TJ09

2014-06-22 - Site Outage

TJ said this in another thread:

"Any actions that were performed shortly before the second period of downtime (starting around 08:00 EST) are gone forever. This includes breeding and grabbing eggs.

Note, however, that the actions were simply "not taken," rather than lost or inconsistent (that is, dragons bred before the outage can be bred again)."

Source: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8297384

Thank you, TJ and others, who were involved in getting DC back up quickly! smile.gif

Good luck to everyone! smile.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

"Any actions that were performed shortly before the second period of downtime (starting around 08:00 EST) are gone forever. This includes breeding and grabbing eggs.

Note, however, that the actions were simply "not taken," rather than lost or inconsistent (that is, dragons bred before the outage can be bred again)."

It would be awesome if that could be edited into the first post. smile.gif Sock was so kind; thank you, Sock!

I'm busy trying to re-organise the stuff I've lost. Here's hoping. Good luck to everyone else!

Edited by pinkgothic

This is what happened to me:

-I offered a CB copper egg + 1 gold hatchling in a trade for a tinsel egg before the outage.

-During the down time I saw the same egg and hatchling on offer on the trade forum by the person who had the tinsel egg, meaning they accepted my offer and I got the tinsel egg.

-But take a look at my scroll now:

user posted image

There is no trace of the tinsel egg, but the copper and gold are still there.

All OK? No, look at what happens if I click on the copper egg "actions link" (the same goes with the gold hatchling).

user posted image

It appears as belonging to another scroll but I still have it (and the gold hatchling) on mine!

I just hope I won't be losing both the tinsel egg and the copper & gold...sad.gif

Edited by lincoln6echo

I now have the thunder egg I traded offer earlier back and the summer I got for it is gone. Hopefully I can find that person again.

I now have the thunder egg I traded offer earlier back and the summer I got for it is gone.  Hopefully I can find that person again.

And what about the tinsel egg you gave me for the copper and the gold? Do you still see it?

EDIT: I see it is still on your scroll. Maybe we can trade it again after everything is normal again.

Have you tried doing something with it?

Edited by lincoln6echo

And what about the tinsel egg you gave me for the copper and the gold? Do you still see it?

EDIT: I see it is still on your scroll. Maybe we can trade it again after everything is normal again.

Have you tried doing something with it?

PM'd you. Oddly the copper and gold are still showing in my active trades (and links are clickable) but not on my scroll.

Edited by littleblackdog

checks scroll in panic! Phew all there and one trade offer got accepted

Well, Mother Nature decided to make me stop early today. Nasty Thunderstorm. Oh well, break for me. biggrin.gif And the cave's back up I see. Sweet. All my babies seem to be okay and one of them hatched! I'll wait a bit before trying to breed my Gold.

Thank you, TJ and others, who were involved in getting DC back up quickly! smile.gif

It seems to be very random in my case. I still have three eggs and one hatchling from my brief hunting trip between the Downtime and the 502s. Some of the eggs I abandoned stayed abandoned, but the one returned. I should be able to provide codes for all the eggs involved from my browser history, if TJ wants them.

Eggs abandoned at 6:45, 6:48 and 6:53am EST stayed abandoned. The egg abandoned at 6:51am is the one that returned.

I guess I'll have to do my trade again since my cheese egg went back on my scroll and the hatchlings for that trade are missing.

Nothing was erased on my scroll, probably because I was asleep when this outage happened, looks like I got off scot free.

For those who have missing eggs, check your action log and your browser history. The codes for the missing eggs may be there. If you can find the pages in your history, I would pm TJ with the information.

I think that's the only way any missing eggs could be restored.

For those who have missing eggs, check your action log and your browser history. The codes for the missing eggs may be there. If you can find the pages in your history, I would pm TJ with the information.

I think that's the only way any missing eggs could be restored.

I have got my code for the bred egg and everything but unsure if good idea to ask it of TJ? He must be busy with site and also the testers/encyclopaedia going on? I was tempted but unsure if rightful to do so?

Ah, that explains it. Well, the downtime made me go to bed, so I don't mind. =p

~

Another edit to clear up my previous ignorantly made post. As TJ has posted that the actions were lost completely, even if you have the code, I do not believe your eggs will be recoverable. I am so very sorry and I wish you all the best of luck in your catching, breeding, summoning, and teleporting ventures. </3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I see some people missing eggs. I'm not sure what all TJ can or will do, but your best bet is to PM him with your information, especially in the case where you have its code and a screenshot proving you had it but didn't abandon it. At the very least, TJ should give us some kind of update about what happened to them IMO.

He did, though, here

Any actions that were performed shortly before the second period of downtime (starting around 08:00 EST) are gone forever. This includes breeding and grabbing eggs.

Note, however, that the actions were simply "not taken," rather than lost or inconsistent (that is, dragons bred before the outage can be bred again).

EDIT: I guess if the codes are still there, then yeah bringing them up is fine, but I have a feeling like they're still counted in with those other eggs that "disappeared".

Edited by edwardelricfreak

He did, though, here

Thanks; I just got on. I'll add that to the first post so it's easily findable for everyone.

Ah, thank you! That probably means that my trade offers (7:46 and 7:49) got lost. Well, destiny decreed that these eggs are to stay with me, then!

I lost 4 eggs today (2 bred, 2 adopted/traded). I was able to re-breed one, but the others are gone for good. Very sad. sad.gif

The main site is down again? And up for now. Edited by Jazeki

Dang, I lost a pretty lineage that had a few Thuweds in it… =/

Oh well, at least I was still able to freeze the ember I had to before it grew up, so it wasn't a complete loss. ^^;

Well I didn't lose anything, but I seem to have gained a lot. I have 11 eggs on my scroll right now.