Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

Damien stood in silence listening to the voices when, what he recognised as Greg’s voice, disappeared back into the restaurant. Damien then looked around a couple times making sure no one noticed him. Once he was satisfied he slowly made his way to the back door following the scent of the little fae.

“Psst. Fae where are you?”

Hey, don'cha worry, I've got Doc covered. Namina waved a hand in her boss's direction dismissively, and leaned on the counter. In her hands she gripped a pen and pad of paper. Absentmindedly did she tap the pen on the desk as Greg spoke. What'll ya have, Doc? 'S been a while since I've seen you stop over here for somethin' t' eat. She could see why. The restaurant was more of a dive than anything. Dirty, cheap, and of general low quality. If she was in charge, it'd be way better. But, she was just a waitress. Greg did it as a side job, and anyone could tell. Lord only knew what the man usually did. Whatever it was, it was worth trashing a bar and underpaying the staff. Brushing her bangs from her eyes, she sighed. Maybe she could buy the restaurant from him. That'd be nice.

((Who's greg?))

Walking out of the school Jeremiah pulled out his phone and quickly composed a text. He transferred the message to the central slayer number, they would then send it to all the relevant recipients, a.k.a the other slayers in the area.

I'm free now, if we still need to get something done I'll meet up at the usual place at the designated time, when it is given

He paused and looked down thinking hard, he then quickly produced a followup

Where is the usual meeting place... I'm new, capable, but new

He frowned, that message would probably put him under scruitinising gaze by his senpais (he's half japanese I deem senpai appropriate) but he felt he should be honest with his standing in actual combat.

((I will make a proper post soon, but at the moment I am using this slot to check who is staying and who is being removed.

Supernaturals:

Harpy: Erin (Tiga)

Witch: Oz (TotallyDrow)

Fae: Jacquelina (evangeline5432)

Slayers:

1) Jin (TotallyDrow)

2) WooJoo (evangeline5432)

The above people/characters have not posted in the last two weeks. They will be removed from the RP.

Edit: The above have been removed. Jeremiah and Namina are the only Slayers left.

I will be closing applications for the RP soon. That means we can focus on making plots for existing characters rather than trying to introduce new people all the time.))

When Namina took her 'order' from Greg Kathy did not allow her displeasure to show on her face. Damn damn damn. She needed to keep Greg here, in the main resturant area.

"I was just hoping that Greg would take me through the menu" she replied. "I have absolutely no idea what I would like. What's new?"

To her relief Greg didn't move far away. Instead he grabbed a beer from the fridge and leaned against the bar, watching the conversation with interest.

~~~

Looking at the reports before him he knew it was a opportunity they could not afford to pass up. There was a suspected harpy nest up in the moutains near Brookwood, on the south western front. How long the nest had been there he had no idea, they must have been very careful, but not careful enough. A hiker had found a mangled corpse and had waited until he returned home to Selwest before reporting in, bypassing Brookwood entirely. This was fortunate, if the hiker had told the locals of the body chances were the harpies would have heard and fled. This was a chance for a surprise strike.

There were two Slayers in the Brookwood area, Jeremiah Kururugi and Namina Waltz. Grabbing his keyboard he typed out a message and forwarded it to both of them. It would reach their issused mobile phones in seconds.

~~~

((Odette reset))

After cleaning up the mess made in the school hallway Odette put out a little wet floor sign and placed the mop and bucket away. The boy she had found in the cupboard had been hiding for a dare. After a quick lecture she had chased him on to class. With nothign further to do she collected her things and walked to the staff room.

Edited by Fortune86

Damien heard movement after he spoke and with it a strong smell of the little fae. The cage she was kept in was on a chair by the back door. This would be an easy grab and go but he couldn’t just walk around with a case with some captured animal in it. People would eventually recognise him and that would do some harm to his image.

Before he proceeded Damien looked around for something to carry the cage. Luckily seeing it was the back of the restaurant so there was a fair amount of boxes. Sadly they weren’t really that clean but it will only be for a minute or two that the little fae would have to live with.

With his plan sorted the werewolf moved quickly up the steps to the chair with the cage. He saw the excitement on Zeditha’s face knowing she would be released soon. Damien placed his finger on his lips indicating to her that she should stay quite. With one swift movement he took the cage and carefully stuffed it in the box. Everything happened under a minute and before they knew it both fae and werewolf was back at Damien’s car. With the saved fae on the back seat Damien got behind the wheel and quickly texted Kathy about his success.

“We’ll get you out of that soon. I’m just waiting for the doctor.” Damien spoke looking over his shoulder at the back seat.

Namina couldn't help but display her irritation at Kathy's request. She was Greg to read her the menu, huh? News flash, Greg didn't even know what was on the menu! As far as she knew, that was. He was never in the kitchen and didn't spend much time behind the bar or at the tables. Namina opened her mouth to protest, but closed it as the phone in her back pocket buzzed. An anonymous text.

Harpy attack SW from Brookwood. Get on it.

Ya know, my shift's been over for ten minutes now. Namina slid the pad of paper and pen across the bar so it rested near Greg. I should get home anyways. See ya 'round. Ducking out from behind the bar, the woman untied her apron as she headed towards the door. Harpy attack, huh? That wouldn't take too long. all she had to do was find the nest.

---

Footsteps echoed throughout the empty hall. An ages-old tunnel system for slayers made stealth much easier. In her traditional garb, Namina was truly in her element. The dark clothing she wore had been passed on though generations of women. The Sirens, as her line of slayers had been called, were a notorious clan in the area. If they had been called out, it was serious business. But successful leads had been so rare that every hunt was serious. A simple response came once Namina was on her way to the forest.

The Sirens hear your call. The nest will be eradicated.

Damien's assistant let her in. So he was off on a lunch date with dr. Grey, eh? Guess it was werewolf mating season.

Since she doubted he would be back any time soon, she settled into the visiting area with a Time from a few months back. So gay men didn't want to try to move on from the terror and stigma of the AIDS epidemic? That was a surprise. She still remembered those days; she'd lost some very good human friends then. At least she'd made sure the incubi who'd made them sick died bloody.

Just as it seemed Namina was going to take over her order the waitress got a text and decided to leave. A boyfriend perhaps? Wanting to know if her shift was over? Kathy didn't dwell much on it but was relieved that Namina didn't pop into the back rooms before leaving.

After coaxing Greg back over kathy kept him busy for a few minutes while she decided on her 'order'. Thankfully it wasn't long before her own cell alerted her to a text. Grabbing it out of her pocket she checked her messages and saw that Damien had managed to grab Zeditha and was waiting for her out in the car.

"Sorry Greg" she said looking up at him. "Emergency. We'll have to have a rain check."

She said goodbye and hurried out the resturant door. Moments later she was slipping into the passanger seat next to Damien.

"Any problems?"

Jeremiah opened the door to his home and walked in.

"I'm home," He called.

"But school doesn't finish for another hour or two," Came the reply. His sister Mayumi wheeled up to him on her wheelchair.

"Well now that you're home you can make me some lunch," She said.

Jeremiah raised his eyebrow at her and then shook his head.

"No I gotta go out, I came home early cause my boss want me to work an extra shift, I can use the money too," He said walking past her to his room. She followed him and watched as he pulled out his scabbard.

"What does your boss want you to do with that?" She asked suspiciously.

Jeremiah drew the silver blade, examining it briefly, he deposited it back and smiled at Mayumi.

"Haha, don't worry we're shipping in a bunch of boxes and he wants us all to bring something to cut them. He asked me if I'd bring one of my sword cause there are some really big things, now could you get out while I change?" He chuckled towards his sister. She frowned and wheeled herself back out of his room.

------------------

Jeremiah watched as the rats ran away as he approached. He was walking through the old tunnel system that was used by the slayers in the area. It was still daytime so he couldn't afford to go walking through the streets in his combat attire, without the scabbard and thick coat and hood his mask served enough to freak people out. He looked down at his phone and frowned at the reply to the message he'd received.

The Sirens? Aren't Harpies classified as Sirens? Oh well I guess some people feel they should become what they hunt in order to best it He mused to himself as he continued towards the location.

Probably a woman... or women, I wonder how many there are gonna be, and I doubt a man would call himself a Siren, unless he's the type who thinks he's "Fabulous" Jeremiah exclaimed out loud, waving his arms in a very flamboyant manner. Blushing slightly beneath his mask at such an embarrassing action Jeremiah continued walking, his eyes peering through the darkness as he moved.

((So are we gonna meet up prior to arriving at the nest?))

((they can meet on their way there.))

The footsteps behind her made Namina freeze. In a matter of seconds, her entire form had vanished from sight. Talismans were useful for stealth. In silent, practiced movements, she gripped her ornate bow with one hand and nocked an arrow. As these tunnels were so old, there was no telling what could be inside. A monster could be trailing her, for all she knew. Show yourself, or an arrow will be through your eye. Her voice, although calm, held a firm tone. As her eyes focused upon a figure, a frown curled her hidden lips downwards. Oh. It was one of those modern slayers. The ones that had blown their cover and made Brookwood suspicious from the start. Namina debated killing the other hunter. The new slayers that had flocked to the area made the monsters of Brookwood edgy. No kills had been coming up for weeks. But finally, finally, one of them slipped up. She had anticipated this for ages. Turn back, the Sirens have already claimed this nest.

Jeremiah paused as he heard the voice echo through the tunnel. He frowned and his eyes glowed slightly, he smiled and turned his gaze directly onto the woman standing in front of him. She was hard to see but his talisman was designed to push back the shadows and he could see her quite clearly.

"You don't sound so happy to have a little backup," He mused. He walked forward, he could see the bow she had drawn and pointed at him, and he stopped at a range he deemed close enough to talk properly, and far enough that would give him the time to deflect the arrow if it were fired. He casually eased the hilt of his sword outside of it's scabbard.

"Also, you say the 'Sirens' have this claimed, I see one person. What's more it's not a contest, we're here to kill these creatures, that's our purpose not to claim the spoils and boast about them in a pub later in the week. Besides, I need to go on this or I'm never going to have any combat experience, surely you can let the newbie tag along and cover your rear," Jeremiah finished. He smiled pleasantly at her, then remembered he was wearing a mask. Deeming he'd said enough he closed the difference and patted her on the shoulder.

"Nice talisman by the way, I could barely see you" He said, hoping a compliment would keep her from stabbing him.

((Sorry if he seems smug))

The woman's emerald eyes widened with fury as Jeremiah spoke. This was his first mission!? Harsh laughter was muffled by the mask that covered her mouth. She wouldn't have to kill him, the harpies would do it themselves! As soon as the stranger tried to get closer, she turned on her heel and began to walk. The tension in her bowstring was slowly lowered and the arrow was returned to its quiver. She had better things to do than help an idiot. A first-timer going aftet a nest of harpies!? What a joke!

“Yes. Luckily for us all went well. How about with you?” Damien spoke as he started the car up. “I hope Gary wasn’t a jerk or anything. It has been awhile since the health inspector was there.

((Sorry for the really short post Fortune))

"No it all went pretty well" said Kathy as she buckled herself in. She glanced back over her shoulder at the little fox in the cage. They had remained silent so far, which was just as well.

"Come on, lets get out of here" she said turning back to look out the front. "I feel like I need to take a shower to get rid of the grime of that place."

((It has been nearly three weeks since Zed last posted. If she does not do so today, I'll remove her character.))

Jeanette sighed and checked her watch; Damien didn't have to be here for another ten minutes. Seriously? She felt like he was ten minutes late.

She fished her phone out of her purse and plugged in her earbuds. Maybe music would make time speed up.

((Fangirl as Jeanette's parents are going to be slaughtered soon, do you think you can make a quick post as them? Give the Slayers something to work with?))

Jeremiah rolled his eyes beneath his mask. Typical senior, think they're the bees knees but in a couple years their old bones will be creaking and the youngsters will need to take over. Jeremiah wondered whether she realised she had the perfect opportunity to guide the newest generation of slayers to meet peek performance.

Evidently not Jeremiah thought as she turned on her heel and began to walk away laughing. He followed idly behind her, getting into close range where he'd have the advantage if she were the violent type. Jeremiah kept his hand fixed on the hilt of his rapier as he walked.

"You know... talking about tactics could be useful," Jeremiah started.

"I don't expect to be mere cannon fodder, but I'd like to do something in this encounter. Maybe you can disable them with your bow and I'll finish them off?" Jeremiah suggested, shrugging his arms. He sighed resolutely and stretched his arms up.

"Yeah that'd work, I get combat experience... or I get the taste for killing these things and you get to take all the credit of allowing them to be killed, that's a win, win situation.... If you have any other ideas by all means speak! I estimate we've still got roughly twenty minutes in this tunnel so that's twenty minutes for you to wake the dead with that laugh of yours, or twenty minutes to discuss strategy utilising our strengths and weaknesses combined with those of the harpies and our varying levels of combat experience," Jeremiah finished, he was talking in a complete dead pan voice by now and found the seniors lack of conversation irritation. At the present time he was probably more likely to kill her than the harpies would.

((Hey Shadow can you rp that while Jeremiah is talking Namina isn't saying anything?))

((Yeah, sure.))

"How could you just let her go?!" Aglaia wailed. Her feathers fluffed out in distress. "Those monsters will tear her apart!"

"You think I didn't try?" Cronus barked. Apollo, the golden eagle with whom they shared their cave, flapped his wings once and screeched in annoyance at having his nap interrupted and tucked his head back under his wing.

"Besides," the boread continued, stroking the eagle's neck carefully, "you know how she likes to spend her time. I'm sure she can give them a run for their money."

"Until they start throwing fire lots at her!" the harpy countered. She turned from her mate and crossed her wings as best she could. "Oh, why do I even bother? You wouldn't understand."

Cronus froze mid-pet and narrowed his eyes at her. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were saying I don't love my daughter."

"Of course not" Aglaia sighed. She turned back toward him. "You just don't have the same bond with her that I do. If those Slayers do find her, she'll fight them until her heart stops beating no matter what they do to her."

Apollo suddenly hopped up from his perch and fluttered over the mouth of the cave. Cronus waved his mate toward the back of the cave and bared his teeth in a hiss.

There were humans out there.

((Hmm, let's see *visualizes*... Okay, so Cronus looks a little like James Marsden in Enchanted, but seven feet tall and with white skin, red hair, and gold eyes, white bird wings out of his back and bird feet for hands. Aglaia looks kind of like Aurora with bird wings instead of arms.))

“Good. I’ll drop you off at your place then.” Damien spoke as he pulled out of the parking area. “I should be getting to the office so will you take care of your little friend here?”

((I am removing Zeditha (both character and player) from the RP for absence.))

"Yeah" said Kathy. "I think I've had enough fun for one day. Hopefully it will be a quiet afternoon."

When Damien drew up outside her office Kathy climbed out of the car and then removed the cage from the back seat.

"I hope I haven't made you too late for your meeting" she said through Damien's window.

“I believe Jeanette will understand. Any way I will see you most likely tomorrow. Stay safe Kathy.” Damien spoke. The two said their good bye’s once more and the mayor drove off towards his office.

It only took him a couple of minutes to get there and once he did he was rather relieved. Once he spoke to the young journalist he might cancel the rest of his meetings and go home. He needed his rest for the night to come as well.

Stepping out of his car Damien, gathered his clothes on the back seat. He was still in his “disguise” and he didn’t want to leave his neat clothes in the car. He however took of his cap and left it on the back seat, he needed it after all for protection against the sun on some days.

With clothes in hand and a little bit of a messy hair the mayor stepped into his office building who was greeted by his assistant. His assistant gave him a bit of a weird look but Damien just smiled and shook his head.

“I’ll tell you later.” Damien spoke. As he turned around he saw Jeanette sitting silently in the waiting room. “Cancel the rest of my meeting for today. I’ll see to miss Harvelle here.”

“Yes sir.” Spoke the young man quickly getting to work in cancelling the mayors meetings.

When Damien had left Kathy examined the fox in the cage, but it was just an ordinary animal. Not a trapped Fae as she had feared. Greg must have spent the morning drinking his own foul beer.

Feeling relieved and also annoyed at a wasted adventure Kathy let the fox go near the tree line and then disposed of the cage. A lot of people laid traps around here, so no one would bother about another cage laid out for scrap.

Going back to her clinic Kathy sat down at her desk and put her feet up. What a morning.

Namina had long since grown tired of Jeremiah. Because of this, she ignored him to focus upon the task ahead. Right. Harpies. The last thing she wanted was to get into contact with those claws of theirs, so she'd have to fight from a distance. That's what made archery so useful. Not only was it near-silent, but it was also deadly efficient. Before she exited the tunnel, she stopped to slide her quiver off. As she was to fight harpies, she had grabbed the oil-soaked arrowheads. The nest, as well as Harpies, were terribly flammable. It would ultimately be their downfall. As Namina returned to her feet, she only took a couple more paces until she reached a trap door. Before she began to climb, she wirled around to glare at the other Slayer. No. Not. Follow. Me. I plan on killing these Harpies, and you'll just mess it up. After she was sure her message was clear, she climbed up the ladder and pushed the trap door open. Once out, she stood in the middle of dense, dark forest. Now to find the nest.