LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Minor spoilers:

Well then.

This happened when I was Soaring and found the Nameless Cave, where you get the Pixie Trio (? Not sure if I got the name right. Mesprit/Uxie/Azelf). You get this message whenever you encounter one of these portals. Not worded the best...

EDIT: OH MY GOD THE NIGHT TIME SOARING MUSIC IS AMAZING.

Edited by PieMaster

Yes! Shines!

Good luck with getting the shiny version of Kyogre!

On the other note, i can't trade my starter as i don't have another one, that's why i re-set.

Also, i'm not sure about the underground base thing. If its anything like Diamond n Perl, you get the kit from a mountaineer. ..

I think. dry.gif

o.O That text xd.png , what happened when ya pressed 'yes'?

I'm so slow at playing through my pokemon games... I haven't even reached the first gym! I'm just trying to figure out the radar thingy and making my team the same level before I progress in the story.

Okay, so it turns out trying to figure out when ORAS happened is absolutely impossible.

• The timeline, not taking into account remakes and according to hints in-game and official material, is approximately Gen I and Gen III > 3 years > Gen II and Gen IV > ? years > BW > 2 years > B2W2 > 2 years > Gen VI.
  • A person in a Pokemon Center says that Pokemon Centers used to have two floors ten years ago. Pokemon Centers had two floors in GSC/HGSS, RSE, and DPPt.
  • The Royal Unova is scheduled to be put in use in -- years, implying ORAS is pre-BW. Possibly significantly pre-BW since there were specifically two dashes.
  • The Mauville food court has village sandwiches. In BW, village sandwiches was a small one-woman business operating out of a trailer that hadn't yet moved beyond its starting town let alone to a completely different region, implying ORAS is post-BW.
  • Mauville City is clearly more advanced than it was in RSE and several people mention that it was renovated, implying that ORAS is post-RSE? Even though these are remakes and by definition should really be replacements for RSE???
  • A girl near Fortree mentions that there isn't a fairy-type gym yet, and that she wants to make one before "miss Valerie" does, implying ORAS is pre-XY.
  • The protagonist owns a Wii U somehow
  • Also Colress is mentioned in passing though not in relation to Team Plasma
  • I give up
This is, like... Zelda-levels of time shenanigans. What is actually happening. Edited by Fractional Pi Day

There have been so many shiny legends today it is absolutely crazy! Pretty much the only shiny legends I haven't seen are Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Deoxys. There are a few I haven't seen pictures of, just people saying they got them, but from the looks of things they ALL can be shiny.

I had plans on SRing for a shiny Groudon, but decided that I'd rather go after a shiny Reshiram tongue.gif. It would be stupid of them to lock those particular 4, but this is Gamefreak/Nintendo, they locked legends in previous game, I'm not surprised if they locked those.

~

Well today, I got another new shiny. I was using the DexNav trying to find a regular Marill and the first one I see:

user posted image

was shiny! I swear I don't know where this luck is coming from, but I'll take it! I'm currently using the DexNav to hunt for a shiny Taillow/Skitty, but so far no luck. I AM getting pretty good IVs and moves to make up for it at least.

Edited by Storm_Dragoon

Okay, so it turns out trying to figure out when ORAS happened is absolutely impossible.
  • The timeline, not taking into account remakes and according to hints in-game and official material, is approximately Gen I and Gen III > 3 years > Gen II and Gen IV > ? years > BW > 2 years > B2W2 > 2 years > Gen VI.
  • A person in a Pokemon Center says that Pokemon Centers used to have two floors ten years ago. Pokemon Centers had two floors in GSC/HGSS, RSE, and DPPt.
  • The Royal Unova is scheduled to be put in use in -- years, implying ORAS is pre-BW. Possibly significantly pre-BW since there were specifically two dashes.
  • The Mauville food court has village sandwiches. In BW, village sandwiches was a small one-woman business operating out of a trailer that hadn't yet moved beyond its starting town let alone to a completely different region, implying ORAS is post-BW.
  • Mauville City is clearly more advanced than it was in RSE and several people mention that it was renovated, implying that ORAS is post-RSE? Even though these are remakes and by definition should really be replacements for RSE???
  • A girl near Fortree mentions that there isn't a fairy-type gym yet, and that she wants to make one before "miss Valerie" does, implying ORAS is pre-XY.
  • The protagonist owns a Wii U somehow
  • Also Colress is mentioned in passing though not in relation to Team Plasma
  • I give up
This is, like... Zelda-levels of time shenanigans. What is actually happening.

•I thought it was two years between first and second gen? Maybe it's just my memory failing. But was gen 3 really about the same timeline as gen 1?

•I think that may just be a reference to when RSE were first released, a little more than ten years ago. There are several references to the old games.

•For this point and the next, is possible that the trailer-run business is what started AFTER the Royal Unova was put into use and someone from Hoenn took the village sandwiches to Unova and settled at Village Bridge. They hope to expand the business in Unova since it was popular in Hoenn, maybe?

•I think maybe that's also a reference to the original games. It's also possible that, after trying to make "New Mauville", they gave up and renovated regular Mauville.

•I'm really thinking these games are technically 'pre-XY', especially from that statement.

•I don't think the WiiU means anything other than a real world reference.

•Simply more proof of prequelness.

Honestly this is reminding me of the FNAF timeline and how everyone was super shocked to find out it was a prequel...

I know there are horde encounters but I have NOT found a single one yet. Does anyone know if there's an event that triggers them? I suppose I haven't gotten too far yet, but I've seen that hordes can appear even in the first route but I never came across any. They aren't THAT rare are they? They weren't overly common in X/Y but they weren't rare...

So I already beat OR and the Delta Episode and SPOILERS

This is a parallel timeline to original Hoenn. Zinnia about says it outright.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

So I already beat OR and the Delta Episode and SPOILERS

This is a parallel timeline to original Hoenn. Zinnia about says it outright.

UGH I WAS SORT OF THINKING OF THAT but didn't want to say it because it sounded like a cop out. D:

Village sandwiches was pretty clearly started by that one baker and I'm pretty sure they make references to the sandwiches being originally from Unova as well. Also she's in the same game as the Royal Unova and the cruise actually only opens for business post-game if I remember correctly, so that doesn't really work either.

Clever nods to previous content are a thing I really love (I mean in this specific case I started playing Pokemon during gen 4 so I don't get most of them) but when it creates anachronistic comments like that it really weirds me out. The effect is kind of like... ORAS is somehow replacing RSE and also taking place in the far future at the same time?? Which is Not Okay for my poor math nerd brain.

As for the gen I/III parallel, I found that on bulbapedia. Like I'm not sure what counts as a "trustworthy source" when it comes to Pokemon, but I'm pretty sure bulbapedia hasn't lied to me yet.

@Sci

Hmmm....is your DexNav leveled up?

I ran into one after Winona's gym and my DexNav alerted me.

That makes sense, TCA. I mean Watt talked about making New Mauville better then gave up. I think ORAS Mauville is a product of another invention of Watt's.

Colress wasn't really part of Plasma, he just watched their schemes. He, however, was part of the Genesect experiment iirc.

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

I know there are horde encounters but I have NOT found a single one yet. Does anyone know if there's an event that triggers them? I suppose I haven't gotten too far yet, but I've seen that hordes can appear even in the first route but I never came across any. They aren't THAT rare are they? They weren't overly common in X/Y but they weren't rare...

They're just random, try using sweet scent

I meant without Sweet Scent... (and besides, nothing I currently have has it)

And I've been battling a lot of battles and haven't found any yet. ._.

I didn't think it was tied to the DexNav but that could make sense. I wonder what level it needs to be at?

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Ok I looked up the DexNav info, I was wrong....

What the heck...I heard a sound before I ran into the hoards I did. What was it? 0.0

The timeline as mentioned before in the previous two posts really confuses me. o.o It's all over the place.

Annnd unless ya got the OR/SA on the day and have been playing it since, well done in completing it.

o.O Maybe its an alert sound or something?

user posted image

Not sure if y'alls are interested but here's the QR code for my Secret Base if anybody wants to beat me up and steal my flag c':

user posted image

Not sure if y'alls are interested but here's the QR code for my Secret Base if anybody wants to beat me up and steal my flag c':

ohmy.gif

Were ya get the stuff for the secret base?

ohmy.gif

Were ya get the stuff for the secret base?

I'm not 100% on what you're referring to but

-A guy gives you Secret Power on Route 111 and you can use that to make Secret Bases

-You can make and read QR codes on the lil computer in your Secret Base once you make one

-There's places where you can buy decorations in Slateport, Fortree, and Lilycove, the rest you get by talkin to people in certain places I think

Hope that helps c:

I'm not 100% on what you're referring to but

-A guy gives you Secret Power on Route 111 and you can use that to make Secret Bases

-You can make and read QR codes on the lil computer in your Secret Base once you make one

-There's places where you can buy decorations in Slateport, Fortree, and Lilycove, the rest you get by talkin to people in certain places I think

Hope that helps c:

It dose.

Thank you ^^'

Almost everyone here got the game at least a day after I did and you all have already beaten the main storyline.

Meanwhile i'm sitting here only just walking out of Slateport city lmao

Slow down and enjoy the game a little more, people laugh.gif

I got the game when it came out and I'm not even out of Petalburg Woods yet. :U Still trying to get a Silkoon and otherwise evolving the things I can <3

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I got it when it came out but I've been too busy donkin around with the DexNav and gettin distracted by Secret Base junk and I've only gotten as far as Lilycove (although I'm more than happy to continue stalling to avoid Endless Surfing Adventure Start awhile longer c': )

Edited by Pika_Oi