shadow_claw

Pokemon

user posted image

If he had an eyebrow, Darkrai would of certainly raised it as Keldeo stroke a dramatic pose. It would of been cute if Darkrai had the ability to comprehend what was cute in the first place. A lifetime of running around and being attacked by everyone he met didn't exactly give Darkrai time to debate what he thought was adorable. He hadn't had the time to develop feelings on matters that most others would consider trivial. Cresselia had made sure of that. Along with that Darkrai also had little worldly knowledge. He had been to other regions before in an attempt to escape his counterpart's grasp, but he never really learned anything about the regions themselves. Again, he had no time to spare in order to learn of such matters. He was too worried about himself to learn what such things meant.

So when Keldeo said she was in the "Swords of Justice", Darkrai merely blinked in confusion. He hadn't the slightest clue what the Swords of Justice were or anything else about them. He supposed they were popular in whatever region Keldeo was in since she spoke as though she expected Darkrai to know what they were. Seeing as she was young and would most likely explode if he said he didn't know what the Swords were, Darkrai decided to not comment on her little proclamation.

Probably the most interesting of what Keldeo said was how she did not remember Darkrai. He was about to protest, but stopped himself. She appeared to have forgotten everything she said to him prior that day. That lead Darkrai to believe that she was either too injured at the moment for her mind to remember, or Cresselia removed that memory when healing her. The latter was unlikely, but having been chased by Cresselia his entire life, Darkrai did not cross it out. The idea that she had the power to do such a feat was quite illogical, but Darkrai hardly trusted her and believed that she would conduct such an act.

"It is probably best that you do not remember," Darkrai said shyly as Keldeo bounced up to him, her eyes shining. "People in this region tend to... investigate whoever claims to know me. I'd rather spare you the trouble of having the lake guardians who someone else sniffing at you all because you know of me. It would be rather unpleasant, I'd expect."

user posted image

"Patience," Uxie smiled. "It's fine. He'll be back soon, I'm sure." She paused. Nothing had really happened while she was asleep - surely that wouldn't change just because she stepped out for a bit? "We can go explore, if you want. Floaroma's nice this time of year. Oh, and I haven't been to Iron Island in a while. We can even visit some other regions?" Her tails swished in excitement. She hadn't studied any of the other regions at length. She'd been to Unova, very briefly, back in the days when Arceus often descended to give them missions - but that hadn't been enough time for her to even see many of the species, let alone the geography or landmarks. And there were so many legendary Pokemon out there that she hasn't even met. "I mean - oh, right, you probably don't want to stand there while I get distracted by pretty rocks." She smiled, a little embarrassed. This was for Mesprit, and she'd be driven crazy if they had to stay in the same place for too long. It was fortunate Lake Verity was usually peaceful. All of their lakes were, really. "Flower picking offer still stands, though."

user posted image

And with a swish, Darkrai was gone, leaving Cresselia alone with her thoughts. She sat there, not sure what to do with this new information, for a full minute. She - Arceus couldn't have been wrong for this long. This was some sort of plot that she hadn't managed to see through yet. She was not an expert at finding flaws in deceptions - but neither was Darkrai at creating them. She stared down at the grass. But wasn't this how it always had been? How it was supposed to be. An unending chase, with black and white clear-cut. Or was that just something she had spent her life convincing herself of? She rose unsteadily from her position in the clearing and headed quietly toward the conversation.

Keldeo didn't seem to remember Darkrai, Cresselia noted from her position near the trees. She was probably completely visible to anyone who cared to turn their head - hiding had always been Darkrai's specialty. The conversation was completely civil so far. Her thoughts were so contradictory and jagged that she stopped thinking at all, just leaned against a tree trunk and watched.

((Reposting to relocate Groudon to Sinnoh.))

Bright sunlight begins to beam down on the Sinnoh mainland as a massive red figure emerged from the volcano.

user posted image

Groudon climbed out of a fissure that he slept at the night before. With him was a Camerupt and a Magmortar. Groudon turned to his companions, "I told you that I can't just make a volcano here. The lava will flow into the ocean and tick Kyogre off, then Rayquaza will get involved... I've dealt with them enough." He stopped with a grunt. He was getting tired of all these requests for more land here, hotter temperature here, more volcanoes here. Last week it was a hoard of Trapinch wanting the desert they lived in to be bigger, Groudon growled at the memory of them attacking because he refused. "This sunlight is what you get for now. You want lava here, ask Kyogre." The other two left with a sigh. Groudon made his was to the plains by the forest and looked up. A nice getaway from Hoenn. If I'm lucky I'll find Heatran... at least then I'll have someone to talk to. Groudon made his way away from the fissure, the sunlight on the region increased enough for most on Sinnoh to notice.

Edited by Dotzrus

user posted image

Victini giggled. "Okay, do you want me to teleport us there?" she asked with a big smile. Victini then thought back to when she first visited Berry Forest. A Drapion attacked her, but she was quickly rescued by a Zoroark. Hopefully, Jirachi's visit would be nothing like her visit.

user posted image

Yveltal soon landed on the ground with a loud thud, breathing heavily from her long flight. She scanned the horizon for any threats before going up to a pond and started drinking to become refreshed. Hopefully, she was in Unova right now. She yawned before going up to a nearby sitrus berry bush and started eating some sitrus berries.

user posted image

"Oh adventure! Why did I not think of that? Sister! Let's go exploring!" Mesprit was flying about the cave excitedly, twirling and spinning as she moved in circles around Uxie. "We can make new friends then. Ones who aren't so mean to me and more entertaining to play with!" She took hold of her sister's hands, already trying to guide her out of the cave. After a moment, she released her sister's hands and rushed outside, leaving Uxie to follow at her own pace.

In the sunlight, Mesprit paused. "Is it brighter to you? How strange. The glow of sunlight reflected from the snow almost made it too painful to have her pink eyes open. She had gotten used to the brightness long before but, why did it hurt now? Surely, the sunlight couldn't have intensified. Had it? Shaking her head, she attributed it to having been in the cave and out of the sunlight for too long. "Which direction should we go? There's more land to the southwest and ocean in the other directions. Maybe we can go in a combination of directions!"

user posted image

The sunlight intensified immediately, something Heatran was attuned to. Her eyes popped open just as the powerful rays began their journey around her body. Heatran popped up on all fours and stretched, much like a cat or dog. It seems like Groudon finally decided to take that trip to Sinnoh. Groudon was probably Heatrans favorite person to be around; she trusted him and only revealed her true personality to him. Heatran quickly looked at her appearance, and noticed that the berries did their job and healed her.

After looking at her self, she quickly scuttled around, and eventually down the mountain. She passed by the arrogant Keldeo, and for the first time she noticed, Darkrai. Cresselia was somewhere nearby too. But, alas, she didn't care about them for the time being. She went to go find the source of the sunlight. Groudon. Eventually, she saw the giant red pokemon wandering towards her. "Hello. What brings you to Sinnoh? Had enough of the sky serpent, or perhaps the whale under water?"

((Heatran is officially on mission Gaining Groudon's Heart! ))

user posted image

Groudon smiled as he saw his longtime friend Heatran scuttle towards him. Not much for moving around from region to region, the question Heatran presented was one he wasn't accustomed to answering. Looking at his friend, he spoke up in his usual deep voice, "Mostly both I would say. While Rayquaza is always the hero to break up fights, he's fair. As for Kyogre... I'm not one to hold a grudge. It's hard to say the reason for coming here is to avoid them. When your big, red, and the source of global warming, it's hard to avoid anyone without climbing into a volcano and hiding in pools of magma."

Groudon huffed at his own joke. Heatran was a good friend and a powerful ally. Unfortunately she would not help much in a fight with Kyogre, but against others, they made a good team. Groudon heard stories from others of her temper, ferocity, and power in a fight, but whenever he was around her, she seemed happy and friendly."And how are you Heatran? Last time I showed up, you were fast asleep in that volcano off the coast. All the action is out here in the sun."

user posted image

Heatran let out a small chuckle as soon as she heard his little joke. It related to both of them, well, mostly. "I'm fine. Y'know, I have to sleep and regenerate my powers." She couldn't think of much to say. "I'm still here if you ever need someone to fight with, or tag team against someone with. Heatran was trying to hint at Kyogre, even know they both knew she couldn't help much in a battle between Groudon and Kyogre. She'd probably get blasted off by Kyogre and probably would just be a factor Groudon would try to protect.

" Or perhaps, I could travel back to Hoenn with you and help you with your problems there." She could easily handle being a watchtower or a defender for Groudon while he was busy with other pokemon. Of course, if Groudon agreed Heatran would have to retrieve the magma stone from where it was hidden. That'd risk the chance of it getting stolen or lost, causing Heatran to make several volcanoes and go on rampages.

user posted image

Groudon was happy to hear Heatran's willingness to help him around since he obviously had a much greater responsibility than she did with the continents and all. He calmly replied, "No it's quite alright. So far Kyogre and I have been on equal ground... or sea level. Either way we have avoided a conflict so far and I think we both agreed that is the best way to leave it." He ended with a sigh. The balance between land and sea has been a constant struggle with both sides winning and losing on different scenarios. If it got really bad, Rayquaza was there to end it before lives were lost.

Shaking his head and refocusing on his friend, Groudon spoke with a smile, "There is no need for you to help me with Hoenn. It is my home and no one knows the land there better." He perked up at an idea and then leaned down to Heatran, "If you want to help out, you can make my time here more relaxing. I'm not needed in Hoenn anytime soon, so you can show me a "Day in the life of Heatran"."

user posted image

Of course he doesn't want me in Hoenn! Should've seen that coming. But it was good that Kyogre and Groudon hadn't been fighting lately. Heatran didn't have anyone to fight with, or be opposites of. She was just there. She did have the occasional challenger or wanderer come into her territory, but that wasn't everlasting. She was snapped back to the conversation when Groudon said something along the lines of 'Day in the life of Heatran'.

"Well, I don't do anything much or spectacular. I sit around Stark maintaining magma levels and foraging for food" She said this as she slowly turned around and started walking to Stark. "Although, I had a pony figure come challenge me just earlier today. And Darkrai and Cresselia seem to be around my domain. Heatran was about to start rattling on before she stopped herself.

user posted image

Groudon looked at Heatran confused at the mention of other legends nearby. Cresselia and Darkrai... I'm going to have problems sleeping around here... He started to walk at Heatran's pace next to her. Groudon felt at home with her since her body gave off lava-like heat that he was accustomed to living in. He thoughts returned to his trip to Sinnoh and getting away from Hoenn for the time.

"A pony you say? I'm sure you showed it it's place." Groudon said this with a smile. He had confidence in her fighting ability even when out-typed, and a pony really didn't sound threatening.

user posted image

Uxie turned and gave her sister A Look - both because and made more difficult by the fact that her eyes were still shut. "Mesprit, you know I don't see." The sky was outside of her sensing range, and she had been known to neglect the existence of day and night in favour of studying. Or sleeping. "It does seem warmer, though. Perhaps it's just a weather phenomenon." She shrugged. "But yes, there's quite a bit of land. Not sure how we'd go in multiple directions at once, though. Care to demonstrate?" She grinned.

user posted image

Keldeo was, of course, not from the specific region Darkrai was talking about. Between her former training and currently pulverizing anything in her path, gossip tended not to travel very far in her direction. Even common mythology and lore from other regions eluded her. She only knew pokemon that were strong and she wanted to beat up. It was…selective learning. But she was still smart enough for the shining in her eyes to fade slightly. "Why?" She replied although most of her brain had already jumped to a conclusion for the reasoning behind Darkrai's grim words. Her wide smile was replaced by a frown. She didn't exactly know this strange pokemon but if she was a Sword of Justice, she had to act like one! She defended pokemon against needless bullying!

Her left, forward hoof dug into the ground and she stood up a bit taller to look the creature in the eye. "Unpleasant? I defend pokemon! If someone is unjustly hurting you, just tell me." She reared up again and dramatically swept her hooves to the sides in a wide arc, eventually bringing them up over her head. "I'll knock them off their block!" She chirped happily, a triumphant snort coming from her nose. She looked at the Darkrai expectantly, not dropping from her pose as she waited for him to comply and point her in the direction of someone wrongly or unjustly attacking him.

user posted image

"Yeah, yeah!" Jirachi replied joyously, very glad his friend was taking him somewhere. Especially a place called the Berry Forest. Why, it just sounded delicious! He couldn't wait to get there and have fun. Maybe nobody would recognize him in the other region. Maybe he'd actually be able to have fun without looking over his shoulder all the time to make sure someone wasn't sneaking up on him. "I want to go now! Before I get tired again."

user posted image

Suicune glanced at Raikou then turned back to Ho-Oh. The bird was on their side. That was such a relief. But he really had to be going. Time was of the essence. He tucked one leg close to his chest and bowed to the great bird. "I will make sure that Lugia's pool is in my visits. I am sure I have ventured there at least once. But I really must be moving on, now. I must strike the next region now. Kanto, I think. While Mewtwo is not there."

Edited by pudding

user posted image

Keldeo's reaction was, the least to say, surprising to Darkrai. Wonder fixated on Darkrai's feature as his mind went blank with astonishment. Few had every tried to help the Pitch Black pokemon. Those who had done so were ignorantly young and soon backed out of their vows to help once they learned who they were dealing with. It was always... gratifying to hear someone ask if he needed help or he was okay. No one who know exactly who Darkrai was asked that. Even though he knew the words would soon be reclaimed in exchange for much more vile ones, it was always something of a treat to hear someone say they cared about Darkrai's well being.

The same sensation of gratefulness and charming delight filled Darkrai as Keldeo spoke of her pledge. He was taken aback both physically and mentally. He had not expect Keldeo to say such words and hearing them come out of her mouth was both relieving and disturbing. If Keldeo didn't know who Darkrai was, then maybe most others in her region didn't either! If that was the case, than maybe only Sinnoh and some parts of the neighboring regions knew of him. With that said, why was there an island made to contain him if his area of influence was so small? Why was Cresselia set upon locking him away if he only harmed one region? Even Darkrai knew of a few legendaries who held international influence, some of them even reigning in Sinnoh itself. Why would he be such a hunted target if he did very little harm?

"I thank you for the offer," Darkrai said as he regained his composure. "But I'm afraid there is nothing you can do to help me. Those who pursue me are not without their reasons. Some are just, and some are pitiful. I have committed acts that are not in the benefit of this region, I shall admit, but the extent of these acts are not as great as some may think. I will not say I have not done wrong, for truly, I have sinned, but the visions and perspective of the situation have become so warped that people have begun to accuse me of acts to such magnitudes in which I am physically unable to commit. I thank you for your kind words, but I am far too gone. You cannot assist me, no one can. It'd probably be best if you-"

Darkrai did not get a chance to continue. Out of nowhere, the sunlight intensified as though the sun itself had suddenly shaken itself from a half awake state. Being a creature of darkness, Darkrai cringed at the light and flinched into the darkness, shoving himself away from Keldeo. Only a moment later did Darkrai see Heatran suddenly strut behind Keldeo, completely ignored the three strangers in her forest, and began speaking rather loudly to someone Darkrai only vaguely.

"What is the earth shaker doing here?" Darkrai whispered silently to himself. Completely forgetting Keldeo, Darkrai listened in silence as the two began chatting with one another. Darkrai eavesdropped quite often, mostly because he had to in order to survive, but now, he was doing it because he was terrified. Groudon was a horrid specimen with his massive size and dark past. The last thing Darkrai wanted to do was get on his bad side. Darkrai didn't know exactly why Groudon was in Sinnoh, but his imagination led him to believe Heatran had noticed his presence and decided that she did not wish to tolerate him. This thought was quickly dismissed but brought back just as quickly as Heatran mentioned both his and Cresselia's name. With fear stabbing through his heart, Darkrai submitted himself and began to back up into the forest. He cared not for his conversation with Keldeo anymore, nor did he mind Cresselia. He just knew he had to get away from the dangerous entity before him. That was exactly what he did. Disappearing into the underbrush, Darkrai began to flee from the scene, not caring where he ended up.

Edited by Doctortear

user posted image

"Yes, I showed the equine its place. A bit of disgust found its way into her words towards the end. The pony had given her a problem. It had taken all her will not to hyper beam the young pony into oblivion. A slight cringe came across her face, although Groudon was looking away at the time. "Apparently she is in the Swords of Justice, and that appears to be a trio from Unova. Although she couldn't use Sacred Sword."

Heatran was nearly half Groudons height, although she was no where near in power levels. "Have you had any scuffles lately?" She said this just as Heatran led them through a detour so they could avoid Keldeo and the now-disappeared Darkrai. "This is my home, Stark. The only volcano in Sinnoh, and home to many different pokemon."

((Heatran, what does the Pokedex say about his power level? It's OVER 9000!!! + 1 Premier Ball as a gift.))

user posted image

Groudon paused in thought at the mention of "Swords of Justice". The Unova trio, nothing like the Regis of Hoenn I would think. Shrugging it off as the least of his problems, he continued to let himself be escorted by Heatran. He looked down at her when asked about fights recently. Thinking about the problem groups, he replied, "Many on Hoenn push for change, but it's nothing I can't deal with. Small and weak feel that fighting the strong will make them strong, it only kills them. I remind others of that when I spare them."

It has been a long time since the ancient times of creation. Rage, war, and imbalance covered the earth. Groudon remembered how different he was, merciless, cold, and a body of pure power. While his skill in fighting and power has not changed, he has opened up, helped others, and even made friends like Heatran. When she introduced her home, Groudon smiled, "No need for introduce me. I know every rock, hill, mountain, and volcano on the planet, even one's made by you or other legends. No I am very familiar with Stark, but I'm happy to see it alongside a friendly face."

user posted image

"Okay," Victini said, taking Jirachi's paws very gently. "This might tingle for a few seconds, especially if you never had teleported before." Victini closed her eyes before thinking of the Berry Forest so she could use her teleportation to teleport her and Jirachi. She then blinked her eyes open to reveal that she was now in Berry Forest with Jirachi.

user posted image

Ho-Oh nodded before getting an idea. "I'll try to keep everyone off of you Suicune," he said. "Don't wait up for me." With that, Ho-Oh took to the sky once again.

user posted image

Genesect was now walking once again, deciding to cancel his plans to Kalos. He was happy to look around another region for once! He almost smacked himself, he had visited another region before he was moved to Unova. The Kanto region, now that he remembered.

user posted image

Heatran noticed the Continent Pokemon pause, then continue on. He went on to say something else about the weak pokemon of Hoenn encouraging and battling for change. Even though Heatran knew Groudon could easily dispatch of the numerous weaker beings attacking him, she feared that he'd get overwhelmed. After all, even legendaries could get overwhelmed. "Perhaps this signals that the world may change in the nearby future." She had replied, then looked at the volcano she kept home.

Groudon also mentioned Stark Mountain and it along with Heatran herself. "I will stand alongside my home and my beliefs for eternity." With that she began pondering with what Groudon said along with the previous statement. 'He may know every single hole that a Buneary digs, but I am the living embodiment of the core. I have a stronger connection to volcanoes than one will ever know. Although Groudon comes close to sharing this feeling and connection. ' The thought rushed into her head, but was dismissed with disgust. It showed true hatred and rage for something, and she didn't know what. It plagued her mind for a few moments, and then it just subsided. 'I know fear something very bad is about to happen. She couldn't place her finger on it.

user posted image

Groudon looked down at Heatran when she spoke. Nothing she said was false. "As the land masses change, so do those who live on it. The same goes for those in the water." He looked at Stark Mountain and sighed, "It is also my home... this planet is my home. As long as Arceus feels I should stay alive, I will do my part here."

He felt their talk was dampening the mood of his visit. He reached over and grabbed a tree branch. Breaking it off, he started to draw a picture in the soil. Once done he stepped back to show Heatran. It was a childish picture of Groudon and Heatran swimming in a pool of magma. "Kyogre never appreciated my drawings, so I made land forms that looked beautiful, but then he gets mad that I made more land."

user posted image

Heatran was confused as Groudon plucked a tree branch off a tree and began drawing. She chuckled softly at the drawing he drew. It seemed like it was plucked right out of their childhood. If they knew each other as children. Or if they were even children at all. Heatran couldn't remember at all. He mentioned Kyogre not appreciating his drawings and getting mad. The Land/Ocean system was obviously very, very fragile. "Are the tensions between you and Kyogre still high? Or have they lowered? Sorry if this is obvious, but I have my own duties here in Sinnoh."

user posted image

Groudon looked at the sun, taking in it's friendly rays that were with him anytime he was outside. He then looked back down to Heatran ready to answer. "Recently, they have calmed. I have done my part to avoid conflict with Kyogre. I hope he is just as respectful. Unfortunately it is harder to check up on him without making him mad. He hides in the deep oceans with the ability to pop his head out whenever he needs to speak with me. After that he dives again. I wouldn't call it a tension, more like unhealthy communication. If anything, talking might have solved many of our fights... but I'm not blaming him."

Groudon recalled the last time they clashed...

"I am just as much to blame, I act differently around him, more aggressive. Almost like my body is telling me to fight him even though my mind says it's not worth it... before long we fight, land vs. sea, sun vs. rain. We have each lost, by when there is a tie... you get Rayquaza." He shrugged. The green dragon is so aloof to the troubles of surface life. If it wasn't for us creating storms when we fight, he wouldn't know about them, and one of us might be dead by now.

user posted image

Uxie turned and gave her sister A Look - both because and made more difficult by the fact that her eyes were still shut. "Mesprit, you know I don't see." The sky was outside of her sensing range, and she had been known to neglect the existence of day and night in favour of studying. Or sleeping. "It does seem warmer, though. Perhaps it's just a weather phenomenon." She shrugged. "But yes, there's quite a bit of land. Not sure how we'd go in multiple directions at once, though. Care to demonstrate?" She grinned.

user posted image

Mesprit paid no mind to the "look" her sister gave, focusing on trying to make sense of the warmer sunlight instead. "Oh, you know! Heading northeast or southwest. Either that or heading in one direction for a time before turning and heading another!" she stated, moving in a circle around Uxie. Coming to a halt, she idly flipped upside down, ignoring as her pink "hair" flopped over. "Do you think there are other lake Guardians like us? Arceus knows, there's so many friends we haven't even met yet!" Flipping right-side-up again, she started moving in a random direction, not really knowing which way led to which regions.

((I'd prefer it if you take a legendary as well if you take a Skarmory.))

Expression as blank as always, Giratina seemed to wilt visibly. He couldn't help it; he was lonely. It was so horribly boring to be able to do nothing but watch the world go by. The urge to either enter the world of life or drag something into his world was getting stronger by the day. He was just so...so lonely. The serpent-like creature sighed heavily and nudged the nearest bubble away with his nose. Of...course. I shouldn't hold you here, brother. You should...go and be with the real world. I'll remain here...

user posted image

Palkia couldn't help but feel guilty as his brother visibly wane away from the bubble at his words. He always felt like he was obliged to help Giratina through his hard times. Palkia did not like to see his brother suffer and personally thought that he deserved some sort of companion through his time in banishment. But, alas, it could not be so. Father served justice, but only so that it was cold and hard. His word was final and he saw every action he took to be holy. He would not have Giratina free and happy for the life of him. If he even thought that his judgement could be considering with flaws, he'd do everything in his power to make sure he was truly infallible. Still, that was little reason for Palkia to not visit Giratina often.

"Oh, brother," Palkia said gently as he gazed as his sibling longingly. Unable to hold back the urge for physical contact any longer, he pressed his forehead against Giratina's; softly enough so the banished one would not feel as though he was attacked, but firm enough to let the feeling of physical contact sink in.

"Know you are never alone," Palkia cooed smoothly. "Have you the urge to gather some companionship, hesitate not to call me, m-kay?" With that said, Palkia slowly removed himself from his brother's grasp and began to back away into the newly created pink portal behind him. He kept his gaze on his brother until the portal completely consumed him, not wanting to waste a single second in making his brother feel even the slightest bit loved.

A heavy sigh escaped Palkia as the Distortion World disappeared from view and a new portal, one showing the Other World appeared. Palkia knew he needed to spend more time with his brother, but there was little for him to do. He could visit, but it was never enough. Giratina needed someone with him 24/7 and Palkia just couldn't manage that. Stepping through the new portal, Palkia found himself at the edge of a pool. A light breeze clung to his body and his great head swung forward, sunlight beaming into it. He recognized the area to be Hoenn almost instantly. Partially because he knew the world in great detail and partially because he could see a green dot in the sky far off into the distance. It wasn't the best region to pop into but it was far from the worse. Dunking down his head, Palkia began to lap up the water in the pool before him, sucking in great quantities of water. It was easy to see the small body of water slowly drain downward as Palkia drank from it. He was a huge creature with great needs. It wouldn't be surprising if he drank the entire small pool down and still found himself thirsty.