Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

“Yes I’m fairly well.” Damien spoke as he entered Kathy’s office. “The wound I got last week is finally healing. I’m still just glad that silver bullet scraped my skin and nothing serious.”

Damien remembered a little what happened a week ago. He encountered two slayers scouting the forest in his current stated he attacked them injuring one badly but the second shot him. He was hit thus why he retreated into the forest. After that he couldn’t remember what he had done, all he knew woke up the next morning with a rather large gash by his waist.

Seeing that silver was rather lethal to a werewolf the healing process took a lot longer than a normal wound. He had to put up a straight face the whole time while he was working even though he was suffering from the pain he had.

((Fortune I figured if their wounds were inflicted by silver it would take much longer to heal. I hope that is okay with you?))

((Yes that's okay Spirit smile.gif))

"There seem to be a number of slayers around" said Kathy quietly. "Some of the younger Fae found a pair the other day. I managed to pass off their deaths as drug induced suicide, but it can't be good to have so many of them sniffing about. You think they might be on to us?"

She ushered Damien into the examination room and gestured that he was to sit down on the bed. While silver was very dangerous to werewolves, any injury that didn't kill outright would heal given time. Thankfully, they could help the process a long a little with some treatment.

Damien followed Kathy’s orders and went to sit on the bed. He wasn’t really a fan of the bed. Too many experiences involving injuries which then lead to near death experiences.

“I’m not sure but one thing for sure is we will need to gather some of our kind and talk. Sooner or later more serious slayers would appear and then they might actually kill a couple of us. What do you think?”

"That's a very good idea" said Kathy closing the door. "And we can do something about that little jerk Revear. I had an phone call from Selwest General, they're not sure if Mr Richards is going to pull through."

She was always so careful about keeping the wolf in check at night, locking herself in her soundproofed basement, but earlier in the year one of the the demons posing as a student had let her out. Thankfully a couple of fae had managed to rein her in and secure her before she caused too much damage, but it looked like Revear had decided to repeat his little stunt. Kathy had woken up to find herself at the base of a tree, completely naked apart from the blood, and a man's leg in her mouth. The rest of Mr Richards was unconscious further up the tree.

"Right, lift your shirt up and we'll take a look at how that wound is doing."

Damien growled inwardly and he listened to the news of Mr. Richards. They indeed have to do something about Revear he was getting rather out of hand. He seemed to enjoy messing with werewolves but one day he might not be so lucky. When a pack gets together he might live to trick anyone else.

“That is not good news. I’ve actually seen him snooping around my family’s cabin in the woods a couple times. I guess I should warn my parents about him then.”

In the process of talking to Kathy, Damien took of his jacket and then unbuttoned his white shirt. He slid his left arm out of the sleeve allowing the shirt to hang loosely. He then lifted his arm slightly revealing a rather large plaster on his side.

“Thank goodness we’re not hairy permanently otherwise this might hurt more than the shot.” Damien joked slightly but his tone quickly changed. “I believe the best time for a meeting will be at night, preferably when it’s new moon. If I’m right it that should be tomorrow night?”

"Yes. Been looking forward to it. You know how much I like watching the sun set."

When Damien had undressed himself enough to let her look at the wound Kathy gently peeled back the plaster and inspected the injury. That was the annoying thing about silver, wounds inflicted by it healed slower than humans did from normal ones. Though given they were parctically immune to everything else she guessed it was a fair enough trade off. Thankfully Damien's injury was just a graze so there hadn't been much bleeding. Judging by how angry the skin looked it must still be stinging like hell though.

"Right, I'll put some more of the salve on it and you can come back in two days for another check up. Hopefully it will stop huring by the end of the week."

She grabbed a tub of the special salve from the nearby shelf and ripped the lid off. Getting some on her fingers she began to apply it to Damien's graze.

"I finally got that order in for the vampires" she said not looking up. "Unfortunately a fae roasted it."

((If Zeditha read that, she'd cringe and say, "Sorry..." xd.png

Still wondering what to do, stuck in the cage... Next time I check up on the thread, if nobody's replied, I'll just Fae out of the cage.))

((My 'brilliant' plan is for Kathy to tell Damien about Zed and he'll go looking for her/stumble across her. That is if Spirit is up for that of course.))

((Sorry for not posting Fort sad.gif ))

Jeremiah stood up from his desk as the class ended. Matthew joined him and the two stepped out of the room into the hall.

"Hey dude I don't wanna read that book! One chapter is, like, one hundred pages! Can you just tell me what happens," Matthew begged.

Jeremiah rolled his eyes, but paused in his retort as his phone buzzed in his pocket.

Reaching down he pulled it up and glanced at the message.

School can wait, we've got some intel and require your assistance. This is not optional

Jeremiah rolled his eyes.

"That sister of mine... looks like shes broken her wheelchair," He said.

"Looks like that'll have to wait, seeya tomorrow Mat," Jeremiah said. He patted the desperate friend on the shoulder and walked off.

Internally he was angrilly grinding his teeth at his superiors.

Damien flinched slightly as Kathy took a look at his wound. His kept staring at the ground trying not to think of the sting as she placed a bit of slave on. When she spoke about a fae he was rather curious to why it set the ointment on fire.

“I take it this fae isn’t someone we know?” Damien spoke his eyes still focusing on the ground.

"Nope" said Kathy focusing on her work. "I think she only arrived a short while ago. I caught her scent as she entered the office and we had a small chat. She seemed nice enough, if a little clumsy. You might want to keep an eye out for her, she poses as a fox to drain her prey."

With the salve applied Kathy stood pack and put the lid back on the pot. She crossed the room to the sink to wash her hands.

"Right" she said drying her hands on a paper towel. "Try not to do anything too vigourous if possible. You need to give the skin time to heal."

“Mmm... I will have a look out for a fox then. Those looking more like animals tend to in sticky situations more.” Damien spoke as he finally looked back at Kathy. The wound still stung but the salve had a bit of a cooling effect on it which gave him a bit of relieve.

“That is easier said than done.” Damien spoke. As werewolf it was just hard enough to stay on lock down let alone doing something vigorous.

((Keeping an eye out for a fox... Any chance you could hear me?))

Zeditha decided to howl again, adding a volley of fox barks as well. She made sure she shouted at the top of her voice, then tried putting in a little morse code. She tried: 'in a cage, please help'. She hoped anyone who heard her would be able to follow her voice.

((If Zeditha keeps making a lot of noise, won't the person who caught her attempt to shut her up? Besides, I don't think everyone knows morse code xd.png))

Kathy smiled. She knew where Damien was coming from. Even contained a werewolf tended to move around a lot, testing their enclosure for any sign of weakness.

"Well just do the best you can. And don't forget to come back in two days time."

“Of course. I’ll phone my assistant and let him know to put it on my schedule.” Damien spoke as he dressed himself again. He slid of the bed to tuck in his shirt before taking his jacket in his one hand.

“As for tomorrow night will you contact a couple of people for tomorrow night’s meeting? I will do the rest. Say some time at eleven at the old abandoned mine shaft at the foot of the mountain.”

"Of course" said Kathy. "Although I doubt Majorie Phillips will be able to attend. She hurt her leg quite badly and I don't think she'll be able to manage the climb. I'll keep her informed though."

Walking over to the door she held it open for the Mayor.

((Sorry of inactivity. Lack of internet over the last week and also been busy with work. Will get a post up most likely tomorrow.))

((I figured that, but the Fae is getting desperate. And I had planned for the guy to come back.))

At Zeditha's last howl, the large man who had put her in the cage came back out of the door. "Stop that noise!" He growled. Zeditha rolled her eyes, giving up all pretence of a fox (besides the shape). "Look, I'm not a fox. Speak nothing of this, to anyone, and I might not come out of here and attack you."

The man looked extremely surprised, but stood his ground. "Why should I believe you? For all I know you're stuck in there. You can't get to me. I could call the police right now, and tell them I have a talking fox stuck in a cage."

Zeditha smiled - she had a chance. "First of all, the police wouldn't believe you. And second, even if they came, they'd just beat you up for telling porky-pies, because I wouldn't speak for you. What I'd do is call the hospital - they know some people who's take me away. So please, whatever you do, don't call the hospital on me. That's the worst thing you could do." She knew the guy wasn't very smart, and hoped that he wouldn't realise the trick she was playing. She was right, and he didn't.

"You know what I'm going to do, little fox?" he sneered nastily. "I'm going right away to tell the hospital I've got a talking fox." He chuckled, and Zeditha ran around, appearing to make an effort to escape. He chuckled louder, and went inside. Zeditha could hear him pick up the phone, and stopped trying to get out. Now it was just a matter of waiting until someone rescued her.

Jeanette felt a little guilty about apparently scaring the kid, but she had to give him the answers he deserved:

My pop told me. He makes a point of it to keep an eye on these issues. He didn't specify how many, but I'm sure there's at least two. I'm willing to bet the town's new hooker is one of them. I'm not sure if Mayor Neelson knows, but I'd think he was at least suspicious.

Several seconds went by and Oz could hear the sound of footsteps disappearing around the corner as the two teachers made their way past his hiding spot, blissfully unaware of his presence in the Janitors closet. It was a close call and even now, Oz's heartbeat was still racing. Fueled by the adrenaline of avoiding capture by the two teachers as well as the 'fear' behind Jeanette's messages.

"Where and when do you want to meet?.. is anyone else going to be there?" he replied. As he waited for her response, he rested against the back wall of the janitor's closet and tried to calm himself down.

((Finally stable internet and some time to post a healthy combination...))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jin reached over towards his phone as it vibrated along his dresser table. Reading through the message, a smile crept along his face as he glanced at his sheated katana in the foreground. Apparently he would not be able to make it to dinner with Mrs Wilde tonight.

He closed the message and shifted through his contacts till he found her number.

"Where and when do you want to meet?.. is anyone else going to be there?"

"Like I said, come to this adress after school lets out. Assuming you do, you'll be the only one there; you're the only witch I know about."

“Don’t worry as long as the majority of the group is there then I believe we will be fine.” Damien spoke as he started to head out. “We will inform those who can’t join the next day. For now I will contact our dear reporter friend since she has quite a lot of contacts and can spread the word easily.”

Damien stepped outside taking in a breath of fresh air. Their “day off” was indeed a big thing that each and every werewolf loved it was kind of sad to know they had some business to attend to as well.

“Well my dear I will see you. Most likely before our scheduled meeting.” Just as Damien stepped away he remembered his meeting earlier. This was a bit of information he had share with Kathy of course seeing she might stop at the school sometime today.

“Oh before I forget.” Damien turned around to look at Kathy. “Remembered I showed you that archive file of people that were around here back in the day when I became mayor, well it seems like one of them resurfaced. Mother Odette. She is at the school. I believe you might bump in to her some time soon.”

The man growled with impatience, and was about to put the phone down when someone picked up. "Finally," he breathed. "Ah, hello. I have a fox in a cage here. Little varmint was rummaging in the dumpster, as foxes do, so I caged it. Normally I'd leave 'em to stew for a day or two then kick 'em out into the woods where they belong, but this one talked. Carefully took off its muzzle, then told me not to tell anyone at the hospital. Well, I guess this serves the critter right. Er..." He paused, realising how long he'd rambled on for. "You do believe me, right?"

Edited by Zeditha

"Oh really?" said Kathy in surprise. "That is interesting indeed. We better keep an eye on her though and hope she behaves herself. I know she hasn't caused any trouble here before, but she is rather unpredictable."

The clinic phone started to ring. Kathy glanced at it and then looked back to Damien.

"Ah, duty calls. I'll see you later."

She started to walk across the office towards her phone.

"And remember not to over do it!"

((Moving my post here as I was planning on Kathy's phone call being to alert her that a local man is claiming to have a talking fox.))