LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

you can also upload 3ds images with the internet browser if you don't have an SD card reader, so you could share the QR code that way. i used imageshack and tinypic before i got my reader, but i think it depends on your net if you can get the sites to load on the browser.

mine still isn't set up c':

There are also lesbians on the Mauville City roof - a delinquent and an ace trainer, the former of which is treating the latter to a last dinner since now that she's an ace she can't be seen with people like her. She calls the ace "doll".

There's also, uh, every single line of Matt's dialogue, Courtney and Zinnia's odd interest in you regardless of the player's gender, prof. Cozmo nearly kissing another male scientist in joy after you save the world, Tabitha consistently referring to Steven as "pretty boy" throughout the demo... Like, sure, most of these individually could probably be construed as nonromantic or translation errors, but let's be real. ORAS is gay as hell.

Also there was a minor canon trans NPC in the battle maison in XY (and presumably ORAS as well)!!

There are also lesbians on the Mauville City roof - a delinquent and an ace trainer, the former of which is treating the latter to a last dinner since now that she's an ace she can't be seen with people like her. She calls the ace "doll".

There's also, uh, every single line of Matt's dialogue, Courtney and Zinnia's odd interest in you regardless of the player's gender, prof. Cozmo nearly kissing another male scientist in joy after you save the world, Tabitha consistently referring to Steven as "pretty boy" throughout the demo... Like, sure, most of these individually could probably be construed as nonromantic or translation errors, but let's be real. ORAS is gay as hell.

Also there was a minor canon trans NPC in the battle maison in XY (and presumably ORAS as well)!!

ORAS confirmed for best pokemon game all year every year B)

everybody in the games got a crush on steven "stunning male specimen" stone

speaking of is it me or is steven a lot more like wallace than he was in the originals? personality wise. idk i only played emerald maybe it's different in r/s

@ElementalMistressLuna: we're talkin about the game it's not off-topic???

Edited by Switch

Indeed @ EMLuna.

I'll see if my 3ds can upload things through tiny pic. Thanks for the advice. Everyone still gets a cookie, regardless of success or not biggrin.gif

Anyone else as absolutely thrilled about the rival battle music as I was?

Edited by MysteryX95

Indeed @ EMLuna.

ok but please what's the problem with discussing/appreciating the gay subtext present in ORAS in the ORAS thread? esp when it's unusual for a pokemon game. we're talking about ORAS in the ORAS thread. this is a 100% harmless family friendly ORAS related discussion. it's not off-topic or anything. (ouo;)?

i mean it's not the most open representation for us under the sun but this is pokemon so like i said ill take what good i can get and appreciate it -w-;;;

Edited by Switch

If you'd like to discuss other things in a thread, just start discussing them; not everyone has to be talking about the same things at once. The current discussion is on-topic, and thus can be discussed in this thread within the board's rules.

I'm really happy about all the LGBTQA+ characters that are popping up in the games! It's really a nice touch. ORAS are such great games, and this makes them even better <3

78/10

• too much awesome

user posted image

New movie soon. Who wants to bet it'll have Hoopa or Volcanion in it.

(And then Japan will get the event and the rest of us have to wait a while...)

ok but please what's the problem with discussing/appreciating the gay subtext present in ORAS in the ORAS thread? esp when it's unusual for a pokemon game. we're talking about ORAS in the ORAS thread. this is a 100% harmless family friendly ORAS related discussion. it's not off-topic or anything. (ouo;)?

i mean it's not the most open representation for us under the sun but this is pokemon so like i said ill take what good i can get and appreciate it -w-;;;

I'm sure you guys can discuss it just don't let it become something not ORAS related.

Anyhow, I'm on my final legend, Virizion, and I've got a ton of nest balls to catch it it biggrin.gif I think I'm gonna use the legends in the contests just for hee haws

You are making me want to buy the ORAS even if i already have the original ones for Gameboy Advance.

well yeah ORAS has a ton of new stuff from the original ones ovo/ i still have emerald for GBA too

As long as conversation is on topic, it is fine. Different conversations about the same topic can exist at the same time as well if you don't want to participate. ^^

ORAS is just kind of the best.

Man tho if I'd had the option to hit on Courtney while she was being all excessively interested.

Anyways, I'm trying to breed a shiny Treecko on Y to trade over to OR. You guys have no idea how much I need a shiny Sceptile that can Mega-evolve. I've actually bred a couple 5IV Treecko in the process and a 4IV female.

I've caught most of the legendaries in OR, I still need to go grab Castform and nab me a derpgenie and raise my Altaria to level 100 and get a Reshiram. My Terrakion is 4IV with a +Speed nature, so I might try and assemble my mono-rock team in-game.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

...Pokemon isn't all about gameplay either?? I mean, I'm here mostly for the monsters and the story. I don't think I've discussed competitive stuff once in this thread. Interesting how no one screamed at me to leave the stage because I was talking about non-gameplay stuff back when we were discussing the messed up timeline. :\

I'm still kinda disappointed at the lack of cute poc NPCs though :c XY was so good with that. I mean yeah sure Hoenn is japan, but real life japan also doesn't have magical creatures instead of animals so y'know who even cares.

On another note, Tabitha is canonically 27 and this is really weird to me. I mean, I didn't assume he was older or younger or anything, but that's exactly the thing - I kind of just sorted him into the "adult" category and left it like that. Like, you know how when you're little, adults are just these people who inhabit a separate world which you don't have anything to do with most of the time? Pokemon is a REALLY good simulator of that.

(Also autistic Courtney headcanon 5ever)

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

What. Tabitha has a canon age??? Where did you find that out? Does Courtney???

I have AS and the team magma admins come and talk to you at the battle resort the first time you go there. Wally calls Tabitha sir and he gets pretty angry about it because he's ONLY 27, MAN.

Courtney spends her one-line appearance deciding she's interested in the player so I dunno if she has a canon age.

I'm still kinda disappointed at the lack of cute poc NPCs though :c XY was so good with that. I mean yeah sure Hoenn is japan, but real life japan also doesn't have magical creatures instead of animals so y'know who even cares.

Same (and I mean it's not like all Japanese people are light-skinned either despite what some people would have you believe :V)

I mean Team Aqua is nice (and Shelly is cute af) but it'd be nice if there were some non-villain POC around :L

I have AS and the team magma admins come and talk to you at the battle resort the first time you go there. Wally calls Tabitha sir and he gets pretty angry about it because he's ONLY 27, MAN.

Courtney spends her one-line appearance deciding she's interested in the player so I dunno if she has a canon age.

-quietly adjusts headcanon age for Courtney-

ORAS bothers me in that it's great in the hints of LGBT+ stuff but yet it's apparently also somewhat sexist :U

Wtf.. I found a mirage cave that has a tm in it, but to get to it I would need both the acro and mach bikes at the same time o.o anyone else found this island?

After you beat the game, talk to Rydel. He tells you he's glad you've been giving him so much business and gives you the other bike.

I can jump off one bike directly onto another bike now. This is glorious.

Not exaaaaactly; you have to show the bikes to certain people. From Serebii:

Mach Bike - Show the Mach Bike to a Hex Maniac in the Route 111 Desert

Acro Bike - Show the Acro Bike to a Bird Keeper in the Acro Bike area of Route 119 - Requires Surf & Waterfall

Any Bike - Speak to a Triathlete in Battle Resort

Edited by PieMaster

Oh, huh, really? I never noticed. :\ I guess I just have a habit of talking to everyone I see in a Pokemon game. My bad, then.

I found a Mirage Island/forest with the TM for Gyro Ball. Apparently there's a couple like that according to serebii.

P.S. thanks for the info on the bikes, I read that you could get both but I forgot and didn't look it up!

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I'm unsure what I want for one of my team members...

I have Sceptile and Manectric currently. I think I want to have Flygon and Milotic. Maybe I'll have a Ninetales again? I'd love a Drought+Extrasensory one, so maybe I'll go ahead and do that. But what should be the 6th member? Part of me was debating Skarmory or Absol but nothing is set in stone, even the Flygon and Milotic (well, the Milotic is mostly set in stone. It would be awesome). My Mega will most likely be Sceptile, anyway. Absol would be kind of useless without its mega. Maybe I'll have a Gardevoir or Gallade?

Anyway, opinions and suggestions are welcome. owo