TJ09

2014-06-22 - Site Outage

That's one thorough "planned network maintenance", it's been going on for hours now. Any clues if there's an end in sight?

That's one thorough "planned network maintenance", it's been going on for hours now. Any clues if there's an end in sight?

I'm quite positive it's towards the end, since it's downtime instead of 502 or 504 anymore.

Since I have no idea what to call the list anymore, I just renamed it like this.

EDIT: For a few minutes, even the forum showed me the loading screen of death. xd.png

Edited by MichiyoSaitou

I wonder if there will be encyclopedias when this all shakes down?

I wonder if there will be encyclopedias when this all shakes down?

That is what I think too. wink.gif

I just love it when servers don't give their clients the heads-up that they're going to change something or do maintenance. It's sooooo convenient and professional. It's got to be done, sure, but a little notice that a business/site can go do something else with their life besides concentrate on work or fun time would be nice. It would save them a truckload of hate mail and phone calls, too. My work's ISP did the same stinking thing the other day, and we were down for hours without the ability to do prescriptions. Feeling you, TJ. Hang in there, and give your server hell for their lack of consideration.

Seconded. You would think, since they are supposedly running a business, that things like professionalism and their rep with their clients would matter to them. While I'm sure all this is nothing TJ can't handle, he really shouldn't have to. Just ridiculous. =\ Poor TJ. Give 'em hell, huny! xd.png

The Cave is back up in the UK. smile.gif

Edited by Cireth

ummm so the site is back up but a egg I bred is now gone?

And someone I gave avatar egg to is now back on scroll...

Also dragons bred this morning now breedable again, happy to try again but worried these will disappear also?

Edited by lilacamy931

and a hatchie is an egg again?! blink.gif

I'm surprised nobody poked me on fb to make the call. If my phone buzzes enough times overnight, I always wake up to see what is going on (third message gets me up every time). Usually people in the chat blow my phone up when something breaks.. this time.. nobody bothered me. Sorry I was slow to find the issue (i logged into the forum purely on a whim.. at a friends house, and they are playing video games so i decided to geek around a bit tongue.gif)

ummm so the site is back up but a egg I bred is now gone?

And someone I gave avatar egg to is now back on scroll...

Also dragons bred this morning now breedable again, happy to try again but worried these will disappear also?

I think it's because you gave the avatar and bred your egg after the last time DC's server did an auto-backup?

Finally back in Romania too. No eggs in the cave, though. Luckily, none of my hatchlings and eggs were affected. biggrin.gif

I'm surprised nobody poked me on fb to make the call. If my phone buzzes enough times overnight, I always wake up to see what is going on (third message gets me up every time). Usually people in the chat blow my phone up when something breaks.. this time.. nobody bothered me. Sorry I was slow to find the issue (i logged into the forum purely on a whim.. at a friends house, and they are playing video games so i decided to geek around a bit tongue.gif)

Would you be able to check with your magic powers if this status is going to stay? (IE I gained a egg back gifted to someone etc and egg I bred had up for trade now gone as reset) It is not a problem but worried if try rebreeding/gifting now...

I checked IRC a couple times, no one was there. It usually blows up when this happens. It's like, everyone was sleeping or something. laugh.gif

I'm back up in New York too. I've had two dragons mature, one hatch and one that should have hatched by now, didn't. I hope we stay in working order now. smile.gif

YEYY, back up and my eggie hatched in the meantime biggrin.gif

Would you be able to check with your magic powers if this status is going to stay? (IE I gained a egg back gifted to someone etc and egg I bred had up for trade now gone as reset) It is not a problem but worried if try rebreeding/gifting now...

I generally try to wait like 30 minutes after things are back up, before I do anything. Just in case.

DC is back up for me too, but...

my eggs I had traded are back, and I don't have the eggs I traded for. sad.gif

I generally try to wait like 30 minutes after things are back up, before I do anything. Just in case.

No worries. Here is a giggle though:

http://dragcave.net/teleport/e759566bb2a88...e8fe36532c74a1e

The bred egg before it went down again and tried to trade - 2 way still there with nothing on it laugh.gif

Ah well retrying breeding meant no egg a second time laugh.gif

Edited by lilacamy931

Attack of the Datamonster.........