Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

Totally understand, when my dog named Luck Dragon died I was devastated, I miss him to this very day, then when my bird that I raised from an egg died a horrible death it was an accident I don't blame the persons involved It was a bad bad bad situation for me indeed.

I had a similar experience when our family cat was put down three years ago (November 2011 to be exact). We got her back in 2000 when I was 12 years old - I practically grew up with her and I actually considered her more as a friend than a pet. She was always around people - headbutting them; sitting on their laps, chests or the newspaper; sleeping cuddled up next to them. During her final years she even crawled under my blanket to sleep on my arm (I sometimes pushed her back out as it was a bit uncomfortable, but now I wish I'd let her sleep like that each time she did that). We have a new cat now - his personality is a bit different (for ex, he isn't as lovey-dovey and doesn't like sitting on laps or being petted - unless it's a tummy rub), but I love him. He's a dorky goofball.

...I have to admit I took our cat's death worse than I did my older sister's. My sister was eight years older than me and she was killed by her own boyfriend (not his fault - a new type of medication made him snap) when she was 27. I was told about her death one November evening in 2007 (I think it was a Thursday) and after one pang of shock ("What did she just say?") I turned around, not wanting my mom to see I didn't react to the news at all. Even at my sister's funeral, I felt absolutely nothing. I knew she was in the coffin stone-dead, but the thought of it didn't even faze me. There are two possible explanations for that: my Asperger's syndrome tones down my feelings, or I just didn't know my sister well enough (we had different mothers and she grew up with her own mom - I don't even have very many childhood memories of her due to our age difference).

Totally understand, when my dog named Luck Dragon died I was devastated, I miss him to this very day, then when my bird that I raised from an egg died a horrible death it was an accident I don't blame the persons involved It was a bad bad bad situation for me indeed.

Aw, I'm sorry sad.gif

We had to put down our Collie, she was the sweetest dog ever but the bad owners before her used her as a puppy factory and her organs started going really bad from it. It went down hill the night she wasn't able to stand up.

Have you ever been so upset that you can't even talk about how upset you are?

Eeeeh, that doesn't really work that way for me, just personally.

I don't get upset, I just get angry.

And naturally, the angrier I get, the more I do want to talk about it.

...and talk about it...

...and talk about it...

On a serious note, I'm the kinda schmuck that doesn't take his negativity to other people.

Instead I put on some Slayer, or go vent with some videgames like Borderlands or Skyrim.

It's like therapy. But then, I'm also the kinda schmuck that doesn't like getting pushed around. So when someone pushes, well I push back. That usually lands me with less regrets but more trouble with society. Still, regrets stay with you, but pissing off random people you'll probably never see again is over faster then you can say 'bob's your uncle'.

Unless it's your relatives... I'm not on very good terms with them. They do like to push.

Glad I moved out...

Edited by Brotato

Have you ever been so upset that you can't even talk about how upset you are?

Yes. Normally I just trying writing poetry. Even it's not directly about the issue, it helps to express my emotions, and let pressure out.

That's the worst part about it, I can't even do anything like that, I hurt so bad it actually hurts to type, can't do my art, can't go for a drive, even trying to take my dog for a walk is next to impossible I pretty much am not able to do much rite now. So I try to keep it all bottled up and not say anything about how upset I am getting about things.

That's the worst part about it, I can't even do anything like that, I hurt so bad it actually hurts to type, can't do my art, can't go for a drive, even trying to take my dog for a walk is next to impossible I pretty much am not able to do much rite now. So I try to keep it all bottled up and not say anything about how upset I am getting about things.

Ok, that is a bad road to go down. Horrible as it sounds, you need to start forcing yourself to do stuff. It doesn't have to be running a marathon, but you need to start breaking yourself out of there.

Try reading a book, make yourself read ten pages a day. Maybe it'll hurt, but you have to start somewhere. Taking the dog for a walk is something that has to be done, so if you don't feel like you can, you need to find someone else who will.

Baby steps may hurt, but you need to start moving, and start letting your emotions out a bit more. Diary? Anything, even if you just list words that describe how you're feeling at the moment. Then make yourself do something productive, however much it hurts. Just think about how great it'll be when you stop feeling like this smile.gif

sad.gif Apologies. I am not feeling so great now. I'm feeling sad after seeing my grades. Even though I know I exerted all my efforts, I am still getting C (average) like in Accounting. Well, I already asked for lessons from a tutor but it seems it only gets me so far. It is just a little boost. And the worse thing is, people thinks I am not giving my best. It's hard enough that my college degree is a very difficult one, and people expects me to reach a high standard like my sister's.

Now that is off my mind, I feel better now. smile.gif Thank you for letting me release my bad feelings by sharing it here. It is said that happiness doubles and sadness divides into halves if you share them. I see that it was truly said.

Edited by georgexu94

Today I learned there are two ways to hate being single. There's the "I hate being single" that's just kind of the background radiation of my life. Then there's the "Your crush is now in a relationship" level.

Also, I love and appreciate my friends, but they are all the type of people who feel the need to make people feel better right away whenever they're sad, and they just gush all kinds of positivity and crap. Like, that's pretty much never what I want. Sometimes I need a bit to wallow in the fact that things kinda suck. And all I want is someone to say "Yeah, dude, that sucks."

Today I learned there are two ways to hate being single. There's the "I hate being single" that's just kind of the background radiation of my life. Then there's the "Your crush is now in a relationship" level.

Also, I love and appreciate my friends, but they are all the type of people who feel the need to make people feel better right away whenever they're sad, and they just gush all kinds of positivity and crap. Like, that's pretty much never what I want. Sometimes I need a bit to wallow in the fact that things kinda suck. And all I want is someone to say "Yeah, dude, that sucks."

I know the feeling.

The guy I was with for a year and a half broke my heart in July. I was devastated and even with everything that happened I still loved him. We still keep in touch from now and then but when I saw that he had a GF I felt like I couldn't breathe.

Even though he's not with this girl anymore, I can still relate to the feeling because even after we broke up, I still had very strong feelings for him and it was devastating to see him with someone else. When my friends tried to cheer me up it would always be "There's other fish in the sea." Or "You can do so much better anyways." I didn't need to hear that because I heard it all before. It really does suck.

GhostChilli said:
Aw, I'm sorry sad.gif

We had to put down our Collie, she was the sweetest dog ever but the bad owners before her used her as a puppy factory and her organs started going really bad from it. It went down hill the night she wasn't able to stand up.

I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. (Okay, maybe I don't, it's just the best way I know to express my compassion, even though you've probably heard that so many times by now.) My dog is having a terrible time getting up as well. She gets that after a hard-action play day, but it's been going on for weeks, and I'm super worried. I can only imagine what that must feel like. So sorry.

Edited by broadway_fiend

I don't usually post on forums, I don't usually talk to strangers for advice or support. I'm sorry this is so long, but it has to be.

I was living in Key West before now, and I can tell you it's hard to make a living there. Cheapest apartments are $1200 a month, it's no place for a 19 year old to start his life. My parents have never been helpful. They've never pushed me to be on my own, which explains why they pay my 30 year old brother's insurance and phone bill. They never taught me how to drive, I took a bus to and from work to home. I made decent money, $9.50 an hour, but I knew I could never start my life. I was in a bad relationship at the time. I've never had a strong backbone with important things. I'm always scared, I never know what to do. But suddenly I came up with the decision to move to Virginia, where I used to live, with my family.

I broke up with my ex, packed my things, and made plans to move in with my niece. She said she was going to help me learn how to drive, get a job, go to college, and teach me about adult things. You know, car insurance, mortgage, credit, etc. I thought it would be healthy for me, considering how my parents never took the role as mentor in my life.

A month before I was scheduled to move, I fell helplessly in love with someone who has felt strongly for me for 2 years. Love might sound childish to some, but he's very important to me now. It was hard to leave him, but I thought I could maintain our connection till we could get our own place.

I've been living with my niece for 4 months now. I forgot to mention she is physically handicapped and works from home. At first, it was nice. Her fiance taught me the basics to driving, they were nice, my boyfriend Michael visited...but then things changed. Vince, my niece's fiance, got caught up in college work, and shortly he got a job too. I barely see him. Now I don't have any tutor to drive.

I am lucky enough that my parents had an extra car they gave me for free. A 1996 white Camry. They drove it up here not too long ago and it was put under Vince's insurance and he has been driving it to college. It gets better gas than his Ford Explorer.

Anyways, my niece never told me to pay rent, and she pays for the groceries I eat. I'm very grateful, so I clean the house a lot and cook dinner. Everyday. It's the least I can do, but sometimes I get frustrated that I never get a thank you. In fact, I get censorkip.gif*ed at for doing extra things because I do them "wrong". As a child, I was...invisible. Maybe that's why I take it so harshly when everything I do goes unnoticed and unappreciated, because it's all I experienced growing up. Whether it was good grades, bad grades, awards, anything...nobody cared about me growing up.

Well, my niece told me to look up bus schedules, because I think she was sick of me not having job. I am too, but I don't know what to do because I don't have a license. The bus schedules were ridiculous. It requires a lot of bus hopping and takes 1.5 hours to get to a shopping center that is only 20 mins away by car. I was used to a very straight forward route back in Key West.

I decided to hold out for a bit longer because I expected to get my license much sooner.

Well, that didn't happen.

To say the least, I've been struggling with undiagnosed depression. Honestly, nothing makes me happy anymore..I try to play games or clean or play with the dogs and I find nothing but an empty hole inside that swallows every joyful thing I try and do. People give me advice all the time, but nothing helps me. I'm not being dramatic when I say there is literally nothing that makes me happy besides my relationship. I honestly try. I try so hard and all I feel is this horrible pain in my chest and lately I haven't even been able to focus on things people say. I need them to repeat themselves because I am so disoriented by this swallowing feeling.

The only thing I look forward to is the fact I was gonna see Michael, my boyfriend, this December..

But then my fiance tells me I am taking the driving test this Friday.

And that I need to pay my own insurance if I pass.

If you didn't know, insurance is really expensive for someone my age. She said she's taking me off of Vince's and by Friday I need to have found an insurance company that is affordable.

Everything feels so heavy on my shoulders.

Then, as I'm already crying about things with my boyfriend, Vince comes in and basically hints that I can't see Michael this December (because I had mentioned it to my niece today) and tells me if I can't pass the test on Friday, I will need to buy a $500 driving test since he will be too busy to teach me. And that I should expect to pay $1000 up front for insurance. And that it's "time for you to get a job".

I'm so unhappy here, everybody.

I'm so unhappy all the time and I don't know how to handle it. I am so scared all the time now, I am so lonely and scared and unhappy. I don't want to stand up and face everything. I am so frightened by so many things being pushed upon me.

And now, the one thing that shines in my life, I cannot even go and see.

I try and look forward to my future with Michael, but all I see is bleakness.

I don't say any of this lightly, I'm sorry. I would not have come here if I didn't feel utterly lost and felt like I couldn't survive the night.

That's why I'm here.

Please call a helpline or visit an online forum trained to handle such situations. <3

For those who say to confide in friends..I don't...really have many friends. I have only 2, besides Michael, who I think I could share this with, but they are too busy atm to notice.

I'm so scared of everything right now. I can't explain this, and I don't know if anybody will understand, but I feel so hopeless.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Don't ever feel like you are alone! I can give you my email and we can talk or we can talk here thru pm. I am a friend and I'm never too busy for friends.

Don't give up hope, and Vince is being a jerk considering your circumstances. If you can, find a guidance counselor.

Don't commit suicide! Think of how Michael will feel! I will miss you and I'm sure other people will! You have a lovely talent you cannot throw away! You are special and unique, don't let anyone tell you different!

Times are hard but they will get better, though it might not seem like it.

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

@aa-kaiju-Please visit this link, there are phone numbers you can call and people you can talk to.

I'm totally in the same situation.

I met a really, really nice guy at church. He's very well-spoken, super nice, kind of a musician (doesn't really play anymore, but he took piano lessons for eight years), and just wonderful. His girlfriend is a recent development, so when I was kind of poking around and asking if anyone knew whether he was in a relationship, everyone told me they thought he was single, so I really, really got my hopes up. I asked for his number, and we texted a bit and talked at church. And then one day I texted him to see if he wanted to get a cup of coffee, and the response was he couldn't because he had plans with his girlfriend.

And to make it worse, I see him literally every Sunday because we're both youth group advisers. And the weekend after I found out he had a girlfriend, we were together for literally twelve hours, because the high school kids were having a lock-in and we were both there as chaperones. The more time I spend with him, the more I really, really like him. Meanwhile, everyone else is really curious about his girlfriend and they keep asking about her, and I just sit there, hating everything and being very grateful that he dodges the questions and squirms his way out of spilling any details. Because I just don't want to know. I'm sure she's nice and much prettier than me, but if I don't know anything about her I can at least pretend she isn't.

This last Sunday, we were playing ping pong in the youth lounge, and one of the kids started a conversation about how everyone in the room except this guy was single. And when I finally commented that that line of conversation was incredibly depressing, he stopped and remarked, "Trust me. This is way more depressing for me than it is for you." And I know he was probably trying to make me feel better, because I'm pretty sure he's absolutely oblivious to the fact that I have any feelings for him, but all I could think was that if he isn't happy, he can end the relationship. They change their situation by breaking it off and going on their merry ways. I really can't do much about mine. I can't make guys like or notice me.

I've been single for years without a single date. Valentine's Day is the worst. Being on vacation with my sister and her boyfriend was absolutely miserable, because they just wouldn't stop with the hand holding, lovey-dovey nonsense, and it just shoves it in my face how lonely I am. I mean, no matter where we are, my sister doesn't bother to make time for me when her boyfriend's around. The only time she'll even consider spending time with me is when he's unavailable, and even then she talks about him all the time or starts texting him. Last year, I was hanging with her and one of our friends, and they hijacked the trip to the mall and turned it into a trip to look for Valentine's Day presents for their boyfriends, and I was just standing there like "I hate you. I hate you both so, so, so much." And they wouldn't take the hint no matter how much I kept trying to shove them out of the store and change the subject.

Why is it that my sister and my friends have no trouble finding guys, and I'm just sitting here, apparently completely invisible and/or just entirely unappealing to anyone of the opposite gender?

And when I say "I'm just going to be a crazy, spinster cat lady" my friends are just like "Awww, no. That's not gonna happen to you". Okay. Yeah. Easy for you to say. They've all met someone. I'm in my fifth year of college, and I haven't had a single date since high school. And the ones in high school don't even really count, because it was a stupid, long distance relationship that was more of a close friendship than an actual relationship, and it ended because he and I just drifted apart and stopped talking to each other.

/End rant

I really feel the need to rant, or at least just....get it off my chest a bit, because i'm tired of it.

A few of you may remember I posted in here and some other threads with complaints of an upset stomach and muscle pains.

Well now, 5 damn months later, I still have it, and no matter what I do, it doesn't seem to want to go away. This demon inside my body is called magnesium deficiency - and it's ruining my life.

The symptoms started in late June, around the 28th, and boy, they hit me like a train. I couldn't walk without needing help, was constantly nauseous and vomiting, every single one of my muscles ached and twitched and I was severely sensitive to light and noise. Joy for me, because 10 days later was my birthday - July 8th - and I spent it hanging over a bucket and sobbing all day, because I was so miserable and in so much pain. What a way to spend a 17th birthday, right?

This sickness drives me to tears. I'll say it right now; I can tolerate pain extremely well, because i'm used to it. But this deficiency has tested my limits, and I can no longer take it. I've had suicidal thoughts because of it, and I do have a history of suicidal thoughts/actions. I just really, really want it to end, so I can get my life back to normal. I want a job so I can pay rent, I want to go for pleasant walks down the street, I want to hang out with friends and go to con meets, sleepovers and birthday parties. Hell, I just want to be able to walk around my apartment without having to carry a damn bucket around. But I can't, thanks to this sickness.

I take magnesium tablets everyday, changed my diet so that it consisted of mainly magnesium rich-foods (which is basically raw foods like nuts, fruit, vegetables, cereals etc) and drink lots of water. But despite my efforts, magnesium deficiency loves to rear it's ugly damn head at the worst of times. It's made me spiral back into my depression, which in turn is making me under eat and refuse to take care of myself. I spend the days wasting away because I can't do anything about it. I'm stressed, upset and overall, just not myself.

I've found that i'm becoming incredibly snappy and short-tempered, which i'm disappointed with. I hate being angry, it's not something I like allowing to come out, I mean yes, we all have our demons, but mine could cause a lot of things to go horribly wrong. I want to be the regular caring, happy and generally friendly Tazzay most know me for - but I can't anymore.

What's worse is an 'ex-friend', as she calls it, of mine is starting to make me - and a few other people - very irritated. I should've seen the signs earlier - very snappy, bad attitude and selfish. We had a small spat a few weeks ago thanks to her snappy attitude, and now she's turning the whole situation into a ****storm. Trying to turn my friends, acquaintances and admirers against me by poisoning the well and spreading lies about me. Now I did do something I regret to her, which is thanks to what I said before - i've become incredibly short-tempered. But I did the right thing, and went back and apologised, because i'm a decent human being and know that being honest is best, and not only that, it's easy to make me feel guilty, even if I didn't do something i'm accused of.

Though despite my apology and asking for forgiveness, what does she do?

She spits at me, refuses my apology, swears, calls me names, and continues to spread lies about me - overall just being immature about it. And now a good friend of mine, someone she actually looks up to and admires, is about to lose it because of her treatment towards me.

I've said sorry, i've asked for forgiveness, and asked if we could just put this behind us for the sake of getting on with our lives, but she just drags it on. She's a toxic person, and I want to just cut her off, but she refuses to let go.

As much as I hate to admit it though and as cruel as it sounds - I hope she gets blasted by my friend. Because it seems the only way she's going to learn and own up to her mistakes is to get called out.

But thanks to that added issue on top of my sickness, i'm really done. I want it to just end, either one way or another. I'm going to my doctor tomorrow morning to see what he thinks about my sickness, but i'm afraid he'll just say there's nothing he can do. I'm so stressed, so upset and in so much pain.

I'd just like something good to happen to me for once. One of my goals being achieved, or just....I don't know. Something that I can smile about. Because I want to smile again. Please.

I apologise if any of you are annoyed by my presence or anything I do. If i'm being a burden, just tell me. I'll stop and go away.

Re: AngesRadieux

laugh.gif *giggles* *cough* Sorry. I know I shouldn't laugh at this. Well, firstly, I know how it is. Actually, to be frank, I'm going to say, I don't feel exactly the same way since I'm male but the summary is there. Secondly, tongue.gif what is with that common joke about being "a spinster cat lady"? Why do people generally think old single women become cat ladies, talking only to their pet cat? (I know someone who is a dog lady instead. *shrugs*

Thirdly, I am going to say that Valentines became bearable for me because I got some friends who supported me, and in fact continues to support me. They are only online friends by the way but they made an impact. We gathered around a single forum thread and made a group where bitter singles share ice cream (Obviously internet ice cream. You know, putting images of delicious-looking ice cream.). They named it #TeamForeverAlone. biggrin.gif Oh, the wonderful memories. Oddly enough, I was the only male. They were all female. Now, don't tell me one could be a potential girlfriend. I only see them as siblings.

Anyway, my point of sharing that story is to tell you that perhaps you can go to a similar group where people are supportive and make fun of their being single rather than those who makes you envious (albeit unconsciously) that they have found their "the one".

xd.png Oh, I would so love to see you in that group. It would be exciting to see someone new there. sad.gif Sadly, the group was dissolved and some members had gone inactive in the forums. Including me for the moment. (We still continued as a small group last Valentines though in my virtual tea shop. Yes, I own a tea shop in that forums.)

And lastly, I ache to give you a Rosebud dragon but they are out of season as obvious.

So this morning I was rudely awoken and handed over a responsibility I was NOT ready for, in all flippin' senses of the phrase.

My dad accidentally orphaned a litter of seven one day-old mice.

We've had a bit of a mouse problem for the past couple of years - nothing terribly major. They're not doing much damage to the house, and we release them in the nearby botanic gardens when we catch them in a live trap. But my dad... he has Asperger's syndrome and he gets aggravatingly obsessed over things. The two longest-running obsessions are making enemies with the next door neighbours and this mouse problem. So when he stumbled across a wild mouse in a cabinet this morning, of course he had to chase the poor thing up and down until it fled. A while later, he saw it return and had to provoke it again, this time forcing not only it to jump from the top drawer and flee, but also its mate. Moving things around in the next room, dad disturbs one from hiding and it runs under his heel. Regardless of how hard he tried to stop his step, dad crushed its skull and killed it. Less than ten minutes later, he goes back to the cabinet only to crush the second in the drawers.

It was only then he discovered that litter.

As it is, I'm a wuss when it comes to taking the reasonable route out. When I was told of this litter I didn't want to even entertain the thoughts of abandoning, drowning or otherwise disposing of them. So I spend an hour hurriedly researching guides to hand-rearing mice and quickly set them up in a box. Apparently the failure rate for rearing a mouse younger than a week is very high, especially for an inexperienced person. I kept this in mind, but after an entire day of attempting to get the goddamned things to eat and preparing for a sleepness night to continue attempting, it's already stressing me the censorkip.gif out. I might have the vet euthanise them if they will. In every sense of the phrase, I was not ready for this. I don't have the experience, had to hurriedly cobble together the supplies and I'm still getting over the loss of Taji and Zuri and now I'm about to witness the complete death of a family of nine mice, which were just in the wrong places at the wrong goddamned times.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

I found an article with easy, simple tips that might help you..

Baby Mice

You've got your hands full for sure. What are you feeding them? It says not to feed them cows milk. It can bloat and kill them. You have to get another formula. Sorry, RW. Good Luck.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I've been using a human infant soy formula as it's the closest alternative to mouse milk. I've looked at so many guides but the majority of them are for mice five days or older, and rarely answer the questions I need answered. How can I tell if they're actually swallowing what I get in their mouths? Should it take well over twenty minutes to get any sort of white patch to appear on their left? Last time I raised mice, they had an actual mouse mother. I'd attempt to get these ones fostered, but the last mouse I had died over four years ago.

As an update, nothing's improved. They're all starving but refusing to accept everything I can try. One or two appear to have caught on but again, I can't tell if they're taking anything even after ten minutes.

I've been using a human infant soy formula as it's the closest alternative to mouse milk. I've looked at so many guides but the majority of them are for mice five days or older, and rarely answer the questions I need answered. How can I tell if they're actually swallowing what I get in their mouths? Should it take well over twenty minutes to get any sort of white patch to appear on their left? Last time I raised mice, they had an actual mouse mother. I'd attempt to get these ones fostered, but the last mouse I had died over four years ago.

As an update, nothing's improved. They're all starving but refusing to accept everything I can try. One or two appear to have caught on but again, I can't tell if they're taking anything even after ten minutes.

Your situation sounds terrible, your dad shouldn't have thrust this upon you when you are inexperienced and you were not expecting it at all. If it comes down to it, and you have no other choice, I suggest euthanising them. If the poor things are suffering and starving and nothing is working, they need to be put out of their misery sad.gif . Keep trying to get them to eat-hopefully they will take interest eventually and they'll be saved. I'm afraid I don't know anything about how to care for baby mice, so I can't help with the milk problem

Re: AngesRadieux

laugh.gif *giggles* *cough* Sorry. I know I shouldn't laugh at this. Well, firstly, I know how it is. Actually, to be frank, I'm going to say, I don't feel exactly the same way since I'm male but the summary is there. Secondly, tongue.gif what is with that common joke about being "a spinster cat lady"? Why do people generally think old single women become cat ladies, talking only to their pet cat? (I know someone who is a dog lady instead. *shrugs*

Thirdly, I am going to say that Valentines became bearable for me because I got some friends who supported me, and in fact continues to support me. They are only online friends by the way but they made an impact. We gathered around a single forum thread and made a group where bitter singles share ice cream (Obviously internet ice cream. You know, putting images of delicious-looking ice cream.). They named it #TeamForeverAlone. biggrin.gif Oh, the wonderful memories. Oddly enough, I was the only male. They were all female. Now, don't tell me one could be a potential girlfriend. I only see them as siblings.

Anyway, my point of sharing that story is to tell you that perhaps you can go to a similar group where people are supportive and make fun of their being single rather than those who makes you envious (albeit unconsciously) that they have found their "the one".

xd.png Oh, I would so love to see you in that group. It would be exciting to see someone new there. sad.gif Sadly, the group was dissolved and some members had gone inactive in the forums. Including me for the moment. (We still continued as a small group last Valentines though in my virtual tea shop. Yes, I own a tea shop in that forums.)

And lastly, I ache to give you a Rosebud dragon but they are out of season as obvious.

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but personally, I already have the cats, so becoming a crazy cat lady isn't that far of a leap for me. When I'm especially frustrated, sometimes I'll squeeze my cat and tell him he's the only boy I need in my life. So yup. Crazy cat lady in training. -.-

It's just frustrating. I know I'm not the prettiest, but I'm intelligent and a pretty darn good singer. Doesn't that count for anything? And at this point, I'm kind of reaching the point where it feels like a waste to even try anymore.

Coincidentally, after I posted this I ended up talking to the guy who sits behind me in one of my French classes. Turns out, we have some stuff in common. We both enjoy French language and culture, he likes opera, too. In fact, he's a musician, and he favors poetry and music from the Romantic era, which happens to be among my favorite periods in literature. And it occurred to me that next time I see him I could maybe ask him if he'd want to grab a cup of coffee and hang out for a bit. Because, hey, it would be better than just continuing going to youth group meetings and hating life whenever someone brings up the other adviser's girlfriend. But then the train of thought immediately went to "Why bother. I'll bet anything he's either taken, gay, or both". And then it progressed to figuring that even if he /is/ single, he wouldn't be remotely interested. Because why would he? No one else is.

Maybe an online group is a good idea. I don't know. Right now, it just seems like I'm literally the only single person my age in a sea of happy couples. And in real life, I'm just not good at making friends. I have workaholic tendencies and cynicism to spare. So I kind of tend not to really socialize much outside of people I've known for a while. I don't really talk to anyone in my classes much except for saying hello or asking whether we're getting an assignment back or whatever. Basically, any and all conversation is relevant to the coursework and not at all personal, with the exception of the conversation I had today with the guy who sits behind me. But that was definitely a fluke--we were supposed to be working on something in a pair, but ended up finishing way before our professor was ready to resume class, so we kind of had nothing to do but talk.

But most places, I'm there for a reason, and I get there ready to work and get stuff done. Or, if there is downtime, I'm just really tired and can't really get into the whole socializing thing that much. So, yeah. I'm just not good at meeting people. At all.

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but personally, I already have the cats, so becoming a crazy cat lady isn't that far of a leap for me. When I'm especially frustrated, sometimes I'll squeeze my cat and tell him he's the only boy I need in my life. So yup. Crazy cat lady in training. -.-

It's just frustrating. I know I'm not the prettiest, but I'm intelligent and a pretty darn good singer. Doesn't that count for anything? And at this point, I'm kind of reaching the point where it feels like a waste to even try anymore.

Coincidentally, after I posted this I ended up talking to the guy who sits behind me in one of my French classes. Turns out, we have some stuff in common. We both enjoy French language and culture, he likes opera, too. In fact, he's a musician, and he favors poetry and music from the Romantic era, which happens to be among my favorite periods in literature. And it occurred to me that next time I see him I could maybe ask him if he'd want to grab a cup of coffee and hang out for a bit. Because, hey, it would be better than just continuing going to youth group meetings and hating life whenever someone brings up the other adviser's girlfriend. But then the train of thought immediately went to "Why bother. I'll bet anything he's either taken, gay, or both". And then it progressed to figuring that even if he /is/ single, he wouldn't be remotely interested. Because why would he? No one else is.

Maybe an online group is a good idea. I don't know. Right now, it just seems like I'm literally the only single person my age in a sea of happy couples. And in real life, I'm just not good at making friends. I have workaholic tendencies and cynicism to spare. So I kind of tend not to really socialize much outside of people I've known for a while. I don't really talk to anyone in my classes much except for saying hello or asking whether we're getting an assignment back or whatever. Basically, any and all conversation is relevant to the coursework and not at all personal, with the exception of the conversation I had today with the guy who sits behind me. But that was definitely a fluke--we were supposed to be working on something in a pair, but ended up finishing way before our professor was ready to resume class, so we kind of had nothing to do but talk.

But most places, I'm there for a reason, and I get there ready to work and get stuff done. Or, if there is downtime, I'm just really tired and can't really get into the whole socializing thing that much. So, yeah. I'm just not good at meeting people. At all.

You know what? Try with the guy that sits behind you anyway. At least you can say you tried, because if you don't then you'll -definitely- lose out. And who knows, you might be pleasantly surprised.

tongue.gif Yipee! This is where love starts...

On a different note, take your time, there's nothing wrong with being a work-aholic except when your health suffers. Just enjoy your work. I myself wish I could be a work-aholic even if the salary is low (that way I can earn more while having fun.)

Also, there isn't wrong with being single. Whatever path you take is all upto you. People just tends to judge others but hey, why do you have to let them bother you? Also, each path has its own different problems. Choose what path you are happy with.

God bless!