Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

((Well he is already at his office and won't go to the roadworks again anytime soon. If you want you could go to his office finding him scolding over the phone about the road works xd.png))

Zeditha cast her glamour as a fox, keeping the same camouflage disguise. Jumping onto the nearest chair, she melted back into view as her favourite colours. Her tail repeatedly patted the chair; the only sign of her slight nervousness. She was always nervous when she was in Brookwood without an owner... This human was interesting. She automatically reached out to drain her, just a little, but she found some kind of block, as if she had no soul. This either meant she was a fellow Supe - and not a witch - or she had some kind of protection. She tensed herself, ready to run, and then spoke. "You're strange," she said. "What are you? Supe or Slayer? I can run before you catch me, so don't bother." The tip of her tail sped up, tapping on the chair as if her life depended on it.

((I'm assuming that Fae can't drain Werewolves. Or any Supe except Witches. Is this right?))

Edited by Zeditha

((Well they still have human souls, but to make things simple we'll say the werewolve thing makes them inaccessible.))

Kathy gave a little laugh and sat back down on her own seat when the creature revealed its self. Seeing as it was posing as an animal, it was either a fae or demon. Witches could not speak in animal form.

"Well, I'm no longer a proper human you might say. I'd guess the Slayers wouldn't be too interested in letting me join their club."

She glanced over at the door, but she could neither smell or hear anyone else nearby. It would be safe to talk. Looking back at the fox-like creature on her assistant's chair she made a dismissive motion with her hand.

"And you do not need to worry about being chased either. At least not at the moment. Night time may well be a different story though."

Kathy gave a small sigh but then smiled.

"I take it you have not visited Brookwood for a while. I know most of the 'locals'. What brings you here?"

Two cigarettes later, Jeanette decided it wasn't worth the wait. She dropped the one she was currently inhaling and crushed it out under her foot, then headed for the mayor's office. She really should've just struck at the heart to begin with.

-

The office was deserted, save for Mayor Neelson's mousy assistant. She strode up to him and held up her press pass. "If the mayor isn't in the middle of an important phone call or meeting, I need to speak with him" she said seriously. Not that it sounded very different from her usual tone.

((Say, is Damien's assistant human?))

((I don’t know O.O I was kinda leaving it open as either a NPC or if someone wanted it.))

“Oh miss Harvelle!” the secretary spoke with surprise, another person that caught him off guard today. “He is busy with a phone call from the city but it has been for some time now. I believe he won’t mind seeing you. I’ll go see just in case.” With that the man stood up and walked towards the mayor’s office. He gave a quick knock before he opened the door to peer in.

“My dear good sir I believe you’re just looking of excuses. I have sent you everything to the letter. I even made a trip to the city to hand everything personally so that a mistake wouldn’t happen.” Damien spoke over the phone. His attention was brought to the door where his assistant lip synced that Jeanette Harvelle was here. Damien shook his head and waved his hand indicating that the young journalist may enter.

The assistant closed the door and returned to his desk smiling. “He is busy but he said you could go in.”

Oz made his way towards his Tutors class room for the days Attendance, passing by a water fountain currently occupied by three members of BrookWoods Football team and two of their cheer leaders, their conversation dimming to a whisper as Oz passed by them, before bursting into a chorus of laughter as Oz turned the corner.

By now, none of this really bothered him. It was the norm, the same old routine day in and day out and that was not going to change, it wasn't like he could just up and move schools either... Instead he just took it on the shoulder, surmising that if he had wished for it, he could return the favor in his own 'special' form of 'bullying'.

Oz entered the classroom and took a seat near the back of the room, the closest student to him was 3 seats away.

"Thank you" Jeanette nodded at him and saw herself in. She sat in one of the chairs to wait for Neelson to finish on his phone.

((I realize this might look annoying, but I'm just trying to make Jeanette be polite.))

((It’s fine smile.gif ))

“Good. I believe you understand that the extra costs of damage is on your hands. We will pay on what we agreed on from the beginning and not a cent more.” Damien spoke into the phone smiling as Jeanette entered.

“Thank you for your co-opperation sir. Good bye.” With that Damien finished his phone call and relaxed back in his seat. “And here I thought I would have a slow day.” He spoke to the young journalist, smiling.

“And what can I do for you today my dear? I’ve been wondering on how things is with you and your family. They still don’t agree with you being here, do they?”

Zeditha relaxed, and chuckled slightly. "I've been living in the forest for the past month," she said. "Obviously, hunger is a problem. I'm brought here for a new owner. Last one died, as usual." She licked a paw and drew it over one ear - a fox habit she had copied. "Zeditha, Fae. I guess you're either werewolf or vampire, as you said 'no longer' human. Which is it?" She decided to abandon the glamour, and the fox faded to reveal a dark purple dragon.

It seemed the fae felt more comfortable in her presence now, as she dropped the glamour and revealed her true form to Kathy. The doctor didn't even bat an eyelid. She felt like she had seen it all by now. A fox sized dragon barely passed comment.

Kathy had always wondered if holding up a disguise was a conscious thing or not. Was it as easy as breathing, or did one need to focus to maintain it? She didn't have such concerns herself, as she switched between forms whether she liked it or not.

"Were" she admitted. "My name is Katherine, but everyone just calls me Kathy."

She cocked her head at the fae.

"Lost your anchor hmm? I take it that means you will be on the look out for a new one. I might be able to help there."

Jeanette shrugged. "There's not much to report about my family. Pun not intended. My father's always though I was crazy for my interest, and my mother fears for my life every second she doesn't know I'm in my house. Logically I know they badger me because they love me, but there comes a point in every child's life when they start to find their parents attempts to protect them overbearing." She fished her recorder out of her purse and turned it on. "I won't take up much of your time." She placed the microphone closest to him. "What are your thoughts on the road work? A few sentences'll do."

“Mmm… yes the road works. Well sadly there seemed to have been a mix up in the city on some paper work on where to dig which will cause a bit of a headache for an extra day or two. From what I understood the information that has been passed down to the men working on the road was wrong which caused them to hit the water pipe instead of the sewer pipe. They will fix this problem today and have the water on by lunch time or so they said.” Damien spoke as he continued to relax within his seat. “Luckily I could consult with their supervisors that the will pay for the damage to the pipe and not us. We will only pay for what we agreed on. I believe that is all I have on this matter. Anything else my dear?”

"No, that's fine." She turned off her recorder and replaced it in her purse. "Thank you for your time, Mr. Neelson." She stood and extended her hand.

Zeditha nodded. "Tonight should be perfect," she said. "I turn up looking like a fox, wet from rain and starving, and some old person takes me in. Voila, new anchor. I fake a murder or suicide on them once they're drained, and hide in the woods for a month until it blows over. Then I get hungry, and it's back on a doorstep again. Half a century of this... I'm not sure if I'll ever bother stopping. It works, that's all I can say." Her wings flapped, and she rose a small way into the air.

When the interview ended Damien stood up with Jeanette and shook her hand. Their little conversations never lasted long and the young woman never really drifted off subject. Guess that’s how journalists just are.

“It’s a pleasure my dear.” He spoke smiling. “Well seeing I have a bit of free time I’m going to quickly meet with the new headmaster of our school. I do hope it would be somewhat interesting.” Damien spoke stepping from out behind his desk and taking his jacket of the coat rack. “So I’ll be walking you out today.”

"All right" Jeanette shrugged again. She didn't see Damien often, but she enjoyed it when she did. He didn't act like some politicians she'd shadowed over the years, lying through his teeth about some things or undermining rivals. She respected his scruples. Plus he was fun to chat with, even if he did kind of smell like a dog.

“Wonderful.” With that Damien opened the door and stepped out down the hall towards his assistant. “Can you please send Miss. Harvelle a copy of the road work plans via email? That way the young lady can see how we planned this and where the city messed up.”

His assistant nodded and returned to do his work making notes for his current task. Damien then headed out, opening the door and allowing Jeanette to step out first where he then followed. He eyed the area carefully and sniffed the air slightly making sure that there wasn’t a surprise amongst them.

“Well then young lady. I’ll be off. I will let you know if there is anything “special” about our new headmaster and remember to stay safe.” He spoke but leaning in to whisper in her ear. “Dangerous people are starting to appear more and more here. Our kind needs to be more careful.”

"I've noticed" she answered, narrowing her eyes as she thought of the white-haired newcomer. "Thank you for the work plans, by the way." She took the opportunity of their parting handshake to pull him a little closer and look directly into his eyes. "You be safe, too, sir" she told him. She raised her hand in a wave and turned toward her home. "Have a good day."

Damien nodded and watched the journalist went her own way. It was easier said than done staying safe especially if you lose your mind when you’re a certain creature. He sighed slightly but this was one of the reasons why he became the mayor. To protect those who were “special” in their different ways. Shaking his head the man headed towards his car, it was time to pay a visit to the high school. Edited by DragonSpirit009

Jeanette made her way back to her home without incident. She kicked her shoes off eagerly and tossed her jacket and purse on the couch, then sank into her black swivel chair and woke up her laptop to get started on her article.

-

A little under an hour later, she'd sent the draft off to her editor and sank back in her chair to veg out for a minute. When that was done, she stood up, stretched and craned her neck toward her bedroom. "Solomon!"

A few seconds later her beloved Peregrine Falcon alighted on her shoulder and nuzzled her forehead. She'd found him as a chick and raised him for the last eight years. She loved him, she was pretty sure he loved her. She smiled at him as he nibbled the cartilage of her ear. "Wait for me by the door, boy," she instructed, "I'll be ready to go in a second."

He fluttered over the the arm of the couch and preened one of his wings to wait.

-

Jeanette stuffed her clothes under her customary rock and shifted into her harpy form. The sky today was a perfect pale grey color to camouflage her skin. She rubbed some of the immediate soreness out of her lengthened arms and held her arms at the ready. "Let's go, boy!" she cried, and launched herself into the air.

Edited by Fangirl05

A black Ford Ranger car stopped in the schools parking lot and Damien climbed out taking in a deep breath. How he remembered his days in this school just made him smile. Even thou his curse were a problem he lead a good school life and made quite name amongst his peers even if he did cause some trouble now and then. Smiling the man locked his car and walked towards school entrance, greeting whoever he passed.

Zeditha nodded. "Tonight should be perfect," she said. "I turn up looking like a fox, wet from rain and starving, and some old person takes me in. Voila, new anchor. I fake a murder or suicide on them once they're drained, and hide in the woods for a month until it blows over. Then I get hungry, and it's back on a doorstep again. Half a century of this... I'm not sure if I'll ever bother stopping. It works, that's all I can say." Her wings flapped, and she rose a small way into the air.

"Well, lets see what is available" said Kathy turning to her computer.

She opened a couple of folders and opened a password protected file. She then scrolled down through a list of names.

"Well there is Gregory Hale, he lives right at the edge of town opposite the gas station. He is in pretty good health, but he'll be ninety seven this September. No one will comment if he passes away in his sleep, as it were."

Kathy scrolled down a bit further.

"There is also Amanda Martin. She has advanced leukaemia poor kid. Unfortunately her parents don't believe in modern medicines and won't let her have any treatment. I can't even give her anything for the pain. She loves animals though."

Kathy turned back to Zeditha and readjusted her glasses.

"You might actually be doing her a favour."

((Just a general FYI, but for those of you who may be considering a second character the Headmaster position is open again.))

Zeditha blinked. She wasn't used to being given names for people to drain... "I think I'll do the little girl. Her parents might choose to keep me though, would it be a good idea to take them too?"

Kathy gave a sigh and sat back.

"I personally wouldn't mind myself, but they are both as fit as fiddles. Suspicions might be raised that I couldn't cover with medical jargon, and accidents sometimes tend to cause trouble. We try and keep a low profile here. No brake failures or anything if we can avoid it."

She looked down at the little fae. She had seemed taken back a bit at being handed two people on a plate.

"There are a small number of fae here. The doctor who trained me was also a fae. We found that administering to the sick and dying gave good opportunities to find people that could be fed upon without causing much suspicion. Helpful for vampires too. As long as no one gets too greedy we can all stay below the radar."

A girl in a simple teal skinny jeans and a random black sleeveless button-up shirt pranced down the hallway. Her braided "dyed" blue pony tail swayed behind her as she strode purposefully to her first class. The short 4'9 female paused only momentarily to bend forward over the drinking machine. When she stood back up, a delicate thumb padded over her lower lip to vanquish the lingering droplets of clear liquid. She skipped into the Tutors class and she sat down near the back, provided she left a space between the hermit kid and herself. Oz seemed bored, as usual, and Jacquelina wouldn't attempt to make any conversation... That was when Roe Humpton Deacon the Fifth hobbled in. She snickered softly upon noticing the paper taped to his back.

"Kick me. I'm a censorkip.gif."

The sign was childish and uncreative, but it still amused the troublesome little fey. She had been feeding on his soul for a year now. It was rather amusing to watch her prey wriggle until the bullies causal gazes. Jacquelina's fingers drummed silently against her desk as the din of whispers filled the room while the students awaited the bell's shrill tone.

--

WooJoo tossed his suitcase onto the bed. After such a long trip straight by airplane from Seoul, he was rather tired. It was well past midnight back home and he was exhausted from his flight. The male unpacked his clothing, and he placed his extra clothing away. His special outfit was hidden away in a place no one would snoop and his phone was tossed carelessly against the comforter of his hotel bed. Next came the shower. The warm water cascaded down over his grimy flesh. After spending a good day on the planes, and in the airport, he was sure that the stench of the place had sunken into his skin. But, with the aid of a little shampoo, soap, conditioner, and several other products, he began to feel like himself once more.

The half-dressed man wandered out of the restroom, his hands still rubbing the soft towel through his damp locks. When he was satisfied, he tossed the cloth aside. Chiseled muscles flexed as WooJoo stretched with a rather loud yawn. He tromped over to the side of the bed and he pulled out his phone. Setting the device to wake him up in four hours, he collapsed down against the soft sheets. He needed a nap.

And then his new temporary home would meet the rich kid come to throw his money around.