Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

"Ah, Domenico Ghirlandaio" said Odette smiling. "He had many apprentices, one of which was Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simon, or Michelangelo, whom I am sure most of you know. Ghirlandaio excelled in frescos and painted in many churches, such as the Tornabuoni Chapel and the Chiesa di Ognissanti. Ghirlandaio's particular talent was his ability to depict contemporary life and portraits of contemporary people within the context of religious narratives."

She looked at the girl with the green hair and the brunette next to her before moving on.

"Can anyone give me a third?"

Jeremiah looked up towards the new teacher. She seemed very knowledgeable of the topic. He mentally shrugged, she was a history teacher after all. The majority of the hands had dropped now, although there were still a few lingering in the air. Jeremiah raised his hand again as one such artist came to mind.

((Can anyone tell me what a homeroom teacher does? And what is homeroom?

EDIT: Sorry for the short post))

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

Odette took a third and fourth Renaissance artist from her students, and another that was a good guess but from the wrong time period. She looked around for another student to chose and saw that Hermione and another boy put up their hands together. Flipping a mental coin she chose the spiky black haired kid.

"And would you like to give us a sixth name to finish us off?

((A homeroom teacher is a teacher who takes attendance and other administrative activities. Homeroom normally takes place as the first lesson/period of the day. It is sort of like a planning or free period.))

Edited by Fortune86

A kid with short black spiked hair raised his hand. There was one name that no one had stated yet; it was the bomb waiting to go off. So the normally quiet student figured he would be the one to state it aloud for the whole class to hear. When the vampire picked him out, he spoke with a deep voice, betraying that his age in the process.

"Leonardo da Vinci, Miss Odette?"

"Yes. Leonardo da Vinci is probably one of the most famous Renaissance artists, especially since the book and movie came out. Leonardo was not only a painter, he was a polymath and excelled in many fields. He was also a sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and writer. A very, very clever man, his genius, perhaps more than that of any other figure, epitomized the Renaissance humanist ideal."

Odette clasped her hands together.

"As you can see, there were a great many artists of the Renaissance. Just like in any other field each one was influcenced by those that came before and in turn, influcenced those that came after. That is one of the key reasons to study history, to learn from those that came before you and carry on building on their work. As we have broached the subject of Leonardo I'd like you all to turn to page..."

Odette hesitated, grabbed her own textbook from her desk and flicked it open to check the page number.

"Page thirty four. And would the young lady in the red shirt at the back read the first passage for us all please?"

((Quick thing, but Odette was introduced as 'Miss Durant'. They shouldn't know her first name yet smile.gif))

Edited by Fortune86

Jeremiah dropped his arm and his head collided with his desk with a loud thunk. He heard a chuckle from Matthew.

With his face still pressed against the desk he opened the text book. Maybe he should have met up with that new slayer. He really wasn't liking this new teacher.

He let his mind wander and he began solving the questions in his maths textbook as opposed to listening to the History one being read. He had read through the book in his spare time and didn't really care for repeated information to be repeated into his head.

((I'm sad now... i had such a good Renaissance painter))

While the girl she had chosen started to read the passage about how the various artists of the Renaissance changed the way people saw the world and what further influences their works had today, Odette took her seat at the desk and looked around the room. Most of her students were either focused on reading along with the passage, but there were a few that obviously had their minds on other things. One girl was bust inspecting her nails and Hermione had a face like thunder. Well, she wasn't interested in being their friend.

As she inspected her students Odette tried to work out which ones, if any, were supernaturals. One she had pegged down as a fellow vampire, poor kid. Turning children was forbidden, spending eternity in diapers wasn't something anyone would want to endure, but the percieved age of adulthood had risen over the centuries. Those who had once been considered old enough to find work or start familys had slowly found themselves dragged back into school in order to keep up the illusion.

Odette looked at the blue haired girl sitting next to the green haired one and watched the eyes. She had spent a long time learning the signs and this one was definitely a Fae.

Edited by Fortune86

((Wow, inactive for 2 pages. Sorry everyone.))

Zeditha blinked. She'd obviously touched a nerve somewhere, but she couldn't figure out what it was. "Bye..." she said, trotting over to peek at the screen. Memorising where the house of the little girl was, she fluttered out of the open window - disguised as a slightly large bird of prey. She smiled, as much as her beak let her. It might prevent her from use of her tail or forelimbs, but being a bird at least meant she could fly. After flying around for a bit, though, she quickly assumed her less suspicious fox form, as it was rare for a bird of prey to land in a dumpster. Foxes, however, must not be an uncommon pest for the restaurant owner in whose bin she'd appeared, because as soon as she picked her way to the ground (Holding a piece of leftover chicken - for conformity purposes) the large man rounded the corner. Not spotting him until too late, as her smell was blocked by the spiced chicken in her mouth, she found herself picked up by the scruff and thrown in a cage. She growled, and tried to bite the man's hand as it withdrew to lock the cage, but he obviously had some experience with foxes and slipped a muzzle over her snout. Sighing, she sat back, wondering what he would do with her. This simple act seemed to surprise the man, though, since ordinary foxes didn't accept that they were trapped. Zeditha smiled, and curled up, but not before attempting a yawn. Annoyed, she scratched at the muzzle. Its strong leather was difficult to cut through, but she lengthened her claws and managed it. She made sure to damage it as little as possible, though. That done, she snuffled once, and pushed it to the edge of the cage, before yawning properly and curling up again.

As the man left, Zeditha was alone, but she had a problem on her hands. She was fading, she knew, and she had to get to someone quickly. But this cage was made to keep foxes trapped, and she couldn't get out without using her unfoxly powers, giving herself away to the man that she was not a natural beast. What should she do? She took to one possibility, and howled. It was a fox howl, but she laced a strange quality into it, that hopefully any fellow Supes nearby would recognise. She had one other hope, though - that no Slayers would.

((I have no idea how to get her out of this one. I didn't even properly plan it, a picture just came into my head and I wrote down what was happening. xd.png Um... Help?))

Damien said his farewell and left the school. As he drove he made a quick stop at the road works making sure everything was still on course. Thou the men seemed to be working even slower knowing that they made a mistake but that didn’t bother Damien much. They weren’t going to pay for it so was happy.

Finally he took course to the doctor’s office which was luckily not too far away. Parking his car Damien quickly checked his phone and contacted his assistant that involved about an email he received. Once he was done the werewolf finally got out of the car and started making his way to meet with Kathy.

((Can you meet him at the door Fortune))

After the little fox Fae had left Kathy started to get her things together. Putting various items into her doctor's bag she wrote a note explaining she would be on her rounds and pinned up where someone walking through the front door would be able to see it. As an after thought she added to call her mobile in the case of an emergency.

Kathy was just grabbing her bag from where she had left it when she heard the sound of a car pull up. The engine sounded a lot better than most of the trucks in the area and she recognised it as Damien's. He was early.

She walked over to the front door and looked outside. The mayor had just shut his car door and was walking over to her clinic.

"Good morning" Kathy called over. "Thought you'd pop in and get your exam over and done with?"

((I'll see what I can do Zed, but you may need to wait a bit.))

“Hello Katharine.” Damien spoke smiling as he was greeted by his fellow kind by the door. “A couple of things got canceled so I figured it be a good time to come and see you.” His sniffed the air noticing a different scent, something wild. His eyes moved around the room trying to make out what it might be but soon the scent started to fade. Whatever was here had left for a while now.

“Did I come at a busy time? I could pop in a bit later if you were about to leave.” He spoke as he looked at her bag.

(I'm assuming Oz knows Jaenette prior to the start of the rp?)

Only seconds after returning his bottle to his backpack, did he feel a soft vibration emanate from his right jeans pocket. He looked at it puzzled, wondering who it was that would have sent him a text at this time, it would be out of the ordinary for his mother to do so, having never sent him a text at this time of day. Had she had something urgent to say, she had more 'unique' ways of getting the message across.

Oz slumped back against the toilet seat and reached into his pocket, retrieving the mobile device.

"Come to this address after school. You'll be safe. I have need of your abilities"

Was the message displayed on his screen, the sender was Jeanette; the harpy journalist.

"What does she want?" wondered Oz, re-reading the contents of the message. "I'll be safe..? Is that suppose to be reassuring..?" he muttered silently to himself. The boy in the cubicle over stared in Oz's direction in complete confusion. Having only overheard Oz's mutterings, his mind began to wonder as to what Oz could be on about.

Oz began to text away, deleting uncompleted messages before rewriting them again. He didn't want to give her the wrong idea, nor did he want to offend a Supe whose lineage stems from a species that have a natural fondness for human flesh.

After several minutes and unable to devise an adequate response, he simply replied with.

"Why?"

Satisfied, he returned his phone back into his pocket, flushed the toilet and left the bathroom.

(( blink.gif Aww, nuts, I forgot to add Jeanette's initials! Anyway, my feeling is that most of the Supes at least know of each other, if they don't actually interact. Plus, Jeanette's a journalist; according to her, it's kind of important to keep tabs on pretty much everything xd.png ))

Her phone chimed a couple minutes later, long enough that she felt deprived of her chance to fall back asleep. Still, courtesy and necessity dictated that she answer Oz's question. So she did:

Slayers are coming. I, and probably others, need protection.

Four hours of sleep was all the Slayer managed to get before his phone blared loudly, splitting through his dreamless mind state. Eli's eyes fluttered open and a hand shot out to silence he infernal device. His blurry gaze flickered over the screen to see a message waiting. After a moment's consideration, the giant slid his thumb across the glass-like material and he unlocked his phone.

You're services are needed. Call number for mission information.

WooJoo slid off of the bed and he headed back into the restroom while his thumb tapped the appropriate digits into the keypad. The line rang three times before he hung up. A minute later, the aliens ringtone was going off and Eli was answering his phone. A robotic voice ran a standard advertisement that would have made anyone think it was just some telemarketer. WooJoo knew better, and soon he was punching in his necessary credentials. The phone ran twice before a human sounding voice picked up on the live. A short conversation ensued and then the male on the other end was conveying the needed information. Committing each detail to memory, the opened his bathroom room to move into another room.

Once he hung up, he set a timer on his phone and he disappeared in a back room to get suited up. It was time to go case the area he would be visiting later.

((Where will the parents be?))

((Quick question if you're going to go kill the parents now... how is Jeremiah going to get there?))

Zeditha decided to stop howling. Obviously, any Supes or Slayers that would have heard it already had; she just had to wait and see what would happen. She curled up, and snuffled into her tail.

((She flew some way. She could be anywhere; I don't have a map, so I can't point it out, but she was heading somewhat towards the little girl.))

((Where will the parents be?))

((They live in a natural cave system on the mountain a little ways off to the west of the side facing Brookwood. Call it the south-western face.

Also, I'm not really 100% on how the Slayers operate. If Jeremiah doesn't answer to the same person as the other Slayers, maybe whoever he does answer to can get word of the mission from them and pass it along to him?))

Oz was almost towards his classroom, when his pocket vibrated again causing him to stop on the spot.

Slayers are coming. I, and probably others, need protection

A worried expression soon began to form on his face as he read the contents of the message. 'Slayers are coming?? Why?! Was that the mayors true intentions of being here?' thought Oz. His fingers danced across the screen of his phone as he replied to the text.

"How do you know this?"

"How many of them are there?"

"Does the mayor know?!"

He typed, sending her several individual text messages within quick succession. Without wasting much effort he quickly shifted contacts towards his family members and began to send them a text but was forced to stop mid way.

"So... how did your students do on that mock test you gave them last week?" came a masculine voice from around the corner.

"The usual... I guess..." replied a feminine voice, a hint of displeasure in her voice. "Of course Shelly Davids aced the test... but the others didnt even make it look like they bothered... I mean seriously... look at this!" the sound of paper rustling could be heard before the man burst into a fit of laughter.

On the paper she held was the question, "In what country is Mt. Fuji Located?" the answer scribbled beneath it was "The fiji Islands?"

Oz quickly pocketed his phone and dashed into the nearby Janitor's closet. He knew that he was already late for class. Being caught now would only result in an after school detention.

Jeanette felt a little guilty about apparently scaring the kid, but she had to give him the answers he deserved:

My pop told me. He makes a point of it to keep an eye on these issues. He didn't specify how many, but I'm sure there's at least two. I'm willing to bet the town's new hooker is one of them. I'm not sure if Mayor Neelson knows, but I'd think he was at least suspicious.

Edited by Fangirl05

((They live in a natural cave system on the mountain a little ways off to the west of the side facing Brookwood. Call it the south-western face.

Also, I'm not really 100% on how the Slayers operate. If Jeremiah doesn't answer to the same person as the other Slayers, maybe whoever he does answer to can get word of the mission from them and pass it along to him?))

((Alright.

And I imagine Jeremiah will get a call, dear, and Fangirl stated. WooJoo is only going to stake out the area.

Jeremiah has time. smile.gif))

Edited by evangeline5432

Kathy shook her head.

"Not at all. In fact if I see to you now I'll have my whole afternoon free" she laughed. "Come on in."

She stood back and held open the door for the mayor.

"This shouldn't take too long. I take it you are still in fair health?"

~~~~

Once the passage had been read out Odette asked the class if they had any questions. A few hands were raised and she spent a few minutes explaining or going into further details. Glancing up at the clock she saw that it wouldn't be too long until the bell rang for lunch. Didn't time fly?

"Okay everyone we'll wrap up here for today. I want you all to read the rest of that chapter before our next class. We'll keep the homework simple until we really start digging into the subject."

((Say, I was wondering about the Supes: Do they all kind of work together regardless of species, or do they all operate independantly of each other? Or do members of the same species work together but mostly independant of each other?))

((They'll group together to avoid detection by Slayers, because they're all in danger of them. However, when no threat is present, they tend to work independently. I think.))

((Brookwood is a place where all the Supes try and live together in harmony, as insofar as their different species can. Avoiding detection is the main thing, but they also try and support each other. A vampire who gets caught trapped by the sun might call a friendly harpy to come help them. A witch who has lost someone they turned into a frog might ask a werewolf to help track them down before they turn back. Little thins like that.))