LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

So for all of you that are getting shinies so fast laugh.gif Are you using the dexnav a lot? I'm guessing they took out pokeradar :/

Found a shiny Chinchou after searching for them for awhile c':

I think the DexNav probably does have an increased shiny rate because I found my shiny Surskit via that too although I wasn't specifically searching for Surskits that time |D

Maybe it's the same rate as the Friend Safari or something

I don't know though |D

Edited by Pika_Oi

Still soft-resetting for a shiny treecko. Been doing it since the release date. Must... Keep.... Pushing buttons....

Just a heads up guys, there's an update out for ORAS. Apparently it's a bug patch/fix(?)

You'll need to go to the Nintendo E Shop to get it.

Have to find Sootopolis again and further reminded of reasons why this is my least favorite region

I have no idea where I'm going and this is going to take me hours c':

Edit: Nope I think I found it somehow it's a miracle

Wow I didn't even realize there was another route over here

The ocean is huge and confusing and I want to go home c'':

Edited by Pika_Oi

That's the ONLY thing I dislike about Hoenn, finding Sootopolis the first time! I was going around it in circles before I realized I needed to Dive on the ring of Dive spots xd.png

The water routes in general were the bane of my existence as a child because everything looks too similar and it's hard for me to get any kind of semblance of where I'm even going so it took me forever to find things, I think it wasn't quite as bad this time around but I'm still not fond of it |D

(Other than that I'm mostly just really really not into tropical areas or the trumpets so Hoenn just doesn't appeal to me personally and as far as Gen III goes Orre made me a lot happier c': (man what if they remake Colosseum too I would play the hell out of that) )

Edited by Pika_Oi

I had a handy dandy guide book as a kid (er actually I was 13, so as a teen then?) so I got through all the water routes no problem.

Now I just use the internet for maps so I don't get lost in the water.

The Sea Mauville maps were confusing but I managed. I find the sky soaring to be addicting and I use it as often as I can.~

I think even though I had the guide for original Ruby, it was still a pain to get through water routes. There are SO MANY BATTLES, including trainers, so it really wears out your team if you don't have repels. Luckily there is the Black Flute and I believe it's functional again, so if you at least want reduced wild encounters there's that. Or bring a TON of max repels. Not getting into battles really helps you get faster through the vast expanse of ocean.

Not to mention that you at least now always have access to an open map so it gives you a rough idea of where you are.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I think being able to speed through the water on Sharpedo was pretty helpful this time around too

Much faster, less time to lose my bearings, less time having to surf

I'd still rather be in a different region but it's an improvement c':

idk I've always liked Hoenn and its water. I do wish it had more resting stops, though, where you could heal without having to Fly/Teleport/Surf all the way back.

Yeah Hoenn just ain't really my thing but yeah more rest stops would be nice or at very least more to look at than water and rocks and trainers so it's easier to tell where I'm going 'cause I get mixed up really easy like I get that large stretches of water and not much else tend to be a thing in the real ocean but still |D

Edited by Pika_Oi

Just a heads up guys, there's an update out for ORAS. Apparently it's a bug patch/fix(?)

You'll need to go to the Nintendo E Shop to get it.

i can't find it are you sure.

I want to the Nintendo E Shop to get it. but i can't find and i do not how to use those tags thing and i have real game not bought of the Nintendo E Shop.

Edited by Remy400

I want to the Nintendo E Shop to get it. but i can't find and i do not how to use those tags thing and i have real game not bought of the Nintendo E Shop.

-nod- That's how I've been getting patches for my copy of X though, physical cartridge copy.

If you go to the camera function (not Nintendo 3DS camera app, the little camera icon on the home menu), there should be a 'QR scanner' in the left corner, tap that and line up the picture for your game, and that should take you to the E-shop patch?

I'm having so much fun with dexnav that i haven't even gotten to Rustboro yet. A shiny would be nice, but it's just fun to creep up on little innocent Pokemon only to start a battle then run away.

Gotta say I love how the Eon Flute can be used regardless of whether Lati is in your party 'cause being able to fly places even though I rarely have a Fly-capable mon in my party is super convenient |D

*silent screech of rage*

I've been keeping away from Pokemon because it drives me crazy because I'm a completionist and I go to a store and the first thing I see are these games just TAUNTING me. NO. I'm not buying!

I really want them ;___;

*silent screech of rage*

I've been keeping away from Pokemon because it drives me crazy because I'm a completionist and I go to a store and the first thing I see are these games just TAUNTING me. NO. I'm not buying!

I really want them ;___;

Besides event pokemon they designed OR/AS to work with X/Y to provide all the pokemon. All the pokemon.

Even if you only get one of each of the versions, getting the version exclusives (including legendaries) is super easy over global trade if you just put your own up for trade and ask for the corresponding version exclusive.

P.S. Guys, So this isn't the most competitive team (so don't pick me apart too bad tongue.gif ), it's just a group of 'mons I haven't used on a team before (barring Swampert and Shiftry) but I'm stuck on a 6th member, any ideas?

(I'm using a swellow right now for fly when I get it until my bagon evolves all the way or until I get other means to fly)

So far (pretend these are already fully evolved)

Magolor - Swampert: Waterfall, earthquake, ice punch, rain dance (tentative)

Meta Knight - Metagross (clear body): Meteor mash, earthquake, zen headbutt, rock polish

Dyna Blade - Salamence (intimidate): Heatwave, Dragon Dance, Aquatail, Dragon claw

Drawcia - Shiftry (early bird): Leafblade, Foul Play, Extrasensory, Swords Dance

Dark Matter - Weavile: haven't decided on moves yet, I just needed something I could split up the water HMs to (can learn surf) and was still a viable team member and just cool and I kept seeing the weavile avatar on here and it influenced me xd.png

Eh no Skarmory doesn't really have much place there...I would suggest a Fighting or Fairy type of some sort. I was thinking Gardevoir/Gallade or maybe even Medicham. o3o

You're also lacking a little in electricity so maybe an electric type? Then again Gardevoir and Gallade can both learn electric moves, though you're going to want Thunder Punch which you'd have to wait for with Gallade...But you can teach Thunderbolt to Gardevoir! Sadly either one adds another psychic type, but at least Metagross and Gardevoir/Gallade have very different weaknesses and resistances.

Besides event pokemon they designed OR/AS to work with X/Y to provide all the pokemon. All the pokemon.

Even if you only get one of each of the versions, getting the version exclusives (including legendaries) is super easy over global trade if you just put your own up for trade and ask for the corresponding version exclusive.

Oh man but there's so many Pokemon and then there's the shinies and I suck at trading

;v; plus I barely have enough money for one game and a movie on top of that, both of which I really want moreso than OR and AS. Priorities! I shall have to be partially satisfied with images and video footage ;;w;; that mega Rayquaza tho <3