Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

Ah so after what, playing this game for eight years, and only having a forums account for four years... I just discovered that I might as well tool around more chatty topics than just news or a silly game... And, I found this. Off topic, I know, but I wanted to say thank you for such a topic. Online can have so many, hm... What's a "Kind" word I could use? *Ponders* Internet jerks? Even then that isn't to "Kind" but at least it's not a curse word. It's nice to see somewhere that can help out considering how much the internet takes over people's lives now.

On topic... For the last few months, i've been suicidal. Or should I say, I have been for years but never tried. I'm afraid of pain, I tried starving/dehydrating myself saying if I stayed in bed long enough I would die. Of course, mom wasn't having that and called the cops to take me to the suicidal ward and now by law i'm forced to talk to a doctor but- I understand it's for my own health. I'm bi-polar, have depression, anger management, AND a memory disability besides black out rages. This means my mood swings high and low, and when I get dark- I... Get dark. When i'm happy though, I try telling myself... When it rains, look for rainbows. When it's dark, look for stars. Of course I look like a hypocrite when I tell my friends not to suicide but, well... Actually I don't have an excuse.

All day today I helped mom out seeing tomorrows thanksgiving, helped her bake three pies then washed dishes for an hour and a half before collapsing on my couch as my back started to hurt standing up that long. (Slight scoliosis problem that makes it so my hips are slightly lopsides, just gives me nerve pains sometimes and my back "Sings" when I stretch it out.) I looked at my phone which had skype open to find a close friend of mine who lives in Texas messaged me, she had a bad fight with her dad who like the rest of her family don't seem so supportive over her own depression. They don't believe medication can help her, and get angry at her for really random reasons when all teenagers act up. She's only about half a year younger than me, and on December 10th turns nineteen. I talk to her almost every day for over a year now and she's admitted she's told me things she'd never tell anyone in her physical real life. This bothers me, because until today all i've ever been is an online friend to her. She needs someone physically there for her, just as I have my mother who I confide in more than my own doctors. I'm concerned for her because we're in similar situations except for the fact she doesn't seem to be getting any support where I would suspect a family is required to do so. (Perhaps it's just my upbringing in thinking all families care when- that's not true and there's horrible people out there. I'm not calling her family horrible, but they certainly... Misunderstand her. Perhaps they're scared of the reality their daughter has emotional problems, but yelling at her for being moody is far from going to help.)

Today I, I finally cracked. All the time I tell her to breath, relax, I try to tell her my own experiences in relate in any friendly and helpful advice- but just repeating that would be old news to her. I finally told her she was eighteen, and old enough to make her own decisions. It wouldn't count as "Running away" when she's considered a state wise adult now, and can care for herself.

-I offered for her to live with me, but she's over in Texas and I live in Washington. This would mean completely leaving her family, and everything she's ever known.

I talked to my mom about it as well, knowing how serious this has gotten and... For once i'm not sorry for myself in some selfish way, wanting to die and locking myself in my room threatening to not eat... No, i'm concerned for my friend who I love to death. I feel like I trust her more than some people i've known for over a decade, and this is very much a huge decision. She hasn't even replied to me back and said she might go silent even past tomorrow so i'm just hoping she'll be alright as she takes her breather. I have no idea what she'll say, but in my perspective things are only getting worse even though she's trying to better the situation.

There, finally my long vent/rant/whatever you want to call it "Story" is done... Now I have one question for you guys.

Do you think I did the right thing? What would you have done if it has been months of the same grind, and you finally hit today's situation?

Honestly, I need advice... I could be going about this to fast, or maybe i've been to slow. It can be a scary idea to bring in someone you've only known online into your life, or even trusting them with your psychical life, but I love her like a sister. We only had our first friendship fight about a month ago, and even then we handled it carefully and didn't even go near as violent or unkind word filled as one could go. We're both (Well, with her turning 19 on the 10th) 19 year old girls. Yes, we're young adults, and yes... We still have our teenage moody problems. We could easily be overlooking a factor perhaps only someone who's older with better experience could see, and I want to make sure we're doing the right thing as this could be a life shaking and changing situation, especially for her.

P.S. I'm really sorry if I rambled to much and broke the rules of the topic, I could gladly edit out any unnecessary rambling of mine. xd.png I tend to do that a lot...

i'm living in the past too much atm...and it's driving me insane, I keep having nightmare flashbacks and everything, which is also making it really hard to keep "in control" of my Dissociative Identity/ Multiple Personality Disorder. I can't sleep much, and It makes me feel sick when I think back to it.

i don't really wish to talk about it too much.. it's not a nice past.. :/

but ugh...

-hugs everyone here-

Warming the following may be graphic or disturbing to some people. Please read at your own discretion...

My cat is on his final hours here on earth. The sweetest gentlest cat who was always interested in food. He is a millennial just like me and we were both born in the same year. The past few months he has declined very quickly and is no longer interested in food. The past week he has developed incontinence and loss of appetite. Not to mention he has lost alot.png of weight. We are talking about a cat who was almost diabetic who's collar now barely fits him. He is the smartest cat in the sense he knows exactly whats going on around him. He always has and even now on his dying hours he knows. This morning my father caught him looking out the window very wisely as if he knew today was his last day. Please keep him in your heart and memory. He is an orange tabby named Persian. He is 18 possibly 19 years old. Thank you

So it's pretty hard to talk about this, but, to be honest, you guys are my only friends.... Here we go

So some of you may know me by the guy who loves cheese and looks happy, but the real me is different. I am starting to think I am depressive. I always was lonely, but these days I am even more. In my life, I maybe had 1 or 2 real friends, and one of my only friend got kicked out of my school and I am alone again. I tried to get soem new friends but it looks like people don't care about a loser like me.

And if loneliness wasn't enought, I have horrible grades and my family isn't the best with me, especially my step-mother who thinks she rule the house... I often argue with her and my dad just doesn't care.

The only thing I found that could make me escape from my life is dragcave. I used to play a few years ago but I stopped, but I came back in september. It really looks like guys are m only friend, even if I am often believing I am really not that important here, and if I left, nobody would never notice.

I am not gonna commit suicide or anything, but I am just wondering if anybody in this world care about me...

So it's pretty hard to talk about this, but, to be honest, you guys are my only friends.... Here we go

So some of you may know me by the guy who loves cheese and looks happy, but the real me is different. I am starting to think I am depressive. I always was lonely, but these days I am even more. In my life, I maybe had 1 or 2 real friends, and one of my only friend got kicked out of my school and I am alone again. I tried to get soem new friends but it looks like people don't care about a loser like me.

And if loneliness wasn't enought, I have horrible grades and my family isn't the best with me, especially my step-mother who thinks she rule the house... I often argue with her and my dad just doesn't care.

The only thing I found that could make me escape from my life is dragcave. I used to play a few years ago but I stopped, but I came back in september. It really looks like guys are m only friend, even if I am often believing I am really not that important here, and if I left, nobody would never notice.

I am not gonna commit suicide or anything, but I am just wondering if anybody in this world care about me...

I care about you. If you ever want someone to talk to please leave me a message. I may not be able to fully relate to what your going through but I can definitely chat with you. I would most surely notice if you left now that I have seen you. I always find it sad when players leave for any reason but especially because they think someone does not care about them. -hugs-

wub.gif Firstly, that is sweet of you. sad.gif Secondly, I am sorry that you have to undergo these feelings. People tend to encounter loneliness and even depression. Take your time to heal. As for friends, choose a group, a small group, of friends that will respect each others differences. The group does not necessarily share similarities. Never think yourself as a loser. Each one of us is important and has a goal and purpose in life. We just have to figure out what this is, as they are different to each individual.

I am sorry for your family. I can never say about step-mothers; they are relatively uncommon here for me, but judging from the children's fairy tales such as Snow White and Cinderella, they can tend to be nasty. laugh.gif Alright, I guess the fairy tale part is a stereotype and doubles as a joke. What I am meaning to say is that I cannot say about step-mothers, but I do hope that things will get better in the household. I cannot offer any advice for this, but I got your back. Feel free to PM me.

For grades, well, no one can pretend that school isn't difficult. The truth: school can be difficult most of the times and grades does not dictate who you are. Sure, John (random name) has poor grades in chemistry, that does not mean to say he is lazy. There is a bigger picture such as that chemistry is an extremely difficult subject. tongue.gif I am a quarter chemist and I assure you that people are failing, but at the end, we still accomplish it through difficulty. YOU WILL TOO! I believe in you! Explain to your parents that you are having difficulties but you are trying your best; they will understand.

And lastly. wub.gif We care about you, man! There are several people here whose Inbox are open for chat on any topic you wish.

This is kind of tangled up in a mess, so I thought this was more suited for this thread than the advice thread...

Basically, my mom just came in at 6 AM and took 200 dollars in tip money I had saved. I'm unemployed but the unemployment is her fault. I had a job that I liked, but she basically didn't feel like making the drive anymore and made me quit. Fine. Now she's acting like the unemployment is my fault... But that's a different story. Point is, her reasoning was "because you've been out of a job for less than a month", and instead of respectfully asking, she comes in whole I'm sleeping and just asks where it is and takes it. It feels... wrong. Thoughts?

Maybe out of context that would be okay. In context, she's always been emotionally abusive (or at best, not a nice person) can't decide whether to constantly be having control over me or ignoring me, obviously views me as subhuman, and she even has control of my bank account. I chose this myself, before her abuse got worse, and now I feel pretty stupid.

So I don't know. Maybe it's justified anyway. This is bothering me and I can't sleep, so I had to get it off my chest.

For another thing, I've pretty much decided that instead of staying here, I'm going to put 500 miles between me and my mom a soon as I have my license. The problem is... I have no idea what I'm doing. Like this is not a "lol I dunno how to adult" thing. I am 100% clueless. I won the lottery and got the crap American school system that doesn't teach you anything and a crap mom who didn't teach me anything either. I sneak a peek at all this insurance and bill stuff my mom gets in the mail and it looks no better than trying to read Portuguese. If I can't even understand that, I have no idea how I'm going to move to another state.

This wouldn't be a problem if my boyfriend also wasn't clueless... We have an extremely stable relationship, so I don't have to worry about getting abandoned in an unfamiliar state, but we're both kinda idiots and it would be better for us both if the age of majority was like 25.

Anyway, the original plan was for him to move here and just work while we saved up money, but I've realized that having no rent is not preferential to exposing him to my mom (she's very nasty to him behind his back), so that's become a last resort. My only choice is to move away and possibly starve or live with lady satan. So I don't really know what to do.

I'd "start saving now", but, uh... Kinda just lost my only savings.

Anyway. Thanks in advance for any advice or hugs I get from this tired, jumbled mess. I'm going back to bed.

Nobody might care but my cat Persian of almost 18 years with us passed on at 10:07 last night. R.I.P. you amazing sweet and wise cat. <3

This may be sound like nothing but in the school play and I only got 5 lines. (the play is based off of my favorite book, I know the story by heart).

Nobody might care but my cat Persian of almost 18 years with us passed on at 10:07 last night. R.I.P. you amazing sweet and wise cat. <3

(hugs) I'm so very sorry.

I just had a really rough day, but it didn't start that way.

My school day was fairly standard, and I left home feeling accomplished after a presentation project wanting to enjoy my weekend.

Unfortunately, my mother was quite stressed herself, and when I expressed a small worry that I may not receive a Christmas present this year she vented all her frustrations about the financial issues our household is dealing with. The argument migrated to the idea of my going off to school soon, and though I had my online course teacher send my parents an e-mail about the subject and since rectified the problem, she was still convinced that my low mark for it on my interim report was a sign I shouldn't be going off to school next year.

I'm not really concerned about Christmas or even about going off to school next year, moreso about how this makes me feel. I try very hard to please my parents, and I'd been told earlier today by my guidance teacher he felt I was ready to go on to post-secondary next September. Being told otherwise because my mother can only look at a number rather than the reasoning behind it when I've only ever done my best otherwise just hurts me inside.

I think I need a hug, is there anything I can do?

I just had a really rough day, but it didn't start that way.

My school day was fairly standard, and I left home feeling accomplished after a presentation project wanting to enjoy my weekend.

Unfortunately, my mother was quite stressed herself, and when I expressed a small worry that I may not receive a Christmas present this year she vented all her frustrations about the financial issues our household is dealing with. The argument migrated to the idea of my going off to school soon, and though I had my online course teacher send my parents an e-mail about the subject and since rectified the problem, she was still convinced that my low mark for it on my interim report was a sign I shouldn't be going off to school next year.

I'm not really concerned about Christmas or even about going off to school next year, moreso about how this makes me feel. I try very hard to please my parents, and I'd been told earlier today by my guidance teacher he felt I was ready to go on to post-secondary next September. Being told otherwise because my mother can only look at a number rather than the reasoning behind it when I've only ever done my best otherwise just hurts me inside.

I think I need a hug, is there anything I can do?

Oh that must be a lot to take in (hugs) and i'm sure that you are a wonderful person, and i hope your parents can start to look past the numbers and see that you are doing the best you can.

Been feeling depressed again over the past several days. After the latest family ordeal, then my mum admitting that she's slipping a bit, my grandmother has health issues rearing their ugly heads again, I failed epically yet again to pull off another canter during horseriding last week... and now today it unexpectedly rained and I've lost over half the dermestid beetles I managed to attract.

It's a stupid thing to get so down over, but it's basically like the last straw. Little disappointments add up.

Ever since the weather began to warm up (like two and a half months ago), I was thrilled to finally be able to get back to my bone-cleaning hobby. I'd spent an entire winter without any skulls to clean, no skeletons to articulate... and that's a huge interest of mine. I've been very bored, to say the least.

But my dermestid beetles took forever to arrive at my 'boneyard' (the section of garden where I let the majority of preparations happen), and even longer to begin procreating. The larvae are the key component to this hobby, and they finally began showing up last week.

Today I woke up late. It was raining. Not super heavy, but it'd been persisting a while apparently. So I rushed out there and yep... most of my insects are dead. Flooded. The ground's too dry to soak up that much water fast enough.

So now I have to wait even longer to finally get some specimens to articulate. Heck, the longer they stay out the greater the risk the skeleton won't be perfect. I'm actually feeling pretty done with all this. I don't have the money to buy any domesticated beetle colonies to clean stuff in a sheltered area. I don't have the money to secure myself more osteological specimens to sate my wants. I've spent so many months practically doing nothing productive... Seems it's gonna stay that way for a while yet.

Perhaps I should just give this up and force myself to do some drawing... I've even lost motivation for that lately.

maybe my visit to the adelaide museum's maceration centre later this week will help pick me up a bit.

sad.gif I'm sorry for that, rampaging wyvern. Sorry for your beetle pets.

One thing that we will NEVER do however life can be bleak; we will NEVER give up! smile.gif You might feel bad about yourself, but aren't you life's greatest miracle? You are special; you are unique; you create value; so never think poorly of yourself.

*huggles*

So I'm having a real rough couple of days. On Thursday I had a bad back come from out of nowhere, when I got home I was having horrible back spasms. Friday morning the pain was so bad that I called in sick to work. I stayed in bed for the whole day and it was no better that night.

I decided to go into work on Saturday morning to see if I could handle it. By 11 am I was starting to feel pain again so my boss told me to go to the hospital. The doctor told me that my back muscles were so stiff that it was causing me pain. I had to get an injection of muscle relaxers in my hip/butt. I got taken off work by the doctor for 3 days and a prescription for more muscle relaxers. I brought the note in to my boss and spent the rest of the day in bed with a heating pad.

Today my boss called me saying our Christmas party was at 7 tonight. I told her that I wasn't sure if I was going because my back was so bad. I said that I'd go if I was feeling okay and she let it go after trying for minutes to get me to change my mind. Turns out I didn't go to the party, I really wasn't feeling up to it. My boss ended up texting me 20 minutes before the party asking if I was going. I had my phone on mute and didn't hear the alert. I only noticed a message/phone call from her 3 hours after the party was over.

I text her apologizing for missing out on the party. She read my message but didn't respond to me. I feel absolutely terrible for missing the party but I really didn't want to make my back worse than it is now. I'm really upset that she read the message and didn't respond, I didn't do anything wrong.

I just need a hug.

Edited by Storm_Dragoon

I should be happy. My friend from the posts about that sleepover thing got a boyfriend. Her self esteem is around mine (aka pretty nonexistant) and I'm happy she has someone in her life, who even accepts that she personally doesn't identify as a human.

However...she's done a 180. The pros to this are she's happy she's been accepted for who she is and not what she looks like. This kiddo better make her happy or I'll boop him angrily. However, she's turning into the couple we dealt with at the sleepover. Shes already telling me how much she misses him and how she could cry if they don't see eachother again.

Note my self esteem is like not there, and I'm the only one single in our broken up squad. All she is doing so far is talking about her boyfriend. She's becoming blind to the fact that it does actually hurt to deal with that, even if I'm happy for her. Knowing I still haven't found someone, any outing will be double or triple dates and I've become the wheel. And it hurts deep down because in my mind this means I'm just not lovable in those standards. Again, I'm not saying I hate my friend or anything that sounds like I would but, I guess it makes me sad as well, I really don't know.

sad.gif I'm sorry for that, rampaging wyvern. Sorry for your beetle pets.

One thing that we will NEVER do however life can be bleak; we will NEVER give up! smile.gif You might feel bad about yourself, but aren't you life's greatest miracle? You are special; you are unique; you create value; so never think poorly of yourself.

*huggles*

Thank you <3 I get surprisingly emotionally attached to the insects there - without them I wouldn't really be able to do the stuff I love so much.

What motivated me again yesterday after all that was the discovery of many tiny tiny lil' larvae that survived. So my dad helped me set up a tarpaulin shelter which I can toss over the cages at night/when the weather looks doubtful, and I shouldn't see any more large scale losses.

Now I can focus my energy into a more pressing concern. Tomorrow, I am visiting the museum's maceration centre. I'm turning twenty next year and have only ever had one part-time job that lasted all of one year. This centre may provide me a job opportunity - and I'm really nervous. I have no confidence in my skills (really, to the point where tossing something into an unfamiliar bin is something I'd rather avoid lest I mess up... somehow) and these guys work with big stuff. Like, they recently got a hold of a blue whale head. I'm still such an amateur who can't clean every bird skull right :'3

But I'm also excited. Can't wait to see their storeroom again and actually appreciate it. I just hope things won't turn out on a disappointing note.

I really need a hug right now.

My sister text me asking if I wanted to use my PayPal account to buy my niece some Christmas presents and she would send me the money. I told mom that I wasn't going to do it because last time I bought stuff for her I got slammed with customs. I didn't get the chance to text her so I got mom to do it for me.

My sister didn't like that so she started calling me a miserable censorkip.gif and said that nobody would ever love me. I was told that I essentially 'ruined' Christmas and that she wasn't going to come up to the house as long as I was home.

I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out. I didn't think that she would go this far to say that I 'ruined' Christmas just because I said no to using my paypal. I was making such good progress with my life the past few months. Now I'm back to all those months ago when I felt worthless and had planned to do something to myself that I wouldn't be able to reverse.

I'm already having a rough week with my bad back and now this mess.

I really need a hug right now.

My sister text me asking if I wanted to use my PayPal account to buy my niece some Christmas presents and she would send me the money. I told mom that I wasn't going to do it because last time I bought stuff for her I got slammed with customs. I didn't get the chance to text her so I got mom to do it for me.

My sister didn't like that so she started calling me a miserable censorkip.gif and said that nobody would ever love me. I was told that I essentially 'ruined' Christmas and that she wasn't going to come up to the house as long as I was home.

I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out. I didn't think that she would go this far to say that I 'ruined' Christmas just because I said no to using my paypal. I was making such good progress with my life the past few months. Now I'm back to all those months ago when I felt worthless and had planned to do something to myself that I wouldn't be able to reverse.

I'm already having a rough week with my bad back and now this mess.

*hugs* And your sister is WRONG, WE LOVE YOU!!!!

Oh deary, everyone else in this thread seems to be having worse problems than I... But none the matter. So lately, I've been realizing that I am completely expendable.

If I were to disappear, I would believe that no one would notice, minus my close relatives. I have no real talents, it's almost a talent how talent less I am. Maybe my low self-esteem has some play in this story, but whatever.

Of course, the people at my school love to call people out, for whatever reason, but they make good points. Why should I be sad when I have a roof over my head, or food in my stomach?

These emotions are completely useless and should be ignored, as to not bring attention. Just smile and say you're fine. But, it's hard to do such a thing especially when you are about as useless as I am.

I've been trying to get over this low, low self-esteem, but every time I look into the mirror, I just see.... Someone that's not me...

Is this a serious problem? I just feel like it's a little dip in my life.

@Storm_Dragoon [as it is written]: prpldrgn is right. I second the motion! Your sister is wrong. An ideal thing to do is to explain to your sister about the issue; tell her why you dislike the idea of her using your PayPal account. However, this is not mandatory and would be considered generosity already. She should respect your decision to not use your PayPal. And what irks me more is that she said that you ruined Xmas. ohmy.gif How is that ruining Xmas? She, or you, can opt to purchase gifts from one local store or some other arrangements.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

@audri0: Nah, your problem is just as important as everyone else's. Do not belittle yourself. It is a common feeling here to feel bad about oneself and to see one as talent-less. I myself had underwent that same feelings so I understand. smile.gif It will be alright. Take your time to find that. I don't know if some outside factors are pressuring you to be a responsible and contributing citizen. Do not give in to those pressures. Find your talents, or your skills, hobbies, or interests at your own pace. Everything will then fall into place. smile.gif Focus and take pride in your individuality! Take care! Strive to be happy!

Some additional tips if you want: Try out new things! Learn to play a musical instrument or two. Try collecting postage stamps ( :-/ Are postage stamps still a thing nowadays?); I find them fun; I try to go to my local Post Office and send letters to friends and DeviantArt Holiday Project and collect postage stamps along the way- and enough of my side story about myself, and more on you. Maybe try swimming. Take a sports or two. Occupy your time, and you will discover your purpose in life sooner than you can expect it.

I saw this and I was like OMGOSH this is just what I need! ohmy.gif I am having a really hard time lately with things at home. I have noticed that I just feel incredibly lonely. Sometimes I want to curl up in a ball and sleep like for months. biggrin.gif I try to stay strong but I cry a lot. My grades have gone down a lot and I am having trouble with my parents. ninja.gif People have told me many times that I am worthless, that I am dumb and that no one will ever love me. One of my friends is not allowed to talk to me anymore. I just need someone to talk to. Thanks, Kathy0

Edited by kathy0

kathy0: smile.gif I have PM you. Furthermore, you can opt for tutoring for subject/s you have difficulty in. You can ask the people here in the forums (i.e. There is a thread for homework help); or Yahoo! Answers (it may take some time to get replies though).

Never let anyone make you think you are dumb and useless. You are special in ypur own way. For matter of seeking out your talent, which is a different story, please refer to my above post addressed to audri0. Having hobbies and knowing your talents make you feel and see that you are special and important.

I don't know, but I can tell something is off with my friend. She's a lot quieter than usual, she always looks kind of... sad. I've asked if she's okay, and she doesn't really respond in a clear way. I mean yeah it's a 'yeah im fine' but I just... something is wrong with her voice and I'm very worried for her. I feel as though there is something she isn't telling me, and it could very well be me over-analyzing things, but I just... I don't know. I don't know what to do.

I don't know, but I can tell something is off with my friend. She's a lot quieter than usual, she always looks kind of... sad. I've asked if she's okay, and she doesn't really respond in a clear way. I mean yeah it's a 'yeah im fine' but I just... something is wrong with her voice and I'm very worried for her. I feel as though there is something she isn't telling me, and it could very well be me over-analyzing things, but I just... I don't know. I don't know what to do.

I hope your friend is alright. It is impossible to provide advice regarding this matter. Each person is individual and has different needs. She might need some alone time. It is difficult to know through real life, and impossible through text, what is going on in their mind.

Simply be there when she needs it, but don't offer anything until she asks for it.