Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

4 hours ago, Dalek said:

I'm doing horrible. My family is displaced because of Hurricane Ida, it's been a week and a half already without power at our house, I miss my cats, i want to go back to work. I just feel like crying because Demco is such a horrible company and isn't actually giving us reasons to why they keep shutting the power off sometimes. Its just the same old line- 'our linemen are hard at work.' We get it, we're grateful that they are, but they're so darn picky with who they respond to if they ever do. Stop repeating things. Please. I need to have a hug or something but for the love of God, give out details as to why you keep turning the power off. Sorry if this turned into a rant. I just can't take this anymore

I'm so sorry, that's got to be incredibly frustrating. I hope you see actual progress soon.

I'm sad. My sever year old cat ran away, and I have zero idea how to find him. He's my baby. Like... I bottle fed that cutie. I miss him so much that it hurts... 

I'm so sorry that happened to you! Lost pets are so sad and stressful. Here are a few ideas, since I don't know what you've already tried...

Some cities have organizations that can help identify and locate your pet. You could check if there are any in your area.

If your cat is normally an indoor cat, chances are it may stay and hide close to home. If you try calling the cat, do it calmly and don't make loud noise that could spook it. If you can find it hiding outside, put out some food and water near the front door, and maybe it'll come back inside.

You could try searching your house thoroughly to make sure the cat's really gone. I've found my cat in places as stupid as inside the lining of the couch, inside the mattress springs, and once he got trapped in the basement and was hiding under the staircase from the noisy washing machine. If they're scared or hurt they can get into some crazy places, so check chairs, furniture, and cupboards.

This website I found recommends grabbing your smelly and sweaty clothes, shoes, and some cat food, and walking all around your property to spread your scent around so the cat can follow it home. Then leave the clothes and shoes outside to spread the familiar smell.

You could set up a cat trap or cardboard box with some food and water in case it comes back to eat.

The best time to look for the cat is in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning. Take a flashlight and some food, and the sound of the food opening might lure back the cat.

Post fliers with pictures of your cat around the community, maybe put some in local papers as well. Let the vets and shelters in the area know your cat is missing, in case someone else brings them in. If you have any old addresses, check them out in case the cat is returning to a previous home.

If there is roadkill in your area, dispose of it so it doesn't attract the cat.

Check local ads to see if someone has found your cat.

Work outside or spend time outside - maybe the cat will hear your voice and come to you, or you will spot the cat.

Check the trees in your yard to make sure the cat isn't trapped up a tree. Let the neighbors know your cat is missing and show them pictures.

Don't lose hope! My friend's cat got out and they assumed it was gone for good, but then he walked back into the house three weeks later as if he'd never left, just hungry!

1 hour ago, Aniia said:

I'm so sorry that happened to you! Lost pets are so sad and stressful. Here are a few ideas, since I don't know what you've already tried...

Some cities have organizations that can help identify and locate your pet. You could check if there are any in your area.

If your cat is normally an indoor cat, chances are it may stay and hide close to home. If you try calling the cat, do it calmly and don't make loud noise that could spook it. If you can find it hiding outside, put out some food and water near the front door, and maybe it'll come back inside.

You could try searching your house thoroughly to make sure the cat's really gone. I've found my cat in places as stupid as inside the lining of the couch, inside the mattress springs, and once he got trapped in the basement and was hiding under the staircase from the noisy washing machine. If they're scared or hurt they can get into some crazy places, so check chairs, furniture, and cupboards.

This website I found recommends grabbing your smelly and sweaty clothes, shoes, and some cat food, and walking all around your property to spread your scent around so the cat can follow it home. Then leave the clothes and shoes outside to spread the familiar smell.

You could set up a cat trap or cardboard box with some food and water in case it comes back to eat.

The best time to look for the cat is in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning. Take a flashlight and some food, and the sound of the food opening might lure back the cat.

Post fliers with pictures of your cat around the community, maybe put some in local papers as well. Let the vets and shelters in the area know your cat is missing, in case someone else brings them in. If you have any old addresses, check them out in case the cat is returning to a previous home.

If there is roadkill in your area, dispose of it so it doesn't attract the cat.

Check local ads to see if someone has found your cat.

Work outside or spend time outside - maybe the cat will hear your voice and come to you, or you will spot the cat.

Check the trees in your yard to make sure the cat isn't trapped up a tree. Let the neighbors know your cat is missing and show them pictures.

Don't lose hope! My friend's cat got out and they assumed it was gone for good, but then he walked back into the house three weeks later as if he'd never left, just hungry!

I've done a lot of these things, but I can't go there everyday. He was at my uncle's house while I was staying with a friend (my family had to move), and yeah... Unfortunately... I'm in a town about half an hour or so away, so all I can do is hope that my mother will see him. I'm just sad. 

I understand, that's so stressful and sad. I hope your cat finds its way back to you somehow! It's so hard to lose a pet :( I'm sending you lots of hugs!

Just now, Aniia said:

I understand, that's so stressful and sad. I hope your cat finds its way back to you somehow! It's so hard to lose a pet :( I'm sending you lots of hugs!

Thank you so much! That means a lot!

My dad passed away the day before yesterday, a bit less than a month away from his 56th birthday, which would have been on October 19th. The last time I saw him was on August the 12th, just one day before my summer vacation trip. When I got back, he said that he wanted to postpone our plans to see each other because he didn't feel well. Several days afterwards we found out that he had covid.

He was initially sent to home isolation with treatment which he didn't react to, so five days from then he was admitted to one of the hospitals that treats covid patients. He spent ten days on oxygen treatment, which sadly didn't work as he kept getting worse, and then he was put on a ventilator as the last resort to try and save his life, along with a tracheotomy.  Every medicine was used, every treatment protocol was implemented on him, the best doctors and nurses did everything they could to save his life, but sadly not even everything was enough to help him stay.

The two weeks of him being in hospital were, and forever will be, the worst two weeks of my life. I feel like I've aged around 30 years in that time. I was begging the doctors to let me see him and say goodbye because it's been over a month since the last time I've seen him alive, but they aren't letting anyone come near the bodies of those who died of covid because we're in a pandemic. 

We spent months arguing about him getting vaccinated - I begged him, his mother begged him, his wife and friends begged him, everyone begged him, but for some unknown and painful reason he never wanted to. It hurts me that all of this could have been prevented if he had just listened, and it kills me that the doctors who treated him told me that he regretted it so much he couldn't calm down while he was conscious and that he spent his last conscious days afraid, in regret and alone.  I'm dreading of the day of his funeral and I don't know how I'm going to make it through it, and it breaks me that I couldn't see him that one last time to say goodbye. I'm in a roller coaster between painful grief and complete disbelief, my younger siblings are in shock and in so much pain, and everything feels like a horrible dream that I'll never wake up from. 

Everything in my life that is going to happen in the future will feel so incomplete without him. He won't be there for so many things ahead for us, the memories will feel so lacking and the new reality we're all forced to come to terms with is going to hurt so much. My dad was a good man who made a mistake, and I don't know if I'll ever manage to get over the injustice that he had to pay for his mistake with his life. I wish he had recovered and got the second chance for us to make things right because he spent his final conscious moments regretting, and it breaks my heart that he won't enjoy fulfilling his wishes, plans and time with us. He was a good and kind man who loved everyone and everything and he didn't deserve to die before he even turned 56. I know he would love for me, and all of us who loved him, to gather the strength to live our lives to the fullest because he lived that way himself, but no one ever prepares you for this. Even during the worst moments, there was that tiny glimmer of hope we held on to while he was still breathing, and it hurt like hell when covid just decided to heartlessly take it away from us. 

Please, hug your loved ones and tell them you love them. Use every opportunity to love them, because one day you'll regret for all the opportunities that you missed.

Edited by Twyro

Oh goodness @Twyro I'm so so sorry for your loss. That must be especially horrible, knowing how upset he was in the end.  Sending lots of vibes for you and your family!

@Twyro I lost my grandmother to Covid a year ago now, I guess. Dunno how it's been that long. But it's so painful, as I was at a friend's home while she (and the rest of my immediate family) struggled with Covid. I am so sorry for your loss. Losing someone to Covid is... it's freaking hard. And she would have never gotten the vaccine either, I don't believe. I am sending you so many good vibes at the moment and even a virtual hug. Remember to take a few breaths now and then for yourself, even if it's just a shower or a nice yummy treat for yourself.