Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

((I'm planning on it being something of a one sided conversation, to speed things up, so that Zeditha can be rescued quickly and get back into the RP. Just waiting for another in character post.))

“Don’t worry I will.” Damien spoke as he stepped out of the doctor’s office. He gave Kathy a small wave saying his good bye as she went to retrieve a phone call. Damien slowly walked across the road making sure no cars were approaching. He was fiddling on his phone sending a message to his assistant about his next check up. As he reached his car he figured to call upon his source on spreading the word. Still standing outside of his car he phone Jeannette knowing she can easily pass the message around.

((I left him outside of his car if you want to use him to save Zeditha Fortune.))

Kathy picked up the phone and held it to her ear. Hopefully it wasn't another parent asking questions about the attack in the woods a few days ago. The news about Mr Richard's had set a lot of people on edge.

"Brookwood Clinic. Yes? Yes I do know a Greg Backhouse. Sorry? He said what? A talking fox? Yes. I'll look into it. Thanks for calling me. Goodbye."

Kathy put the phone down and cursed. She had to move fast.

She grabbed her medical bag and half-ran out of the clinic door. Seeing Damien standing by his car she called over to him.

"Damien! I need a lift! Small emergency!"

Damien waited patiently for Jeanette to answer the phone but it seemed like she was busy. The call went to voice mail twice so he decided to leave a voice message the second time.

“Hey Jeanette. Can you meet me at my office in an hour please? There is something important I need to tell.”

The mayor looked at the phone after he left his message hoping she would get it in time. Just as he unlocked his car he heard Kathy’s voice calling out to him. She was seeking a lift and seeing Damien had nowhere to be in a hour so he gladly nodded at the young woman.

“Sure thing.” Damien spoke as he stepped around his car opening the door to the passengers seat.

"Thanks" said Kathy climbing into the car when Damien opened the door for her.

"You know that fae I was telling you about? I think she has gone and gotten herself caught by that drunk Greg Backhouse. To make things worse, she spoke to him! The hospital down in Selwest are going to alert the police in case the man is doing drugs, but thankfully someone called me as well as a matter of courtesy."

Damien was a bit shocked that the little fae would do something like this. Even if her luck was that being caught by a drunk but they tend to be unpredictable when it came to talking animals. The mayor closed the door on Kathy’s side and quickly hurried toward the driver’s seat.

“I doubt we will ever have a normal day.” Damien spoke as he got in. Starting up his car he made head fast way towards their destination. Lucky for them most of the traffic had settled so they made good time.

"I stopped having normal days when I was eight" sighed Kathy.

She didn't know what Zeditha might have said, but dropping the facade and speaking to a human was never a good idea. Even if they weren't a slayer, a slayer might hear of it. They knew better than to pass off stories of talking animals as mere stories. If they didn't get to Greg's house quickly, someone else might beat them to it.

"Here" said Kathy aloud. "Down this road here. Greg lives in that dump at the end."

Edited by Fortune86

Damien stepped a bit harder on the gas pedal causing the Land Rover to move even faster. Driving at these speeds didn’t seem out of the ordinary, he is always hurrying of to somewhere for some or other meeting or even emergency.

As the vehicle reached the end of the road Damien took one of the turns and parked his car around the corner out of eye sight.

“Right. What is you plan and what can I do?” Damien asked as he switched of the car.

"Okay, I'm going to go to the front door and keep him busy" said Kathy. "I can't exactly march up there with the mayor in tow because that would look strange. You have no real business to be here."

She looked around at the surrounding trees. Greg's house, if you could call it a house, was situated a small distance away from his neighbours and had several trees hiding the rear garden from view. The garden itself backed out onto the woods.

"I need you to drive away after dropping me off and park somewhere out of sight. Then go through the woods and through his back door. If he has the fae in his house, you should be able to smell her."

“Right so it’s a basic grab and dash situation.” Damien spoke as he looked in the side mirror for any movement. “I hope you can occupy him long enough for me to get there in time?” Damien asked hopefully. “Otherwise you might have to give me at least a minute or two to get in position.”

"Well if push comes to shove I'll start flirting with him" said Kathy getting out of the car. "Then he really will start wondering if he's been drinking too much."

Although she couldn't see anyone around it didn't mean no one was watching. Kathy walked down the road, followed the path to Greg's house, counted to twenty to give Damien a bit longer and then rang the doorbell.

((Zed do you want to RP the man?))

Damien drove of leaving Kathy behind at the entrance. He felt sorry for her if she had to start flirting with him, heavens knows if he was in that position he would just fake a heart attack. He parked the car around the corner near a fishing store. Before he climbed out he took off his jacket and unbuttoned his shirt. He then searched the back seat for a cap and a normal t-shirt. He usually had extra clothes in his car mostly due to ending sometimes in messy places. Besides he didn’t want to ruin his jacket and his shirt, he had enough trouble getting his other clothes clean.

Climbing out of the car he placed he cap on his head and started heading out, locking the car as he left. He didn’t want anyone to recognize him easily as he went into the woods. There were of course a law of not entering them in the first place.

Damien got into quick jog reaching the tree line. He quickly manoeuvred his way through to the back yard where he waited still the coast was clear.

((I don't mind, he's an NPC. And it's some kind of restaurant, not his house.))

The man put down the phone, and went back outside. He smirked at Zeditha, who was curled up. She opened one eye and looked at him as he began to talk. "I've called them," he said, as if he had won. "I called the hospital. And they believed me. They're coming for you now. You're done for!" He chuckled, but slowed down quickly and lost his cheerful demeanour as the fox yawned, jaws clicking sharply together. "Great," said Zeditha, genuinely. "While they're rescuing me, would you mind staying here? And also, if you wouldn't mind never mentioning a talking fox to anyone, ever, I'd be very pleased." The man was stunned. "Umm..." he said, then fell quiet. He sat down, staying by the cage, as Zeditha sat up, tail curled on paws to wait.

((Sorry, but I didn't think the guy would have taken a fox, even a caged one, into a restaurant. Health hazards and all that.))

It didn't take long for Kathy to realise that Greg wasn't at home. He hadn't taken the fox to the restaurant had he? Okay, Gred wasn't the most hygienic of people but even he should know better than that. The food inspectors would have a fit. Getting Zeditha out of a busy restaurant would be a lot harder too.

She walked around the house until she reached the gate leading to the back yard. It was locked, so she called out softly instead.

"Damien?"

((Oh, she's not inside. A bit round the back, but outside.))

Zeditha heard a voice she recognised. Kathy? She barked, a fox bark, that would hopefully indicate her location.

((Zed you just said that Zeditha is at the restaurant. Damien and Kathy are at the house.))

((She was stealing food from a dumpster, being a fox. Dumpsters with significant food in tend to be by restaurants. The man caged her, outside, by the restaurant.))

((Well in that case Kathy and Damien will have to leave the house and go to the resturant. They aren't anywhere near the resturant yet.))

((Hey fort is there any chance for a catchup? I've lost track of whats happening... aren't the hunters meant to be after the harpy family?))

((Very little movement has been made on that since August. I suggest you PM Dow and Fangirl to try and work something out.))