TJ09

2014-06-22 - Site Outage

Dragon Cave and the forums were unavailable for an unspecified amount of time (that is, it varied between ISPs, but generally around two hours) earlier tonight, starting around 01:00 PDT.

This was apparently the result of some planned network maintenance (scheduled to occur between 01:00 PDT and 05:00 PDT). Unfortunately, I was not contacted regarding this outage window, so I was not able to relay the news to the community.

All low-time eggs and hatchlings have been credited to compensate.

EDIT: Dragons have been compensated for the second period of downtime as well.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry8297384

Any actions that were performed shortly before the second period of downtime (starting around 08:00 EST) are gone forever. This includes breeding and grabbing eggs.

Note, however, that the actions were simply "not taken," rather than lost or inconsistent (that is, dragons bred before the outage can be bred again).

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Thank you TJ! biggrin.gif

I was right wondering what was happening, but since it's Sunday I thought it was related with the upcoming beta rolleyes.gif

I noticed both the site and the forums were down for the last half hour or so. I checked isup.me just ot be sure it wasn't on my end.... Kinda glad to see it wasn't on my end.

I'm sorry you weren't properly informed, TJ. That's the least they could have done.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know! Hopefully everything will be fine again now!

Thank you for the info, TJ. Thought it might be the beta, but it's good to see everything back. smile.gif

Thanks for letting us know TJ! I'm glad DC's back online smile.gif I too thought the second downtime's related to the new encyclopedia!

Thanks for the explanation TJ. \o/ Everythings working again after a looong morning of waiting and clicking to see and waiting and clicking etc...... biggrin.gif

Thank you for telling us, TJ! I was just about to post in a local DC forum to ask what was happening. >.<

I used to think this is related to the beta system too, LOL.

Edit: 502 Bad Gate happened again. sad.gif

Edited by SunSunSun

As discussed on IRC, the situation was rather interesting and I suspected some peering issues with the ISPs : from home, the forums worked fine but I wasn't able to connect to the cave. Then I tried from work and it was exactly the opposite: the cave was reachable but the forums were not responding. I tried several "traceroute" from different servers that I have access to, showing that the traffic stopped just before reaching the servers. I am glad that the routing issues seem to be solved now.

A few of us Aussies have just had probs with both DC and the forum. The forum is now back up but not DC.

Thanks for the info, TJ! I too was a bit worried that the Lagmonster had struck again xd.png

Glad to see the forums are back! Hope DC comes back soon too smile.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

Currently having problems in the UK as well (13:10 BST/8:10 EST?)

user posted image

Edited by Ansela Jonla

^Same problem here in Romania. xd.png

Thank you for informing us, TJ. I was beginning to worry when I saw that I can't access DC (only the forums are available). unsure.gif

Edited by MichiyoSaitou

^Same problem here in Romania. xd.png

Thank you for informing us, TJ. I was beginning to worry when I saw that I can't access DC (only the forums are available). unsure.gif

I'm in the US (FL) and can't access the cave either. ^

And I'm trying to experiment, and had an egg that I needed to post up before bed. Which is now. :<

Edited by RipPanther1

Same, I'm in the US.

I'm getting the same thing. Looking forward to it getting fixed! smile.gif