Layn

Adult dragons can "guard" eggs and hatchies

Hm, I think I just came up with a good one!

Neglected: You head for the egg/hatchling (it is possible to turn a hatchie into one, but it's hard), but suddenly, there is a foul, ugly creature behind it. It raises its paw/foot/hoof, but instead of squashing you, it flaps its paw/foot/hoof. You are blown away.

I confess. I read you list of reasons that your view would be turned away and some of them are funny! I'd want to find a code just so I could get one of those messages! Which completely defeats the purpose. LOL

I think this should instead be a BSA for Guardian dragons.

I agree with that. But i have a few of my own

Guardian of Nature: The Closer you get to this egg the moe you feel like something big is watching you. You decied its best not to go near the egg.

Guardian of Nature 2: You get close to a egg then just as you about to grab it Lighting hits behind it and a giant dragon appears after the strike. You decied it best to run before it see you

Guardian: You get close tyo the egg and all of a sudden a large dragon appears behind it with a sheild for a tail. You decied to run off a fast as you can.

How about this?

Magma-You reach for the egg/hatchling, but as soon as you touch it, your hand starts burning. You jerk it away, fearing that you may burn up.

Good idea! smile.gif

However, instead of having a different message for the eggs, I think every egg, no matter what type, will get the same mesage. For example, "There is an adult dragon guarding this egg, and no matter how much effort you give, you are unable to see it.

Also, maybe it can work like, when you get ten dragons, 10 percent of people who view your egg will get the guarded message. When you get 17 dragons, 17 percent. Same with 30, 35, and so on. But however many dragons you get, I think the limit should be 50 percent. After all, the dragons can't do all the work.

I like this.

I think it's what the dragons would do anyway, if they were real.

Meaning, looking after and protecting their babies or their fellow "scroll mates" babies too. ^^

read this, checked my eggs and hatchlings and my 2010 christmas dragon egg that I was gunna hatch and it had soft shell sad.gif I had to fog it. P.S. good idea. I SUPPORT.

I like this idea as well. Is it even being considered by TJ?

I agree, I read through half the pages here looking for a response from TJ on this... I couldn't read anymore cause it was making my head hurt... 9SO MANY WORDS!!! XP )

Anywho, I really love this idea, I've never gotten an egg sick but I am paranoid and this would ease my fears.... smile.gif

sounds good, but maybe this should only be a breed specific action for guardians, that way there would be a little risk still.

I think this is a good idea, but if you look at the site, it should be limited to only a few dragons, and only one dragon to an egg, and fogging does help, because even on high traffic sites you still can't see it.

I like it smile.gif

Ember: A large dragon with glowing markings starts growling and advancing toward you, you quickly leave before it can get too close.

Thunder: As you reach out to touch the egg/hatchling, an arc of lighting strikes the ground in front of your feet. You decide not to try your luck again.

Ice: You walk towards the egg/hatchling but your path is blocked by a wall of thick ice, distorting the view of what is on the other side.

Magi: As you reach out to touch the egg/hatchling, a powerful bolt of magic throws you backward.

Vine: As you approach the egg/hatchling, several large vines start moving towards you and attempt to coil around you. You quickly shake them off and retreat.

On the hypothetical Situation, isn't there an option in your account saying that you accept the aid of others, can't you just turn that off so no one else does anything bad to make it have extremely high views.

On the hypothetical Situation, isn't there an option in your account saying that you accept the aid of others, can't you just turn that off so no one else does anything bad to make it have extremely high views.

Just because you say you don't want help doesn't mean someone mad that you took 'their dragon' won't view-bomb it out of spite. The system can't differentiate between views you ask for and ones you don't.

I'm in love with this idea. o-o I've never been bomb-viewed...but anybody who has been...it must suck. People are so mean.

Personally, I wouldn't mind it being a Guardian dragon BSA. I have over 500 dragons on my scroll, so with that number my protection would be greater. I think that should be limited. 500% safety? My eggs would never die from over-viewing.

Although, I think that most of those 'protective' or the 'aggressive' breeds should have Guard as an alt BSA. Because if only the Guardians have them, what if you didn't really like guardians and thus didn't get many. You shouldn't have to worry about your eggs dying just because you don't like one species of dragon.

I have some ideas:

GoN: you attempt to view the egg, but then something seems to be glowing in the distance... suddenly a circle of magma forms around the egg as it gets cold and a few bolts of lightning come down from the sky, you run for your life.

holly: you attempt to view the egg, but then a huge holly leave hits you with it's spikes, feeling as though you've been visited by a mean spirit of christmas, you run.

silver: you attempt to view the egg, but then, in a huge flash of light and what seemed like metal, you look down and see the egg has dissapeared

black marrow: you attempt to view the egg, but then, without warning, a huge birdlike creature comes out of nowhere and begins trying to attack you, you decide to run for your life as it takes the egg away

chicken: you begin to look at the egg, but then, a chicken decides to sit on it, you walk away yelling angerly at the chicken

leetle tree*: you begin to view the egg, but a leetle tree just fell on it, you look around for someone with an axe but see noone, and walk away purely confused

nocturne: you view the egg, and as night falls, you think about leaving, but don't, but you quickly change your mind as what seemed to be a statue of a dragon roars to life and take the egg and lifts it into the sky

vampire: you view the egg very closely, but then, a sharp feeling protrudes your arm, as you look down at it, you see two holes in it, and you feel very lightheaded now...

whiptail: you attempt to view the egg, but then, you feel something hit your arm like a whip and wrap around it, you're taken away from it at high speeds, and never see it again

spitfire: you look at the egg, but, then, you feel a sensation on your leg, you look down at it and see a blue fire starting on it, as you stop drop and roll you noctice something has come to take the egg, and left behind a trail of blue fire

water walker: when you approach this egg, you notice something floating on the water, maybe it'd be a good idea to turn back...

cheese: you look at the egg thinking it'd make a good snack, but then, out of the corner of your eye, you find a bigger one, you walk ovr to it wanting to eat it...

paper: you need writing paper, so as you pick up this egg, something comes down and lands next to you, you decide more writing paper is better, so you follow it into a cave...

*leetle trees don't get put in ERs ever, but if you have a leetle tree, there is a 50% chance of having it fall on your egg and defend it

I think this is a great idea! And I think that it shouldn't be limited to the more aggressive dragons, since I think that a more docile dragon still could protect the eggs/ hatchlings.

But there could be another way for this to work out, if instead, the egg's code was destroyed and given a new one once it exited the AP, it'd be impossible for the person to guess the code, and thus they couldn't post it on several sites.

But I also have a suggestion for this, most dragons that don't already have one will have guard, but these dragons have different capibilities, the guardians will have the strongest, a 95% chance of saving the egg while maybe a black and some more aggresive breeds will have 90%, while the mint will have somethign like a 65%?

Edited by GUYUGKUYG

I think this is a good idea.

I favor the passive approach, since it's only designed to protect against killing views, and I'd rather have that be automatic. If the amount of views wouldn't be enough to cross the 'deadly' threshold, then this wouldn't go into effect. It's not the same as someone accidentally letting their egg get softshell and die. The amount of views is really not comparable, I would think.

I would think keeping it simple with a single line about an adult dragon guarding the egg from view would be easier than remembering to add a new line every time a new dragon is added to the site. ^^; Of course, people like to come up with descriptions and such, so it could just be one more thing a proposed dragon would have to have to be added to the completed list. I like the different flavor text, I'm just thinking of the idea of simplicity.

this is a really nice idea smile.gif

it would really help eggs killed with a bad intention biggrin.gif

does this guarantee that eggs will be safeguarded, or is there a chance of failure?