Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

9 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

Closing is on the 19th. Not sure what time, but I will need to know as I want to have the rugs upstairs cleaned before we move in the furniture. I want to hire a local company to do the heavy lifting part of the move. The condo is about 3 miles from this house.

oh congrats!

we got the home inspection report on the house we're looking to move into.  there's some electrical stuff and some other things that were found.... hopefully the seller will fix all of the really important ones - like the electrical stuff.  we'll be talking to the pittsburgh realtor later today.

we have a shed that has to be moved off the sewer easement, hopefully someone can do that about the middle of the month.  i've been emailing one guy, but he hasn't replied to my email from tuesday or last night, so hopefully soon.

we lowered the price on our house.  hopefully we get more people to come see the house. *sigh*

My little Siamese cat of 12 years crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  She had cancer and I only found out about it very recently ... it was sudden and unexpected. Large cell lymphoma.  It's been more than a week (has it?) since she crossed.  I have lost track of time.  Now it's just me and my beautiful golden tabby (whom I love dearly).

3 minutes ago, missy_ said:

My little Siamese cat of 12 years crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  She had cancer and I only found out about it very recently ... it was sudden and unexpected. Large cell lymphoma.  It's been more than a week (has it?) since she crossed.  I have lost track of time.  Now it's just me and my beautiful golden tabby (whom I love dearly).

I am so sorry honey. Losing a pet is the absolutely worst thing, not even a pet, but a friend. I still grieve for a lot of my own pets that have left. I'm so sorry, and I wish you well. ❤️❤️ 

5 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I am so sorry honey. Losing a pet is the absolutely worst thing, not even a pet, but a friend. I still grieve for a lot of my own pets that have left. I'm so sorry, and I wish you well. ❤️❤️ 

Thank you so much for the kind words.  ❤️

10 hours ago, missy_ said:

oh I'm so sorry to read this :(

over the years we've had to say goodbye to a few of our furry kitty family members, and I still miss all of them {{hugs}}

On 8/6/2022 at 11:59 PM, missy_ said:

I am so sorry for your loss.

On 8/6/2022 at 10:59 PM, missy_ said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is my greatest fear is to lose mine unexpectedly because she's my best friend. 

On 8/7/2022 at 10:14 AM, trystan said:

oh I'm so sorry to read this :(

over the years we've had to say goodbye to a few of our furry kitty family members, and I still miss all of them {{hugs}}

Thank you, trystan. ❤️ They are very much family. We never quite get over them, do we?

On 8/8/2022 at 12:01 AM, PrincessLucy said:

I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you, Princess Lucy. ❤️ 

On 8/8/2022 at 8:20 AM, MoonlitEevee said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is my greatest fear is to lose mine unexpectedly because she's my best friend. 

Thank you, MoonlitEevee. ❤️  I lost a dear cat suddenly years ago (was only hours; I believe she threw a blood clot), and that was truly a shock I couldn't prepare for. At least with this sweet kitty, I had a few days to prepare with her, but it was still really hard.

Thank you all for your kind and sweet words.  They made me feel better. ❤️

Well, everything seems to be falling into place as far as the move goes.

I hired the company to redo the wood floors at my mother's house. That happens a week and a half after my closing, so there is time to get the small things out of the house, or at least downstairs. I close on the 19th, the movers bring my stuff over to the new place on the 23rd. I am trying to book the duct cleaners for the 22nd and trying to get the plumber to come in on the 19th or the 20th to take a look at the bathroom. I am going to clean the rugs myself, probably after work on the 19th or 20th so they have time to dry before the furniture goes in. I was going to hire someone, but I can clean rugs on my own.

I still have to get the contractor in to rip out the downstairs rug and put in laminate. I was going to go with hardwood, but the blind diabetic dog has accidents, and laminate holds up better.

I had my mammogram yesterday which had good results and next week is my preoperative doctor's visit with my primary before my knee surgery on the 9th of September.

I think that my blind diabetic dog will handle this well. Bedrooms are on the 2nd floor, but we are blocking him from the stairs as a safety measure. He sleeps in the livingroom now, so he has access to his peepee pads. He has never been trustworthy in the bedrooms unless you are watching him like a hawk. After surgery it will be me and my dog on the couch.

I don't think the cat will do well. He is 17 and in kidney failure. The meds to stimulate his hunger causes too much vomiting. He will be in the smallest of the 3 bedrooms, which is unfortunately carpeted. All the bedrooms have carpet, but it will be easier to cover carpets in a 9 x 10 bedroom rather than a 12 x 17, and he can get into the twin bed in the small room as it is lower to the ground than the queen is, as the twin is under 2 feet off the ground. I can also get a portable ac for the small bedroom which has the proper windows for the adapter kit.  He pees in the litter box but is less than 50% accurate for pooping in it.

I would keep him downstairs with me and the dog after surgery, but he attacks the dog.

Picking up paint on the 18th, I think. My son is supposed to clean and patch on the 19th while waiting for the locksmith. Painting and moving some stuff from storage locker happens on the 21st.

I am tired and all this makes my head spin.

Edited by PrincessLucy

7 hours ago, missy_ said:

Thank you, trystan. ❤️ They are very much family. We never quite get over them, do we?

you're quite welcome.  no, we don't.  i still miss them.

22 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

Well, everything seems to be falling into place as far as the move goes.

yaay!

we're still working on getting ours sold.  after two weeks of nothing (well, new pics, a price increase, then decrease... and then a better description of the house) we finally have a showing again this evening.

the house we're moving into had a home inspection, and there were some electrical fixes we've asked the seller to do, and haven't heard back yet.  but that's second on the list right now - getting this current house sold is #1.

as it is, our settlement date on the new house is still Sept 13th.  there's so much stuff that needs to be done, but it's all stuck in limbo until the one we're selling is under contract.

25 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

I am tired and all this makes my head spin.

i totally get this too. {{hugs}}

and good luck with your pets in the new place, as well as your own recovery there too. :)

Sending hugs and love and good vibes to everyone!

My mom's leg is getting worse. I feel like we may be at the point where it's just not going to get better no matter what we do, but that *can't* be because neither of us can live this way indefinitely. She has an appt on Monday with the knee doctor, the one who did the replacement surgery last year, and we know he's going to recommend another surgery (because that's what he said last time she saw him). That scares the crap outta me because while there is a tiny chance that another surgery might make things right, based on our past experience with both her knees it's probably more likely a surgery will just set her back even further. And then there's the chance that it would *really* make it worse, to the point where mom couldn't walk at all... Though we seem to be approaching that point anyway. She can walk but not much more than from her bed to the bathroom and back, and even that becomes impossible if she's done much else on her feet that day. In the past week she's almost fallen multiple times while trying to get back to bed, her knees just lock up and she literally can't take a step. Last night she *did* fall, but it was more a 'sinking to the floor' and not a 'hard damaging fall', and she was able to pull herself back up onto the bed. It really really scares me and I feel so helpless and I really don't know what could possibly help at this point or if anything can...

On 8/13/2022 at 1:22 AM, HeatherMarie said:

Sending hugs and love and good vibes to everyone!

My mom's leg is getting worse. I feel like we may be at the point where it's just not going to get better no matter what we do, but that *can't* be because neither of us can live this way indefinitely. She has an appt on Monday with the knee doctor, the one who did the replacement surgery last year, and we know he's going to recommend another surgery (because that's what he said last time she saw him). That scares the crap outta me because while there is a tiny chance that another surgery might make things right, based on our past experience with both her knees it's probably more likely a surgery will just set her back even further. And then there's the chance that it would *really* make it worse, to the point where mom couldn't walk at all... Though we seem to be approaching that point anyway. She can walk but not much more than from her bed to the bathroom and back, and even that becomes impossible if she's done much else on her feet that day. In the past week she's almost fallen multiple times while trying to get back to bed, her knees just lock up and she literally can't take a step. Last night she *did* fall, but it was more a 'sinking to the floor' and not a 'hard damaging fall', and she was able to pull herself back up onto the bed. It really really scares me and I feel so helpless and I really don't know what could possibly help at this point or if anything can...

I am sorry that your mother is going through all that. I hope they are able to do something to make her better. It's scary not to be able to walk securely and it is I am sure very stressful for you having to worry about her.

‐‐-----

Well my closing is in 4 days and we still can't get into the condo because of the broken lock on the door. I called the management company to make sure that I am not responsible to pay for that. They said the current owner needs to call in the maintenance order, which is exactly what I told my realtor 3 weeks ago but it still hasn't happened.

Realtor texted me saying that old owners are flying in tomorrow and wanted me to give them property management company phone # so they can call for the lock issue.  They haven't lived there in 16 years and if they didn't have it, they couldn't have repairs done on the condo for all those years.

I am wondering if they plan on cleaning the unit at all. The kid who lived in the big bedroom left a BTS poster and a hand drawn Naruto sketch on the wall. I love BTS, though I am really to old to have that hanging on my wall. 

Friday closing, cleaning and prep work

Sat cleaning and painting 

Sunday moving and painting party 

Monday painting

Tuesday moving furniture

Wednesday electrician

Thursday vent cleaning

Edited by PrincessLucy

5 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

Well my closing is in 4 days

good luck!

we dropped our asking price today again, and we're having an open house saturday.  we really need an offer on this house.

on the one we're wanting to buy, we had a home inspection, and asked the seller to fix a few electrical things, but we haven't heard back about that, so we're having a phone conference with the realtor tomorrow.  there may be things we don't know yet (like, the seller wants us to be under contract for someone to buy our house? or this is how the seller is saying "no"? we just don't know.)

On 8/15/2022 at 8:46 PM, trystan said:

good luck!

we dropped our asking price today again, and we're having an open house saturday.  we really need an offer on this house.

on the one we're wanting to buy, we had a home inspection, and asked the seller to fix a few electrical things, but we haven't heard back about that, so we're having a phone conference with the realtor tomorrow.  there may be things we don't know yet (like, the seller wants us to be under contract for someone to buy our house? or this is how the seller is saying "no"? we just don't know.)

How did your phone conference go?

‐‐---------

I had a highly stressful day. I gave the lawyer the money on Wednesday and we signed the paperwork then we were supposed to do the walkthrough on Thursday and the closing was supposed to be official on Friday. Well I get a call from the lawyer telling me that as soon as we okay the walkthrough then we're closed. My insurance starts the 19th not the 18th so now that threw off my walkthrough because I will not take that house one day early and not have any insurance on it. The insurance company would not change the policy start date to today because that leaves them with open liability it should something happen earlier in the day.

So now my walk though is 9 AM tomorrow, which means I will be late for work and running around in the morning to try to get a carpet shampooer in the morning instead of after work. That means that I will have to either add that to my son's list of chores or do nothing but non-stop carpet cleaning once I get to the condo after work. I can't really stay too late at work so I lose hours but I am so far behind at work. I can't clean the carpets too late as there are kids next door and I don't want to mess up bedtime. Grrr...

If I rent the carpet shampooer Saturday my rugs will be drippy wet Sunday when the family comes to paint.

Locksmith can't get here until Monday. 

Just now, PrincessLucy said:

How did your phone conference go?

actually it went well.... turned out the agent for the seller was on vacation. yeesh. but our realtor said the seller's agent is really nice though, and the seller would probably make the fixes. i think we're going to call the realtor back tomorrow for an update.

7 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

So now my walk though is 9 AM tomorrow,

good luck with your closing!

Welp, everything was all nicey-nice and perfect for about a week or so for the first time in two-ish years, and today it seems my life has gone right back to normal and my mother’s just come right back out full force with her emotional abuse and then pretending she’s the poor, innocent, trodden-upon martyr. Yay. Silly me for getting my hopes up that things could change.

I have never hated, let alone full-on despised another human being in my 18 years of life, but she’s just been getting substantially worse with every passing year and at this rate, it’s driven me to that point. Which is sad considering this is my own mother.

I’m damn tired of having a tension headache all the time because of this garbage.

19 hours ago, trystan said:

good luck with your closing!

Thank you. It went well.

My son spent over 8 hours cleaning and went to lock the door to meet me for supper. He couldn't lock the door, and we now realize we have 1 house key, 2 keys for the bedroom and 1 mailbox key. I have the only house key, so I will get 1 more made to get us through until the locksmith comes to change out the locks Monday. 

8 minutes ago, StarKaabi said:

Welp, everything was all nicey-nice and perfect for about a week or so for the first time in two-ish years, and today it seems my life has gone right back to normal and my mother’s just come right back out full force with her emotional abuse and then pretending she’s the poor, innocent, trodden-upon martyr. Yay. Silly me for getting my hopes up that things could change.

I have never hated, let alone full-on despised another human being in my 18 years of life, but she’s just been getting substantially worse with every passing year and at this rate, it’s driven me to that point. Which is sad considering this is my own mother.

I’m damn tired of having a tension headache all the time because of this garbage.

I am so sorry that you are dealing with such a toxic mother.

48 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

I am so sorry that you are dealing with such a toxic mother.

Thank you, I appreciate it. If the idea of driving didn’t scare the crap out of me, and I had anywhere else to go, I’d definitely have been out of here a long time ago.

3 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

Thank you. It went well.

yaay!

and hubby spoke to our Pittsburgh realtor, and the seller is going to make the fixes we asked.

we have an open house tomorrow.  hubby is taking the most likely to be noodges cats over to my mom's for an hour to visit (i'm working 12 to 4:30), and a friend of our younger daughter's is coming over to be a cat sitter for the others.  as i told one of our realtors tonight when he called to confirm the open house for tomorrow, some will hide in the closets and some will hide in plain sight... on the bed or on a bookshelf. XD 

we did get an offer on the house, but it was kinda low, so we countered.  and now we see what they say.  meantime, maybe someone who sees the house tomorrow will put a much better offer on the house? :) 

oof @StarKaabi, i'm sorry you're dealing with that {{hugs}}

On 8/19/2022 at 9:16 PM, trystan said:

yaay!

and hubby spoke to our Pittsburgh realtor, and the seller is going to make the fixes we asked.

we have an open house tomorrow.  hubby is taking the most likely to be noodges cats over to my mom's for an hour to visit (i'm working 12 to 4:30), and a friend of our younger daughter's is coming over to be a cat sitter for the others.  as i told one of our realtors tonight when he called to confirm the open house for tomorrow, some will hide in the closets and some will hide in plain sight... on the bed or on a bookshelf. XD 

we did get an offer on the house, but it was kinda low, so we countered.  and now we see what they say.  meantime, maybe someone who sees the house tomorrow will put a much better offer on the house? :) 

How did your open house go?

‐---‐------

We hadn't taken down posters in the master bedroom even during the walkthrough.

It was a BTS poster and at 61 years old I am a BTS fan. They were also some sketches that a kid drew of Naruto and some other characters. I decided to rip them down only to find out that there is a wasp nest bulging out of the wall. It is not an active nest but no telling how long it's been there. There is a hole in the wall where you can see part of the nest but we don't know how large it is.

The condo complex didn't input my information yet though I sent it to them Friday morning.. When I spoke to the head of maintenance for all the complexes he called one of his co-workers to put my information in right away so that they could put a work order in for the repair.

I already met Eddie, the guy that is going to do the sheet rocking and stuff. Just waiting for them to schedule in the pest control company. They won't paint, as I  am painting the whole room anyway.

10 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

How did your open house go?

well, the realtor said we had 4 people at the open house.  i asked him how the cats were, he said "what cats?" XD  but he said that all the people came at once, and that the cats weren't out when the people weren't.  as for how it went, we'll see if we get any offers in the next few days.

eek on the wasp nest! :blink:

6 hours ago, trystan said:

eek on the wasp nest! :blink:

Not an active nest, but it needs to go.

3 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

Not an active nest, but it needs to go.

still eek.

i'm not a fan of wasps.  and by 'not a fan of' i mean hate hate hate 'em. XD 

Alright. So... My brother and his girlfriend separated like... 4 months ago. She recently met someone else and it's official. Cool. No. My brother is "broken" and "he feels nothing." I know this is his first heartbreak, and I sympathize, but I have so much more right now to be worried about? 

My aunt is in hospice, like... she has probably hours, maybe days, and my uncle (who I'm not really close to) is also in hospice. My best friend's cat has cancer, and boom... Yeah. It's not fun. I'm exhausted dealing with all of this. All I'd like is just for him to understand that not everything revolves around them. 

Like she messaged me earlier and told me that she wasn't speaking to him and blah blah blah, so any go between is between my best friend and I. How is that freaking fair? I'm so done with this crap. Like... done. 

Edited by AsymDoll13

17 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Like she messaged me earlier and told me that she wasn't speaking to him and blah blah blah, so any go between is between my best friend and I.

If they've broken up, she's with someone new, and she's not speaking to him, why does she need a go between?

*Hugs* to you. I know you care a lot about your brother and it must be really hard to see him hurting but, like you say, you have other worries so try not to get sucked in.