LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Can anyone clarify for me that if you restart your game, you can still get the shiny beldum event?

Just curious.

You can.

Wait, so how does the legendaries thing work? You streetpass specific people and get access to the islands for the day?

I might SR for a shiny Cresselia too (which may or may not be because I roleplayed a shiny Cresselia once and she was one of my favourite characters ahah hah) but I have zero patience for anything so. Well. We'll see how that turns out. u_u

Also: just started the Delta Episode. I kind of...really don't like Zinnia?? So far she sounds a lot like N except less interesting and intentionally a jerk instead of accidentally a jerk.

Wait, so how does the legendaries thing work? You streetpass specific people and get access to the islands for the day?

I might SR for a shiny Cresselia too (which may or may not be because I roleplayed a shiny Cresselia once and she was one of my favourite characters ahah hah) but I have zero patience for anything so. Well. We'll see how that turns out. u_u

Also: just started the Delta Episode. I kind of...really don't like Zinnia?? So far she sounds a lot like N except less interesting and intentionally a jerk instead of accidentally a jerk.

I think you can get one Mirage Spot randomly each day, but by streetpassing people you can get more.

Eh, I made a mistake.

Mirage Spots don't need streetpass, you just need to complete certain criterion for them to appear. Mirage Islands are the ones that require streetpass, but they only contain lesser Pokemon that aren't legendaries.

Unless I'm mistaken?? Please correct me.

This page may help with the specifics:

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapph...legendary.shtml

Edited by suskekun222

Remember, both Desolate land and Primordial sea prevent the weather from being changed, so it would be whoever comes out first.

Oops! Was probably thinking about regular Drought and Drizzle as far as overturning each other. owo;; Eh well, I just got it backwards. :U

Each day, you get one random mirage spot. This can be Mirage Island, Mirage Mountain, and a few others. There are multiple of each of these, and they have different Pokémon and items depending on where they appear.

One such island is Crescent Isle, which is where you catch Cresselia.

All of these islands can be shared via StreetPass and Homepass.

~

Separate from those mirage spots are ones the ones that contain legends. Each of these has a separate unlock requirement; Fabled Cave (Reshiram/Zekrom) requires a Pokémon that is level 100 with you, Nameless Cavern (Pixie Trio) requires a max friendship Pokémon in your party, and so on. These canNOT be shared via StreetPass and Homepass.

~

Reshiram, please, oh please, oh please oh please oh pleeeeease be shiny already ;_;

2,186 SRs for Latios done. Numbers aren't looking too bad but I'm still early into the hunt, so not expecting Latios to shine until I reached 6k which is when I got Latias on my Soulsilver. :3c

I don't have the patience for SRing for shiny legends. Took me 3 days to get a decent Timid Latios so I cut my losses and bolted xd.png If Reshiram isn't shiny locked I may try for that, I love the gold rings on it.

I'm really punishing myself in this game. I made a vow to not fight the next gym until my pokemon start disobeying me. Which means, level 10 for first gym, 20 for 2nd, 30 for 3rd, 40 for 4th, 50 for 5th, 60 for 6th, 70 for 7th, and 80 for 8th. It was ok up until 4th gym but after that, getting pokemon up to 50 and higher when the highest level pokemon in the area are level 40 at most, and that being a rare spawn.... this is pain. My team is currently 58 (because Latias was only level THIRTY when you get it meh) 60, 63, 66, 67, and 69. So close for some, so far for others meh meh meh

Where can I buy rare candies already sheesh.

Hmmm actually

*stares at pokemiles* were there rare candies for sale there...?

Has anyone noticed that the legendaries that come from the portals seem to have the same catch rate as back in the "olden days" of RBY/GSC?

It's kind of awesome, but annoying at the same time haha. I got so used to the legendary catch rate being super easy that it was a bit of a shock to go through so many ultra balls and resets to catch anything.

I'm going to be SRing for shiny Ho-oh though (it's not shiny locked, right?). It's one of my favorite shiny legendaries. (Rayquaza is like #1 though. That one is probably shiny locked though boo. I'll have to fire up the original Ruby some day to SR for it.)

I just got Alpha Sapphire on Friday, and have been playing it ever since. I'm taking this game real slowly...as I haven't even battled Roxanne yet. >.>

Edited by Lavaedra

Has anyone noticed that the legendaries that come from the portals seem to have the same catch rate as back in the "olden days" of RBY/GSC?

It's kind of awesome, but annoying at the same time haha. I got so used to the legendary catch rate being super easy that it was a bit of a shock to go through so many ultra balls and resets to catch anything.

I'm going to be SRing for shiny Ho-oh though (it's not shiny locked, right?). It's one of my favorite shiny legendaries. (Rayquaza is like #1 though. That one is probably shiny locked though boo. I'll have to fire up the original Ruby some day to SR for it.)

I saw someone get a shiny Lugia, so I'm assuming Ho-Oh isn't shiny locked. The only legends I'd guess being shiny locked would be Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and Deoxys.

It's currently being assumed that all legendaries can be caught as shiny with the exception of Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and Deoxys, all of whom are believed to be shiny locked. It hasn't yet been confirmed that they are locked, but no concrete proof of them being caught shiny has yet to be produced.

So apparently Primal Kyogre isn't as useful as regular Kyogre, aside from being decent against Primal Groudon when its ability overrides Groudon's.

I think it would have been better if the attack boosts were given to defense and speed, or even just defense or just speed, but it was wasted on attack. :c Well, I shouldn't say wasted. It does have some physical moves. Some. Earthquake is nice, and I suppose if someone really wanted they could run a physical set and use Aqua Tail but it's soooo weak and unreliable with its imperfect accuracy. Why would anyone bother? xU

What about Primal Kyogre with special and physical moves?

hey! i was wondering if you can customize your trainer in oras??? sad.gif

a friend of mine started and i'm not sure how far they got but they said they didn't have any options to customize their trainer's hair and eye color like in x/y.

could someone tell me if you get those options later on or not?? and also is the gameplay as long as x/y or longer or...?

x/y seems so short but had so many features to make up for it. it also came up with like gorgeous legendaries but it was hard to care about them at all because they hardly had any show time, imo.

I think Primal Kyogre is pretty okay, I'll admit the attack buff was absolutely useless because no one in their right mind would ever run physical Kyogre, but the special attack boost Primal Kyogre got absolutely made up for whatever useless buffs it got. Normal modest Kyogre with maxed out SpA and Spd is already a beast if you throw choice specs on it. Primal Kyogre Modest with 252 SpA and 252 Spd is a monster with blue orb and the 30+ SpA it gets. To me its just a better version of what we already have.

Edited by suskekun222

I mean I think mixed sets are sometimes used on regular Kyogre, but I think they usually have Choice Scarves, which are usually more useful. But that's not the point; usually Kyogre thrives on Thunder/Ice Beam/Water Spout, which even Primal Kyogre uses. o3o It could have really used a speed boost, or even defense. I think other than the occasional coverage move like Earthquake, neither Kyogre really uses physical moves, and solely physical sets wouldn't like being burned, though I think the only move that can burn Primal Kyogre would be Scald.

Primal Kyogre doesn't suck, it's just that usually a choice item alternative is more viable is all. Though, regular Kyogre's bane is Primal Groudon.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Ehh Choice specs choice scarves both are good on it, it can live a hit even if it gets outsped, has decent defence but for such a bulky looking Pokemon it could really use more. I agree on the speed thing, maybe with prior set up like webs Kyogre would be able to outspeed Groundon.

Pretty sure Primal Groudon runs the same set, with Origin Pulse slapped in it and sometimes Calm Mind instead of Water Spout. Physical Kyogre might be able to utilize avalanche as well, as coverage. s:

hey! i was wondering if you can customize your trainer in oras??? sad.gif

a friend of mine started and i'm not sure how far they got but they said they didn't have any options to customize their trainer's hair and eye color like in x/y.

could someone tell me if you get those options later on or not?? and also is the gameplay as long as x/y or longer or...?

x/y seems so short but had so many features to make up for it. it also came up with like gorgeous legendaries but it was hard to care about them at all because they hardly had any show time, imo.

Nah you can't customize at all, it kinda blows :L

The gameplay did feel a little bit longer than X/Y but that mighta just been me screwing around with the new features and contests for longer than I should have between doing things |D

Looked over Serebii again. Found out I get Zekrom.....WHY?!

I am so mad....I want a shiny Reshiram darn it!

/steals one from GTS/ I win!

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

Wait why would you be able to customize your trainer in this game? It was never present in the originals and May and Brendan are already established trainers. Hoenn was never really about the "beauty" aspect like Kalos is, so it makes sense it wouldn't have it, even hair/eye/skin color.

I do hope they have it going forward, and I think they will.

---

YES I GET RESHIRAM

I really want Zekrom too, though :c Both of the shinies are awesome!

yeah, that's true that they already have established trainers. outfits that you were able to customize would've been good, though. O: good to know though, thanks Pike Oi

Well you get the contest outfit at least so there's a little bit of variety xd.png

Glad I picked a boy, I never liked magical girls.

Also is it weird that I like to accessorize my pokemon with the balls I catch them with? I just caught Kyogre with a great ball. lD This pleases me.

Also trying to level up my team to 80+ is REALLY REALLY HARD when the highest level pokemon you can find in the wild pre-Victory Road is level 40-something with a rare spawn.

By the way if you have the Eon Flute is there any point in having Fly anymore? Because I might just get rid of Fly altogether and give my pokemon an actual good attack instead.

(I did notice that Fly lets you fly to individual routes in this game!!! FREAKIN FINALLY I WAS WAITING FOR THAT ALL MY LIFE er ok sorry for caps but it really excited me. xd.png I hated having to fly to the nearest city just to have to walk a whole bunch to an area I wanted to go)