LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

So I finally decided to stop sidequesting and actually challenge the E4, typically I was way overleveled so it wasn't even a real challenge, but that's alright because Steven wub.gif

Speaking of Steven

user posted image

Granny knows how it is xd.png

So one of the Team Magma people during Delta episode referred to Zinnia and I as teenagers. So I guess our characters aren't actually 11? Maybe 13ish?

I definitely agree with granny over there about Steven being a dreamboat :Y

It's a parallel universe, right? So maybe this Brendan and May are older? Though, Bulbapedia records their ages as 12 so eh, I'd consider that old enough to be a teen or at least a pre-teen (since 'teen' refers to the -teen in the names, so 12 is still pre-teen :U)

A magma grunt also refers to Steven as "exquisite male specimen" and in the demo, Tabitha consistently calls him "pretty boy". Steven being ridiculously gorgeous is basically canon.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

True (regarding ages, 12 is preteen. Heck my niece is 10 and might as well be a preteen...) . And yes I saw the parallel universe thing. So basically what they're saying is the Ruby version I played all those years ago was in the parallel universe? Or that's what I think.

(I'm just too busy being like STEVEN STEVEN STEVEN LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY. Or at least that's what I pretend my in-game character is saying. "Hey Listen. Just let me go get Rayquaza already and then we can hang out on my super awesome legendary pokemon later and check out my megastone collection")

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Bulbapedia just lists '12', not two different ages. That's what I meant. |D So May and Brendan have always been 12.

I want to romance Steven D: He's young enough! ...I think. He's 25. IT'S FINE. TOTES FINE.

So I finally decided to stop sidequesting and actually challenge the E4, typically I was way overleveled so it wasn't even a real challenge, but that's alright because Steven  wub.gif

Speaking of Steven

user posted image

Granny knows how it is  xd.png

So one of the Team Magma people during Delta episode referred to Zinnia and I as teenagers. So I guess our characters aren't actually 11? Maybe 13ish?

But...

okay going on stuff I've read because I can't keep my hands off spoilers...

Isn't Zinnia's Whimsur or something named after her dead daughter? Because if the teenagers thing stands then... dang. Dead family is one thing, but dead daughter of a teenage mother is not something I expect out of Pokemon! ... not against it, it's just super unexpected xd.png

Of course, I could be entirely wrong since again, haven't played yet, but that's just what I've seen x3

also steven's okay but seriously if pokemon ever gains a romance option it's Cynthia or nothing |D

But...

okay going on stuff I've read because I can't keep my hands off spoilers...

Isn't Zinnia's Whimsur or something named after her dead daughter? Because if the teenagers thing stands then... dang. Dead family is one thing, but dead daughter of a teenage mother is not something I expect out of Pokemon! ... not against it, it's just super unexpected XD

Of course, I could be entirely wrong since again, haven't played yet, but that's just what I've seen x3

also steven's okay but seriously if pokemon ever gains a romance option it's Cynthia or nothing |D

But isn't she like a time traveler too or whatever? So then it could make sense that she had a daughter but is now a teen again...or something. Maybe she also just looks young or is around 18/19?

I was thinking the 18/19 thing myself xd.png ... not sure about the time traveler bit, just since I haven't read anything involving that, so... /shrug xd.png

Pokemon's just getting stranger every game x3

I thought daughter at first too because either I missed the "teenagers" remark or the Aqua grunts don't say that but I guess it's possible that it was her little sister or something :L

I haven't had much time to play ORAS yet (which makes me sad because Hoenn is my favourite region and Ruby is <3), but I swear once I saw Steven.

He is so beautiful it's ridiculous.

And it's great seeing so many NPCs agreeing with that observation. x'D

I just beat Wattson, though... hopefully this weekend will give me some more time to play the game, as I just want to DO IT ALL AND KNOW WHAT HAPPENS ALREADY! I've been avoiding the white spoiler text like it's the plague!

My quest for the perfect Electrike is over (though I may still try to go after a shiny eventually) because I was too impatient. XD

I still managed to get a really good Electrike, though! Wish it was female, but I got a 3 star (HP, Sp Attack, Speed) Timid Lightningrod male. It has Switcheroo which I don't really care about, but it looks like it may also have perfect or close to perfect IVs in Attack and Special Defense, too. c: Too bad it doesn't have great defense. Not like it needs attack because it's Timid. Regardless, I'm pretty happy with him! Now if only I had a good name. xU

My quest for the perfect Electrike is over (though I may still try to go after a shiny eventually) because I was too impatient. xd.png

I still managed to get a really good Electrike, though! Wish it was female, but I got a 3 star (HP, Sp Attack, Speed) Timid Lightningrod male. It has Switcheroo which I don't really care about, but it looks like it may also have perfect or close to perfect IVs in Attack and Special Defense, too. c: Too bad it doesn't have great defense. Not like it needs attack because it's Timid. Regardless, I'm pretty happy with him! Now if only I had a good name. xU

Thunderlion xd.png I saw a shiny Zigzagoon and wouldn't you know I crit hit it T_T Have terrible shiny luck, but it is what it is. I'm debating what pokeball I should catch Virizion in, anyone have any thoughts? (by the way I did catch Suicune in a dive ball, sooooo happy biggrin.gif)

I named him Nikola. Besides, why Thunderlion? Electrikes and Manectrics aren't lions, they're maned wolves! XD Luxrays are more appropriate thunder lions.

I totally had a dream last night where I found a shiny and accidentally killed it. D: Don't remember what it was. I think it was a Ralts? I dreamt that I was using my Vigoroth and I totally thought it was my Metang, so I attack, but then I realized I meant to send out my Vigoroth to use Yawn to put it asleep...and forgot! What a horrible dream! XD

Ooh! Catch Virizion in either a Heal Ball, Nest Ball, or Dusk Ball (probably Heal Ball, especially if it's shiny!). I would suggest Friend or Love Ball but I don't think you can get them (easily) into ORAS.

user posted image

After 3317 SRs I finally got my dream shiny Reshiram wub.gif. I was totally unprepared for the battle, I relied on getting it in a Quick Ball which didn't happen. Surprisingly, the only Net Ball in my bag did xd.png.

Sooo... (spoilers for an unreleased pokemon)

WHO'S SEEN ALL THAT HOOPA HOOPLAH AND PUMPED AS HECK FOR AN OFFICIAL RELEASE? /cough sorry I just binge-watched several videos/articles on it. But it makes total sense that Hoopa is gonna get... /something/, given the fact that it's kind of implied to be responsible for the mirage islands/spots and why so many legendaries from other regions/times are being brought in. I mean, Reshiram and Zekrom if nothing else, either they're being taken out from waaaaaaay back when or way into the future...

Edited by Dr. Paine

Sooo... (spoilers for an unreleased pokemon)

WHO'S SEEN ALL THAT HOOPA HOOPLAH AND PUMPED AS HECK FOR AN OFFICIAL RELEASE? /cough sorry I just binge-watched several videos/articles on it. But it makes total sense that Hoopa is gonna get... /something/, given the fact that it's kind of implied to be responsible for the mirage islands/spots and why so many legendaries from other regions/times are being brought in. I mean, Reshiram and Zekrom if nothing else, either they're being taken out from waaaaaaay back when or way into the future...

That's true! Considering the hero from Black/White and N/hero from the sequels would have Resh/Zek. I think a few other legends may be "required" but I know those two are.

Storm: Congrats on the shiny Reshy! :D Sadly the nature isn't perfect but otherwise, that's awesome! (also hopefully that characteristic means it's a perfect, since one of the IVs for that one is 31. Don't legends now have 1 or 2 stats with guaranteed perfect IVs?)

I would be so sad if I reset that many times only to accidentally kill a shiny legend/have it use Struggle to kill itself. May try to bring something with Heal Pulse. o3o Note to self: Use a Gallade with False Swipe, Heal Pulse, Thunder Wave, and Hypnosis. Perfect plan! >:D For roaming or Pokemon with Roar, I guess Mean Look works. Mean Look overrides Roar, right? Dx

EDIT: Wait no it doesn't. I was thinking Teleport and stuff. Oh well, Roar still wins. :c So long as I'm higher level it shouldn't be a problem. Level 100 Gallade, yes!

Edited by edwardelricfreak

user posted image

After 3317 SRs I finally got my dream shiny Reshiram wub.gif. I was totally unprepared for the battle, I relied on getting it in a Quick Ball which didn't happen. Surprisingly, the only Net Ball in my bag did xd.png.

Congrats! Hes my next target. And I always thought the Electrike line was a lion? Huh, learn something new every day. I think I will try for a shiny Virizion, just to see how long my patience holds out xd.png Feels like I've been trying to catch a good Cobalion all day though...if I remember correctly the legends are guaranteed to have 3 perfect ivs when you catch them. I got a reaaaaaally good Terrakion because of that.

Edited by dragontamer44722

Ah man congrats on the shiny Reshiram!

I'll be SRing for Ho-oh soon. I'm saving my master ball for it because I don't want to tempt fate

I finished Delta Episode and I dunno about Zinnia and Aster, I think Aster could have either been a daughter or a little sister.

All I know is holy cow space battle on rayquaza was the coolest dang thing ever. I was all WOOOSH SPAAAAAACEEEE. And then when we extreme-speeded through the meteor, that was awesome too. Deoxys' battle music remix was pretty great as well. Delta episode pretty much made up for the lack of post game content in X/Y for me. Rayquaza has always been one of my favorite legendaries so I loved the whole deal.

Now I'm just finishing up my megastone collection (gotta do some contest work) catch all the mirage spot legendaries, SR for shiny Ho-oh, and then maybe try and complete my pokedex so I can get a sweet diploma to put in my secret base. (I really like the Streetpass/Spotpass/Interact with people pass where you get bases. It's fun trying to find them)

Oh and I did get the diploma for my Groudon that migrated from the original Ruby! It was talking to the guy who gives you the other diplomas.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I have a huge list of shinies to SR for.

-Regirock

-Ho-oh

-Latias

-maaaybe Latios

-Palkia

-Giratina

-Virizion (though I wish it was a bit more of a true pink like it used to be rather than the almost salmon/coral it's become)

-maaaybe Terrakion

-Reshiram

-maaaybe Entei

-Suicune

-Tornadus

-Landorus

-Cresselia

WISH ME LUCK though not yet since I'm not even close to that point, but still.

Curse these version exclusives! Really wish I could get Lugia, Dialga, Zekrom, and Thundurus, too. :\

If Articuno, Moltres, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and/or Genesect are ever added in a way that can be SRd I will try for them, too. However, I'm highly doubtful any of them will be available outside of an event, and most of them will be shiny locked if they're event Pokemon, so...

I'm super happy I managed to convince my parents to drive me to gamestop each week to download the Shiny Giratina, Palkia, Dialga, Entei, Suicuine, and Raikou (and I have two sets of them thank you platinum version~)

I'm still bitter that Japan got the shiny rayquaza event a while back and no one else did. Original ruby is going to have to be on my list of games to play so I can SR for that one.

Likewise they got the shiny genesect event and no one else did.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I do have the shiny events but it's not the same as SRing for them!

Besides, when I lost my original Black I lost one of the two sets of shiny beasts I had :c I was lucky I had another set (or maybe just one extra Raikou? I can't remember now).

I still have the shiny dragons *somewhere* I think. Don't remember which games they were for. Was that Black and White? Might be in my second copy, I know I didn't lose them.

Japan gets everything and it's totally unfair. >:C Don't they realize Pokemon is super popular here, too? I don't see why they don't release Pokemon movies in theatres anymore (seem to be on TV for a bit and then they're sent to DVD/blu-ray). But events. I need events! ;A; They get sooo many. I was waiting for so long to get the shiny Hydreigon event and we never got it. :\

Mystery: Does this help? It's southeast of Mauville and you need a level 100 Pokemon.

Sci, if you get tired I can SR for Suicune, Entei, Raikou for you! smile.gif

I already have those in shiny, so you can have mine. If not, good luck!