Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

I have to factory reset my entire computer because I can't play some games anymore after I skronked up my settings. hhhhhhhh

I've got terrible problems.

*giggles*

Apparently,  retiring and doing exactly what I want, and being my happy self is attracting men.

Not that I don't like men, but my life is full and happy right now.

I do exactly what I want when I want. 

I have never been the woman who wanted to go out but didn't because I didn't have someone to go with me.

My sister and I went to the bar that my SIL works at to meet my brother, and one of my brother's friends just joined us. All I said, when the discussion was concerts/sporting events ticket prices, was that for $200, I would want who ever I was paying that money to see would need to throw in a massage. Suddenly my brother's friend is giving me a back massage and wants to buy me a drink. Okay, I enjoyed the back massage.

Went to the senior center with my sister and BIL to exercise and I am getting hit on by Angelo, who is nice but not my type. Too religious for one thing (I have no belief system), and just because he has trouble finding a girl to date doesn't mean that I want to be the girl he is looking for. Not at this point of my life.

Yeah, I go with my sister a lot, but she will soon be closer to being an empty-nester and she isn't the eat-lunch-by-yourself-because-you-don't-want-to-people kind of gal. I am.

I've been off of adderall for over a week and i'm losing my freaking mind I'm so tired and I can't get anything done and i'm behind in my classes and i still have to work 30 hours a week and uuuugggghhhhh

In america there's a national shortage of adhd medication and it is absolutely screwing me over right now

It looks like I will be putting my cat down soon. 

He has been in kidney failure for a while, and now he has been peeing everywhere he shouldn't be. 

He hasn't pooped in his box for years, and never covered it ever in the 14 years that I have had him.

Very slow on stairs, jumped off my couch twice today to pee behind my lamp, and on the floor near the couch and outside the bedroom door the other day. He lost more weight recently too. It is hard to get him to eat. He throws up the Elura. 

He is 18 and has only peed outside the box 3 times before this (all 3 times were in the dog bed). He hates dogs.

I am not putting him thru sub-q fluids just to buy him a couple of days. It isn't a long-term fix.

2 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

It looks like I will be putting my cat down soon. 

He has been in kidney failure for a while, and now he has been peeing everywhere he shouldn't be. 

He hasn't pooped in his box for years, and never covered it ever in the 14 years that I have had him.

Very slow on stairs, jumped off my couch twice today to pee behind my lamp, and on the floor near the couch and outside the bedroom door the other day. He lost more weight recently too. It is hard to get him to eat. He throws up the Elura. 

He is 18 and has only peed outside the box 3 times before this (all 3 times were in the dog bed). He hates dogs.

I am not putting him thru sub-q fluids just to buy him a couple of days. It isn't a long-term fix.

I'm so sorry. Watching a beloved pet go through something like is... something I'd never wish on anyone. Give him pets from me, okay? He deserves them. 

{{hugs}} @PrincessLucy, and give him pets from me too. 

our old dude will be 18 at the end of this month (the 31st), had he's still hanging in there. give your guy some pets from Blackie, too.

On 3/25/2023 at 8:22 PM, AsymDoll13 said:

I'm so sorry. Watching a beloved pet go through something like is... something I'd never wish on anyone. Give him pets from me, okay? He deserves them. 

On 3/25/2023 at 11:45 PM, trystan said:

{{hugs}} @PrincessLucy, and give him pets from me too. 

our old dude will be 18 at the end of this month (the 31st), had he's still hanging in there. give your guy some pets from Blackie, too.

Thank you both.

His appointment is at 5:30 tonight. They only put them down at the end of the day (unless decision is made during an appointment).  I was told there may be a wait, as they like to clear out the other patients first.

Right now, he is sitting next to me on the couch, purring a bit. If he gets off the couch I have to bring him back to his room so he doesn't pee in here. He peed outside his box this morning, but the box is inside a dog crate so the pee is on plastic. He also peed in several places on his carpet yesterday and tore a hole in the plastic on his bed and pooped directly on the brand new mattress.

The dog has been acting strangely all weekend. He knows something is up.

3 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

Thank you both.

His appointment is at 5:30 tonight. They only put them down at the end of the day (unless decision is made during an appointment).  I was told there may be a wait, as they like to clear out the other patients first.

Right now, he is sitting next to me on the couch, purring a bit. If he gets off the couch I have to bring him back to his room so he doesn't pee in here. He peed outside his box this morning, but the box is inside a dog crate so the pee is on plastic. He also peed in several places on his carpet yesterday and tore a hole in the plastic on his bed and pooped directly on the brand new mattress.

The dog has been acting strangely all weekend. He knows something is up.

He needs all the kitty love right now. All of it. 

For as long as I can remember, I've had trouble with anxiety and depression. In November of 2022 I fell into a bad depression that lasted until the end of January 2023. I felt useless and hopeless for my life and future. Fast forward, in March I had to start taking my iron supplements again due to the deficiency causing severe health problems with my mental health and overall well-being. My mind would get foggy, and I would experience extreme emotions like anger, and apathy towards everything. I've only recently been recovering, but tonight I slid back into another depression because of how I feel like nobody around me truly listens to me, and they try to control my decisions in life - it's always been this way. I don't have the necessary means to move away on my own, and I've been hiding a lot of these feelings for so long that it has been ingrained into who I am. I'm never fully happy anymore, I've just learned how to have "bearable" days. I've never been overly fortunate in life, other than having a roof over my head, and food to eat, among other necessities of course. I just haven't done much because of my mental health issues, and I worry that I've completely given up wanting or trying to have a better life because the future seems bleak and dull to me at this time. I have no one else aside from the few family members I live with. I haven't even had a solid friendship since high school, which was around 16 years ago.

Summary; I suffer from depression and anxiety almost on a daily basis, but it comes and goes in waves.

Edited by Thorn4

{{hugs Thorn4}}

I'm feeling paranoid for the first time ever.  so we moved to a new place in October, and out our back yarn is a playground and the boro ballfields. one of our cats, Aemon, is very friendly and likes to go outside. hubby is the one that goes out with him, and this was no different on Sunday. 

when he was out, there were some kids where petting Aemon, and hubby was saying he was a friendly cat.

some tough-looking idjit (and his friends for backup) said he'd f-up hubby if he saw him again :blink:

so today,  hubby went to get a few things for the lawn mower,  including gasoline. so now we have a gas can outside.  it really shouldn't be in the house (we don't have a shed or garage), and now it's kinda hiding outside.  where I'm paranoid is if those idjits do come back, and "oh look, a gas can."

yeah,  it's like that 

I am having an endometriosis flare up and very much wanting to yeet my uterus into the sun.

I don't want kids, I don't need this useless organ, I have come very close to being hospitalised for a blood transfusion this month and I just want to scream and cry.

I'm also currently homeless and sleeping on the sofa of my landlord's student house because of an anti-social druggie tenant in my house who scares the living daylights out of me.

Landlord should have evicted him already but is being way too empathic. Kick his arse out already. I want to go home.

Edited by Cireth

On 4/11/2023 at 9:58 PM, Thorn4 said:

For as long as I can remember, I've had trouble with anxiety and depression. In November of 2022 I fell into a bad depression that lasted until the end of January 2023. I felt useless and hopeless for my life and future. Fast forward, in March I had to start taking my iron supplements again due to the deficiency causing severe health problems with my mental health and overall well-being. My mind would get foggy, and I would experience extreme emotions like anger, and apathy towards everything. I've only recently been recovering, but tonight I slid back into another depression because of how I feel like nobody around me truly listens to me, and they try to control my decisions in life - it's always been this way. I don't have the necessary means to move away on my own, and I've been hiding a lot of these feelings for so long that it has been ingrained into who I am. I'm never fully happy anymore, I've just learned how to have "bearable" days. I've never been overly fortunate in life, other than having a roof over my head, and food to eat, among other necessities of course. I just haven't done much because of my mental health issues, and I worry that I've completely given up wanting or trying to have a better life because the future seems bleak and dull to me at this time. I have no one else aside from the few family members I live with. I haven't even had a solid friendship since high school, which was around 16 years ago.

Summary; I suffer from depression and anxiety almost on a daily basis, but it comes and goes in waves.

Oh dear! ;-; . I'm sorry to hear. I know a lot of what you're going through, I too have similarly been in a continual depressive run with feelings of hopelessness for a long time. It continually eats you up and it seems like 'okay' days are the best you can hope for sometimes.  Maybe I'm being presumptuous, but I completely empathize.  Please don't give up!

I'd be happy to lend an ear or just listen, if need be. I try to make time for others as much as possible. 

Otherwise, stay strong! I know what it's like.

9 minutes ago, Vemmy said:

Oh dear! ;-; . I'm sorry to hear. I know a lot of what you're going through, I too have similarly been in a continual depressive run with feelings of hopelessness for a long time. It continually eats you up and it seems like 'okay' days are the best you can hope for sometimes.  Maybe I'm being presumptuous, but I completely empathize.  Please don't give up!

I'd be happy to lend an ear or just listen, if need be. I try to make time for others as much as possible. 

Otherwise, stay strong! I know what it's like.

I appreciate the support. I've just dealt with it for so long, that I feel like I'd just be a burden to most people if I opened up about it for help. A lot of people are like this, holding things in for far too long, thinking it's weak to ask for assistance when they need it most. I just have to take one day at a time and try not to think too far ahead of myself.

Also I just checked out your DA page, you have really nice artwork, I use to draw all the time but have lost my passion for it lately.

12 hours ago, Thorn4 said:

I appreciate the support. I've just dealt with it for so long, that I feel like I'd just be a burden to most people if I opened up about it for help. A lot of people are like this, holding things in for far too long, thinking it's weak to ask for assistance when they need it most. I just have to take one day at a time and try not to think too far ahead of myself.

Also I just checked out your DA page, you have really nice artwork, I use to draw all the time but have lost my passion for it lately.

No worries! And I promise you wouldn't be a burden. I try to keep doors open for anyone that I could help even a little little, as I've been through so much myself, so I try to reach out to those where others may pass by. But either way, I understand u.u . 

And thank you! ;u; . I don't draw much myself anymore either, since I don't have any real social connection to art anymore. 

Trigger warning: medical worries maybe?

I found some kind of lump in my throat last night that came out of nowhere, and it keeps sending me into panic spirals.  Which isn’t even something I’m used to having, so I feel like a wreck.  Gonna see a doctor this morning but I almost don’t even want to know.  Because I’m really hoping it’s just lymph nodes since I’m fighting off an infection rn, but if it’s any of the other options for “strange random throat lump” I don’t know what to do.  My career would be over and I can’t afford it.  My family can’t afford it and I don’t want to burden them with it either because they already help me with so much

I’m already hesitant to go in because a simple checkup and antibiotics prescription earlier cost a hundred-something bucks.  What a dismal medical system the US has, that people who need it decline it based on the price

Just… needed to get that off my chest.  I’m not sure it helped but I guess it’s better than sitting here overthinking 

3 hours ago, St0rmbringer said:

Just… needed to get that off my chest.  I’m not sure it helped but I guess it’s better than sitting here overthinking 

{{Hugs}} Hope things work out well for you today. It is hard not to worry sometimes, but I am glad you are getting it checked out so quickly.

CW: mention of gun violence, death

My sister lost a former high school classmate of hers a few years ago due to domestic gun violence. This was someone who she shared a birthday with, and her classmate would go around school calling her TWIN! BIRTHDAY TWIN! It hit my sister hard when she found out she was killed.

I also lost a former high school classmate several years ago, he was killed in a drive-by. We didn't talk or vibe much, but he was cool. I remembered him being shocked that I dyed my hair blue sophomore year.

I just found out that his birthday is today, and so is mine. I saw through facebook like 10 minutes ago, and I went to his profile to see people saying happy heavenly birthday and lamenting about his passing and stuff like that, and it just hit different. I cried a little. I didn't know him that well at all, but I knew he had spirit and character among his friends and seeing their pain and joy in remembering him struck a chord in me. I feel for his friends and family.

Nothing to be done about this, really. I just needed to get this off of my chest.

On 4/18/2023 at 9:45 AM, purplehaze said:

{{Hugs}} Hope things work out well for you today. It is hard not to worry sometimes, but I am glad you are getting it checked out so quickly.

Thanks for the hugs {{hugs back}}; it helped.  It came back as being what I’d hoped, so at least now I can keep an eye on it to make sure it goes away in a reasonable amount of time.  Relieving enough for me

On 4/11/2023 at 10:26 PM, trystan said:

{{hugs Thorn4}}

I'm feeling paranoid for the first time ever.  so we moved to a new place in October, and out our back yarn is a playground and the boro ballfields. one of our cats, Aemon, is very friendly and likes to go outside. hubby is the one that goes out with him, and this was no different on Sunday. 

when he was out, there were some kids where petting Aemon, and hubby was saying he was a friendly cat.

some tough-looking idjit (and his friends for backup) said he'd f-up hubby if he saw him again :blink:

so today,  hubby went to get a few things for the lawn mower,  including gasoline. so now we have a gas can outside.  it really shouldn't be in the house (we don't have a shed or garage), and now it's kinda hiding outside.  where I'm paranoid is if those idjits do come back, and "oh look, a gas can."

yeah,  it's like that 

Sorry the new home came with such problems.  Hope you are all well.  I do have a couple of suggestions that might help. 

Swap out those gasoline yard machines for electric and then there is no gas can to worry about.  Lawn mowers come in electric with cords or battery packs,  We've gotten the battery pack version and works fine for our small yard, pack lasts long enough to mow and run the weed eater.  Larger yard might need another set of battery packs.

For a little peace of mind, consider looking for a martial arts school that offers self defense classes.  Knowing how to respond to a threat can be a big help on anxiety levels even if you never need to use the skills. 

1 hour ago, Dracaena said:

Sorry the new home came with such problems.  Hope you are all well. 

thanks!

we haven't seen those guys since, hubby thinks they may not be from around this area.

that's a good idea about electric or battery mowers.  we have a snow blower that has batteries, so that makes sense.

a self-defense class is a good idea.

it also turns out that our neighbor was kinda aware of what was happening that day, and he's retired military (navy, i think).  he told us the guys who were trying to stir up trouble thought hubby was a pedophile, wanting to lure kids into the woods using one of our cats as bait, or some bs like that.  all of that is totally false, and our neighbor knows that.

I don't know how they lost all those vials of blood for my surgery at the beginning of this month and told no one about it, but now my blood is boiling because it may postpone my surgery if they can't find it. I wanted to get it done as soon as possible because it's interfering with my ability to even walk to classes and they won't give me a wheelchair for some silly reasons so I can actually make it. The nurse at the hospital is calling people and trying to find it but I'm about to cry waiting for the results. I can't just have this surgery suddenly in the middle of the semester without it tanking my grade, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it at all without the surgery. It may be too late to get the lab work done again. I don't really know what to do. I want to cry. I need a hug.

55 minutes ago, Edenello said:

I don't know how they lost all those vials of blood for my surgery at the beginning of this month and told no one about it, but now my blood is boiling because it may postpone my surgery if they can't find it. I wanted to get it done as soon as possible because it's interfering with my ability to even walk to classes and they won't give me a wheelchair for some silly reasons so I can actually make it. The nurse at the hospital is calling people and trying to find it but I'm about to cry waiting for the results. I can't just have this surgery suddenly in the middle of the semester without it tanking my grade, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it at all without the surgery. It may be too late to get the lab work done again. I don't really know what to do. I want to cry. I need a hug.

Slow down. Take in a deep breath, and just breathe for a second. In through your nose, out through your month. 

This all sounds so horrifically annoying, and I really hope they find it! I'm sending you all the virtual hugs!