Clown_of_God

Ascension - A Race Against Time

((Because the Great Star hasn't set and training lasts as long as the Great Star is above the horizon.))

( I know but it's like uh I need help *halfway kills matt* stop challenging me I'm busy xd.png it's just funny to me)

Mical's breathing was still shallow, still painful. He hadn't ever experienced the amount of pain he was feeling right now. Every action he took hurt throughout his body, including the involuntary actions. Still, he managed to turn his head to the citadel, and was amazed at what he saw. The others were fighting, Roxy, Matt and Ansger. But that was to be expected, given the nature of their powers. Panting for a little bit, he quickly began to stumble into realizations, his eyes widened. While he couldn't control an element like them, he had the next best thing, summoning. Slowly, he got up and walked towards his notebook. It took him a few minute, the bloody thing had managed to get blow some distance away. Once he got to it, he pulled out a pencil and began to draw. He had an idea, something small, mobile and capable of firing blasts of energy. His scene was a very rough one, several small serpent wyrms flying about, one firing a bolt of energy from its mouth. Once he was confident enough, he began to run towards the citadel, holding the notebook in front of him.

He hoped the woman still thought he was down, he needed the element of surprise. As he ran towards her, dozen and dozens of the flying serpents swarmed out of the notebook. Some took to the skies, circling around the citadel while another batch fly towards the woman, firing beams of energy at her.

"This has gone on long enough!" He called out, his voice still showing his pain as he teleported towards the top, furiously drawing another item on his notebook. He couldn't stand it any longer, he didn't want to just watch them get hurt anymore, so he was going to try his best to take some of the heat off them, instead of running.

((Yay, Mical is the last one to join in, now that she's not distracted, he might actually get horribly injured land a hit.))

Edited by Lore_Master

"Dammit.." Ansgar coughed, managing to spit out that phrase in between his gasps for air while he was human. For once, he hadn't been able to leap away from the full blast of her fist. In fact, he had really not expected that sort of ability from her. Yet when she said she was the Reaper, things finally made sense.

Death. The finality of all things. Entropy. Omega. Every single living thing in the world faced him - or rather, her - from the moment they took their first breath to the moment their hearts began to slow down to a halt. In most stories, the Reaper was said to be cloaked in the souls of the Damned, those who did not deserve the afterlife, who deserved nothing but eternal pain as nothing more than a shroud covering the one who had caused their end.

Order and chaos were the two immortal forces of the universe, far more immortal than the gods themselves could ever hope to be. Order, in this case, was Ansgar's human form, the one which he had grown accustomed to. It was whatever people took on as their form. It was the physical form of their coalesced chaos, the energy which made them live. This energy had no true form. It was the bio-electric current, and the chaos of the nervous system which possessed it was the only thing which made things live.

This energy also took on the form of what a person called a "soul". Energy like that was pure energy, energy of sentience and emotion. Souls were gathered by the Reaper whenever she took those fated for death. What happened to them afterward was up to the Gods to judge - at least, in the old days. Many gods, like Anubis, judged them on the weight of their souls.

Those souls had weighed the Reaper - the Seer - down for eons. He didn't doubt this form was only a fraction more than what she could do. She was the end of the universe. Before him was no simple woman - though no one would think that due to her abilities - but the very end of the universe itself, the Horsewoman of Death, the servant of chaos but also the harbinger of order.

Because Death is the final order that resolves the chaos of a person's life. Death is an undeniable certainty even though people try for years to postpone it without success. Medical technology could extend one's lifespan but even if they were immortal other outside things could still end their lives. Yet, Death teaches everyone to value their existences, just as this woman was doing to him now. Though he always believed enjoying life was taking it as it came, it was also valuing it the most while also using it to defend others. This woman wasn't trying to teach him to become stronger or more superior - those were the very things she was trying to pull from him, beat out of him, show him that there was a force far more superior than he could ever hope to be.

She was giving him the knowledge of his power while also giving him the knowledge of the absolute truth - he could never and would never defeat Death. Gods would fall to it just as men did, and just as they had always done. No matter what flashy abilities he shot from his hands or manipulated his body with, one day, this woman would collect his soul. Whether that day was today or eons from now mattered not to her. He was sure. Death is always patient, as she has learned to be from years of practice and deliberation. The training they were undertaking was simply for the sheer purpose of abuse in order to make them learn respect, perhaps. Yet, he'd long given up trying to decipher her true reasoning. That was all he had to go on.

But if she WAS the Reaper, her abilities probably weren't limited to time alone. But he could not leave this place for it was the only one he felt accepted in and yet he could not continue this endless routine of abuse from who he now believed to be the Reaper of Souls. What did she want to hear? Did she have an amount of time set until she would consider them ready? Did she even have a plan at all? What was she ACTUALLY looking for? What was he supposed to say in order for her to finally tell him that he had found out what she was trying to accomplish, so that she would stop?

He really did NOT want to develop some sort of Stockholme Syndrome bull****. Regardless of if it was cool or not, he was still being tossed around like a ragdoll. True, he had accepted this challenge, so he couldn't be angry at her. Still, he felt derision against her as well as silent fury.

Once she returned him to his energy form, he frowned, immediately rematerializing.

"How kind of you to show me a slight bit of compassion." he said coldly, straightening his jacket. "Now it all makes sense."

He sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Patience. You're teaching us the very thing you've used for several thousands of years to prevent yourself from ending the life of anything with a fragment of a soul." He held his arms loosely by his sides, frowning slightly. "Humility. We will never best Death and so we should not focus on power alone for it will only increase your own hold over us. Strength. With every destructive impact you land, you prove to us that our bodies can still become powerful and resilient. Wisdom. The act of having power and refusing to abuse it, even though your own is the mightiest of them all."

Ansgar wiped off his sleeves in a nonchalant fashion.

"If what you say is true, you're almost like Hel, Goddess of the Underworld. Is that your true name?" he asked politely now, looking at her with scrutiny. "It doesn't matter, I guess. Whatever your real name is, if you're being honest, then I won't even need to say it when you come to find me one day when I'm nearing the end of my days."

He sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"Then I guess I'm meant to just die of hyperactivity and excitement, then. I can't help myself. My energy powers are dependent upon my mood and my own personal energy levels. That also means they leak. They're unstable. I have to wear rubber gloves just to be able to touch things at all. I tried to control the output many times before but my body just produces too much of it at once. I actually knew I was destined to die earlier than everyone else, even if I'm a god when it happens."

He kicked the ground solemnly, smiling lightly.

"That's why I ask people questions and act interested in all that they do. My lifespan is shorter than most other people so I wanted to enjoy every waking moment of it. I talk more than I should so I can get all my ideas out before my brain stops working on me. I fight with resolve because I know every battle where I use my powers could be my last. They leak too much. Either that, or I may just not be actually trying to plug the holes, so to speak."

He scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

"That's another reason why I want to be a good God to people. If I can help a lot of people out, help them learn what I'm learning, and guide them to a proper path, then I think my life would have some fulfillment right? Rather than a quick night of depression, my life would be a great sunrise of prosperity. I would have done something meaningful."

He rolled out his shoulders, unsheathing Jupiter.

"But that also means that I don't give up on what I'm doing no matter how much I'm going to get my ass kicked." he said boldly, face stern. "Until you're done and think I'm prepared, I'll do what Tom Petty said to do. I won't back down."

He smirked lightly, baring the twin lightning blades aggressively. No matter how many times she beat him into the ground, he would stand back up and fight her again and again in an endless cycle of hopeless war between two individuals. Every time he got back up, he'd raise his head a little higher, and prove to her his resilience.

(i am assuming because i fixed the link that i am accepted ok? if not i will delete this post.)

After Luke was done with school and noticed that note he went to his apartment started to make himself some dinner as he keeps reading the note he keeps wondering who wrote this and put it on his desk because no one talks to him let alone leave him notes. So as he finishes his dinner he keeps staring at the note pondering who sent him this.

(((You could have just mentioned that it was a 1 on 1 fight. You didn't have to freeze her and keep me locked -.-)))

(((Hey. I've seen that picture before. It tends to be a popular one for character appearances)))

"Again!", the personal trainer yelled, cracking the "training assistance stick" close to her head. Roxious, being 10 now, stood panting with her hands on her knees. She had been doing drills with her powers for over eight hours now. Mostly it was making small rocks attract other small rocks. Today was the day that changed. She was learning how to make huge boulders light enough for he to push. The goal was that she could roll a large rock up a hill without much effort. This task took both physical strength and control of her powers, two things she did not have. She watched in vain as the rock rolled back down the the bottom of the hill and slam into the cliff face below. A tear of frustration rolled down Rocheek as the leather rod cracked the back of her legs. She cried out and dropped to her knees, her tears flowed more freely with the assistance of the bleeding gash on her calf. She rose to her feet but not without another crack of the training assistance stick behind her.

The memory was painful to Roxy, both emotional and physical, A tear formed in the corner of her frozen eye. Rage burned in her belly and her hair began to turn blood red to match her mood.

With her training done for the day, Roxous's body ached as she walked back to her living quarters. Hers was one of the biggest living accommodations on the comet. She walked into her room and switched on the light. On the bed rested a single, messy tart with a candle crammed in the middle. She looked around the rest of the room, expecting to see her mom and sister trying to hide under the table or in the curtains. Much to her dismay, she was alone. She carefully picked up the tart and saw that a single folded sheet of paper sat under the plate. She unfolded it and her heart sank. A vast majority of the page long letter was blacked out with thick marker, a precaution that the Consilium took to keep her blind to what was going on outside of the palace. The only words that she could still read was "We love you and very proud of you" then her mother's and sister's name followed.

She read that line over and over. She read it so long that the candle on her little cake had nearly burned down to nothing, leaving a puddle of wax on the treat. She lowered the note and sat down on the edge of her bed. She picked up the the plate and brought it to her face, "Happy Birthday Roxous", she said softly as she blew out the candle.

Roxy moved her finger. It was a tiny flex, her index curling to touch her palm. It was very, imposiablly slow. But that tiny, painfully slow movement woke her up. Her mind was no longer trapped in a timeless limbo. She became very aware of what was going on in front of her. The Seer was mindlessly pummeling Ansger into the dirt. A black shadow sudden;y shot out from behind her. It must have been Matt. This annoyed her. That shadow kid was using her frozen body as a shield so he could attack the Seer. At this time her hair had finished shifting to the Deep red color. She took this window of freedom to jack up her density some more. Her feet cracked the stone floor under her extreme weight. As her density went up, time around her began to slow down. Smaller objects in the room began to orbit her body. She was regaining movement in her fingers and toes but that was it, the rest of her was still frozen. She still had her mind thought. The best part was that her mind is what controlled her powers. Slowly, Roxy began to fade from view. She collapsed the space between herself and the door on the opposite end of the room and as she did so, her body left the physical position she was rooted at while, simultaneously, moving to another position in space. When she reached the other end of the room, she was free of the seer's power. This phenomenon was similar to what she observed while watching a super massive black hole devour a space mall a few months back. She did not skip a beat, she was out the door before anyone noticed she moved.

Once outside, Roxy returned her density to that of a twenty seven year old woman and looked at the sun in the sky. She shrugged, "It's worth a shot I guess", she said, spreading her hands out to her sides, "See a loophole, use a loophole I guess". Using her power, she felt deep into the core of the planet. She could feet the rotation, the mass hurdling through space at a million miles an hour. She was getting in turn with the forces at play and getting her position on the planet down in her head. Using this information, she set to work. Blood trickled down her face as her nose began to bleed again. Her breathing became strained as she increased the rotation of the planet. face away from me, face away from me, face away from me... became a driving chant in her mind as the planet began to do as she asked. She blocked out all outside information as the ringing in her ears censored everything but what she was doing. Slowly, her shadow began to change position and began to point further east.

(((Theory of relativity and all smile.gif )))

Edited by padfoot

((Nice, nice, but your loophole is... well, I'll just post.))

Before I could answer the young electric user, or even respond to the shadow child, I felt something shift. My hood blew off as the energy around me spiked tremendously, my skin practically turning pure gold and my hair turning to the color of sand. Shooting outside, I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth together as I concentrated. Raising both my arms parallel to the ground, I released my clenched fists and everything just stopped.

Birds and beasts of the air, trapped in mid flight. The wind halted and ceased to blow. Even the rays of sunlight became a visible streak through the air as everything just stopped. Rotating my hands, I reverted what the gravity girl had done to my world and in the same instant I brought her to face me.

Rather than anger or any displeased emotion reflecting off my face, I stood there void of any emotion. Hollow eyes stared into hers and I restrained myself from attacking her in any fashion.

"I know you all aren't aware of our rules as gods, but disturbing natural order can cause an imbalance in this world and drastically change its fate. Your loophole could've killed dozens of species, simply because you wanted to end the day quicker. Or am I wrong to assume that was your motive behind this event? Turn the planet to where the Great Star would set sooner and the fighting would be over. Yet, what about the countless species who require such a time frame to acquire the necessary nutrition they need for the day? Nocturnal species wouldn't have had sufficient rest, creatures of the day wouldn't have been able to get all the food they needed. There would've been a detrimental imbalance with their internal clocks. Simply, do not interfere with the natural balance of the multiverse unless it is for the betterment of all species involved."

(Int that redundant since the seer "turned anything, living creatures trees and grass" other than the gids and cathedral to dust and Ash so if I'm correct there aren't any animals left alive that need any of the stuff she just mentioned)

((Rather than make a redundant OoC post about how you feel, why not have pad's character actually ask the Seer how what she does differs from the destruction the Seer causes.))

(( What you guys don't know about Zakku is that the man doesn't make mistakes. I don't want to continue the OOC but I want to make sure everyone knows what I know after years of working with the guy.

Zakku is a calculated man. He doesn't make paragraphs or statements without prior information. ))

(((alright alright. No need for passive-aggressive-ness)))

Roxy stopped what she was doing and increased her density and raised her arms to protect her face. The hit never came. She lowered her guard a bit and noticed that she was just blankly staring and scolding her. She lowered her arms to listen what she had to say and she wiped the blood from her nose with the back of her hand. When she finished talking, Roxy looked down then back up at her, "Well...I'm sorry", she said, meaning it for once in her life, "But didn't you vaporize all life on this planet?". She thought about it as soon as she said it and slapped her forehead, "Wait, you can just turn back the clock, Duh,", she said, "Wait, does that mean that you can just fix anything that we censorkip.gif up? Or is it more like a Some-things-can-be-reversed-but-others-can't kinda thing?" The ground below Roxy's feet cracked. She shook her head, "Never mind, Just tell me", she said finally.

(((I'll just bite and get it over with)))

Edited by padfoot

Matt wasn't sure as to what was going on as his shadow armor formed spikes off of his fists and back. He was looking around as the world spun one way then the other. He was slightly disoriented and he had to fall to a knee to keep steady. His eyes were back to normal though only his eyes could be seen his entire body otherwise covered in shadows. Once steady he stood back up walking over to the seer as she spoke "you killed everything on the island doesn't ending this day make sense then you'd be able to bring back the animals then they won't have to worry about being killed."

as Luke was still studying this letter he decided that it would help no one just staring at this thing he went to his computer and was researching if there is any reference to this language; because he figured that even if it was a joke at least the person who wrote it needed to use some type of real language dead or not. but as he continued to conduct his research he found that there was no language on his planet. so as he left the library and headed to his favorite spot on the tallest hill of town. as he got up there and the laid back on the tree and took a quick nap.

"Yes, I can restore most of everything that's been destroyed to its original state. As if nothing had ever happened to it in the first time. Of course, I can't undo what fate has taken away. If it was time for it to be destroyed, or killed, then it won't come back no matter how hard I try."

My mind wandered back to when I was young, back when I had no idea what all I could accomplish with my abilities. It was a time I wish I didn't remember, but it's what drives me to prevent something like it ever happening again.

My friend had fallen in a clash with another god and I attempted to restore him prior to his death, but no matter what I did his clock wouldn't reset. 00:00 flashed in my eyes as I tried numerous times to revive him.

Althorin was his name, god of mercy and judgement, as the mortals called him. He was kind and helped me grow as a youngling myself at the time. There were many things he had taught me, like; how to fight, how to hold back, when to be passive, when to be aggressive, how to be compassionate, how to be forgiving, how to be strict, and so much more.

He had saved me on countless occasions, but I couldn't even save him once. His fate had been sealed with one small action and there was no changing his future. Maybe if I had seen it coming, maybe if my abilities had been more mature, I could have saved him.

Looking back at the young gravity girl, I let my energy recede to a calmer state and sighed heavily. Maybe the young shadow user was right in that training should be halted for the day. Yet, that path looked grim and I didn't want to risk making the wrong choice.

"The Sprytes will have a meal prepared for you in half an hour. Rest for the time being and greet your sister when she arrives. I'm going to make some preparations for this evening's training session. If it pleases you, none of you will be facing me, rather you will be facing each other. I recommend you go all out or the training won't serve any purpose. Just... don't kill each other."

------

Nikki looked in amazement as she stood at the entrance of a massive citadel-type building. So far, this had been the only building she had run into since travelling to this, what she had thought, desolate planet. As she entered the building, she could hear a bunch of ruckus occurring through the halls, but pondered on whether or not she should investigate. Right now, she just wanted to lay in an actual bed, shower, and get some food. Assuming there was any here in the first place.

Slinging her bag over her shoulder, Nikki walked up a spiral staircase and began to wander about the building looking for the bedrooms. First thing she wanted to do was take a long nap, rejuvenate all the energy she had spent walking aimlessly through the thick underbrush of the forests. If anything, she'd just pass out on the floor.

as Luke woke up from his nap he felt this force drawing him somewhere but he didn't understand who or what was doing this. He came to a ship yard and spent every last dime he ever made to purchase a ship and then he flew off because that feeling still would not leave him alone. So as he was going through space that feeling was getting stronger; still not knowing where he was going he spotted a planet that didn't seem to be on the galactic positioning system. So he flew closer to the planet and the closer he came to it the more that feeling was reassuring him that he was going the right way. But at the last second the gravity pulled him in and he lost control and before he knew it he crashed, as he struggles to get out he noticed some people far away from him and try to let out a cry for help not knowing if they heard him before he passed out.

Ansgar frowned, disappointed.

"Hey, just because I started talking depressingly doesn't mean I don't want to continue, you know." he said, scratching the back of his head. "But, hey, if that's what everyone else wants, then what the hell."

He turned for a moment before looking back at the Seer.

"If we're taking a break, then you know what that means, madame Hel." he grinned mischievously. "I have even more questions to ask but I think I'm gonna make the attempt to ask the really important ones."

He thought for a moment.

"Alright, well, the really important one is this: Just how many gods have come here before us? And also, why is our training so rushed? You seem like there's some sort of...pffft Deadline!"

He suddenly realized the pun he was about to make before he made it and couldn't help but chuckle. However, he soon regained his composure.

"I think that'll do it for now anyway. In any case, I think I'm going to train with my two swords for a little bit tonight. It's obvious I need to be a lot faster. That's what I need to focus on."

Roxy smiled and touched the seer on the shoulder, "Thank you for not wailing on me", she said with a smile. She looked to the others, "Well if anyone wants to play later then come find me. I'll be around", she said with a grin. She vanished from where she was standing without another word.

A baseball sailed over the planet's surface at imposable speeds. It nearly sailed out of sight before Roxy brought it back by forcing it through a wormhole. She tossed the ball over her head and whacked it with extreme velocity. The wooden bat's crack echoed across the quiet planet and the ball shot off into the sky again. It was peaceful really. Blowing off some steam at the end of a long day with some classic baseball. Thats what the guy at the bazaar said when he sold her the set. It was a popular sport on some planets and the rules seemed simple enough. Roxy would be the best at that game. She knew it considering she could knock a ball into orbit. She lit a sublima and stuck it in the corner of her mouth. She stuck out her hand and returned the ball back. She repeated the process, losing herself in her own thoughts.

Matt was relieved to hear that they were getting a break. He smiled softly and ended up sitting in the forest at first doing nothing. He decided to practice a little but have fun as well. He concentrated hard and made ten humanoid shadows that were capable of most things humans were but they were no where near as smart and matt always needed a portion of focus on them to keep hem from melting back into just shadows. He came up beside roxy watching the baseball sail like a comet out towards outer space before reappearing in her hand. "hey, you want to play a small game of baseball or something? 6v6" He pointed to the ten shadow players and smiled softly, if he could keep concentration on them while playing baseball it will help him do other things with ease and make his multitasking ability stronger which would help tremendously with his powers

Roxy hesitated her swing when she heard Matt say something from behind her. the baseball dropped to the ground and rolled away. He had asked if she wanted to play baseball, "Don't know how to play", she said with a shrug, "this is just fun". She raised her eyebrow when she noticed his little squad of shadow people. It was a bit creepy but she assumed it was because he was lonely. Roxy inhaled the smoke from her sublima and blew a few smoke rings towards the sky. The relaxing buzzing sensation in the back of her skull started. She looked up in the sky and wondered if Fibb was back in orbit. It wasn't like she had a transmitter or a shortwave receiver of some kind so she could check if he was out there. She didn't want to have to keep zipping off into space to keep looking for him. She hadn't made up her mind yet. She wanted to stay because it felt like it was her responsibility but at the same time she wanted to leave because she didn't want to be held down in any way. Roxy wasn't even sure if she wanted to be a god.

Roxy apperified the baseball back in her hand and brought it away. The baseball hung in the air weightlessly, "I do know one game though", she said rearing back the bat. She cracked the suspended ball with a bat that she made way harder than wood. The surface of the ground cracked and the baseball rocketed towards the boy. She had watched a game of this played during a sports festival on planet Aapus. She thinks it was called Qualin. whatever it was called she distinctly remember someone dying from it when she was there.

Edited by padfoot

Matt had sighed softly as he looked over at her. "That's ok we don't have to play that. " he smiled at her when she talked about another game though that smile faded when he saw her hit the ball directly towards him, with her strength there was no way he could catch it without serious injury. He instantly switched places with one of the shadows having the others go behind the first. The ball went through nine of them the tenth barely stopping it and handing it to Matt. Looking over at roxy he tossed the ball back to her "what game is that and why did you hit a comet at my face?" He smiled as he had a playful and joking tone in his voice, he wasn't sure about anything about her other than her name but she seemed like she would be a nice friend to have and that's what mattered most to Matt.

Turning, my eyes flashed a burning gold before settling back down. My fists remained clenched, however, and a small wave of energy shot out in my 'explosive' reaction.

"Do you think I appreciate being labeled as the goddess of the underworld? Do you think I adore being seen as the entity who bears nothing but death? If you understand where I'm going with this, refrain from calling me such names again. I am the Seer."

After getting that point across, I began to think of a way to answer the electric boy's other questions while at the same time calming myself mentally.

"Counting myself, there were well over 50 other gods who resided on this land before you. All of them fell within six hours after the Great Star set below the horizon. As for what you consider a pun, there is a deadline and it's coming soon. The Hunters have been searching for you since the day your abilities first manifested themselves. Also, I will forewarn you, the man who you called Zeus was one of the first to fall."

My last statement wasn't meant to be a belittler, this boy had potential higher than Soracon ever did, but it was meant to establish that man should not be underestimated. Our powers had practically been nullified and our strength had been dampened.

Ansgar held up his hands in surrender, visibly shaken, for once.

"I didn't mean to assume that you did. I don't know why you don't appreciate your abilities, even if they are meant to end lives. You knew the job you had in the universe from the day you were.. uh... manifest? I guess? That's more than can be said for a looooot of people, you know." he said. "But I'll call you what you appreciate. I don't like to sound like an ass."

He then crossed his arms in thought when she said the second part of it.

"Zeus fell first..?" he said, concerned. "And to think that the people on my planet adore him and praise him as a figurehead to ascend to as a man. I suppose once you beat an enemy, you use him to strengthen your own army in whatever way possible. Then again, the people on my planet were crazy as hell."

He grinned. "Honestly, it may sound rude, but every single one of them belonged in an asylum or a prison. I don't know how you get to a point like that. I guess it's when you lose the hope of a god or someone beyond the fold? Makes sense. We didn't really realize how much we needed the gods until they were gone. There was a song about that a long, long time ago.

They provided a sense of hope, of faith, of something better. Without it, everyone's gone nuts."

as Luke woke up from his crash landing he noticed some people playing some type of baseball game; but he was sure he was seeing it wrong because there were about ten people that he could not make out so he sat close by and watched how the game played out.

((( im going to a con today so I wont be able to post)))