Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

((Since vangs here is woojoo going to show up to the harpy hunt? I'd like to know before posting...))

Damien said his final good bye to Jeanette knowing she would be a great help to spread the word. The mayor closed the door of his office and went to sit behind his desk. His finger ran under the desk towards the secret button causing the signal jammer to switch off.

“And now to inform our dear new teacher.” Damien spoke as he picked up his office phone und punching in the school’s number.

It rang a few times until a female voice echoed through the line greeting him with the school’s slogan.

“Ah good day miss. Can I please speak to Miss Durant?”

“Thank you I’ll hold on.” Damien replied as the voice insured him that she was available to speak.

The school secretary popped her head through the staff room doorway.

"Miss Durant? There is a call for you."

Odette looked up from her rather bland magazine. A call for her? Who could it possibly be? She'd only been in town a few hours.

Getting up she followed the secretary to the office and picked up the phone. It seemed the secretary was also curious about the call, as she started filing papers within earshot.

"Hello? Durant speaking?"

"I... Haven't been to see him in a while" Jeanette answered. That was a kind way to put it; the old bone bag had tried to take her Solomon for God-knew-what and she'd almost torn his arm off. "Do you know where I can find him, if he's moved?"

"He's at his daughter's house" said Kathy. "He was unable to pay the rent so he moved in with her and his grandchildren."

She looked at Jeanette with some concern. While Perthwee and his daughter were both water witches, she had married a fire witch. The twins had taken after their father and the biggest threat to a harpy was fire. So far they hadn't done more than set their neighbour's lawn alight, but a harpy in the house could be too tempting a target. Kids could be real jerks at eight years old.

Jeanette sighed. "To the outskirts, then" she decided, unenthusiastic. She pounded the last of her coffee, tossed the empty cup into the trash and adjusted her skirt as she stood. "This daughter of his," she asked, "she doesn't have a racist thing against harpies or anything, does she?"

Kathy shook her head.

"Carla is fine with most of us apart vampires. She was attacked by one as a child, one of the feral ones. She's had issues with them since. Try and be patient with Perthwee though. With his mind starting to wander it might take a few attempts to get him to understand what it is you need."

“Hello mother Oddette. It’s Damien speaking. I have a small request for you. It’s nothing big but I would love if you would accept it.” The mayor spoke in a clam voice. “Could you could meet me....” Damien paused a bit thinking on how to place his words. He didn’t want to blandly say about the supe’s meeting on the phone for in case if someone was listening. No he had to say something which he hoped that Oddette would understand.

“... for dinner tomorrow night?” He finally finished his words thinking it was the only way he could tell her.

Odette was only a little surprised by this request. She knew her human form was attractive, she worked damn hard to keep it that way, and it was not unusal for men to ask her out. They usually proved interesting for a short while, but the real fun started when she sent them back to their families and wives.

However, this was the first ime in many a year that she had been courted by a werewolve. She suspected an alterior motive of some sort.

"I'd love to join you for dinner tomorrow Mayor" she purred, deliberately playing it up for the benefit of her eavesdropper. "About eight o'clock?"

“That is just wonderful.” Damien spoke with hint of happiness. He was indeed glad that she accepted his request; he was just worried that she might think of it as a romantic something and he didn’t want that. Getting involve with someone who had seen many more years than he had was always an order for a bit of danger. None the less luckily the can sort it out tomorrow night when he picks her up.

“I’ll pick you up at eight then from there the evening will be our guide to... a wonderful night.” Damien nearly smacked head into the desk knowing he was making it sound like a real date but it was kind of hard not to say what he exactly wanted to say.

"I look forward to it."

Odette could see the secretary's expression in the window reflection and knew she was listenting hard. News of her date would be all over the town by nightfall. Well let them gossip. She didn't really care for what humans thought.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

She put the phone down and smiled sweetly as the secretary turned around to face her properly.

"The people here are so friendly. I'm sure I'll fit right in."

At that moment the bell rang to signal the end of the school hours. maybe now she could go and find someone to eat.

Edited by Fortune86

"Thanks" Jeanette nodded. No need to add that she was kind of preaching to the choir. "I'll see you tomorrow" she waved as she walked out.

A dark figure slid from out of the caressing shadows, his hazel eyes surveying the scene before him. He had been waiting for his promised backup, and now they had arrived with their guns already blazing... at one another. They were far too loud as well. The male's lips pursed into a disapproving frown, and as he neared the two rambling humans, his footsteps echoed ominously through the enclosed area. With a soft, hushed voice, he spoke, breaking their play of prides.

"If you two are finished dancing, we have a nest to clear."

((Sorry, didn't notice Vangs post, and for continuity's sake I'm gonna assume Namia is still here))

Jeremiah nodded silently to the man who had just arrived. He mentally smacked himself at being too focused in trying to one up the older Slayer.

"Seeing that we have someone else who seems genuinely intent on taking out this nest, would you care to share some ideas around the table. This is my first run and I'd like to know what I'm supposed to do," Jeremiah said bluntly.

"But please don't take that to mean I'm a whelp, still wet behind the ears. I may not have combat experience with these creatures but I do have extensive combat training and I won't be useless if stealth doesn't work for us," He affirmed the newcomer.

((Sorry for the short post))

{{I am not even entirely sure what's going on here. MP, could you give me a synopsis please?

And we shall assume she is a NPC for now. We can have her leave when they finish ridding of the harpies}}

WooJoo glanced from one to the other. Both hunters seemed bashful, relieving the young fighter. As long as they could work together for now, perhaps this would succeed. With an approving swipe of his gaze, he glanced toward the youngest of the three, his breath hot against his face as the mask fitted tightly over his lips.

Jeremiah stood with his face hidden away, his features all but shielded from the senior's attention gaze. Only his muffled voice broke through the silent air. The youngest certainly seemed far from a baby bird, yet there was an innocence tainting his tone. WooJoo chuckled ever-so-softly in response. He didn't mind training another, but in the back of his mind, there was an inkling of worry. Harpies were hardly what a greenie should begin with.

"From what I've heard, the nest is made up of at least five(?) harpies. These are the toughest of creatures. Do any of you have fire based weapons? I have a minor plan..."

Damien frowned at himself for his half idiotic call. He really should have thought of a better way on how to tell her about the meeting. He felt a bit awkward and hoped that Odette wouldn’t take any of it personally. Nether the less the mayor stood up from his seat and headed towards the table where he had placed his clothes earlier. He gathered all his things and decided it would be a good time to call it a day. He will still be available on the phone if someone needed him but only for a short time. With summer the moon rose a bit earlier than in winter.

The mayor left his office locking the door behind him. He greeted his assistant and then made his way outside to his car. He should most likely head directly to his family’s home but Damien felt that he should stay at his own place in his own steel bunker tonight. Still making his decisions Damien placed all his things on the back seat before he got behind the wheel still wondering what he should do.

((Vang, you, Jeremiah, and possibly Namina are headed up the mountain around Brookwood to kill Jeanette's parents. There's only the two of them and their pet golden eagle Apollo, but overestimate them if you want; I'm expecting a curb-stomp battle in your favor.))

Jeanette sighed in relief as she walked off the Perthwee girl's property. The combination of her father's deranged jabbering and the nerve-wracking exposure to the auras of fire magic had left a migraine forming over her left eyebrow. She tugged the paper he'd given her out of her pocket and unfolded it to study the design. Apparently she only had to draw this with the paste he'd given her outside any entrance to her home and it would set up a protective barrier against any human with some kind of magical ward. It wouldn't be detectable until they actually tried to get in, at which point they'd need a seriously formidable spellcaster to get through it.

She smiled and patted the jar in her pocket as she started back for her home.

Odette glanced up at the sky as she walked out of the school. The sun was getting low. It would not be long until nightfall. While werewolves didn't worry her much, they could be a nuisance when feeding. The poor beasts had little tact when in animal form.

It wouldn't do to try her luck amongst the student body just yet, corpses showing up just as the new teacher started wouldn't be a good idea. She'd have to find someone in town. Climbing into her car Odette started the engine and drove out of the car park.

((Bump.

Hmm... To skip the Slayer hit or not?))

[[i am waiting on MP... I am tempted to skip?]]

((*hand flick* Ah, y'all are no fun.))

Jeanette finished scribbling the insignia on the underside of one of her walkway stones with a satisfied smile. See any Slayers try to get onto her property now. She set the stone back in its place and went around back to Solomon's outside nest.

"I'm gonna go deliver the news to pop" she told him, "be back soon."

Solomon preened his wing.

-

She headed up to her parents' cave in her plain-clothes body; Didn't want to risk her possibly being tailed by Slayers on the way up. Wouldn't that be ironic?

What she though was a rock turned out to be Apollo with a black arrow stuck through his chest. She frowned sorrowfully at him, pulled the arrow out and tucked him under a bush for safekeeping until she told her parents.

"Mama, pop," she called, "somebody got Apollo. You want some help burying him?"

Her answer was silence and a faint smell of burned meat.

"Mama?" she called again, worryingly now, "Pop? You okay?"

She sped up semi-consciously. The smell was getting stronger.

"Mama?" she rounded the corner into the cave.

And screamed.

Cronus was slumped on his stomach against the cave wall, pinned by an arrow through his wing. One of his arms was outstretched towards his mate. Aglaia's stomach had been split open.

Both of them were burned black.

Jeanette's scream melted into sobbing. She fell to her knees and tore at her face.

((I don't know what to do sorry, I think we should skip... I was waiting for Vang to post))

[[Love, I posted on the 11th... WooJoo asked Jeremiah a question...]]