Layn

Adult dragons can "guard" eggs and hatchies

okay smile.gif if you'll go to the reaper thread and give me comments... I'd sort of like crits on the wing I just shaded while I wait for kurai's head redlines, but there's kind of a flame war going on, and my update is being ignored....

Neglected: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but as you near it, you start to feel very sick and disoriented. Best to back off.

Earth: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a jagged rift suddenly opens up in the ground, preventing you from getting any closer.

Magi: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a sudden wave of disembodied force pushes you back, leaving you feeling dizzy and farther from the egg/hatchling than you started.

Christmas: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but then you hear something jingling far overhead, and you get sidetracked. (Okay, this one fails.)

Spring: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but you can't find it in the pink blossoms that cover the ground.

Summer: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but you can't find it in the tall grass that covers the ground.

Winter: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but you can't find it in the fresh snow that covers the ground.

Grey: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a bolt of lightning crashes to the ground in front of you, and a furious roar echoes in the distance. Better run for it!

Red: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a blazing bolt of fire barely misses your face, accompanied by a furious roar. You'd better run for your life!

Water: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but something dark shifts in the pool of water next to it, making you feel uneasy. You decide to leave.

Edited by Dianacat777

Hate double posting, but you'd miss these new onse if I edited my previous post, so...

Skywing: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but an ominous shadow passes over you as something swoops low overhead, and you can hear growling. It would be best to do something else.

Guardian: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a teal dragon steps forth and places its shieldlike tail in front of it, protecting it from you. Judging from its stern glare, it wants you to leave.

Vine: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but the thorned vines next to it rustle, and then shoot upwards out of the ground, lashing furiously at you. Run away!

Silver: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a flash of harsh silvery light temporarily blinds you, and when you recover, the the egg/hatchling has been whisked away.

Gold: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a flash of harsh golden light temporarily blinds you, and when you recover, the the egg/hatchling has been whisked away.

Edited by Dianacat777

*sighs and waits for kurai to make reaper head redlines*

After I'm done shading the body, if she hasn't posted anything I'm going to start making changes myself. need to remove all the stray black lines that I said "I'll just change them to the proper color later" and shade the legs

Black: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but something growls, and you see green eyes flash - a powerful black dragon is standing guard over this egg. You decide not to take any chances.

Mint: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but something small and green darts out of a nearby bush and whisks it away.

Dino: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but you hear loud, heavy footsteps echoing in the distance, getting closer. You turn and leave before whatever is making those footsteps finds you.

Chicken: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but all you can find is a chicken sitting on something.

Pink/Purple: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a motherly-looking dragon is curled around it, glaring balefully at you. It might be best to go away.

Very nice! I'll try some myself...

Vine: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a vine snaps at your hand, and more vines pop out of the darkness. You decide to run for it.

Split: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but four red eyes glare at you. One head snaps at your hand, while the other head barricades itself in front of the egg/hatchling.

Guardian: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a large tail shield is suddenly placed in front of it. The dragon growls protectively. You better run!

Gold: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but you are blinded by the sun rising on a gold dragon. Disoriented, you decide to leave.

Undead: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a foul stench rushes you. You decide to leave.

Silver: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a very shiny tail snaps at you. You better run!

Skywing: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a flash of white and blue flies around you in a circle quickly. You decide to leave as it makes the circle smaller and smaller.

Edit: AWW! I didn't see Diana's new ones. Sorry!

Edited by Zovesta

Very nice! I'll try some myself...

Vine: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a vine snaps at your hand, and more vines pop out of the darkness. You decide to run for it.

Split: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but four red eyes glare at you. One head snaps at your hand, while the other head barricades itself in front of the egg/hatchling.

Guardian: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a large tail shield is suddenly placed in front of it. The dragon growls protectively. You better run!

Gold: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but you are blinded by the sun rising on a gold dragon. Disoriented, you decide to leave.

Undead: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a foul stench rushes you. You decide to leave.

Silver: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a very shiny tail snaps at you. You better run!

Skywing: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a flash of white and blue flies around you in a circle quickly. You decide to leave as it makes the circle smaller and smaller.

Edit: AWW! I didn't see Diana's new ones. Sorry!

It's not a competition, lol. xd.png

Hmm, I never did do an undead one. (I cannot see a zombie guarding an egg, rofl). Or a split.

Zombie: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but you are overcome by the stench of decay and rot, and something horrible shifts in the gloom, staring balefully at you with scarlet eyes. You run for your life!

Split: You try to near the egg/hatchling, but a dragon head ducks down in front of it, snarling. Startled, you jump to the side, and another head comes down, blocking your path to the egg again, its teeth bared. You turn and flee the enraged dragon.

Thanks!

What haven't I done yet? =P

Oh, and I fixed something on the split one. (sorry to make you keep updating, rofl) 'blocking your path to the egg/hatchling again'

lol.

Lalala, tackling challenge of pushing the file size limit on the Reaper.....

it won't take effect at all until someone has many adults, because it isn't intended to keep new people from killing their babies out of stupidity. rather, it's meant to counter intentional killing. if it protected everything, it would essentially prevent view poisoning from ever happening. TJ wants view poisoning to exist. so this couldn't completely counter it.

Okay, here are my suggestions:

Vine: You attempt to view the egg/hatchling, but there's a thicket surrounding it.

Guardian: You attempt to view the egg, but just as you approach it, a bright blue dragon jumps out of nowhere and swings a large metal shield at you. You quickly run away.

Black: You attemp to view the egg, but it is hidden in pitch black shadows.

I only read the first post, so forgive me if this has already been brought up, but these are all about what happens when someone clicks on them. What are you going to do when someone posts them somewhere and they just get viewed? Not clicks? All those messages seem to be for when someone clicks on them. Am I missing something?

I love this idea, but I can see one drawback. People would want to click/view them so that they can see all they diffrent protective names. That'll put stress on the server, I think.

Mint: A bush dashes off with the egg. Weird. you could have sworn that bush had a mint colored tail.

I just thought that since mints are shy they might use a disguise so they don't have to show themselves. That and it's cute. tongue.gif

I think this is a rather cute idea. I've been hearing a lot about people killing others' eggs (which I see no point in) and I'd like to see something come up and prevent that from happening. smile.gif