Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

((Jeanette's still texting back-and-forth with Oz, she probably hasn't gotten it yet.))

((Going to try and kick the school side back into action.))

Odette watched as her students rose from their desks and left the room. According to her register, she didn't have another class until the afternoon. Brookwood was a small town after all, there weren't that many children and most of the regular teachers taught double subjects. Knowing that the next teacher and their class would be wanting the room Odette gathered her things and left in search of the staff room.

As Odette traipsed down the corridor she passed a couple of younger students who were playfully hitting each other as they walked. One of them was carrying a bottle of water and was just trying to take a drink when his friend nudged his elbow. This caused the drinker to miss his mouth and pour water over the floor. They both stopped and giggled, but instantly shut up and looked regretful when they spotted Odette.

"It's okay" she said smiling. "It's only a little. Get on to your next class and I'll clean it up."

The boys gave her a cheerful thank you and darted on. Odette looked around and spotted the janitor's closet further down the corridor. She put her items down by the spill to stop anyone from walking into it and then headed towards the closet for a mop.

When she opened the door, the first thing she saw was not some cleaning supplies as she had expected, but a young boy with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Jacquelina and her group stood at almost a rushed pace. Sitting for so long became tedious and boring. They moseyed down the hall, murmuring more about later events that should transpire. School was so boring these days. They were told to read on certain subjects, and then the teachers would teach the exact same thing. There seemed to be some students who never read or paid attention... Humans were confusing. They could be so lazy, yet so productive at the same time.

The group broke up with the upper classman heading toward history next, and the younger children heading off toward math. One more hour before break... and then another before they were let out of school. Such a tediously slow morning.

Damien waited silently behind a tree peering from behind it every now and then. He took note that the current situation was taking too long when Kathy’s voice broke through the silent air.

“He’s not here, is he?” Damien asked as he stepped out from behind the tree.

"No" said Kathy with a grimace. "The only other place he could be is at his restaurant. I really didn't think he would take an animal there."

She glanced at her watch. It had been nearly ten minutes since she got the call. If a Slayer had picked up on the story of a talking animal they'd be trying to move just as fast and she and Damien were. Slayers had realised that many Supes were working together these days, so it might be a case of who found Zeditha first.

"Come on" she said heading back towards the car. "We may be running out of time."

((Can Damien take them straight to the resturant?))

It didn't look like Oz would be answering her any time soon, Jeanette thought with a frown. He could've at least given her a definitive yes or no before moving on to whatever he'd moved on to. There was no doubt her pop was going to find out about this and give her no end of grief about it until it was resolved. She rubbed her forehead at the thought of the certain oncoming stalking.

Oh, she had a new voicemail.

Huh. Damien wanted to see her twice in one day? That was odd. Apparently she still had forty-five minutes to kill before she had to head off, so she got up to scrub the morning breath taste off her tongue and grab some early elevences, and maybe watch some trash tv...

“That’s just a bugger up.” Damien spoke. “Come on the car is this way.”

Soon both jogged back to the Land Rover. Damien quickly unlocked the door allowing both of them to enter the vehicle. They mayor pushed the key in ignition and before they knew it the car came to life and drove towards their next destination.

The ride was silent and short as the pair made their way to the restaurant. It wasn’t that far from the man’s house but every second they spent on not reaching the little fae the more dangerous it could end.

“There it is.” Damien spoke as he stopped on the corner of the restaurant building. “Same plan as before?”

"More or less" said Kathy.

She glanced at her watch. It was nearly lunch time. At least she could enter the restaurant like a regular patron. Not that she normally ate here, but she could always say she had seen a patient nearby and had decided to stop in for a drink.

"I'll go in and get Greg's attention. I'll try and keep him busy for as long as possible."

She was a shadow. A force that was only whispered in the cover of daylight. She was...A bartender. At least, usually. Namina swiped half-heartedly at the bar's smooth wooden surface with a damp rag, her green eyes locked on her own reflection. It was just about lunch hour. People would start showing up soon. As the bell on the door jingled, her gaze snapped to the entrance. Ah, the brunette from the hospital. They'd spoken before, but Kathy seldom entered the restaurant. Well, it was more of a bear than really a restuarant. Whatever. Welcome! Take a seat and I'll be with ya in a second. The customary flash of a smile, and Namina turned and flopped the rag she had used to clean the table over by the sink. A small frown turned at the corner of her lips. Something was up. Years of training had led to near-perfect mood perception. Everything had been rather...slow. No recent "animal attacks", nothing. It was just a calm before the storm, she was sure. She just needed to find out what the storm was.

(( Alright, here goes nothing. ))

Being a sheriff often meant being the one who protects the others with his life or deals with legal matters until the court was contacted. Going back in time, however, it meant being the law of the town, deciding who got to live and die and having rule over most, if not all matters within your reach. However, what would the difference be if this sheriff was also a demonic entity, having lived over 250 years as an evil being and still attempting to try and exist along with humans afterward?

This was a question that had crossed Adramelech's mind quite often, begging for a logical answer, but still lacking one. Would you still work to protect the weak and serve the law, choosing to follow your given duties, or would you make use of your power and turn a blind eye for your own benefit, instead going with fulfillment of one's desires no matter what the cost was?

"-ister Cromwell!" A loud voice suddenly shook Leon out of his thoughts, causing him to turn his head upward. He had been lost in deep thought yet again, which had occured multiple times since he had became a 'sheriff'. His eyes focused on the person in front of him, managing to recognize the old sheriff's assistant. She was a young lady, barely in her early twenties, but she knew how to work well, and she did it for a low amount of wage, all of which tied in with the demon's wishes. Plus, she was also quite beautiful, but Adramelech had already chosen not to get romantically involved easily, and also not with a human. Humans were boring, and he had seen too many of them before. If he was going to waste his time on something like that, he'd at least choose something... different, something unnatural. However, that was for another time, and right now, Leon had to work. Smiling softly, the man shook his head, then shifted in the comfortable chair.

"Sorry, Cecilia, I was thinking about an old case of mine." He spoke out, then watched as she angrily grumbled before throwing a sealed file in front of him. Leon nodded softly, signifying he'd check it out later, and the lady sighed before leaving the office and heading off to her part of the building. When he was sure she was far enough for him to be secure, Leon smirked, then picked up the folder and opened it. He pulled out the documents, then started reading through them. There were two in total, and from what he had gathered, it was about an assault on a teacher from the school in town. A Mr. Richards, who had been attacked in the night by a strange animal. He was found later in the night, with his leg missing... it was a miracle that he was still alive. He would probably be out for a few months until the doctors would let him leave. However, that wouldn't mean it would remain an unsolved case, as Leon rose from his seat. He went around his desk, then walked through the door and down the corridor.

"Going already, sir?" The familiar female voice asked, and Leon quietly nodded, taking his coat from the hangers on the left of the door and putting it on. He then exited the sheriff's office and walked to the parking, approaching his dark red car. He unlocked it with a quick turn of his key, then climbed in and shut the door. Inserting the key into the ignition, he rotated it, turning the engine on with a satisfying sound. Driving out of the parking lot, he started off toward the school in order to get information about the teacher.

Edited by KuroKishi

Zeditha yapped impatiently. they should be here by now... The thought of Slayers entered her mind, but she focused on annoyance that the others were late. She really didn't want to think about what would happen if they caught her.

Leaving Damien at the car Kathy made her way into Greg Backhouse's resturant. It wasn't a bad place really, the waitresses kept everything clean, but Kathy always felt that anything Greg touched always had an unpleasant sticky quality to it.

Waving hello at a few other patrons who nodded, smiled or waved back Kathy took a seat at the bar and grabbed a menu. As she made a show of reading it she heard yapping coming from the back. If they managed to get Zeditha out without a fuss, if indeed the 'talking fox' was the little fae, they'd have to have a talk about lying low.

Folding the menu back up Kathy looked around. The waitress on shift was busy at the other end of the waitress, so she just had to wait until Greg appeared and keep him there.

Zeditha almost gave up with the impatience. Her claws grew a little birdlike, and her illusion of foxiness wavered as she struggled over whether or not to escape by herself. Just then, she heard a small noise; maybe it was Kathy? She decided to stay and wait.

Damien nodded and got out of his car. It would be a bit harder this time to blend seeing the restaurant attracted more feet but hopefully his “disguise” would be good enough. He walked casually around the building to the back. His nose was filled with hundreds of different scents but there was a faint one that didn’t belong there. I must be getting closer he though as he moved down the alley behind the restaurant hiding himself in the dark corners .

((Seeing as Zed hasn't replied I'm just going to RP Greg so we can move on.))

When Greg Backhouse stepped through the doorway behind the bar he saw Dr Grey sitting just to his left. She looked kind of bored, obviously waiting for service, but his waitress Shirley was flirting with some other customers. He didn't like the doctor much, he got the impression she thought he was a pig, but a customer was a customer.

"Hiya Doc" he rumbled approaching her. "Can I get you anything?"

Kathy smiled at him weakly, more out of politeness than anything else. Now that Greg was here, she had to keep him here.

"I was just visiting a patient and decided to drop in for a bite. What do you suggest? I don't think I've been in here for a while."

((I will be performing a clean out tomorrow. Anyone who has not posted in character for the last two weeks will be removed.))

((*checks last reply* Eek!))

Well, that was enough bad television for one afternoon. Seeing how stupid some humans could be sometimes made her feel smarter. Now wasn't one of those times, but it was good for a laugh.

She threw on a double-breasted light green jacket, slipped into her shoes, grabbed her purse and left for Damien's office.

((Aren't most of the Slayers in school?))

Edited by Fangirl05

((I would but I'm lost at what the slayers are supposed to be doing!))

((Why don't you try and get in touch with Namina?))

((Fangirl I'm the only slayer in school, my last post was leaving to go and meet up, I'll probably do another but I'm not sure... and I don't know who Namina is... I'll post tonight just filler for the moment so you know I'm still into this rp! After the clean is there a chance you can think of the slayers to do fort?))

She was a shadow. A force that was only whispered in the cover of daylight. She was...A bartender. At least, usually. Namina swiped half-heartedly at the bar's smooth wooden surface with a damp rag, her green eyes locked on her own reflection. It was just about lunch hour. People would start showing up soon. As the bell on the door jingled, her gaze snapped to the entrance. Ah, the brunette from the hospital. They'd spoken before, but Kathy seldom entered the restaurant. Well, it was more of a bear than really a restuarant. Whatever. Welcome! Take a seat and I'll be with ya in a second. The customary flash of a smile, and Namina turned and flopped the rag she had used to clean the table over by the sink. A small frown turned at the corner of her lips. Something was up. Years of training had led to near-perfect mood perception. Everything had been rather...slow. No recent "animal attacks", nothing. It was just a calm before the storm, she was sure. She just needed to find out what the storm was.

((Shadow Claw's post.

Anyway, after the clean up I make a NPC post as the Slayer Master or something, try and get you guys organised a little.

Whose parents' were you all going to kill again?))

((Okay then, then tomorrow after clean up I will make a post about sending all he slayers after them.))