LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Just curious, why don't you like Brandon?

He is blatantly sexist and kinda creeps me out :V

(and also I really really don't like Ruby in PokeSpe and it kinda translates |D)

Edited by Pika_Oi

I personally don't dislike Brendan but I greatly preferred his Emerald look to the ORAS one. I have NO idea why he's randomly tan but May isn't? Can't be genetics, Professor Birch is hardly that dark and none of the parents, Norman included, are that dark, so I assume it's from sun but May is still white as ever.

Pika: But isn't May that way if you play as Brendan? o3o Or do they have different lines? Just kidding, they totally have different lines. Like completely.

I do NOT remember him being such a buttface in the original. Wow. Shows how good my memory is.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Yeah, the quotes are on Bulbapedia, too. Text seems to be mostly/completely the same, so I can tell how different it is. But still I do not remember him being such a jerk...

And I hate when he brags about how completely his pokedex is. I'm like "I bet you anything mine is more complete."

He has. There are some small differences in the original text and this one, but they've added a lot to it that makes him seem even more disrespectful and cocky in general, and May seems even more gushy and weird. Oh well, I still like being May and being able to show up that dbag. >:\

This probably explains why it never bothered me in the original. He was still kind of a jerk, but definitely more friendly than Blue/Green/Gary and Silver. It was less of an arrogance thing and more of a true rivalry or something. But these differences. ._.

Ughhh

Can I do the Delta Episode without giving the other ticket to Brendan he's gross and I want him to stay away from me and Deoxys isn't worth having to talk to him any more

Nasty, nasty boy

Can I invite Courtney and romance her

Can I invite Courtney and romance her

Or Shelly since I'm playing Alpha Sapphire here yessss |D

Ugh I wish we could romance the other characters! D: I would TOTALLY romance Flannery in a heartbeat. And Brawly. And Courtney and Shelly. Steven. Zinnia. Archie.

I would somehow get Silver, Morty, Karen, Lance, Volkner, Flint, Cynthia, Elesa, Skyla, Cheren, Roxie, and most definitely N in the game to romance them. OH, and that one guy I don't remember the name of who you do sort of romance in B2W2 if you play as the girl, plus Guitarist January. OH. Curtis.

Then again, knowing Cynthia, she's probably already SOMEWHERE in the game. She stalks you everywhere. Everywhere.

I actually do want to somehow make a Pokemon game (probably not ROM hack because that's too limited) and including romancing characters.

I do have to say, I think N is probably the most attractive character Pokemon has ever had, or at least one of them. Very interesting, too. and would have probably fit right in with the rest of the cast of Death Note...after he competes with Near for the title of "the true N" that is :Y

Hahah

I probably wouldn't actually romance anybody tbh but if I can be moirails or have a queerplatonic thing with Gold then great |'D

Edited by Pika_Oi

AW DAMN D: It's too bad my originally Ruby doesn't save anymore...all of my original Ruby Pokemon are all in my original copy of Pearl, which I lost. :c Maybe my mom has something from Sapphire/Emerald but I'm not sure, since I think she may have lost whatever game she transferred those Pokemon to as well and I think Sapphire went kaput. Emerald might still work.

After having reached dexnav level 35, I finally found my rattled Whismur! Now to EV train it then I'll go beat Roxanne.

It's sexist, but I don't really see it as a problem for one big reason: that's how 10-year-old boys are. Remember, these kids are probably still in the, "EW SHE HAS COOTIES RUN RUN RUN!!1!!1!11!!!1!!!" stage, which is sexist, but sadly the truth. Yes, it'd be nice if the Pokémon games didn't capture it, but it's... It's realistic, sadly.

Oh man any clue on where to get the certificate?

I have like two groudons from ruby on my Omega Ruby now.

I'm betting from the same guy who gives you the others. Maybe if you have your Poke in the first slot of your party, he'll notice and say something? unsure.gif

In other news, I've finally made it to Mauville and, after getting lost (that place sure has grown) I'mma now gonna take down the Gym leader). cool.gif

Tomorrow they release here so I'll finally be able to play these too biggrin.gif Can't wait to see what you all are talking about with the whole DexNav thing xd.png Going to be my first time in Hoenn smile.gif

Also I still haven't decided if I want OR or AS... hopefully tomorrow when I'm at the store I'll have made a decision xd.png

It's sexist, but I don't really see it as a problem for one big reason: that's how 10-year-old boys are. Remember, these kids are probably still in the, "EW SHE HAS COOTIES RUN RUN RUN!!1!!1!11!!!1!!!" stage, which is sexist, but sadly the truth. Yes, it'd be nice if the Pokémon games didn't capture it, but it's... It's realistic, sadly.

I see like no reason why it has to be that way in the Pokemon world too though honestly like are you seein all the rad lady gym leaders and E4 members and Champions you'da thought that woulda drilled it through their skulls already seeing as those seem to be the most important positions one can have and there's no reason why a world where you can contain a giant orca whale in a small sphere and battle underwater with no explanation as to how the creatures you are using are not drowning has to be anything like real life tbh there ain't no reason why Pokemon world has to be patriarchal :V

(Also bein realistic doesn't mean I can't think he's a ****er for it c': )

((I think the kicker for me though is he reminds me of at least one gross boy who's developed a weird crush on me after I beat him at things and it creeps me out and makes me kinda uncomfortable but :N))

Edited for censor.

((Oh man sorry about that I forget that one's considered a curse word sometimes |D))

Edited by Pika_Oi

Oh, come on. It's not in any way patriarchal; 10-year-old girls have exactly the same attitudes toward guys xd.png It's not as much sexism as it is immaturity. I think May's character is meant to be more mature, yet a little more scatterbrained (she spaces out a lot xd.png), so that may be why she doesn't share a similar remark.

Ok Pie, sure, it's not unrealistic for him to act that way in thinking "ew gross it's a girl"....but he doesn't say that! If he had maybe freaked out *more* about her being a girl, then it would have seemed like it really was an "ew gross it's a girl" situation...but it's not.

And it's a really *really* noticeable difference from the first game. What came off as just a young boy who thought he might be friends with another boy but was just a bit surprised she was a girl and brushed it off, is now a young boy who thought he might be friends with another boy and was slightly disappointed and very shocked that she was a girl and seems to begrudgingly accept the friendship. He boasts multiple times throughout the game about his achievements and even seems surprised when you do anything. I remember him saying something about being amazed at how I managed to sneak up on that Poochyena in that little tutorial. >___>

Anyway, I'm not really trying to delve too much into the topic of sexism, but I just want to say that, while it might be "realistic", it's also delivering the message of "this is how other young boys act towards girls, it's okay to act like this if you're a young boy". Same with the girl's side. The original text wasn't nearly as bad, though Brendan did seem to come off as a little bit arrogant and cocky from time to time, but now it just seems he views May as being completely inferior to him because she's a girl. That's the point being made.

Not sure the Pokemon world is patriarchal or not. I'm not so sure I've ever seen proof of that other than how new Brendan treats the player. o3o

But anyway, on a lighter topic: with all the discussion about how that one character (I assume its one of the GF avatars) gives you a certificate for showing a Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza from the respective original games (I think you have to have G/K/R from R/S/E respectively, so Groudon from Emerald or Rayquaza from Sapphire wouldn't work?), I just wanted to say that I remember my mom telling me that if you have the shiny event Beldum (possibly its evolutions too) in your party and you talk to Mr. Stone after delivering the letter to Steven, that he'll comment on it looking like one of Steven's Beldums. o3o Just a nice easter egg. Not sure if anyone noticed that or not. I haven't tried talking to him with a Metang yet so I don't know if it will work. It might still register since it's still from the event.