Kirito

Supernatural

((No offense, but I love how you pretty much time skipped without everyone else's consent. Not like I had plans for what I was doing beforehand, but... meh... I'll go with it, cause I guess there wasn't much I could do anyway, but please for future reference ask everyone before just doing it. Unless you did somewhere and I missed it.))

(( sorry i completely forgot i am so sorry ))

Edited by HellFireSouLess

Rena awoke groggily, her black-red hair in a mess and drool seeping from the corner of her mouth. Most of the night, she had spent searching for that scent, but it just disappeared and when she arrived home the sun was already beginning to rise. To top it off, she had incidentally transitioned into her true form and her tail was aching from sleeping on it wrong. With heavy eyes, she managed to sit up and look about the room in an attempt to gather her bearings. If one were to walk in, they'd believe she had been out drinking for most the night.

Smacking her lips a few times and pulling the covers away from her body, Rena was in no rush to get out of bed. When her feet touched the soft carpet flooring, she seriously debated on whether or not to even move. A couple minutes passed with her not even moving, eyes closed, until they suddenly snapped open and she quickly stood. Rushing to the bathroom, she took the necessary time to relieve herself, before slumbering back into her room and walking to her dresser. Evidently, at some point in the night she had managed to pull off her black, hooded jacket as it now laid in a clump on the floor just at the foot end of her bed. As for her other garments, they hadn't been so fortunate and they suffered from the heat her true form naturally gives off when she sleeps. They felt crisp, like a collared shirt you would iron before going into a business meeting. In other words, they were uncomfortable and would need to be loosened up in the wash. So, she was in need of a different set of garbs to wear.

A pair of black, knee high, military-styled boots, black skirt, white-frilled tank top, and a pair of black laced, fingerless gloves was her new style for the day. After she had removed her previous clothing, she had undergone a cleansing session that most dragon species were capable of. It was a lazier process than going to take a shower and achieved the same results. By heating their bodies, it usually cleansed them of smaller debris and dust they had accumulated, also eradicated the body of germs and unnecessary bacteria. As for her hair, it had temporarily became a mane of flame that removed any unwanted particles. After that, she added a dash of magic into the mix that gave her a fresh lavender smell. It was a short process when done in conjunction.

((You didn't have to delete it... dry.gif ))

Edited by zakku_uchiha

((Sooo... timeskip?))

Tanner's head rested on the door. He was sound asleep, his legs crossed in front of him. He fidgeted a little before his eyes shot open. His luminescent eyes darted around the room before he realized where he was. That nephilim's apartment. He was guarding the door. Apparently nothing was wrong, because nothing had disturbed him all night. And he was a light sleeper, so that said a lot. He climbed to his feet and stretched, careful not to bump anything with his wings or tail. Tanner yawned, blinking several times until he was fully awake. He absently wondered what time it was. Tanner decided it wasn't important when his stomach growled. "Now where's the kitchen..." he muttered to himself, carefully making his way through the apartment.

Leon slowly got up grabbing his stomach.

"No pain. Who healed me? Where am I?" said Leon looking around the room. He saw old antiques from what looked like in the 1700s to 1800s. Mixed with a bit modern furniture. Leon was amazed at the room.

"Lets see if I can stand?" Leon asked myself. He stood up with his legs shaking.

"Most be from all the sleep I had mixed with healing." said Leon smiling. Leon knew only way to get rid of this feeling. He began to do work outs.

"I most get stronger, so next time he will feel the pain i feel." Leon said aloud with a determine face.

" Hopefully no one see my scar on my back. I will never forget that day." said Leon remembering that painful day; the day that he lost control.

"I most not use my dragon side it is unpredictable." Leon said aloud with pain and agony.

Tanner stopped when he heard the patient - ahem, guest - get out of bed, speaking to himself. Tanner crept towards him, watching carefully in case he started to act hostile. When nothing happened, he shrugged, turning around again towards where he thought the kitchen was. Unfortunately, he tripped, losing his balance. "Shoot! What the heck did I trip on?" He muttered. Looking behind him then sighing. "My tail. Tanner, the guy who tripped over his own tail."

Leon heard a noise and realized that he was naked.

" Well hope they did not see they anything liked." said Leon looking for clothes in the room. He realized that there was a blanket. So he wrap it around him. Leon smelled a strange but familiar scent, he smelled dragon blood.

"Another dragon? Just who helped and who are they? Are they the ones who attacked me?" pondered Leon. He began to sweat and remember the pain he felt from the punches.

"- Attacked me?" Tanner heard the man from the other room said. He wasn't in any danger, was he? Tanner hurried back to the room, his muscles tensed. He relaxed when he saw it was just the man talking to himself. He was wrapped in a blanket, probably because his clothes had been removed in order for Rilain to heal him. I'll need to stop by my apartment and get a change of clothes. Some of my clothes might fit him too... Tanner considered thoughtfully, leaning casually against the doorframe.

[[HellFire, you can interact with any of my three once Leon's no longer tied up and free to leave Rilain's home.

Otherwise, anyone can interact with one of them. Kirit and Meztli are flying about in their energy forms.]]

It hunted during the night and during the day, going from one victim to the next and heedless of the hour. It just wanted food, it wanted relief from this ceaseless hunger and to return home. Wherever home was. Night passed by with three meals in its unsatisfied stomach. The sun rose with the morning but it paid no mind to the lightening world around it. Another scream and warm crimson further stained its chin while sustenance traveled down its throat. More. It wanted more, it needed more.

The Wendigo climbed out of the apartment, leaving through the shattered window it had used as an entrance. The beast scaled the building's wall, passing by sleeping forms tucked away in their beds and hurrying to the rooftop. Pain riddled its body but it didn't cry out with discomfort. It panted and huffed, sucking in large gasps of air to fill large lungs.

A voice saying "Mommy," haunted its singular thoughts but it didn't know where the voice came from, what it meant. With no name to remember, it held onto this word to label itself. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy....

Food. It wanted more food. Something with feathers started at its noisy approach but the emaciated creature snatched the animal out of the air with its long arm and shoved it, struggling, into it rotten-smelling mouth.

A jolt of electricity shocked its system, causing it to roar and stumble back towards the roof ledge. Looking around, it spotted two streams of energy. They seemed familiar but it couldn't remember. "Bad monster! Monster shouldn't eat the birds!"

"Monster eats humans. Monster eats humans!" Then the streams were gone, disappearing through the building's rooftop. It growled, trying to follow them by digging at the concrete. Pieces were thrown aside and it finally dropped down into the floor beneath, startling a man awake. The human screamed and, distracted by the prospect of another meal, the Wendigo lunged with a snarl to feast.

~~~~

Casani was up sooner than the sun, humming and whistling random notes that fell in line to create a pleasant piece of music. The Bard didn't need sleep so she always busied herself by surrounding herself with music. It was a safe thing to do as she never could guarantee that she'd have the opportunity for the lovely notes of a melody during the daylight hours. People were always so busy, running back and forth to get from one location to another and then back to their original place. It was almost like watching a mouse trying to run through a maze to reach the cheese in the center.

She paused, intrigued by the thought. Where had it come from? She hadn't thought of such an analogy before. In fact, she rather liked it and continue to repeat the thought in her head or vocally. Eventually, Casani stopped thinking of it and moved on; she had to take care of some school work from her students.

Out of the entire class of about a hundred students, she found a liking for about half of them. They were like little fledglings, waiting for their bodies to develop flight feathers so they could take off on the winds of music. Oh! Another analogy she quite liked. Chuckling with self-pleasure, she idly brushed a finger through her hair before heading out of the building. Of course, she didn't leave it like a human would. Oh, no! She spread ethereal wings and flew out through the window to her apartment. No one would see her. At least, no regular humans would. Even if the sun glinted through her ghostly form a certain way. No. Only those with a trained eye and knew what to look for could spot her.

[[Let me know if some of the Wendigo details are a bit much for any of you. I'll edit them and tone them down further.]]

Edited by Narvix

Skinner shot up from the place he fell asleep, which so happened to be his desk. He knocked a stack of books to the floor with his elbow and the papers tucked inside scattered across his floor. He looked at the puddle of research and old text pages. He could have sworn that a single tear dropped from the corner of his eye. It took forever to get all of that stuff marked. He dropped to his knees and tried to salvage what he could.

skinner had arrived at his apartment a little after four A.M. He was suppose to be working on a lab report but he couldn't get the events of the night out of his head. Before he knew it, he was setting up a temporal formula and doing as much research as he could. He had been taking notes on all of the supernaturals he met that night and was cross referencing it with the information he had in his books. It was amazing how diverse the population of the city was. On the wall behind him was a full sized map of the city. There was colored yarn woven between pushpins stabbing into specific locations on the map. It was a crude but organized way to keep track of all the inhuman encounters he had made in the past eighteen months. The group he met last night was all labeled with blue pins and blue yarn. The species they were confirmed to be was marked with tags in his books. Well it would be if he didn't ruin it. He was trying to find a scientific reason for such a concentrated gathering. He was leaning more towards astral alignment but it could be anything from moon phase to hollowed ground under the city. There was a pretty large lodestone hidden in the city that acted as a catalyst for high concentrations of Exotic Matter.

Skinner slammed the stack of books back on the desk, giving up on trying to reorganize everything. What he would give for a laptop. They looked so easy to use and simple to organize. Without one, he was going to have to rent out a separate apartment for all of his resources. Skinner stepped into the bathroom and shut the door to prepare for his day. He wanted to check the college for his pal Skeeter. Maybe he was right and the circle trapped it inside.

He reemerged with a toothbrush sticking from his mouth and moved to the kitchen to pop something in the oven for him to eat. He paused as he passed his desk. A very old book he snagged from his mother was laying open on the surface of his desk. It was a volume on Norwegian lore and the only place he could fine the name "Weyland." The book said he was a smiting god way back when. He was seen as the father of machinery and the keeper of forward progression. Basically he was a god at this point. Growing in power as machinery around the world progressed. The only problem was the description. Skinner saw a scrawny old prospector that stepped out of a ancient model of car. His legend depicts him as this great blacksmith. Complete with powerful demeanor and strong arms. Like all the Norse gods. Skinner could rationalize why he was in New York. This was the heart of the city and there was a major power outage last night. He must have came in to fix it since he remembered the lights coming back on the street he first appeared. Skinner shrugged and copied his notes into his field notebook.

After a healthy breakfast of leftover spaghetti, Skinner hit the sidewalk and headed for the college.

(((The wendigo censorkip.gif is pretty rad Narvix. It's just that Skinner hunts fae like him)))

Edited by padfoot

After Leon said those he began to feel dizzy,his legs began to shake again.

*Cough* Leon looked at his hands "Blood." said Leon with a smile.

"So the damage was greater than i thought." said Leon as he collapsed to the floor.

Once Rena was sure she was for the day's events, she made her way down the stairs and into the kitchen where she grabbed a slice of bread. From there, she continued to the front door, ignoring her parent's gazes coming from the dining room table. Just as she opened the door, it was slammed shut and she looked up to see her father glaring at her with amber eyes. Seemed they knew she was out late, or maybe they were just upset with her in general. You know, being the family abomination.

"Renalia, your Mother and I have been talking..."

Great, maybe they were going to disown her, attempt birthing another child to continue the pure lineage and then toss her into exile. Then she'd be a Zeganths as well or might as well be one, anyway. If that happened, she'd be sure to apologize to the dragon-hybrid if she ever met him again.

"After the Council we held last night, it was decided that your shun was to be uplifted as the events that resulted in your... impurity were not under any controlled events nor a purposely driven action conducted by your own will. Of course, there is a stipulation you must meet and that is to breed with the Pure Son of our Ancient Father. This means you will be the first in centuries to breed with a Pureblood dragon from the Great Line."

Rena had to turn and face her father directly, the baffled expression on her face unwilling to fade even after minutes of silence passed. What purpose resided behind this stipulation? Why have to breed with a Pureblood just to remove a shun? It was like the olden days of arranged marriages, a tradition ceased after the 5th Generation.

"You think that I'm..."

"Renalia! This was a matter discussed with the Council. If you do not meet the stipulation, the majority has sent a request for your exile. You'll be stripped of your name and all rights as a Dralven of the Hekzgin. It was your father who requested this stipulation so that we wouldn't lose you."

It wasn't uncommon to have a Zeganths out of incident or to find a Dralven banned from the main society, but to be exiled from the Hekzgin, the main line, was far worse than simply being a Zeganths at birth. From Dralven society, if that ever occurred you were far worse off than a Zeganths. Since the Hekzgin was a proud and powerful line, those exiled from them were no longer worth the extra air and were often tortured, tossed out, and hunted. So, it was either be hunted or breed with the Great Line. It was just...

"Why?"

"I convinced the Council that if you were to breed, you would pass on an ability that greatly strengthen our future generations. Immunity to sickness and disease and the possibility of connecting with the spiritual energy our ancestors lost in the third generation. If we were to regain the ability to use spiritual energy along with our magical and physical energies, we could regain our standing as a prominent and feared race."

"Feared? You want the other races to fear us? For what? Honor? Glory? Father, what will fear bring us in the long run? War?"

"Renalia, we had a place in this world, the Hekzgin were something even the angels did not wish to provoke. Now, we barely stand up to the Nephalem, having to go in numbers against a single opponent when we didn't even have to draw our swords in the old days."

"Father, why do you insist on drawing your sword? We have no quarrels and have we not been forming a stronger bond with the Nephalem as of late?"

"You will discover my reasons when you attain your first kill. You will feel the excitement the fight brings to our bodies, these bodies that were bred for and live solely for war."

With that, Rena watched as her father pulled his hand off the door and his eyes faded back into a golden yellow tone. Looking towards her mother, sapphire eyes stared back at her, back into her own emerald hue. There was a moment of silence for a while until Rena left the house, slamming the door behind her and leaving cracks in the frame.

Tanner gasped when the man coughed up blood before slumping to the ground. He darted forward and managed to stop his head from hitting the ground. He picked up the injured man bridal style. He was still alive, that much was certain. "Rilain! Somebody! Help!" He called frantically. What was wrong with him? Breath... The dragon hissed. So Tanner took a deep breath. The powerful scent of blood and pain hit his nose. Internal bleeding, perhaps? Tanner snarled. Where was everyone?

He came down and to the kitchen as he heard some one fall he ran to it seeing tanner"ya man you alright what's going on were Is everyone at?"he said helping him up and putting his arm on his shoulder "man dude your heavy try to walk." We're is the couch in this place and that angel guy at when you need him and my staff I could help if I had that to channel my energy."he growled.

[[^^ Thank you, Padfoot. I'm actually hoping for an encounter between Skinner and my wittle Wendy |D -shot-]]

It raced from rooftop to rooftop, leaping larger distances than a human could with its powerful legs. Food, food, food... All it could think about. The scents of various humans and non-humans would reach its nostrils and fuel its desire even further. Prey. Everything was prey to it, even if that prey could kill it in turn. But it never thought of its own death. It only ever thought of the death of its next victim.

Concrete chipped away under its ragged claws and heavy landings as it moved. Jumping down to a lower building, it hurriedly climbed its way down to the ground and entered the street. The morning crowd of people screamed and started to flee but a few became the next meal for the creature. While some gathered their wits enough to call for police, the Wendigo disappeared down another alleyway, climbing another building where it panted and growled, finishing the remains of someone's grandmother.

Mommy... Mommy...

What was "Mommy?" It didn't care. It labeled itself "Mommy," hearing the repetitive voice of a young child amongst its hungry thoughts. Grunting, the predatory creature left bloody handprints in its wake as it jumped to the next building. This one was taller, prompting it to sink long claws into the concrete wall and scale across to the front. Through the windows, it heard some people scream. However, it was fixated on a specific scent, a mingling of scents that created an intoxicating aroma for the Wendigo.

It had smelled such a scent before, something similar several years ago. It had been stuck to the flesh of prey that attacked it and left painful wounds. Those wounds had healed faster than the prey expected and it soon became a savory treat for the monster. The meal seemed like a hunter, just like itself, but it shouted out words that went unknown to the beast's thoughts.

Following that sweet aroma, the Wendigo scaled down the building's face, mouth working as it panted and growled. Sunken eyes fixated on the source of the scent, prey that walked the streets towards the large college.

Food... Mommy... Food....

"Glorious..."

He raised his hands to his face to get a better look at the sky. The sun irritated him. It caused him slight discomfort when he wasn't properly fed. He sighed, turning in slight circles to try and get a better adjustment to his new surroundings. He was in a forest, standing in front of the bunker he had just escaped from using the kind generosity of a pair of fresh-bloods.

How kind of them. He adjusted his suit slightly, smiling with an extremely, unsettling mouth, baring his fangs. Fresh blood gleamed from them. He licked them slightly, enjoying the taste of copper.

"Now, where is the one who sealed me? Rilain?" he said pleasantly, calling out. "Oh Rilain! Did you leave me now?~ Come back, my friend. We aren't quite done!"

He grunted, hands on his hips. "You weakling... of course you left me after the deed was done. Why stand around and wait? Feh. Now that means I actually have to LOOK for you. Glorious."

He stepped through the trees, using his heightened senses to make, well, sense of the situation. His eyes weren't quite adjusted to the light yet. As such, he stumbled slightly, cursing.

"You censorkip.gif***. You did this to me.." the man grumbled, crunching leaves underfoot. "I'm going to find you, Rilain.... I'm going to find you."

He continued along the path he had chosen, punching trees along the way in his fury. A path of broken trunks and crushed undergrowth marked his warpath. The dark energy which leaked from him like a fountain caused nearby animals to run in fear from him. He really didn't care.

He grabbed a nearby squirrel from a tree in an iron grip and read its mind. It had recently seen a road and civilization. The direction was clear.

"Thank you, young one." the man whispered, petting the creature's head just before he chewed into its neck and drained it of its life force.

He dropped the carcass upon the ground carelessly and continued along his predestined course, unabashed.

Finally, he broke free of the trees and looked around for any sign of civilization. Before him, there was a road. A pair of nearby pedestrians pointed at him and took a few pictures.

"What the hell are you doing to me?" he remarked, grabbing both of them by the neck and lifting them into the air. "Well!?"

"We're... just... taking.. PICTURES MAN." one of them struggled uselessly against his strength. "Please!"

"I see. What year is it?"

"2015?..." one of the men turned to his friend, cocking an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Thank you." he replied, as he then proceeded to drink their blood. He hurled their bodies into the woods, taking their clothes for his own use.

"I suppose THESE are what the children wear today?" he said, disgusted. "What sort of madness is this? It only took about 600 years for these wretches to go from style to stupidity. Glorious."

He threw the clothes on the ground and snapped his fingers. The clothes began to burn nicely. With luck, for him, it would set the woods on fire as well.

First, he needed to retrieve his weapon, of course. Still, Rilain probably had taken that. He wasn't entirely stupid. So, he would just continue with his second course of action.

Find Akane and force her to tell him where Rilain was.

He flew into the air, leaving the flames to take the woods.

------

Akane sat at the shrine she had tended to for roughly two millenia. Her smile was almost always present. She sat there, completely calm and at ease.

"Ohaiyo.." she whispered fondly as a group of people walked up to the shrine to pray and offer their hopes. She listened with pleasure as they yet again asked for things within her power and desire to grant.

She waved her staff from the top of the shrine. Each of them blessed in their own way, they headed off, unknowing that their gifts would be waiting for them when they found them.

Sighing, she lay backward, her hair spreading among the roof of the shrine. The sun only added to her natural shine, her wings outstretched to catch the cherry blossoms which fell almost endlessly around her.

"So beautiful... as it has always been." she remarked happily, closing her eyes. "So beautiful..."

"Oh, why yes I am."

She opened her eyes slowly, looking upward. Above her, black wings covered the sun. A familiar face stared at her from the sky. She rose to her full height slowly, her blade already out.

"Vlad." she said with a hint of distaste which showed fully on her face. "How pleasant."

"Oh yes. Glorious." Vlad said as he landed upon the shrine, wincing. "Oh. You blessed the damn thing too? Why? Do you not like when I visit?"

"It was actually fully for you." Akane responded, undaunted. "What do you want now?"

"Rilain. Where is he?"

"I wouldn't tell you even if I knew." Akane crossed her arms, displeased. "Why?"

"You know damn well why, woman. And you know where he is. And... my name isn't VLAD." the man sighed, rubbing his forehead. "I heard tell of a name for vampires like me while I was looking around.. Dracula. I quite like it."

"Alright, Dracula... how fitting." Akane stated, her sword by her side. "I won't tell you anything."

"Oh come now, Akane. Don't make me fight you." Dracula said, sighing. "After all, we both know that's a waste of our time."

"Then don't. Leave. Go live. Stop trying to chase a useless vendetta. Quit being a bloodsucking monster."

"Monster?" Dracula held up his hands in surrender. "I am merely a different form of justice."

"Yes. Cannibalism does seem to just scream 'I'm pure.'" Akane smirked. "Be serious."

"I am. Fear is another method which mortals fully understand. If those of an evil sort are drained of their blood and devoured, then why would anyone else try a crime? Rilain simply kills the problem. I prevent them."

"I know for a fact a lot of those poor people you killed weren't guilty, Dracula." Akane hissed. "They were perfectly innocent people that you just happened to find alone."

"Eh. Sue me." Dracula shrugged casually. "Humans are basically meat, anyway. I don't know why you worry so much about them. We are their transcendence. Why should we attempt to do anything to help them when we should be in control of them?"

"Because we're not a bunch of baka." Akane said, rubbing her forehead. "We're actually capable of thought. No thought in my mind involves dominating. It involves helping. If you can't see that then there is no hope for you."

"Aww. How sweet. You care!~" Dracula said, hands clasped pleasantly. "Perhaps you'd be more willing to help me if I wore a sailor uniform?"

"Get the hell out." Akane retorted quickly.

"Maid perhaps, then?"

"You're testing my patience."

"Ooh. Nurse?"

"You'll need one if you continue." Akane stated caustically.

"Awww... you're no fun anymore. You used to be so full of life. Now you've been reduced to a self-righteous censorkip.gif* who can't even think for a minute about anything but good good good. No wonder Rilain left you."

"So you knew." Akane seethed.

"No. You just confirmed it." Dracula said pleasantly. "So he's gone, is he?"

"Udusei." Akane turned away from him, heading down the stairs of her shrine in a fury.

"What does that mean, again? Does that mean yes?"

"UDUSEI. It means SHUT YOUR MOUTH." Akane turned hair whipping around quickly. "Silence your tongue! Quit pestering me! We are done here."

"So that means he's really far away, eh? Thank you for your assistance, Akane. We'll continue this after I kill him. I'm pretty sure I know where he'll be."

"No you don't."

"Amerigo?"

"It's America."

"So he IS there!"

"I never said that." Akane responded immediately.

"Too late!" Dracula said playfully, flying up into the air. "I'll bring back his head as a souvenir for you!"

He flew off, leaving Akane to bare her sword furiously.

"No. No you won't! I'll make damn sure of it!" she hissed, swinging the sword in an arc.

----

Rilain sat pleasantly upon the chair across from Leon, staring at him. He hadn't really moved much the whole night, as he was keeping a barrier around he and the apartment as strongly as he could.

"So you're awake! Great!" Rilain commented, clapping his hands together. "We've been waiting for a while for you. Ah."

Suddenly, it seemed that the man was again in pain.

"Well it can't be physical pain. We were sure of that. I like to think my healing spells are pretty in-depth. No, Tanner, we have mental trauma here."

Rilain placed a hand on the man's back, soothing him.

"Just put him back on the couch and let him rest. The poor man needs to feel safe. Whatever did that to him left a lasting mark on his mind."

Rilain went to the kitchen to fetch a few drinks, sighing.

This was going to be more work than he thought.

As Leon was passed out he began to dream.

"Leon, your job is make sure that the high council in New York. You most stop their ambitions. We are done trying to become the top of the food chain. All we want now is peace with the other races." said a voice. Leon bowed to this person and left.

"So you remember the promise do you?" said a deep voice.

"Who...who is that?" asked Leon.

"I am the dragon the lies in your heart. Your inner Emerald Wyvern." said the Wyvern

"This means that I am ready. Ready use my own element?" asked Leon as if he was waiting for this day.

"Yes which part of the element "Earth" would you like to use? You can pick between rock, wood, or poison/acid?" said the Wyvern.

When dragons reach a certain point they are finally able to obtain there own element.

Since Leon is a emerald dragon, his is earth. For emerald is the gem of earth.

"I choose poison." said Leon clinching his fist.

"I see hmmm... well then my power is ours." said the Wyvern.

" Learn to control my power and control your inner self. Only then will you realize just what you must do." said the Wyvern.

The dream ended and Leon still asleep.

Aaron set him down on the couch "Why do you mental problems like split personality or crazy?"he said looking around " were did everyone go wasn't there like five of us and we're exactly are we?"he asked rilain.

(Sorry for short post.)

Tanner sighed in relief, carrying the man to the couch and laying him down gently. "Don't you worry about a thing. I'll look after you." He said, sitting down against a wall. "Us dragons have to look after each other, after all." His tail flicked lazily and his stomach growled again. "Hey Rilain! Where's your kitchen?! I'm starving! " He called, knowing the nephilim would hear him. Tanner's stomach growled again and he snarled under his breath. Making a decision, he got up and followed Rilain's scent into the kitchen. "AH HA!" He yelled triumphantly, making a beeline for the fridge. He rummaged through it, then proceeded to make himself two sandwiches. Munching on the food happily, he addressed Rilain. "What do you think made the guy so jittery? Who could've done that?" He asked.

((How could Aaron put him on the couch when Tanner was carrying him?))

Edited by polaristar

(Sorry it's just crazy haha I didn't know what to do should I fix it or just leave it be.)

Rilain turned, blinking.

"I have absolutely no idea, admittedly. The only thing that could have done that was probably some form of fracas with powers beyond our understanding. Ah well..."

He rubbed his chin thoughtfully, turning back to Leon.

"If I really wanted to, I could delve into his mind right now, but it's extremely dangerous due to the fact that I can't keep up any of my barriers while doing it. So, I say we just wait for him to relax. There's no rush."

He stood from the chair to his full height, adjusting his suit as he was apt to do, and turned to look out the window.

"Tanner, some form of darkness is brewing on the horizon. I know not the cause nor the reason. All I know is that it's there and it's growing. In the days to come, I say we must be careful as to how we travel and who we travel with. If this man can help us against the coming storm, then I will help him. The more comrades you have, the better-"

Suddenly, there was a crash. Through the window came a shine of white and a long dress. Almost in slow motion, glass flew through the air and sliced into Rilain's flesh slightly as he tried to back up and hold up his hand. Quickly, he held out both hands as he realized who it was. The two of them fell together, landing in a heap upon the ground amidst the blood and glass.

Their wings intertwined among the destruction. Her hair fell across his face. He struggled to stand, lifting her as well.

".....Akane...?" Rilain said softly in disbelief. "Akane!? What?"

"Give me.. a moment..." Akane tried to hold herself steady and failed. She fell against him, exhausted.

"All the time you need. You can join our other invalid." Rilain joked quietly, parting some hair from her face and his.

"We don't have.. much time." Akane said. "Dracula.."

"Who?" Rilain said, confused.

Akane sighed, and began to recount the events...

----

Two days earlier, before any of the events that had occurred, Akane and Dracula had had their confrontation. Dracula had flown off, cackling. Akane had followed him, bringing along one of her associates (( Narvix's character )), and flew across the ocean, tailing him.

A series of conflicts had followed, where she had attempted to slow Dracula's flight. Through several attacks and defenses, she had managed to get ahead of him, leaving him to brood and lick his wounds. She had been equally harmed, her dress torn slightly even now.

Finally, she had been forced to seek out Rilain through a series of scans for his presence in multiple cities she believed he'd be in. By a stroke of luck, she had found a supernatural font in a local city on the east coast. Since she had flown from Japan towards the United States, she had had to cross the entire country without sleep in order to reach him.

Finally, after crashing through his window, she had. She'd been unable to slow down. She was too tired and her adrenaline was leaving her.

----

"....Vlad..." Rilain's eyes darkened. He lifted Akane's face and kissed her lightly before turning back to the window. "Vlad.... you son of a censorkip.gif*."

He laid her down upon a chair nearby Leon and headed towards the window. His wings expanded furiously, wind whipping shards of glass around him in a show of his dominance.

"VLAD." he stated boldly, loud enough to send waves of force away from him outward. Windows on the other side of the street broke. A car veered out of control, crashing into a nearby fire hydrant.

He turned back to Tanner and Aaron, his eyes full of fury. He raised his ornamental dagger, the blade coming to life as he spoke.

"I must handle a pressing matter.." he said, his armor beginning to form around his body. "Protect this place, and them, while I am away. I am leaving this in your care for now."

"You don't have to leave them, dear Rilain~"

A foot came through the window, followed by the flash of a blade. Rilain parried as Dracula's black wings flew through the air, sending the two of them flying across the room into the door. It fell by their force.

"VLAD!" Rilain shouted, blade bared. "Don't make me end you."

"I'm sorry but I already decided I'm going to kill YOU, old friend. Not something i can really change now. After all..." Vlad said, baring a rapier with a flourish, a gun in his other hand. "I've had 600 years to think about how I would kill you."

"You should have stayed buried." Rilain responded, coming around with his sword in a cleaving stance. Vlad leapt back, parrying easily and shooting at Rilain's face with his pistol. The weapon actually managed to leave a hole in Rilain's armor. Rilain turned, surprised.

"Oh. You forgot there were more Nephilim than just us, correct? Well, after Akane showed me that I needed Nephilim weapons to fight Nephilim, I paid a visit to a few of my old associates and made sure they understood I was VERY angry with them for leaving me to rot. Now THEY'RE rotting."

He laughed maniacally, shooting again at Rilain's heart. Rilain lifted his blade, deflecting the bullet into the wall.

"Your reflexes haven't slowed in your old age, eh?"

"Neither has the sharpness of your tongue." Rilain lifted the blade, eyes narrowed. "What do you want?"

"To be honest, I don't want to fight you just yet. And you don't want to fight a weakened opponent. I'm sure you can tell I'm not at my greatest power right now. What sort of kill would I be for you?"

"Then what?"

"I'll give you this pair of weapons for my original sword's location." Dracula said, smiling. "A fair deal, don't you think?"

"....That's all you wish for?"

"It's not much, is it? I get my blade, and you get some time to prepare for a real battle. Isn't that thrilling?"

"I'd rather you gave me your weapons and gave up this farce, Vlad."

"It's not VLAD." Dracula seethed, furious. "It's Dracula. And this is not a farce, this is righteous vengeance."

"What if I refuse?"

Dracula raised his gun and aimed it at Akane's face, sighing.

"Then I do the cliched thing and hold her hostage. She's in no position to defend nor heal if I shoot her now. It will kill her. As it stands, she probably won't live anyway. Also..."

He aimed the gun at Leon as well, laughing.

"I can take him out too before you manage to kill me. A two for one deal, just like the one I'm offering you now. Weapons, or lives, Rilain? What's more important?"

"You dishonorable censorkip.gif***!" Rilain shouted, but lowered his blade.

"Well?"

"...Fine. Leave them be. Aaron, Tanner, don't try to fight him. Let him go." Rilain commanded, drawing some form of object from his waist. "This is your sword."

"So it is! Glorious!" Dracula smiled, clapping with his weapons in his hands. "I'll give you my rapier for it, you throw me it, then I throw you the gun."

"No. The deal will not be made here."

"But I need them for hostages..." Dracula sighed, rubbing his head. "I mean, if I give you this gun, you could just kill me."

"I won't."

"Pft. Your word means little to me. You betrayed me once."

"For a reason, and when it was worthwhile to fight you. We both want to fight when we're equally strong."

"Fine then..." Dracula sighed. "I shall meet you on the bottom floor. Please, be quick about it."

Rilain followed him towards the elevator, turning back to Aaron and Tanner.

"I'll return shortly." he said, sighing.

Edited by Thaelasan

Tanner snarled at... Dracula -or was it Vlad? The only reason he hadn't already attacked was because Rilain told him not to. "Good luck, Rilain. Shout if you need me. Don't worry, I'll hear you." Tanner said, frowning. This opponent Rilain was going up against - he could tell he was ruthless and dangerous, definitely not someone to mess with. Of course, Tanner wasn't exactly once you'd rush to attack either, but still. "I'll hold down the fort, Rilain. Anything that wants to attack has to get through me, first." He growled. And me! The dragon hissed gleefully. We're the same person, idiot! Tanner sighed inwardly. He really needed to go smash something. Like Dracula's face. Yes, that'd be quite nice...

-----

Roxy crept alongside the buildings in New York, keeping to the shadows. Anyone wh o spotted her would immediately contact the authorities because of her appearance. It was sad, really, what humanity had come to. A bunch of mortals in a mad scramble for power. Being an animal was much more simple. The only rules that Roxy followed were the laws of nature. And her instincts. And right now, Roxy's instincs were leading her to an unfamiliar part of the city. More apartment buildings this way.

She scaled a wall quickly, leaping down and smoothly turning into a majestic red fox. She sniffed the air, smelling garbage, gasoline, and... blood? Her instincts told her to follow that smell, so she did. Her tail waved behind her as she stopped outside one of the apartment buildings. The smell of blood was strongest here.

Glass rained down, slicing Roxy, and she yelped in pain. What was going on? She transformed into her human like form once again, staring up to see what was happening. A man was flying outside the apartment, apparently having a discussion with someone inside. Roxy then realized something. If she wanted to figure out what was going on, then she needed to get inside that apartment.

Skinner hesitated about half way to class. He was at the block that his encounter with Weyland took place the night before. He wanted to walk down the road and downs around for a little while. Just to see what he could detect. He decided that he didn't have time. He needed to get to chemistry so he could turn in his lab report that he barely finished. Hopefully his professor would grade it within a few days. He had to cheat a bit and do a direct thought transfer onto the paper. It finished it but it would fade eventually, leaving a half finished report to grade.

Skinner turned in his paper well before the deadline and was heading across campus to try to get to the class he was sitting in on. His mother actually recommended it. Music theory 302, she said. Apparently it was taught by something called a bard. He had never met one but his mother talked rather highly of this one. Besides, vocalization and voice control was important for certain phenomenae to take place.

Skinner stepped into the room and slipped into the back of the class. It was pretty full. Well, pretty full was an understatement. The lecture hall was almost completely filled. In the center stood a very bright, very energetic woman. He could tell this was something she enjoyed teaching. It was like his mom with Latin. Skinner dug through his bag to find his field notebook and instead found a unlabeled brown envelope. He looked around quickly and ripped it open.

mutilations. Animalistic injuries. Missing body parts. Devoured. Strange voices Skinner didn't even have to finish reading the autopsy reports and witness stories to know what he was dealing with. His mind wandered back to Wally. A kid he knew in high school that also had a taste for human flesh. Wally was a Stag Wendigo. That meant he was a separate sub species from the main lineage. he remembered that he stood about seven feet tall and had brilliant antlers on his head. His skin was black and him and his family lived off the meat that a nearby funeral home supplied them. A sweet deal he was able to get them by pulling a few favors. Skinner tucked the papers back in the envelope and tucked it away in his back jeans pocket. Guess it was going to be another late night. Again.

Leon eyes opened. Automatically felt the murderous intent of two people.

"Ah..." said Leon as he slowly got up.

He looked around to see a woman sitting next the arm of the couch. He looked at the door and saw two men standing at the door clinching their fists.

" Guess an expected guest ruined the party or something." said Leon to everyone in the room.