Kirito

Supernatural

Vorn pulled the girl up by her hand and started walking slowly towards the coffee shop. He made sure not to walk to fast so as not to leave her behind. When he reached the coffee shop, he opened the door and let her in. At the counter, he put a good bit of cash on it and said "Whatever she wants and a cappuccino." And waited for her response.

Willow followed the tiny man, stumbling after him as they made their way down the street and into a nearby shop. Willow didn't frequent buildings too often since she had little need for food of any kind. Grass was much nicer on her stomach, though she did appreciate carrots. Needless to say, as someone who had only heard of coffee, she was way too out of her league. She stared up at the menu silently, blinking at it before pointing up at the menu. "May I have that?" She asked, pointing to a sign that read Café au lait. She had no idea what it meant but she had no idea what most of it meant. She didn't even know if she could drink it anyway. Her headache had declined even more but it still throbbed angrily.

Vorn nodded at the barista, and led the girl to a table and pulled a chair out for her. As he hopped up onto his chair, he looked with concern at the young girl.

"You in any shape for a conversation yet lass?"

The barista called Vorn's name, and he grabbed both drinks, setting the girl's down on the table in front of her.

"You look like somebody drove a railroad spike into your head. Was it the big guy?"

Rain shook her head. "Let's get coffee." The wolf nodded. She began heading down the street, turning to look back at Raven. "Really? You aren't going to change?" The wolf's grin was obvious. "Fine, but I get to put a collar on you." A wicked grin spread across her face as she produced a bright pink, flowered collar. "No, try again." The collar took on a new form. This time it was black with dull metal spikes. "Now that's stylish." Rain slipped the collar over Raven's head and then continued walking, Raven at her heels. She stepped inside, Raven continuing to follow her. It was rather humerous, as the wolf was as tall as most of the tables. "No, back outside." Raven slunk to the door, but didn't leave.

Dhagon silently watched the school for about 20 minutes after the incident with the young unique. "Willow..... small. Wonder what she is." Soon it was into the afternoon. Dhagon, with nobody watching him, slowly dissolved into the ground.

While waiting for the young lady to respond, he noticed a very... curious pair enter the shop. His hand hovered over his knife, glaring at the large beast sitting by the door. The trainer looked less obvious, but still no commoner. He looked her over slowly.

Willow joined the man over at the table, sitting down at the chair he had pulled out for he with a nod of thanks. He was being very, very nice. Honestly, she was grateful for it considering her head hurt so much and gently scooted the chair forward until she was closer to the table. By this time, the man had returned with both drinks and set the one she had ordered in front of her. She stared at the cup silently, trying to figure out what exactly she had ordered. At the question, she looked up and frowned, rubbing the side of her head. "I don't know," She replied hesitantly, raising the cup and licking the surface. Finding it very bitter, she hesitated before taking another lick. It was odd. Bitter but not unpleasant. "It was sudden. I don't know."

She looked up from her drink as a person and an animal entered the area. Her entire body suddenly hunched over as she stared at the large dog-thing, her eyes narrowing. She didn't like dogs. They chased way too much and had a tendency to sniff out what they shouldn't. Apparently, something about her magic made her still have an unusual smell that made dogs curious and suspicious. Keeping her head down, she took another few licks at the coffee, trying to mind her own business.

Sensing a gaze upon her, Raven turned, her silver eyes bright with interest. Sitting at one of the tables was a young woman. She cocked her head. It seemed as though... She didn't like her? But why was that? Maybe she was only imagining things. Her gaze turned back to Rain. A man was approaching behind her. Instantly, Raven was on the defense, rising to her paws. A low growl rumbled in her throat as her tail curled over her back, and her head lowered.

Rain however, seemed rather oblivious to that around her. Ignoring the man, she politely ordered her coffee, and then paid. "I suggest you do not come any nearer." The angel said in an even tone. "My friend there doesn't approve."

Now the question was if she could ignore the dog-thing. The growling certainly set her off and her lips curved downwards slightly, revealing the start of teeth. Under her hat, her ears curved downwards and laid flat against her head. She looked down at her coffee, doing her best to ignore the dog and not suddenly revert to beat the censorkip.gif out of it. She was a little violently, okay? Not her fault.

A unicorn? How quaint. A suprise that she didn't like Raven. As far as her knowledge went, they were supposed to get along well with all creatures. They shared the same dwelling, didn't they? Rain smiled slightly. "M'am? Y-you need to get your dog out if it can't behave."

"Oh no, she's a wolf! And she is very well behaved. Given that man stays in his seat." With a bright smile she took her coffee, and went to sit down at a table. "Now, now, be nice." Raven only partially complied, lowering back down into a seated position. Every so often, an agitated growl/ whine would escape her maw. Her silver eyes didn't leave the man.

Vorn jumped to his feet and put his hand on his revolver.

"Ma'am, control your animal. It's a danger to everyone here, an untrained beast blocking the damn doorway."

He said rather firmly. Vorn didn't like things that were supposed to be smaller than him to be bigger than him. It made him feel inferior, and made the other creature unnatural to him.

The angel laughed. "If she was untrained, well, frankly you'd be dead already. It's taken many years, but now she doesn't immediately attack, asking questions later." Rain sipped at her coffee, scolding Raven once again. "Hush now. It's alright." Raven looked to Rain, them seeming to exchange a silent conversation, then flopped down underneath her chair. "There, see? She's a gentle giant."

The idea of a unicorn being a gentle beast was, in itself, a falsity. They were fierce as daylights and only calmed by pure people and things. Not necessarily maidens like in the tales but pure things all the same. Either way, she did not appreciate other animals, especially ones that people commonly used to hunt down her kind and herself. Purity or not, she hated dogs. Watching as the man grew angry with the wolf-dog-thing, she frowned then finally set her coffee down on the table and kicked her chair out slightly so she was a short distance from the table. She was no longer able to look away from the creature and just ignore it and instead was staring at the wolf silently.

Vorn, In a mildly undignified manner, struggled up into his seat. "...Gentle giant my ass.... going to eat us all.... put a bullet through it's head..." Vorn grumbled before he took a sip of his coffee. He noticed the girl glaring at the dog.

"Smart girl. Never take your eye of the threat eh?" He chuckled heartily.

"Well, long as it don't make anymore noise we don't much need to worry about it."

The cappuccino had greatly improved his mood.

"So what's your name, lass?"

"I don't like mutts," Willow replied softly but reluctantly tore her gaze from the wolf. She'd have to leave it be for now. She couldn't seek vengeance against every dog and its cousin she saw, right? That'd call too much attention to herself. She'd need to be more patient, calm and collected. "It's Willow," She replied, tilting her head slightly. Her hat trembled ever so slightly as, underneath, her horse-like ears twitched to show she was listening to the surrounding area for threats. "Thank you for earlier. I...don't know what came over me."

Raven whined anxiously, pinning her ears to her head. The woman's gaze bore down on her, and that was rather unsettling. What had she done to anger her? With another whine, she scooted back further underneath Rain's chair. "What is it now?" The angel sipped at her coffee again. "Surely you can't be scared of a unicorn?"

"That's not a unicorn. That's a friggin dragon lady."

"Come now, you surely can't be serious?"

"I am. Look! She's glaring at me." Rain snuck a glance at her. Sure enough, she was. "That's what happens when you make a scene." She picked up a newspaper and began to read.

"Not a problem, I was worried i might have to carry yeh to the hospital. And as yeh can see, i'm not exactly of the proper stature to be carrying a lass, yeh know? Did you know that big fellah? He looked mighty scary from where i was standing." He continued sipping at his drink, and waited patiently for a response.

"No, I did not," She replied, keeping a watchful eye on the wolf just to make sure she didn't try anything. The glance back was not unnoticed either and she kept a careful note of it. Maybe she'd be forced into action. "I just bumped into him. Some sirens attracted me to the area but when I turned to leave, he was there. The headache started not too long after that."

Vorn anxiously scratched the back of his head.

"Heh, yeah. Sirens." He averted his eyes guiltily.

His voice lowered and he continued, "Look, it's pretty clear you're not all human. I'm a dwarf. What're you?"

He noticed her glance hitting the wolf over and over again. He leaned over and looked closely at it. "Damn that's a big mutt."

Edited by Peelzies

"You should go make some friends." Raven grumbled, rising to her feet and heading to the door. "Be back in a second." A strange sight it was now; the woman simply letting her companion walk off like that. Without looking up, she addressed the man. "As I told the barista, she is not a dog. Nor mutt. She's a wolf."

Raven ducked into an alley and shifted. She tugged at the collar, but found it wouldn't slide up over her head. Grumbling again, she brought up the collar of her sweatshirt to cover it, pulled back her hair, and walked back into the shop. Heading to the counter, she ordered her own coffee, and sat down at a table closer to the duo. "Hey!" She piped, doing her best to act like one of the college students might after what happened. "Did you hear about what happened up the street? At the college?" Raven was rude. It was simply in her nature. Blunt, more often than not, obnoxious, she was much more enjoyable in her other form.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Skinner scribbled a rather satanic looking set of interlocking circles on the back of a Latin worksheet he found folded in the pages of his notebook. That all nighter was catching up with him. Especially since he had to skip a nap to finish the case study for Psych. Not to mention the extra hour he spent in the secret library. He needed something or he was going to end up like that guy with his head on his desk. He placed his hand on the page, "on'rariis", he said under his breath. The symbols seemed to quiver on the page as a bridge was established. Withen seconds, a fresh cup of coffee was suddenly siting on the piece of paper. He smiled at his minor success and took a sip.

Of course, nothing can be generated from thin air. The beverage had to come from some place after all. At the exact moment Skinner began his experiment, the symbols painted on the underside of his favorite table in the coffee shop down the street began to quiver. A stranger sitting in the tall round table in front of the store window blinked, and his caramel moca was gone.

Ugh. Caramel Skinner thought as he dumped the sickly sweet liquid down his throat. The warm elixir was working wonderfully already. He sighed and looked up at a sudden bang.

Professor Fiyero had kicked the door open and stormed quickly to his podium. Where, rather enthusiastically, dumped out his materials for the lecture. He looked up at the startled room and smiled, "Oh, is everyone awake now?", he said sarcastically, loading the powerpoint on the projector, "Now lets dive right into the processes of fear and classical conditioning".

Skinner smirked and labeled the top of his notes. It was going to be a good class.

"Eh? Who..." Vorn saw a glint of metal under the girl's turtleneck.

"Yeah, i was there. Sort of... maybe caused it.. a little." Vorn said, taking a sip of his drink, looking at the swirling foam. It was getting somewhat darker outside, and Vorn wanted to get some information before he headed home.

"I didn't see you there. Whats yer name?"

Edited by Peelzies

((Well, she's not wearing a turtleneck. Just a sweatshirt.

The thought of her in one... xd.png ))

"You caused it?! Do tell. Oh, wait. I'm, uh, Raven." It was an uncommon name for a human, but not unheard of. Rain calmly flipped through the pages of the newspaper. Taking the plastic cup in hand, she took another swig, nearly snorting it back out her nose at Raven's facade. "What about you?" She turned to the dragon lady nervously. "You don't talk much, do you?" What if she could still sense what she was? Didn't Rain mention something about being a unicorn? What powers did they posses?

Edited by RavenWolf1010

(( Haha, sorry. I mean, it's gotta be a high necked sweater to cover a collar. ))

Vorn sighed.

"Call me a vindictive little guy, but a couple of guys started kicking me and assaulting me and i pulled my gun. They dispersed right quick, but i panicked and hauled it out of there. The cops showed up and everybody gave their gossipy little report. So now theres a report of a runaway leprechaun with a massive gun."

He finished off his drink.

Willow hardly had any objections to letting the coversation take its flow away from what manner of beast she was. Knowing he was a dawf didn 't make her any more or less comfortable, though she was pleased he had bought her a drink. Coffee had turned out to be surprisingly bitter yet addictive. The disappearance of the wolf and appearance of the woman were not unnoticed by Willow, however, as the stretch of dog still hung in the air. When the mutt tried to address her, she turned her head slightly and snorted back, her nostrils glaring slightly before she took another drink from the coffee. Woman or not now, she still smelled like dog so it was clear to her they were one and the same. "I don't play games with strays," she replied, taking another slow sip of her drink. It took quite a bit of energy not to spring up and trample the woman underfoot. But restraint was key for living amongst people.