Layn

Adult dragons can "guard" eggs and hatchies

I like the idea! When might we see it?

Silly, it has to be approved XD

I think this is a great idea. I am worried that someone, if I ever (XD) get a rare egg like gold or silver, ect., that someone will kill it from anger. It's a very noobish and a sore loser thing to do, and I don't want it happening to me.

One little thing- what about frozen hatchlings? For practical purposes they are adults- descriptions mostly- so would they be able to protect?

Very cute idea. ^^

This happened to my first rare -an autumn (if that counts)- so yes, I'd like this feature implemented. The only thing I can think of is making it Guardians only, as in having a high number of Guardians to increase protection. :3 MASSIVE coding fail though. :\

shouldnt be that big of a coding fail though shoud it,

IF unique views or clicks orwhatever = or greater than X number per Y timeframe THEN divert link to Z dragon..

This happened to my first rare -an autumn (if that counts)- so yes, I'd like this feature implemented. The only thing I can think of is making it Guardians only, as in having a high number of Guardians to increase protection. :3 MASSIVE coding fail though. :\

I think they are planning on making it all dragons, since there isn't any reason why they couldn't help, and some people may not want to collect guardians for different reasons.

I think they are planning on making it all dragons, since there isn't any reason why they couldn't help, and some people may not want to collect guardians for different reasons.

yes... and I added a third choice. If (site pinging link) is not on list, divert link to X dragno.

I'm loving this idea. It makes adults of a greater use besides breeding. It's like mercy that protects an egg from an accidental/unintended view surge.

accidental, no. I don't want this to be proof from accidents; you SHOULD be encouraged not to post your eggs on high traffic sites, because too many views will kill an egg. But intentional murdering by some third party should be blocked.

I just thought of something else. There could be a feature, similar to "accepting aid" or "show account" labelled "allowed spots" that would take the user to a page where they could enter websites that they are going to post their eggs on. If their eggs are posted somewhere else, THAT'S when the guarding takes effect.

I definitely like this idea of your's Sabbita.

I think this is a good idea especially as it seems intended to keep others from being able to intentionally kill your eggs just because they didn't get it.

The system you describe has some good blocks in place to prevent the egg from dying simply from owner error.

As someone fairly new and rather overprotective anyway, I can see how this would work, while at the same time not preventing their death if I make a mistake.

I know I would be furious and very upset if someone else killed my babies on purpose. While if it was my own fault I would be sad, but know that I can learn from the experience of what I did wrong.

yeah. the first two ideas, of making a certain number of adults provide protection, assumes that by the time an owner GETS that many adults, they will know better than to post their eggs and hatchlings on a high traffic site. The third allows you to set where you're posting them, and triggers when the eggs are posted somewhere you haven't set.

How about a warning for the pwner, too? I mean something like "To your suprise, you find (XY (one of the svcroll owner's dragons) guarding this egg/hatchling. Maybe he/she senses a danger you haven't spotted yet" But after a while the dragon goes away and if the owner doesn't do anything, the egg/hatchling would get sick as usual.

((I've heard a sad story when the third party has on purpose linked the LINK of the eggs without the picture and killed alll the eggs with too many clicks without any views. ninja.gif ))

One little thing- what about frozen hatchlings?  For practical purposes they are adults- descriptions mostly- so would they be able to protect?

Very cute idea. ^^

Somehow I doubt a pint size dragon would be much protection to another pint sized dragon. blink.gif

Edited by Geobreeder

One little thing- what about frozen hatchlings?  For practical purposes they are adults- descriptions mostly- so would they be able to protect?

Very cute idea. ^^

Somehow I doubt a pint size dragon would be much protection to another pint sized dragon. blink.gif

that would also cause people to stack frozen hatchlings, as they are faster to get than adults, just for the sake of guarding.

I always view the hachl;is (sorru snw =pjotographs handsnfrozen unable t writen well edit later to normal) as never growing up sov can't be as bstrong s a full grown nadult.

arghn now god gotnto wait fr hands to war, up..., sad.gif

Sorry abotu thids post...

Edit:

Aw much better the life's returned to my hands.

Translation:

I always view the frozen hacthlings as never growing up so never gain the adult strength in any way.

Edited by Geobreeder

I agree that Shield dragons should be able to guard. It would be interesting... I guess... as I don't even have one of those dragons. dry.gif I agree that frozen hatchlings wouldn't do much good. Like, maybe they can remove some of the hurt for the eggs, but not the other hatchlings. I mean, honestly, a tiny dragon protecting a slightly tinier dragon.

of course Guardians can guard... just the others can guard too.....

I think that the guardian assignment thingy should:

>only turn on at night in your area ( use teh timezones!)

>only turn on during the day at critical view level

>only last 2 days at a time

>have a code the user enters to disarm it (like a security system. It will keep account hackers from hacking unless you're strangling them)

This sounds good.

Text:

Silver: you attempt to approach the egg/hatchling, but a veil of silver light that burns to the touch surrounds it. "what is the password?" a voice calls. It seems to come from the light.

Right code: you give the information asked of you, and the veil of silver light dissipates

Wrong code: You hear a growl.The growl gets louder, and you hear the light-voice scream, "BEGONE!" You decide to take heed and run.

Magi: you attempt to approach the egg/hatchling, but an orange aura pushes you back. "Speak the entrance spell." a voice commands. It seems to come from the aura.

Right code: you speak the spell, and the orange aura fades away.

Wrong code: You hear a growl. the orange aura forms the shape of a great orange claw. you hear the Aura voice yell, "leave this place!" You decide to take heed and run.

Season/winter: you attempt to approach the egg/hatchling, but a ring of icicles blocks your path. "tell me the code" a voice whispers. It seems to come from the icicles.

Right code: you give the code, and the ring of icicles melts.

Wrong code: You hear a growl. The icicles start to fly at you. you hear the icicle voice hiss, "go away. go away for your own good" You decide to take heed and run.

what would a code do? if the guarding is activated, it means that the view would harm the egg. why would you WANT to give a deadly view a code to be received?

what would a code do? if the guarding is activated, it means that the view would harm the egg. why would you WANT to give a deadly view a code to be received?

For night time. If you have a bunch of true tested trusted friends, give 'em the code. Night time activation= always. NMW.

Edited by minkymy

I think so. but it's meant to protect from malicious people, not sure why you would turn it off.

I would turn it off. I don't feel like there's enough malicious egg killings to have it turned on. And it could prevent me from doing some of my experiments.

Here's some guard suggestions:

Guardian: You attempt to approach the egg/hatchling, but a large shield lowers infront of the egg before you can get a glimpse of it.

Seasonal/Winter: You attempt to approach the egg/hatchling, but a sharp icicle falls from the top of the cave mere inches from you. You decide to leave.

Purple: You attempt to approach the egg/hatchling, but yellow antennae-like things swoop down attempting to hit you. You run away before the whip-like object can hit you.

Water: You attempt to approach the egg/hatchling, but water from the nearby lake gets splashed on you, and you see a pair of gray eyes glaring at you. You decide to run for it.