Layn

Adult dragons can "guard" eggs and hatchies

I don't really like the purple one.... To me the antennae's are like ribbons, they just flow they can't activally use them against others.

I still think it should be Shield Dragons only. I mean, what would an adult mint be able to do to defend our eggs? xd.png

A mint could hide the egg someplace where it couldn't be seen. That is what a mint could do to protect an egg. Guarding should not be limited to only the guardian dragons. That would put those who don't collect guardians at a disadvantage. That has been discussed before in this thread.

yeah...... some people, for whatever reason, only want to collect dragons of a certain color, or only get two of each type, or focus on breeding whites, or splits, or something. Why force them to collect guardians when that is not how they would like to play the game? Big shields aren't the only way to guard something.

I like this idea.

Some of those guard details in the first post are lovely/awesome.

I'd like to vote a general Yea for this move. I find nothing wrong with it.

I read this a while ago, and thought it was interesting. But after having someone threaten (and attempt to) click my new (and first ever) silver egg to death this afternoon, I REALLY want to see this implemented. It wouldn't matter how to me, but it would make me feel better knowing that more was protecting my egg than just a cloud of fog. sad.gif

I support this to stop malicious killings!

Here are my description ideas:

black: as you approach the egg you hear a fierce roar and notice a large silhouette advancing towards you. You decide to leave

white: you could have sworn an egg was where you were looking... maybe that weird white light had something to do with it.

water: you turn to look at the egg when water splashes you in the face, the previously calm lake now raging! a menacing serpent creature is visible below.

magi: you're about to look at the egg to your left when a beautiful orange light appears. the light changes shape, forming the words "leave". you take the hint.

Guardian: you head towards a gray-rock wall, when suddenly it starts shaking and you hear growling up above, knowing your not wanted you leave.

Should we have a vote to see which descriptions for which dragons are most popular?

I was thinking having a vote, after we somehow get TJ to express an opinion on the thread.

Neither here nor there but I remember when this happened to the OP :/

And I'm personally always concerned that when I pick up eggs from the AP that some grandparent is going to "help out" and kill my eggs by mistake.

Edit:

Guardian: you head towards a gray-rock wall, when suddenly it starts shaking and you hear growling up above, knowing you're not wanted you leave.

Typo wink.gif

Edit 2: Reworded to avoid the drama.

Edited by sureq

I think this is an amazing idea! I have never had an egg die in my care, but I have heard several cases of this happening. Plus, it makes the dragons seem "more real," and gives you a real reason to want to collect more of them. Not only that, but those who are capable enough to raise many dragons have their future babies' lives pretty much assurred, or at least they will have a very low morality rate.

Maybe this could go with the Dragon abilities.

But this could be the one ability every dragon has.

I think we really do need the allowed sites list option that was suggested. Maybe that option only shows up when you have your scroll set up as no help wanted?

A thought about this occurred to me, the phrases that people have been coming up with only show up when someone actually clicks on the egg right? What will you do about those times when no one is actually clicking on the egg? The warning messages won't pop up then will they when it's just an image in a sig? are you going to have a different image pop up in it's place?

Edited by Ahkalia

probably.

I'm trying to hold off on any more creations of silly phrases until TJ actually says something. In all however many pages this thread has of posts, not one involves TJ giving any opinion on the idea.

It's both a great idea, and can also be used as a defalt ability for a dragons special ability! (refering to breed specfic actions thread)

nah, Breed Actions is for actions specific to a breed. This is for all adults, and has been since long before the Breed Actions thread. You don't have to be a Guardian dragon to protect something.

Just for grins, I decided to make a scary fog image that could maybe be used to replace the normal egg or hatchling sprite when the guarding feature activates. user posted image

Edited by Ahkalia

I'm looking at this idea, and I love it. It allows newbies to make mistakes, which is part of the process, but is great against malicious killings.

I personally agree with the suggestion that you choose to only get views from sites you know. Its a nice way to control views, and it cuts down an angry killings since they can't do it at all....great idea!

Oh, and Ahkalia? Awesome scary fog eyes.