LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Sooooooooo. Hi people talking about competitive stuff. As usual. How are y'all doing.

Something interesting I noticed: in the ocean museum, there's a model of the Royal Unova, and if you examine it, it says that it's a model of a ship that is planned to be put into operation -- years later (with the dashes being a number too faded out to read). So does this mean that ORAS takes place in the same time frame as the original Gen III games? And presumably the Strange Souvenir from XY does something in this game and XY is clearly set after the BW and DPPt games. Time travel shenanigans?

Well, I didn't get a nature I was hoping for on my Treecko. Still leaning towards wanting to reset more times, but so far it's Gentle and possibly has a few perfect IV stats. It's highly likely its HP is perfect, at least. o3o I think I want to take my chances. The nature doesn't really matter anyway. I'm hoping that he does have some perfect IVs and I can just breed better competitive offspring later.

I have a feeling like ORAS takes time in the past. Maybe not exactly the time of the original games but still seemingly before some of the events of other games? I meant if what Pie said was true, these games at least come before X and Y? I guess?

I was guessing something like that too, but the fact that the player owns a Wii U and that someone with "wacky hair" who appeared to be a scientist is mentioned in the same museum (who I'm believing is Colress because come on his hair is too weird even for the Pokemon world) is really throwing me off.

I'm discussing this with a friend and apparently time travel has always been a thing in Pokemon? But this is seriously weird.

Will PokeBank work with these games?

If so, I won't need help trading up my 4-6IV pokemon I have bred for this game and saved to be moved up. (Shiny Lopunny, Shiny Dragonite and various other legit 5/6IV event legendaries.)

If not, then I will...

Yeah, PokeBank works with em, I transferred everything important over of mine from Y that way yesterday |D

Edited by Pika_Oi

I think ORAS is set in the original 3 Gen.

If you have settled for Gentle, and from what you have stated, it has some perfect IV stats and ya alright with it then that's cool. :3

I've sat here and re-stetted mines until i've gotten a Hasty.

But i got a surprise to, it's a female.

And now i'm re-setting the poochyana tutorial until a certain nature pops up. unsure.gif

o.O I feel silly for doing this, but if i wanna battle my other friend who's a competitive player, i might as well have a team that stands a chance.

Also, is there still a month long waiting line for the registration on the PokeBank? dry.gif

Badly worded question... sorry. unsure.gif

I asked this a while ago but no one has seemed to answer it yet. How do you expand a Secret Base? A friend of mine asked me this and I can't find anything. I know you can remove the huge boulders/rocks in it but I can't recall how.

Also anyone want to add my 3DS'? I will be getting Ruby for Christmas and have Sapphire right now on my Tao 3DS (Psychic Safari). I have both X/Y as well one needs completed yet.

Does anyone know if any of the legends are shiny locked? I'd like to SR for a lot of the legends since most of the non-shiny ones I already have in HG, B2, or Y. I still need to transfer the ones from HG and B2.

Does anyone know if any of the legends are shiny locked? I'd like to SR for a lot of the legends since most of the non-shiny ones I already have in HG, B2, or Y. I still need to transfer the ones from HG and B2.

So far I've seen someone get a shiny Latios and another get a shiny Cresselia, so there's hope that the rest can shine. I can finally get my shiny Zekrom if this is true biggrin.gif.

Anyways, I got two shinies in Omega Ruby, after 1918 SRs I got a shiny Treecko. I named him after my uncle Glen who is currently in the hospital. Hordes are better in this game, after 364 hordes(1820 Pokemon), I got a shiny Zigzagoon who I named Tizzy <3. I've also heard chain fishing is back, as one of my friends fished up a shiny Carvanha.

Can't wait to see what other shinies I get! Really excited about all the possibilities now smile.gif.

Edited by Storm_Dragoon

-laughs at everyone resetting for starters-

-transfers-

I had the idea in mind to just trade away starters I didn't like and fully restarting my game but that would've been a bit of a hassle for me...

-laughs at everyone resetting for starters-

-transfers-

Well I already have them in other games, I just don't transfer my shinies to other games. I prefer keeping them in their original games *shrug*.

~

Anyways, trying to get a Wurmple or a Shroomish from hordes in Petalburg Woods, nothing yet though so I'll keep at it tongue.gif.

Edited by Storm_Dragoon

Really, GameFreak ;_; ? You brought her back? The Lumiose Ghost Girl? I hope we get an explanation on who she is soon >_>

Wow, apparently the legends are not shiny locked! Some guy got a shiny Reshiram(its legit, there's a second person with one!):

https://i.imgur.com/1IuCBUu.jpg

Some guy also got a shiny Regice in 3 SRs

and a shiny Azelf live on stream(http://www.twitch.tv/shinyhunterken1999) so bring on the shiny legends! Zekrom and Reshiram, you will be mine! Edited by Storm_Dragoon

I got a shiny Bellossom, was a Gloom but I evolved it.

OMG SHINY RESHI!! YES! PURPLE FIRE DRAGON OF TRUTH! <3333

Gonna reset for shiny Primal Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza now!

I love this game more now!!!!

Thanks Storm_Dragoon!

OMG yes! I can finally get shiny Rayquaza, Deoxys, and Zekrom! Thanks for the information, Storm_Dragoon!

I dunno, there could still be shiny-locked legends. It's just that some of them aren't locked; in other games, not every legend was shiny locked. I think maybe in X and Y they were, though. I'm glad that Reshiram isn't locked anymore, though! I've been wanting shiny Reshi and Zek for a while now <3

Course I don't think Groudon and Kyogre, or any of the other 3rd gen legends (except Jirachi?) were ever shiny locked. Maybe I'm wrong though?

There was no shiny locking in the orignal Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

The jirachi that you could get from the gamecube bonus disk was not shiny locked as well.

On regards to resetting for starters, I don't like transferring over because at the beginning of the game they get leveled up too fast and then stop obeying you. I prefer at the least to breed in game and raise from egg (haven't made it to daycare) so my in game character is the OT

I like on dexnav that if you use it enough it starts showing stars for perfect IVs on a wild pokemon. This game is beautiful.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Well, I said Jirachi because there was a problem with *legit* shiny event Jirachi being counted as illegal in X/Y, iirc. Might not be from "locking" though, but rather an oversight where the game doesn't thing there can be any legal shinies of it.

OMG really??? I was enjoying the DexNav but now I like it even more!

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I dunno, there could still be shiny-locked legends. It's just that some of them aren't locked; in other games, not every legend was shiny locked. I think maybe in X and Y they were, though. I'm glad that Reshiram isn't locked anymore, though! I've been wanting shiny Reshi and Zek for a while now <3

Course I don't think Groudon and Kyogre, or any of the other 3rd gen legends (except Jirachi?) were ever shiny locked. Maybe I'm wrong though?

Yeah, in X and Y, all were shiny-locked, but in BW, only Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini were. We'll have to wait and see. I JUST WANT SHINY DEOXYS ;_; AND RAYQUAZA *sobs in corner*

They weren't, but that doesn't mean they won't be in the remakes. Shiny locks were new to Gen V, if I remember correctly :3

Shiny locks have always been around. Mew is never able to be legitimately shiny in Gen II, for example. Its IVs were fixed to prevent shininess.

But yes, it seems to be the *main legends* that are usually locked (Resh/Zek, Xer/Yv/Zy). I say "usually" but I mean when locking really became "popular". I'm scared Groudon and Kyogre, possibly even Rayquaza, may end up locked. D:

Well, I said Jirachi because there was a problem with *legit* shiny event Jirachi being counted as illegal in X/Y, iirc. Might not be from "locking" though, but rather an oversight where the game doesn't thing there can be any legal shinies of it.

OMG really??? I was enjoying the DexNav but now I like it even more!

Yes!! If you use it enough times on a certain pokemon (and you have to battle them, doesn't matter if you run/kill/catch), the level goes up. At higher levels you start encountering pokemon that will show the stars and sometimes they have hidden abilities, egg moves, rare items, etc.

The best you can get is 3 stars though from what I've seen. 3 stars = 3 perfect IVs.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

It's nice to know GF is giving a little bit more attention to the competitive crowd! I love it!

And really, it's nice for casuals, too, though I doubt they'd care quite as much. It may make them more likely to become competitive, though.

Standing in front of Kyogre. Now to begin SRing to get shiny, if it is possible while standing in the deepest part of the Cave of Origin. It is isn't it?

Wish me luck!

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

I really hope you do find a shiny! Not only to prove it's not shiny locked, but also because you'll be incredibly lucky and that's worth congratulating!

As much as I don't like regular shiny Groudon too much, I definitely like Primal Groundon's shiny so I think I might try to SR for it and Rayquaza.

Does the RNG trick work and can anyone post any tips for doing it (fairly) successfully? I still have no idea how anyone does it. Me, I just keep resetting until I eventually get bored. D: