or creature of similar origins) detector. It glowed red when there was one nearby. "Crap." He muttered.

Lucifer grabbed his staff and spun his enchanted handguns into their holsters. A while back he thought it would be a good idea to enchant a couple of handguns to shoot small magical orbs of energy instead of bullets. The results where hanging in holsters on his hips.

He murmured a spell that would create a portal near the monster and not right next to it. He may be daring, but not stupid. He stepped through the portal and found himself standing on... nothing. Oh crap. "Tardus lapsum" he murmured, his fall then slowing so that he landed safely and softly on the ground.

Lucifer heard numerous thumps and grunts from the roof, so the culprit had to be up there. He looked around, seeing a man intent on pouring... something... on the ground. All he had to do was not catch his attention. Easy, right? Apparently NOT. Because he had let go of his staff after he muttered the spell, and it landed with a semi-loud clatter next to him. "Oops." He squeaked.

Edited by polaristar

((Dragging my characters to the sidelines for a few days. Leaving tommorow. ))

Rain finished off her coffee, stood, and headed to the door. Raven caught her eye, dipping her head ever so slightly. "That's great and all, but I gotta go." She stood, following Rain. "So what'd you find out? Make any friends?"

"No, that woman is whack. Oh, that guy? He shot a few rounds to spook some punks and everyone freaked out." She nodded, taking mental note. "So avoid the crazy man?"

"Do what you want, Raven. Let's find a place for the night."

"I'm heading out."

"Raven..."

"What!?" She grimaced, whirling to face Rain. "You can't keep doing this. You need to sleep sometime." Raven shook her head. "You don't really need to sleep. You just do. Scientifically proven."

"You know that isn't true." The wolf shifter crossed her arms. "You just said to do whatever I want. You're not my mother." Rain sighed and shook her head. "No, I'm not. But I'm your sister and I care about you." Raven turned away from Rain. "Insomnia, is what you have. You're still having night terrors, aren't you?" But Raven was already running. "Dammit." Shaking her head, the angel reached out into her mind. "Come back. I can help you."

"Get the hell out of my head, Rain. No. You can't." It was rather useless, trying to convince someone like Raven. She was as thick headed as they came.

((You will be missed.))

A loud grunt of discomfort escaped Dhagon's mouth as the dragon hybrid unfurled his wings, and slammed its tail into him.

He stumbled backwards slightly, letting go of the unique. His pupil-less white eyes tinted a reddish color, and his scars and veins glowed brightly with the unholy energy flowing within them.

" Wrong choice. Now its time to purge." Came from his mouth, although it had lost the scary and intimidating aspect and jumped straight to a multi-layered, hellish voice that sounded like a roaring flame engulfing a home.

He leapt forward and swung a huge fist at the creature that had angered him, but he was stunned as a sharp pain leapt into his forehead. He stood still for a second, and touched the source of the pain. His hand felt hot metal, and he retrieved a crumpled bullet from his forehead. Dhagon looked up. A stout , short figure stood pointing a large revolver at him.

"Are you ****ING SERIOUS!?!" he exploded.

Vorn stood tall (well as tall as a dwarf can stand) next to the air duct, holding his revolver in his hand. He pulled back the hammer, ready to take another shot, when he realized he had littled to no effect on the beast.

".... I immedietly regret this course of action." Vorn grumbled nervously.

Edited by Peelzies

Skinner only had a little farther. He could see the corner that he started. He got smart and already did the doors on this side of the building. He was almost done. Then he could do a quick walk through and be done with his night. He still had classes in the morning, after all.

Somehting heavy landed behind him and he nearly jumped from his skin. He figured that Skeeter would rear it's ugly head. He wasn't letting it get the drop on him again. Skinner threw off his bag and slid the hockey stick from it's straps. He spun on his heel and brought the blade down on the stick that had clattered to the ground behind him. He hesitated on the third strike after he had time to really get a look at what he was attacking. He straightened and hung his weapon to the side. Glancing around, he had no idea where the stick had come from. He honestly didn't really care where it came from. If it had an owner, he was sure that he or she was missing it. He bent down and picked up the wooden staff and propped it up against the building. He turned on his heel and starting off, snagging his bag off the ground as he went.

At last the trails of powder crossed. Skinner celebrated by tapping the intersection with the the handle of his hockey stick. The smell of sulfur and chocolate filled the air all around the outside of the building as the circle connected, temporarily making the campus hallowed ground. Now all he needed to do was find that Adza.

(((Sorry it seems like I'm ignoring you. I kinda had a thing that I was typing before I realized that you posted. I had to tweak my post to react with yours)))

"Thanks!" Tanner panted. He had a plan that might slow the beast down enough for them to get away. His tail glinted with newly made poison and he plunged it into the creature's foot (which was rhe only thing he could reach at the time). He then scrambled to his feet and raced over to where the small man was standing. "Need a lift?" Tanner asked him, figuring he might as well offer since the small man would be in more trouble than him if he left him up there.

-----

Lucifer gulped and receded into the shadows, relieved when he wasn't seen. He darted out and grabbed his staff, holding it at ready in case the man tried to whap him with the hockey stick. Now he just needed to figure out a way unto the roof. He heard an angry roar and figured someone had probably attacked the creature. Not a wise decision, but it saved him a trip. Whoever it was would probably run, leading the creature to him.

Perfect. he thought, crouching down into the shadows to wait.

((That's alright.))

Edited by polaristar

He walked up to were that guy was wondering what he was doing when he saw some one come out of the shadows picking up their own staff and then melting back into the shadows " man there's all kinds of weird things going on here tonight."he looked down and then up smelling sulfur and what was that? Chocolate why were chocolate and sulfur mixed that when he heard a roar coming from the roof " well guess I'm going up there."

(It's all cool dude and sorry for short post.)

Edited by Kirito

Skinner opened the door to his left and entered the darkness of the building. The night was beginning to set heavy on his shoulders. He had been going wide open since nine this morning. His late night at the hospital l the night before was on top of that too. It was clear Skinner just wanted to get home so he could get some rest. He shifted his cigarette holder in his mouth as the door slammed behind him, "vitae deprr-depre..hendi-" He held his arm up to the light and read the diacriticals he had written on his arm, "Vitae Deprehendimus". Finally getting the pronunciation correct, he clamped he teeth down hard on the plastic tube. His burning cigarette jerked his head to the right and had him looking at a set of double doors. Ohhhhh, Something was alive out there. Skeeter must have used that stick as a distraction. Skinner was thoroughly distracted while he beat it to death. Skinner crept towards the door, maybe he could flank it or get behind it. As he reached the door, the moonlight in the window was blotted out by a shadow. Skinner didn't think, he just reacted.

The double doors burst open and slammed into the person on the other side. He charged forward and tackled the figured to the ground. He managed to wrestle one of Skeeters appengages under his knee and straddled the man and raised his hockey stiick over his head to beat his head in. That's when he relized that he was attacking a person, and not a six foot cricket. He frowned, 'Oh censorkip.gif. My bad man", he released the man and helped him to his feet, "Sorry about that, Partner". He moved behind him and dusted his back off, "Hey, you haven't seen a tall man in a trench coat, have you?" he asked, "Or a abnormally large amount of fireflies?" Skinner flinched when something roared on the roof. "What the censorkip.gif is going on? We are not in the sixteen hundreds. You can't just roar as loud as you want anymore.", she said, not surprised that something ever roared in the first place.

"Owww..." Lucifer moaned, heaving himself to his feet. "It's alright, I guess." He said, rubbing his head where the man had hit him. Lucifer wasn't completely used to being caught by surprise. And he definitely hadn't seen a giant cricket lately. Or fireflies. "No, sorry man. Whatcha lookin' for a giant cricket for, partner? Seems like a strange hobby." Lucifer responded.

"I'll tell ya' what's goin' on, partner. There's a demon or demon like creature on the roof. Some moron just attacked it and I'm waitin' for it to chase 'em so I can attack. Those guys ain't the smartest tools in the shed, lemme tell you." He explained, his right hand resting on his gun in case any malicious creatures caught them by surprise.

(((Skinner didn't mention a cricket...)))

Skinner listened to the ridiculous dressed man as he explained something he had no idea was going on. Skinner laughed condescendingly when he finished explaining the situation, "I wasn't hired to banish a demon", he said, "Doesn't sound like there's anything in it for me, so I will not be in it". He needed to sweep the school for Skeeter. He looked at the man confused, "Wait, you're waiting to attack this demon? Why?", he asked. This Demon didn't seem interested in this man, why was he out to kill it, "IT sounds to me that it's the demon we should be defending. They aren't all bad, you know?" he said, shifting his weight from his left foot to his right, "Whats in it for you?" To him, it sounded this guy was ready to pounce just for the sake of fighting. Well, he wasn't sure what to expect from a guy wandering a college campus dressed like a cowboy. One thing was for sure, he wasn't going to go looking for a scrap with a demon.

(((My bad, sorry)))

Lucifer scowled at some of the man's questions. Wasn't specifically his fault though, he didn't know his past. Or, well, the lack of one. "I dunno what you've been hired for, partner, and it's really not my place to ask. But lemme tell ya' this - I hold a grudge against them demons, and for a good reason, too. One of 'em killed my mentor and only friend. Five years ago I lost my memory and knew nothin' 'bout myself 'cept for my name. I looked fifteen then and thought i was - now I'm not so sure. Mage took me in and taught me magic. Said I was a natural, he did. One day a demon stops by for revenge on 'im. Mentor hid me and died protectin' me. I went to attack and find him gone. I've been huntin' down demons ever since, tryin' to find the one that killed 'im." Lucifer said gravely.

"I'm also not sayin' there's anything in it for ya'. I'm just warnin' ya'. And if you're not gonna' get involved then don't, but stay the heck outta my way." Lucifer stated, a thinly veiled threat in that statement.

-----

Tanner bit his lip, coming to a snap decision. The man would be in a heap of trouble if they didn't get off that roof fast. He shrugged. "Sorry, buddy. But you're gonna be in way over your head if I leave you up here." He said.

Darting forward, he grabbed the dwarf easily before flinging himself of the roof. He used his wings to glide to the ground, landing clumsily. He put the small man down and dusted off his pants.

Tanner saw he had almost landed on top of two guys in the middle of a conversation - one was dressed like a cowboy, the other was holding a hockey stick. "Oops." Tanner said sheepishly.

(((Anyone else here?)))

Skinner looked around impatiently. Why was this guy telling him all of this? When the apparent magician finally finished Skinner snorted, "Ok...I didn't need to know any of that. I don't know your name. I don't know you. Why the hell would you tell a complete stranger any of that?". Ok, he couldn't trust this fellow. Especially if he was just hunting demons for no reason other than alienated hatred. Skinner now wanted nothing to do with him, "Oi! My godmom is a demon. Watch what the censorkip.gif you're saying", he said angrily, "Oh one more thing, Magic isn't real, you ****ing racist".

Skinner was about to storm off when a ****ing dragon soared from the roof and careened towards him. He quickly retreated to a safe distance and looked back at the dragon. It had been a while since he hadn't seen a dragon in person before. Despite his mute fascination, he didn't want to go through his normal habit of asking medical questions to strange species he meets. He was too peeved at that rodeo clown to take notes. Skinner glanced up at the roof. Maybe he should go check out this demon. Maybe he could see what all the ruckus was about.

Since the dragon had landed between him and Buffalo Bill, Skinner assumed that the conversation was over. He opened the glass plated door to his right and stepped back into the dark school. He might be a little rough around the edges but he thought he was a pretty good diplomat. He was raised by his parents friends just as much as his actual parents. Skinner had no idea how to get to the roof. That fact became apparent as he wandered the halls looking for a ladder. Skinner finally gave up and walked to a nearby row of lockers. locker 1408 he thought, looking over the tiny plaques. When he found it, he put in the code. 01-01-01. It wasn't meant to be hard. Skinner pushed through the back wall of the locker and stepped inside. The metal door clattered as it slammed behind him.

A rusty vent burst open on the roof of the college and Skinner drug himself out. He didn't remember that secret passage being so narrow the last time he used it. He dusted the cobwebs from his cloths and looked around. He could see a tall figure glowing slightly not too far away, "Hey! You there", he said as he walked closer, he noticed a puddle of blood forming under the man's foot, "Woah you're hurt. You need a hand?" Skinner tossed his bag off and dug around for the medical equipment he brought.

Edited by padfoot

Voices could be heard down below after the dragon had stolen the little man, and dropped themselves into the courtyard. Some words that stood out were

"Demon! Racist! Magic!"

Dhagon, not making a noise, looked at the man who had just crawled out of a vent. He slowly turned his body with him. The man asked if he was hurt, and began digging inside a bag.

Dhagon smirked.

"You think I am a demon.... I am an ancient." Dhagon said, in his hellish growl.

Dhagon began walking slowly, menacingly towards the man.

"Are you a unique?" He asked.

"Where are the rest?" He continued, not waiting for an answer.

His pace quickened, and his aura was released.

Vorn's face was white as he hit the ground. He got down on his hands and knees and clutched the grass tightly.

"Why... censorkip.gif...."

All of a sudden, his head began to pound,

Skinner regretted leaving his hockey stick back at the vent he exited through. This...ancient? Was creeping him out. The way he was walking towards him and not blinking. Not to mention the lava skin thing he had going on. The key around Skinners neck began to dance under his shirt, yeah yeah. I know I'm in trouble he grumbled internally. Skinner smiled when he asked a question, "Well yeah. I have been told that since grade school", he said with a smirk, "But then again, so was everyone else." Twenty questions talked over his little remark and Skinner frowned, "Rest? Do I look like the kind of person that likes people?" he asked with not a hint of sincerity, "If you mean that cowboy jackass and a dragon, I passed them on the way up here. You're not talking to them though, You're talking to me". He blew out a puff of cotton candy smelling smoke and adjusted the position of his Cigarette holder in his mouth. Skinner frowned when there was the sudden smell of flint in the air as a gently breeze washed over him. Skinner's brow furrowed, it's some kind of manipulative psyonic field he hypothesized as he stood up straight and slung his bag back on his back, what is this guy?

Aaron made his way up to the roof walking through the door noticing two people well a person and a weird looking creature who looked like a man. "Hey I know you."he pointed to skinner " but you...I don't know?"he looked at the Dhagon.

He walked up to Skinner "so what are you'll doing up here and we're you the one who was roaring and causing a ruckus up here people are trying to sleep you know."

Raven slowed to a stop, her ear twitching. Soon after leaving Rain in the dust, she'd shifted to her wolf form to better navigate the city. Using a fire escape, she hopped up onto the roofs of buildings. Here, she had the advantage. Out of reach, out of sight, she was free to do as she pleased.

Rain scoured the city. What has gotten into her? As of recent, she'd become rather introverted. However, at a moment's notice, she could take on a whole other personality. Was it the lack of sleep that affected her thought process? Or was something else at play?

Dhagon stopped approximately a foot away from the young man. His breath escaped his mouth, quite literally hot as a fire.

"You are brave. Confident. A useful ally. A shame it will go to waste." Dhagon paused thoughtfully.

"I will give you an opportunity you can't refuse. Join me, and be spared for a time."

He said.

Dhagon mentally praised himself for being so generous.

Skinner tore his eyes from the Ancient when another voice chimed from the access door. IT was...some guy he had never seen before. He looked puzzled and he glanced at the shimmery man next to him, "Um...I don't think I know you", he said, looking back at the newcomer. Skinner put his hands on his hips and shifted his weight nervously. He was saying that he was going to kill him sooner or later, "Uhhhh....Well...:, he said, his mind searching for some kind of plan, "Sure, why not". Being dead later was a lot better than being dead now.

He walked closer ignoring the other guy " I saw you drawing something out in the courtyard I tried to get you attention but you walked away what were you doing and who is that?"he pointed at the other guy looking him up and down " And did he say join me or die man that's so cliché but I'm up for a fight. I'm Aaron by the way"He held out his hand to skinner also grinning at Dhagon spinning his staff in his hand.

Lucifer ducked out of the way as a dragonlike creature hurled itself off the roof. It landed nearby and he realized it was carrying a small man, who looked sick. The dragon looked over sheepishly. "Oops..." He said.

Lucifer, thankful that the dragon boy had gotten him out of a rather confusing conversation with Skinner, walked over to the two. "Who are you?"

"My name's Tanner." The man... dragon... well, he said.

"I'm Lucifer. What are you, exactly?" Lucifer introduced himself, curious.

"I'm a dragon-human hybrid. And I made a demon like creature really angry. He was big with red stuff on him. Little dude over there saved my butt." Tanner said.

"Hmm..." Well, one thing was for certain. The creature on the roof wasn't the creature he was looking for. "Glad you got out of there safely, partner. I'm a mage, of sorts."

Tanner nodded. "Interesting. Anything you could do to cloak us from the creature up there?"

"Probably..." Lucifer murmured thoughtfully. "How'd you make him mad, anyways?"

"Well, he threatened to destroy me if I didn't tell him where other supernaturals were. Had me in a headlock. Shook myself free using my wings and tail, and he got really mad. Little guy over there shot him in the head, which only made him madder. I stabbed him with my tail, which had dragon poison on it, and then grabbed him and jumped off the roof. So here we are." Tanner explained quickly.

"Well... That's... Interesting..." Lucifer muttered.

(((Think our baddy vanished. It's been six days)))

"So you admit that I have no way of knowing you and you were just watching me from afar", he pointed out, looking at the shimmery man, "But nice to meet you, I guess." This new fellow, he seemed familiar. Oh wait. He was the one he saw in the courtyard with the lacrosse stick or whatever strapped to his back. Guess it was the staff he was brandishing in his right hand. "Fight? No No No. I picked die later. Not now", he said. This Ancient dude was not someone to mess around with. He was dripping with exotic matter and had a strange, old power to him. It made Skinner want to run back home and hide under some blankets. Well, that's how most of the Fae he comes in contact with makes him feel.